Boku no Hero Academia (freeform/anime)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, October 15, 2017, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Student slots are filled atm (plot wise school recruits just one class with around 20 students and we got that). So mostly need teachers/staff members in Valencia Highschool.

FarFetched

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Ty

Admittedly, I could so see a Super Hero Academy having a staff with the personality type to most do janitor/groundskeeping but is also the Not-A-Teacher mentor to help and guide students. Not sure if it'd work so well outside of a scripted story though.

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine that some staff member who is willing perform janitor/groundskeeper duties but also provide mentoring outside class hours for those willing to spend time with him/her.

FarFetched

How's this?

Name: J. Basset
Hero Outfit: Whatever he happens to be wearing that day, plus a shiny gold badge that says 'SECURITY' on it.
Personality:
Basset has a laid back personality that enjoys taking life as slowly and easily as possible. Hence, why he decided that the best job in the world was to be security detail at Valencia. Thanks to the headmistress, the school's defenses are almost entirely automated. Basset doesn't have to do much beyond supervising the grounds and making sure the students don't do anything wildly dangerous.

When it comes to breaking school rules, Basset is pretty lax unless it involves things that the headmistress would get mad at him about. No Drugs, no public nudity, no unsanctioned fighting, etc. Overall, Basset is a very hard person to take seriously, which he considers a good thing. He doesn't take himself seriously either. Basset will do everything in his power to avoid working. He always does the bare minimum and would be perfectly content spending his whole day eating donuts behind a desk if the headmistress didn't have other plans.

Basset hopes he can keep things that way.

Quirk:
Shortcut (Emitter)
By concentrating for about an hour on a particular spot, Basset can create an invisible door on a surface leading to any other location in a radius of 1 mile. Once created, the user can touch the entrance of their "shortcut" to activate it; briefly allowing anyone nearby to enter or exit it. Even when open, the door is invisible, and those entering it appear to phase into walls. Though it may be impractical for crime fighting, it is very convenient. Basset has linked up most of the island with shortcuts to make life easier on himself.

PC's Casual Ons: Not doing anything, Donuts, Hotdogs
PC's Casual Offs:Trouble.
PC's Ons: People his age, Probably Donuts
PC's Offs: Kids and Highschool Students

Background:
Basset is a short, stocky, african man who likes to take life easy. Like many employees at Hero schools, Basset once wanted to be a hero himself, but he could never develop his quirk enough to be useful outside of guarding fixed locations. He was able to enroll in a hero academy, but during his internship as a sidekick, Basset suddenly dropped out of school.

After a time and possibly a bit of therapy, Basset decided to take life easy and become the closest thing to a hero he could still becom- security guard. Ayumi saw his abilities would be very helpful as a watchdog in her school, and decided to hire him. While he does do his job dutifully, he tends to only do what he's told and not much else, much to the Headmistress's chagrin.

Zaer Darkwail

J.Basset approved! Add him into charsheet thread :)

Kimera

So here's my entry. Hope it looks good ^^

Extra (NSFW): 1

Outfit: 1 - 2 - 3
Name/Super Hero Name: Lady Saa Aryaki - Crimson Moon
Original name Saa el-Aryan, though she modified her last name when she came to Japan.

Age/Gender/Nationality:  Aprox. 50.000 years / Female / Japanese (currently)

Description of Hero Outfit (or pic): As Crimson Moon, Saa's outfit resembles that of a ninja. A dark leotard with loose legwear that covers her outer thighs, making sure her outfit does not hamper her movements. In contrast to the perhaps simple looking cloth, her gauntlets and knee-boots are high-tech and loaded with cutting edge weapons and gadgets aimed to augment her abilities in the field. 

Its most iconic feature is the long, crimson scarf

Personality (1-2 paragraph minimum): Refined yet easygoing, Saa is a woman who has learned to indulge the finer things in life. She could easily be compared to a cat, preferring to enjoy the pampered lifestyle she could afford with the wealth she has accumulated across the millenia. 

At the same time, Saa is assertive, strong willed and quite a devious woman to boot. Headstrong, she always tries to get what she wants. Her twists and scemes can sometimes take years, even decades to make things turn in her favor. Some say patience is a virtue, and Saa says she has all the time in the world. She hase a multi-facetted view upon the world and doesn't believe in good or evil. Her countless experiences have tought her those concepts are too limited and narrow-minded. It is because of this that she can equally respect such heroic individuals as All-might, but also the misunderstood rebels like Stain, who's passion and devotion to his cause she admires. 

Saa's also a bit of a heidonist, often keeping up to a dozen suitors to play around with. However she's most attracted to exceptionally strong indiviuals, though not persé in the physical sense alone. Over the course of histroy, she has had quite a number of powerful figures as lovers.

Quirk: Ouroboros (Eternity Embodiment - Mutation):
From the moment she was, she would be for ever.

In short, she's immortal. Her mutation quirk basically makes her body eternal, everlasting. This means that she hasn't aged once its effect had kicked in. It also means she cannot be harmed or killed permamently as she instantly regenerates or ressurects. She never grows tired or is affected by hunger, thirst or lack of air. So all around perfect immortality with perfect immunities and cannot be defeated permanently. Her body cannot be altered or transformed, as she is immune to anything which would seek to control or change her, physically or mentally.

The potency of her quirk is comparable to All for One/One for All. But aside from her immense powerful defense, she herself is just like a regular human with human abilities. Given her unnatural long lifetime, she has managed to train for aeons in various mental and physical tasks. Her skills are off the chart as her memories do not decay nor change once she acquires them.

PC's casual Ons:
Drinking, Refined cuisine, fancy clothes, luxery, gambling

PC's casual Offs:
Short sighted people, being rushed

PC's sexual Ons:
Dominant partner (male), submissive partner (either), worship, exhibitionism, bondage (giving and receiving), multiple partners, multiple relationships

PC's sexual Offs:
Blood, Vore, Scat

Background (2-3 paragraphs minimum, include reason why want become a hero and why going/assigned to Valencia High School): Hmm...where to begin, Thanks to her quirk, Saa's story is almost as long as human history itself.

In ancient times, her unique quirk easily made her become an idol of worship. In Ancient Egypt, people mistook her for the living embodiment of Hathor, goddess of fertility (it was the horns). She became one of the first queens of Egypt.

As humanity evolved, so did she and Saa always managed to be in the upper eshalons of any given society. Her vast lifespan allowed her to aquire and gain an uncountable amount of wealth, recourses and knowledge. She has studied under the greatest minds and philosophers in history. Trained with the most skilled of warriors and heroes. Excluding some heroes, most humans never manage to push their body beyond 40% of their potential. But over the course of the millenia, Saa has honed her body both mentally and physically to its upper limits.

In the past, most of the power and wealth was bound to ones family name. A tedious endeavour to keep ones wealth while keeping ones immortaility a secret. Now in the modern age however, other ventures rose and so Saa began to stock her weallth in various corporations held in control by her countless aliases. the most notable of these organisations was O.N.I., a powerful research and development company.

Over the course of the centuries, she has switched sides numerous times from hero to villain and back. These days she has settled on playing for the 'good guys', though she uses that term loosely. With the current boom of quirk users in this era, Saa decided it would be fun to guide and teach the newest generation. Its because of this that her organisation has started to fund several schools in training young hero's.

Always on the lookout for new innovations and developments in tech and science, Saa took notice of a young and driven scientist named Ayumi Yakikaze. She had some interesting ideas and visions and so Saa decided to back this womans research. Saa helped raise Valencia High and is one of the schools most prominent benefactors, though she neglected to mention she has her fingers in the other hero academia as well.

Saa doesn't consider herself a hero persé. She's a business woman first and foremost. Crimson Moon is more of a pet project, a hobby and like her quirk, a well kept secret.

FarFetched

One problem; Quirks only started showing up a couple generations ago. I'd say about 75 years? There isn't a general number, but it started in the 1990's at least.

(Also, I really disagree with making All For One/One for All level quirks- but that is me and I'm not the GM of this game. In All For One's case, It would like comparing one quirk with a thousand quirks wrapped together; one of which also being Immortality. On top of that, All-Might's One-For-All could probably beat even Saa quite handily. He could simply punch her so hard that all her tech splinters into scrap, sending her flying into space at an escape-velocity, never to touch ground again until the heat-death of the universe. They're meant to be the ultimate power-ceilings; everything in that territory becomes One-Punch-Man levels of unstoppable, which is why the anime only introduces them as incredibly weakened individuals whose bodies were destroyed fighting one-another.)

Kimera

Well first I wanted to make something completely different. But when I had to roll for a random power, I ended up with this one. Didn't know what to do with it or what it would give my char.

This is what Zaer told me:

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 20, 2017, 01:54:33 PM
Well, I say if you got that quirk as mutation it basically means you cannot age (after certain point), cannot killed permamently (you instantly ress) and you never tire/feel hunger nor thirst nor drown. So all around perfect immortality with perfect immunities and cannot be defeated permanently (besides you can be bound or pinned down but no one cannot transform you into stone as your immune to anything which would seek control or change you, physically or mentally).

But besides immense powerful defense you as yourself are regular human, perhaps for your char (unique manner) is actually ancient; meaning she was born during ancient times and have lived through various disasters in human history and even worshiped as a deity even for a time. But in modern times your just mysterious ageless woman who works as teacher in Valencia Highschool (for now anyways).

Your potency in the quirk is comparable to All for One/One for All, basically legendary tier. But overall besides perfect blocks and such she herself is just human with human abilities (albeit as immortal who has trained aeons in various mental and physical tasks your skill is off the chart as your memories do not decay nor change once you acquire them). Ayumi has mere glimpse of idea of your quirk and how it works (and cannot be copied as being copied is a effectively a change from 'unique' to 'multiple').

Prosak

I clicked the link and got something interesting at random. Non Existence/Isolation :  The power to make yourself non existent, no not invisibility.  But to become undetectable, people just don't realize or acknowledge him being there.  As well when his powers are active he leaves no physical trace of his presence, no finger prints, or DNA and is a unrecognisable blur on camera.  Lol, I immediately thought of a detective like hero,  such as the Question from DC comics. :D . Thoughts? Link to the power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Isolation?useskin=oasis

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I basically wrote what Kimera's char's quirk does. True quirks started appear in canon universe at 1990's, but in this game canon they may had appeared in the past on rare occasions (not in massive flow like in present, like every 100 years one person acquired quirk in entire world etc). Overall Kimera's char is our universe version of Vandal Savage. Albeit Kimera's char does not have raw power of One for All/All for One, but in pure defense it's uncontested when comparing to those two quirks. Both quirk could seek annihilate Kimera's char and they would fail as her very existence cannot be erased/changed at all.

True she could easily defeated, locked up or 'knocked out into space'. But that's sort weakness with that quirk as otherwise it would be too OP. So long enemy is not aware their foe can resurrect itself perfectly, then char can just keep creating aliases and disappear each time their defeated. The physical/mental performance upgrade is based on that Stein, despite having no quirks to support his combat prowess (he just had paralysis), he still fought hardcore because of his conviction and years of hard training and combating heroes. So Kimera's char pushes that performance to 11 thanks aeons of survival, training and experience. The gadgets/tech adds further edge which to use (albeit primary purpose is more to give char means to help others than just herself).

So considering long PM discussion has been about the char, Kimera's char is approved in and can be added to charsheet section.

Quote from: Prosak on November 26, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
I clicked the link and got something interesting at random. Non Existence/Isolation :  The power to make yourself non existent, no not invisibility.  But to become undetectable, people just don't realize or acknowledge him being there.  As well when his powers are active he leaves no physical trace of his presence, no finger prints, or DNA and is a unrecognisable blur on camera.  Lol, I immediately thought of a detective like hero,  such as the Question from DC comics. :D . Thoughts? Link to the power: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Isolation?useskin=oasis

That is quite potent quirk; a sort of quirk which made char easily labelled as potential villain (as in sense you can do crimes and never get caught because lack of evidence). Interesting if such char chose career as hero/detective.

Prosak

Well, if every hundred years or so  did occure with a human having a quirk.. That could account for the godlike heroes of myth and legend. Heracles, Siegfried, Sun Wukong, Guan Yu , Cu Chulain the hound of Ulster etc.

Also, I agree it is the kind of quirk that would be labeled as something a villian would use. But he is simply put, a man of principles. He sits in a morally grey area, breaking into locations for clues and using his power against unsuspecting foes. But he would ultimately be good.

Zaer Darkwail

So would your char be then a teacher or a staff member in academy? Or shared acquaintance/friend of Ayumi?

Prosak

I'm personally thinking a bit of both actually. He would be a friend of Ayumi, recently convinced to join faculty as a teacher. Maybe a bit controversial for him to be a teacher but it keeps him from getting into trouble with the law, as would probably be Ayumi intentions.  It is just due to his more questionable decisions.  One of his personal flaws is the fact that he is a conspiracy minded man with a naturally inquisitive disposition. So he tends to get himself into trouble. He opporates much like Eraserhead,  keeps away from the spotlight and does stealth jobs against villians. But he has a tendency to shoot towards his hunches and gut feelings,  developing independent investigations outside of the knowledge of law enforcement. which have tended to be right and have led to arresting crooked cops/heroes, take down corruption and other such conspiracies.  But by making these personal investigations without involving the authorities, he has poor relationship with law enforcement hinging on tenuous at best. So making him a teacher would be a good friends attempt at keeping the guy out of trouble. But these are just my initial thoughts. 

Edit,: The main reason I think his actions creates a problem between him and authorities goes like this: In the eyes of the law a hero is supposed to help them with powered individuals and should leave investigations and active cases to the authorities.

Zaer Darkwail

Also considering your char has carried out the investigations without being part of said government branch (law forces) and found evidences with unregulared/unlicensed investigation (albeit no proof is found on his involvement but is known he has the quirk capable to doing so), he is in tenious relationship with the law who views him using his powers stepping outside bounds what hero license gives to him (but again no proof and they cannot put him on trial without any evidence him being involved).

Also considering Ayumi has some more 'questionable' sort sponsors (oni girl above and plus some others) may had wanted get closer to Ayumi to keep eye on her and her involvement in businesses at hand....to see she does not slip to villain side too much (she is remarkable hero but some her friends/associates have villainous pasts and she herself is grey zone in morals as well but has high heroic ideals).

Steir

If you're going with a vigilante character, you'll have to check out Vigilante: Boku no Hero Illegals. It's the legitimate side story with a different set of cast, being "unofficial" heroes trying to keep the peace in their area.

All I can say about Immortality is it doesn't really protect you from the pain. It kind of reminded me of that Jackie Chan animated series on TV back then.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, pain will be enormous but immortal with 50,000 years of experience has different standards for 'pain' than most people do (more so when person has 'died' several times violently).

Steir

That is true. You get by the pain if you have lived that long.

Prosak

(Note: Doesn't this power give any one else The Shadow vibes? "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men... The Shadow knows...."

Name/Super Hero Name: Jacob Burns / Enigma
Age/Gender/Nationality: 21, Male, America (Predominantly of Irish, German and Scottish Heritage.)
Description of Hero Outfit (or pic): N/A, he doesn't have one. The nature of his abilities requires no need for equipment to better them, his abilities are just as strong as they can ever be. Further he sees no use in flashy threads that screams heroics, especially if one wants to be inconspicuous in a crowd. No, Jacob prefer's to just go in his usual attire. Mainly in Shirt's and vest's accompanied by suit's or long coat's.

Personality: Jacob is a very straight shooter, he doesnt sugar coat much and goes straight to the point. He hate's beating around the bush and is very apposed to lying, it creates more problems then it is worth to lie and is very counter intuitive towards his personal ethics. One of his personal flaws is his need to know, to find answers for his questions. You see, Jacob has OCD, which comes in the form of his obssesive and compulsive need to be in control of his situation. He needs to see the whole picture, every angle and detail. Not being sure of something or being in the dark on something just leaves a bad taste in his mouth. And something going past his personal barrier of details makes him quit the self kicker indeed. Regardless, he makes an attempt at brevity by his usual tactic of dry wit. This is a means to deflect peoples criticisms, as well as being a way to make people more comfortable. (As his need to know everything, may make him seem uncomfortably close to other's private affairs.) Not to mention is a good way to drop someones guard in social interactions.

Quirk:Isolation (Emitter):  The power to make yourself non existent, no not invisibility.  But to become undetectable, people just don't realize or acknowledge him being there.  As well when his powers are active he leaves no physical trace of his presence, no finger prints, or DNA and is a unrecognizable blur on camera. Further more, with little to no concentration he can focus this state of Isolation onto his face. As a result, this makes him seem wholly unremarkable when he does so, his face doesn't stand out and people soon forget his features. (As a result, he never really uses a mask.) Flaws: When Isolation is being emitted this also Isolates the user from other people. IE: While he can interact with object's, he can not make physical contact with other's until he ceases his quirks ability. Making it so that any stealthy actions performed on a living being must be considered wisely, as when his ability is no longer active he is fully detectable.  This flaw is likely a result of his quirks nature, bringing him into a state between existing and non existing.

PC's casual Ons: Likes honesty, integrity, Respecting other viewpoints, Trying out different food's and dishes (Food lover.) Admires gut's (especially in those who seek to become heroes, despite having abilities others deem useless or non heroic.)

PC's casual Offs: Lie's, Disrespecting the opinions of others, Bull headed people, Impatience, Brusselsprouts (:P Yuck!)

PC's sexual Ons: Submissive Partners (Either) Dominant Partners (Either), Foreplay,  multiple partners, multiple relationships, Anal, Loves Oral (Give+Recieve) Breast jobs, hotdogging, teasing. Light Bondage, Risk of being caught/Public play.

PC's sexual Offs: Blood, non con, potty play,

Background: When Jacob was 8 year's old, his ability took effect. At first, he couldn't control it and he couldn't understand what was happening. Everyone around him, his parents, his twin brother, friends, no one would speak to him. No one would acknowledge him. Desperate and alone, he did what any eight year old would do, even as his parents called for him. He cried himself to sleep in his bed. It was only by his mother waiting in his room, hoping for him to return, that she finally realized he was there all along. When they were finally able to notice him, they immediately took him to the doctor. Whom through a bit of effort, gave a partial understanding of Jacob's abilities. He felt helpless, alone, confused and ignorant the day that his powers emerged. And he swore, ever since he will never be kept in the dark again. A oath to himself that made him obsessed with finding the truth.

He graduated in an American hero coarse, he did not shoot for any of the prestigious schools becouse he knew he would never be admitted. Their program's initial tests typically favored those who harnessed purely combat based abilities, or those who had a pro heroes backing. Either of which he was not likely to get. However, as he may have not gone to a school the likes of Japans UA. He did make a early name for himself in the hero circles within the us. His way of crime fighting was not only unusual, but he had a habit of butting his head where it did not belong. Within his first year as a Crime fighterl, he exposed one of Americas top heroes, Crimson Clover, of a massive Heroic's fraud scheme. Using the massive funds he received from sponsor's in order to pay off big name villians willing to play ball. They would put on a show, let Crimson win, then Crimson would pay off corrupt law enforcement to 'miss manage' the fiends and let them get away. It was at that moment, early on in his career that Enigma cemented himself as a hero not to be trusted. Of coarse, no one lost sleep over Crimson Clover's arrest, however Enigma's eager willingnes to look into his own fellow hero as if he was a criminal turned heads Jacobs way. And as a result, in a following press interview a few days later, his response to these criticisms from fellow heroes that wished to stay anonymous was this: "Crimson shouldn't feel bad or special. I looked into every hero ive ever met or went to school with, or even heard about. Im just that trusting of a guy. And if anyone feels insulted, they shouldn't be. Some one has to make sure we don't miss manage the trust civilians place in us."

Years after Crimson Clovers arrest, it was at a charity function inviting hero's agencies from all over the globe that Jacob met Ayumi. He had seen her sitting alone, at the very table he was also assigned seating to. The confident young man approached her, asking in his usual dry wit, "Is this the table for black sheep? if so i'm certain Im assigned over here."He respected Ayumi, she had integrity, intelligence and her own unique way of looking at things.  And ever since then, he found himself drawn to Japan to visit her from time to time. Eventually moving there, where he happened to be less known and as a result less despised. Even though his reputation proceeded him even in japan, many knowing enough not to fully trust the hero who puts his nose in everything. Recently, after a few smaller cases, Jacob has began to receive much scrutiny from Japan's law enforcement agencies. And as a result has been convince by his friend Ayumi to attend her school as a teacher, where he can duck his head and keep himself out of to much trouble for a while. He still finds the time for some hero work but being a teacher seems to fancy his sensibilities well, teaching the next generation does more good then anything else he can be doing.

Zaer Darkwail

Enigma approved, feel free post him in charsheet thread and write yourself in the IC thread (with his powers he could pop up into surface anywhere really as he could had been in scene all along).

Steir

Enigma's power reminds me of that one monster in Monsters University - that guy who just suddenly shows up beside you without being noticed.

:3c

DaughterofDragons

Snake

It's hit a bit of a slow point but don't let that put you off from submitting a character