News:

Main Menu

Our first month

Started by Lilac, May 26, 2005, 03:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilac

I'd say we've had a pretty good first month, all things considered ^_^

Kilobytes Transferred: 3,304,206 (A little over 5% of our allotment)
Raw Hits: 1,581,906
Raw Files: 496,078
Raw Page Views: 276,594 (Averaging a little better than 9,000 per day)

We seem to be getting around 200 unique visitors a day on average.  The real number is hard to determine for various reasons - this is just a best guess.

Right now there aren't a whole lot of visible links pointing to Elliquiy ;_;  That will probably get addressed over the next six months while search engines and directories add us.  Slowly.

Ajoxer

Huzzah for Lilac! * pours lilac into a pool at the little altar, swirling it so a soothing scent comes from the little pool.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Spookie Monster

Coooool. Thanks for the update, Lilac! :D That said... well, imagine for the sake of argument that I'm a complete idiot totally unfamiliar with how the Internet works. Would I be right in thinking these data indicate Elliquiy could grow by, say, fifteen times and still remain stable? Is that better than you expected at this stage? Is that worse than you expected at this stage? How will future changes to the site affect bandwidth usage? Can we ourselves help make the site more efficient by doing something differently? Should I be wearing pants when I ask these questions?

Whatever the case... thanks again, Lilac! For everything! You're sweeter than a ninja! :D

(I've been here almost a month?! :o )
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Lilac

If you build a content-oriented website and get to 10k views a day in a year, you're doing good.

We can grow quite a ways.  Ten times the users could mean twenty times the bandwidth, however.  Or thirty times.  Simply because people making posts means people reading posts, so it doesn't scale linearly.  If it really gets out of hand I figure I can look into ads.

Hunter

*toots a horn and throws confetti*
10,000 posts!

Vandren

Quote from: Hunter on May 27, 2005, 06:07:18 PM
*toots a horn and throws confetti*
10,000 posts!

10,002.  :)  So, is there any prize for the 10,000th post?  :D
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lilac

Well, since over a hundred posts have been deleted, which should I count? O_o

Hunter

Ah, but it doesn't count.  I was going by the number at the top of my browser which said it was over 10k posts.   :)

Vandren

Quote from: Hunter on May 27, 2005, 10:45:05 PM
Ah, but it doesn't count.  I was going by the number at the top of my browser which said it was over 10k posts.   :)

Same here.  :)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Lilac

Quote from: Vandren on May 27, 2005, 10:51:46 PM
Same here.  :)

Fine, your last post in the Lord's only forum wins ^_^

For the curious ladies, it reads

"Definitely getting her off.  One, because its a nice prelude to both of us.  Two, because its fun.  And, well, there are lots of other reasons.  :)"