Broken Dolls - an Interest Check

Started by LimitlessNikkie, October 25, 2018, 01:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: lustfulintentions on November 01, 2018, 09:27:41 AM
Okay- Finally had a chance to think this through a bit more, and I think I'd like to go down the route of a roughly-middle-aged gentleman who owns a struggling small rock-club/concert venue who's a recovering alcoholic struggling with anxiety stemming from his financial issues/recovery (and maybe a divorce).

I think I really want an excuse to use a Dave Grohl faceclaim. :P

Sounds great.

I'm thinking of having everyone living in the same building and that's were the overlap is. That sound good to everyone? Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Amarlo

That might be problematic for those that want to play the rich, the poor or anything in between though.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheHangedOne

I'd imagine that everybody is more or less on the out and out; downtrodden and the like.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Amarlo

My second character might possibly be an heiress, though. :P So neeeeer

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

LimitlessNikkie

Maybe a list of setting then where all the characters frequent.

Wyatt

Maybe base it off of a neighborhood, some of those in NYC can be quite diverse and still rather cozily small area wise and with landmarks and places to eat, live and play that tie the identity of the area together.  That would seem a really nice compromise, use an actual NYC neighborhood or make one up.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Wyatt on November 01, 2018, 09:05:23 PM
Maybe base it off of a neighborhood, some of those in NYC can be quite diverse and still rather cozily small area wise and with landmarks and places to eat, live and play that tie the identity of the area together.  That would seem a really nice compromise, use an actual NYC neighborhood or make one up.

I like the idea of using an actual neighborhood for reference. We could use it as the base and then characters could travel where ever they please with the city. Off to do some research, see if I can find an economically diverse neighborhood.

lustfulintentions

Simply sticking my head back in this thread, curious to hear if anything materialized further for our lovely host.