Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Please remember Ember that this is in 1978. Also I would need to know a few other details then that. For instance, house and year. Currently speaking the way Ocs are looking, for the only confirmed ones I have (which is just my own) the following details I have are this.

1. Female Gryffindor 7th Year (Taken)
2. Male Gryffindor 7th Year
3. Female Gryffindor 6th Year
4. Male Gryffindor 6th Year

1. Female Slytherin 7th Year
2. Male Slytherin 7th Year
3. Female Slytherin 6th Year
4. Male Slytherin 6th Year

1. Female Hufflepuff 7th Year
2. Male Hufflepuff 7th Year
3. Female Hufflepuff 6th Year
4. Male Hufflepuff 6th Year

1. Female Ravenclaw 7th Year
2. Male Ravenclaw 7th Year
3. Female Ravenclaw 6th Year
4. Male Ravenclaw 6th Year

That's the Limit to OCs for now. I do this so we don't saturate a particular house or Year. When we get all of the OCs for a year filled, and we get more Canons to keep things balanced as well... I will open another set of OC slots. Meaning... if we get all 8 of the 7th years we need... I will open 8 more Seventh year slots. Same for the Sixth Years.

Adult OCs are unlimited, but if you sign up for a female, you cannot get another female unless we have more males than females.

When the Rp fully opens up, I will keep track of the number of Males and Females in each year, House, and among the Adults. This way we can keep better track of numbers and people will know what is and isn't available at that time.

I know this seems really restrictive, but I think it's the most logical way to handle things.

As for Co-Gms right now I have Rogue for the School, I was thinking about talking to Google to find out if he wanted to be the Co-Gm for the Adult group.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Ember Star

No. No. How you're setting it up makes perfect sense to me. Trust me, having had helped managed so much Hogwarts related stuff, I know how out of hand things can get.

Amira could pass for either 6th or 7th year. Doesn't matter. Her house would have to be Ravenclaw, though. As for more information, I actually have a version of her for a group I was (briefly) in here. If you look in my O/O thread, you'll see it. Amira Belladonna Sly is her name. Things about her can be edited here and there if need be, as long as I get to keep her as she is. I also have a real picture for her, I just don't have it up in that profile. 

And yes, I know and understand the year now, it doesn't phase me. LOL. I was just flaked out last night.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 07:06:50 PM
No. No. How you're setting it up makes perfect sense to me. Trust me, having had helped managed so much Hogwarts related stuff, I know how out of hand things can get.

Amira could pass for either 6th or 7th year. Doesn't matter. Her house would have to be Ravenclaw, though. As for more information, I actually have a version of her for a group I was (briefly) in here. If you look in my O/O thread, you'll see it. Amira Belladonna Sly is her name. Things about her can be edited here and there if need be, as long as I get to keep her as she is. I also have a real picture for her, I just don't have it up in that profile. 

And yes, I know and understand the year now, it doesn't phase me. LOL. I was just flaked out last night.

I'm still hesitant on the whole Animagus thing. My character Cerridwen is learning to be an Animgus, but she hasn't gotten to her first transformation. It's highly complicated magic, and only someone with intensive training (or luck in the marauders case, lots of stupid luck) can manage it. Cerridwen has several family members in the Auror's program, who have been training her - and that's the job she plans on having as soon as she is out of school. So she's been learning as part of her training regimen.

If she was a REGISTERED Animagus, and has a GOOD reason for knowing how to be an Animagus, and kept it quiet from the other students, that would be another matter. But I am REALLY REALLY iffy on an OC being an Animagus straight from the get go.

Ember Star

I can remove the Animagus part if need be. I've done so before for other groups I've had her in.

However, as for reasoning, I do have it (though not in that version of her profile). Her mother was a wand maker, and also a Animagus, both her grandparents on her mother's side were also Animaguses. So that's makes it a time honored family tradition, and since she's the last of her mother's line, she worked very hard to be apart of that tradition (with instructional help from her mother's house elf). She's also very smart and driven, and wants to be either a Auror or a Professor, too.

that background I have on that profile does not go into great details. But I've had one version or another of this character for 4 years, so I can go in depth wherever you need me to.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 07:19:14 PM
I can remove the Animagus part if need be. I've done so before for other groups I've had her in.

However, as for reasoning, I do have it (though not in that version of her profile). Her mother was a wand maker, and also a Animagus, both her grandparents on her mother's side were also Animaguses. So that's makes it a time honored family tradition, and since she's the last of her mother's line, she worked very hard to be apart of that tradition (with instructional help from her mother's house elf). She's also very smart and driven, and wants to be either a Auror or a Professor, too.

that background I have on that profile does not go into great details. But I've had one version or another of this character for 4 years, so I can go in depth wherever you need me to.

I actually have rather strict minimum requirements for character profiles. I want to be able to know the character, before they join the Rp. So the history of certain kinds of magic is a bonus. Do realize that just because others can do it, doesn't mean you can manage it. Animagus is a learned magic, and the propensity for it isn't genetic. You might get lucky and be able to, but it's that first transformation that is the most dangerous. Also as a note you Animagus is almost always the same as your Patronus, it tends to vary very little. In some cases it's different.

Like Cerridwen's Animagus is a Wolf (when she's done) and her Patronus is a Dragon. The wolf is closer to her nature, for her animal. While the Dragon is the ultimate personification of a Druids idea of a protector.

Ember Star

oh trust me, I know. See, I first started playing this character as a 11 year old (she's actually my very first character I've ever made) first arriving at Hogwarts (my last plays of her have been at 17-18), and she was dreaming of becoming one even then. Which made her damn determined. I've been able to RP several major points in her life, including her first Animagus transformation (which was when she was 16, around Christmas time), which actually came close to destroying her.

Also note that I've had her as the seeker on the Ravenclaw Quiddish team since 3rd year and Captain of the Ravenclaw Quiddish team since mid 5th year. So I'd like to hopefully be able to keep the first of those, if not the latter.

Ember Star

but like I said I can revert her back to either trying to, or dreaming of becoming a Animagus if need be. I'd just like to keep it, if possible. But I'm not going to fret if I can't.

SweetSerenade

Seeker for Ravenclaw is fine, if she has the build for it. I'm not going to let characters that are two tall/curvy/bulky be a seeker, cause it doesn't fit the seeker dynamics. The best seekers, those that last for years, are lanky. Also, I'm thinking Captainship is usually something that gets passed to a Sixth year from a Seventh year (like in the case of James being the Captain in his Seventh year) - Very rarely is it passed early. Usually the Captain picks their Co-captain at the beginning of Sixth year, and starts grooming them to take over in Seventh, and that cycle continues to repeat itself. So that only the most skilled/dedicated players can get the position. :D

Ember Star

oh, trust me, she's not too tall or bulky. She's like 5'4", slender, and 110lb. As for why she got captainship when she did, it was a case of the previous captain attacking a Hufflepuff player and getting stripped of his position on the team. Amira was chosen because she was simply the best player left on the team (since some of the 6th and 7th year players (including the Co captain) quit because of loyalty to the previous captain). However, I'm perfectly happy negating all that and having it passed to her normally if it means she'll get to keep captainship.

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 08:10:00 PM
oh, trust me, she's not too tall or bulky. She's like 5'4", slender, and 110lb. As for why she got captainship when she did, it was a case of the previous captain attacking a Hufflepuff player and getting stripped of his position on the team. Amira was chosen because she was simply the best player left on the team (since some of the 6th and 7th year players (including the Co captain) quit because of loyalty to the previous captain). However, I'm perfectly happy negating all that and having it passed to her normally if it means she'll get to keep captainship.

If you are willing to move it to Co-Captain in Sixth year, Captain the start of the year, I'll be a bit more ok with it. Perhaps even Captain since Sixth year, because of the situation?

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 08:10:56 PM
If you are willing to move it to Co-Captain in Sixth year, Captain the start of the year, I'll be a bit more ok with it. Perhaps even Captain since Sixth year, because of the situation?
I would be perfectly happy doing either of those :) Whichever one suits your fancy, I'm easy to work with.

oh and this is my real picture for her instead of the anime art I have in that old profile.

Rogue

Out of curiosity does your character have heterochromia? Or was that just the lighting in the photo?

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 09:13:05 PM
Out of curiosity does your character have heterochromia? Or was that just the lighting in the photo?
She does have heterochromia. I actually had to get somebody to Photoshop those eyes to the right colors.  I also have this which is my anime/art picture of her.

Rogue

SweetSerenade

You know what I really want? A group Artist. If they were good enough, i'd make them the 'image mod' for the group. XD People would have to make deals with them to get character art, or the player who happens to be the art mod... if they see a thread that particularly strikes their fancy... art of it would be cool. I only had this once, but it was with a SailorMoon Rp XD

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 10:36:35 PM
You know what I really want? A group Artist. If they were good enough, i'd make them the 'image mod' for the group. XD People would have to make deals with them to get character art, or the player who happens to be the art mod... if they see a thread that particularly strikes their fancy... art of it would be cool. I only had this once, but it was with a SailorMoon Rp XD
That would be awesome.

Ember Star

also, can you go ahead and let me know for sure about which quiddish captain path to take and about the animagus stuff, soon? I kinda feel like going ahead and rewriting and expanding her background, so those two details will be handy to have when I do :)

minerva7790

I've got some interest in playing an OC Ravenclaw girl. Seems like one of those is taken by Ember Star, but from what I gather, she's still undecided on 6th or 7th year?

Also, how do I go about making a profile or applying for an OC character?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

I don't have any of the OOC and Detail threads up, nor any of the rule threads. Sorry, I was waiting a bit on that. Ember had decided upon a 7th year Ravenclaw, which means the 6th is open. But I can only let people take a tentative claim - for the time being. :D

AutoTune

Quote from: Ember Star on June 23, 2013, 08:52:18 AM
The flashbacks/memories of Snape given to Harry when he dies explains a lot of that. I think that's the right spot anyway. My mind's still foggy. Anyway, I suggest rereading that chapter to help with that.
I don't have time to read the books, sorry, but thank you for the advice.

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 08:30:56 AM
*Smiles at Auto* not specifically. It's all up to you since there are rumors of Snape hanging with the junior Death Eater Brigade when he was still in school (Around both 6/7th year). Or, more specifically, whenever it was that Lily made her final rebuke to him by choosing James over him. This is RP though and if you go for Snape/Lily, you can always talk to SapphireStar about this. This is also for if you prefer true good Snape, because Lily, cannonically, has that kind of influence on him. It's all about what you want to do which is why I held off on advice.
Thanks for the ideas and insight. (:

Ember Star

you'd really would only have to reread the one chapter in the one book to get the information you seek. (I'm assuming you've already read the books once)

minerva7790

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 24, 2013, 12:50:53 AM
I don't have any of the OOC and Detail threads up, nor any of the rule threads. Sorry, I was waiting a bit on that. Ember had decided upon a 7th year Ravenclaw, which means the 6th is open. But I can only let people take a tentative claim - for the time being. :D

Ok sure! I can start working on a profile immediately, actually. I've got a vague idea, just need to let the ideas take seed... I'd just like to check with you on the rules about having a character of a different ethnicity. She will be born in the UK as a British subject, but her Muggle parents migrated after World War Two to start a new life.

Quote from: AutoTune on June 24, 2013, 02:24:07 AM
I don't have time to read the books, sorry, but thank you for the advice.
Thanks for the ideas and insight. (:

I believe Severus was hanging out with some of the "junior Death Eater Brigade", as TimeyWimey calls them, in Year 5. One of the flashbacks mentioned in Ember's chapter talks about this. But if you want a specific time when he decided to be a Death Eater, canon won't help you on that. If you ask me, Lily and James getting together in Year 7 probably sealed it for Severus, but it might have been earlier than that. But as TimeyWimey says, this is RP. ;)

You had another question about when he decided to betray Voldemort in favour of the Order. That's easier to answer: when he found out that Voldemort was going to kill the Potters, including his beloved Lily. That will be after his Hogwarts years though.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Working on profiles is good an all, but just get details down. I'm making a brand new profile format for this roleplay, and the coding will take me a bit. I need to wait till the baby isn't being such an arse to my stomach.

Ember Star

I'm rewriting her biography, but that's it. I know better than to include a bunch of categories until a format is posted.  Just feel like getting it down.

Already have 8+ paragraphs and I'm only at the point where she gets her Hogwarts letter. LOL.

Rogue

Quote from: minerva7790 on June 24, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
Ok sure! I can start working on a profile immediately, actually. I've got a vague idea, just need to let the ideas take seed... I'd just like to check with you on the rules about having a character of a different ethnicity. She will be born in the UK as a British subject, but her Muggle parents migrated after World War Two to start a new life.

I believe Severus was hanging out with some of the "junior Death Eater Brigade", as TimeyWimey calls them, in Year 5. One of the flashbacks mentioned in Ember's chapter talks about this. But if you want a specific time when he decided to be a Death Eater, canon won't help you on that. If you ask me, Lily and James getting together in Year 7 probably sealed it for Severus, but it might have been earlier than that. But as TimeyWimey says, this is RP. ;)

You had another question about when he decided to betray Voldemort in favour of the Order. That's easier to answer: when he found out that Voldemort was going to kill the Potters, including his beloved Lily. That will be after his Hogwarts years though.

*Smiles softly* I go by Rogue, but yeah, the fifth year sounds right as well. You know how that goes... Fannon and cannon getting all screwed up. Also, There is the whole theory that since old Voldie wasn't meant to kill Lily (via the dementor flashbacks) that he defected to the light because Voldie killed Lily not before.