Social Survival (needs M and F roles)

Started by MusicNoteAngel, January 27, 2011, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNoteAngel

The jist of it:

You receive a letter in the mail stating that you have been invited for a social experiment. The pay is $1,000,000. You must spend the next 10 years on an island with a group of strangers and you must survive. There will be 6-8 people. I am looking for 2-3 females and 3-4 males (as I will be playing the other female)

Upon entering the island you are given a choice of three things to bring with you and we each have our own hut.

Everything starts out at the bare minimum and we gather as we go. We must hunt for our own food.

If you are interested in working this out and adding details or participating please post here or pm me.

Here is how I was thinking the roles could go:

Female 1: Strong minded, intelligent. Looking to escape her former life through this. Looking for her fairy tale. Played by me.

Female 2: The "alpha" female. She is very dominant yet can be gentle when need be. She tends to look after everyone. Sexual nature unknown.

Female 3: The "omega" female. Very submissive, always does what is told. Sexual nature is unknown.

Female 4 (If applicable): The "ditzy" girl. Is really only in it for the money. Sexual nature unknown.

Male 1: Dominant and tries to achieve leadership, although he's battling for the top position with Female 2. He is a strong man who would be in charge of hunting and taking care of the others. Sexual nature is unknown.

Male 2: Independent. He tends to go off and do his own thing. He is reserved. Sexual nature is unknown.

Male 3: Very submissive. Tends to gravitate to a more dominant person as he is incapable of making decisions on his own. Sexual nature is unknown.

Male 4 (If applicable): Considered to be a spoiled brat by the rest of the people. He refuses to do any type of hard labor but enjoys to reap the benefits. Considered the "villian" of the story. sexual nature is unknown.
As beautiful as a musical melody...

AurelieCatena

What tags would you put on this roleplay? NC? Extreme?

If hard enough, you could count me in to play a female's role.

KaiiVii

I am in love with this idea. I can play a male or female as needed. :)

(not gonna lie I wish this was alien planet and not Island-on-earth but it still sounds awesome)
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

MusicNoteAngel

For a rating I would have to say unsure. It can really go anyway as long as there is a partner also willing.

Kaiivii: I figured I would stick with Earth for my first time designing an rp here : ) although the concept does get me thinking for the future : )

AurelieCatena

I would prefer it on earth as well.

And anyway, alone on an island, we would not have access to technological stuff, I would say?

MusicNoteAngel

No technology whatsoever. The island has never been inhabited so there are no natives either.

KaiiVii

Climate? Animals Life? Topography?  Do they have any info about the island before they leave?

MusicNoteAngel

The only information given is that the island is a warm climate and that there is wildlife but there is no information given as to what kind.

KaiiVii

So, tropical I guess? ill go ponder a character then

Xillen

Hi,

Do you want to focus on player interaction, or on the players exploring the island?

Will you take a GMs role and describe what players find as they explore, or do you consider it co-writing?

MusicNoteAngel

Yes tropical : )

I would like the main focus to be onb characters interacting and surviving together. I will probably describe the island although other characters are free to write what they see too.

KaiiVii

Bloody Rose

Sounds interesting, count me in for male if this ever gets off ^^

MusicNoteAngel

Okay thanks everyone I will probably write it all up today or tomorrow. Feel free to post character information here.please be sure to include a backstory.

AurelieCatena

Google maps might provide good maps and photographs of tropical islands.

As I said, I'll be happy to play a female character. Maybe a girl scout, eager to tackle such a challenge.

But there will need to be some bondage and violence for me to feel at home in this roleplay. Is there anybody interested to play a suitable dominant character?

MusicNoteAngel

I added the roles I think would be good for the story in the main post. If any intrigue you, please let me know which one and I'll let you know if it's open or not.

If you are accepted into a role please decide on a name, age (20-45ish), back story, and a bit about yourself.

KaiiVii

Man, I want to play Male 2 but as a female xD *ponders*

AlphaMale

The plot is intriguing, i would be interested in playing either male 1 or 2 if the roles are still open.
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0

MusicNoteAngel

As of right now all roles are still available. Take your time deciding.

KaiiVii

I'm going to go ahead and claim Female 3

Name Noel Keith

NicknamesElla, Noly(No-Lee)

Age 20

Gender Female

RankPaleoanthropology Studant

Skills Many primitive skills like flint napping, basket weaving and plant identification. No good at hunting.

Personality Noel has a great respect for nature and life. She is usually very quite and calm, some call her naive and overly sensitive because she is the type to cry if she sees roadkill. That's one reason why she became a vegetarian, that and a lot of meats don't agree with her stomach very well. She hates confrontation and will go out of her way to make others happy, even if she doesn't really like them. She cares about everyone about but her friends especially and would do anything to make their lives better if she could. Noel doesn't always think before she acts and is the type to rush into a burning building to try and find the family cat. She has a passion for history and paleolithic peoples and loves to learn the skills that they had to depend on. Noel was never one to be scared to get her hands dirty.

Appearance Noel is actually very tall for a woman at 6' and has great posture that takes advantage of that every inch. She wears glasses that are in rectangular frames. What she wears depends on what she is doing at the time. During Digs or camping trips cargo pants and tanktops are the norm. In school however she tends to dress in longer skirts or dresses in a fairly muted pallet of navy and olive greens. She thinks that it brings out the blue highlights in her thin black hair or her bright green eyes. Some think that it simply makes her freckles stand out even redder against tan skin. She doesn't often wear makeup except formal occasions, the same with jewelry.

History Born as a single child to a pair of loving parents Noel was a little sheltered. She never had any siblings or cousins to be rough on her and the children at school either walked over her or ignored her. She didn't mind though as she didn't have problems making friends with those who had the same interests as her, like searching for fossils in the gravel of the school playground. Little changed as she grew besides learning how to camp with her parents who were both experts in cave life and caves in general. That's where she got a love of exploring and scientific discovery. She always loved Paleolithic times and her parents are paying her way through collage. When she heard about the experiment she was excited about the idea although the amount of time was daunting. This was a chance to make her name known though, and put her skills to the test. Not long after she signed up her father was diagnosed with cancer and now she is also doing this for money for his treatment.

Family Mom-Theresa, Dad- Danial

Attracted To No idea. will figure that out. Consider Bi for now.

Possessions Machete, Water Proof Matches and a large ball of twine ( I think)

Likes Animals, people, laughter, star lit nights, summer

Dislikes Eating meat, mean people, silly people, fights, winter, snow, people not liking her, blood.

Other Cant stand the sight of blood. Makes her pass out.

Is this a good start?

MusicNoteAngel

KaiiVii

ceasar

Hey, I’ve been following along this thread for a while I think it shows potential.  I would be very interested in playing a male.  If you’ve made commitments to other people that’s fine, but I would like to stake a claim to Male #2, i hope he's suited for the role. 

If I might be so bold as to suggest a character following KaiiVii’s template:

Name: Flynn Collins
Nicknames: N/A
Skills: Basic Construction knowledge, Ingenuity, Good physical strength and agility (he’s a little better than ‘in shape’), musically inclined
Personality: Flynn was a philosophy student and it shows.  He’s an avid free-thinker.  He is always challenging convention ways of operating and living.  That’s one of the reasons he agreed to partake in the study.  He is not a hippy but a scholar of the world, he’s always thinking, always.  He has no real religious beliefs, that is what he believes isn’t really a religion.  He is a proponent for equality and the common good but he has long since accepted that they is almost impossible to achieve.  Flynn also has an affinity for music.  He usually won’t ask but will observe and go and try and figure it out himself.  Flynn isn’t much of a socialite.  He has a million and one ideas but doesn’t often burst into a group sharing, he will as I said observe and work alone, but do not mistake that for a lack of self confidence he has that in surplus..  He is a notorious lone wolf but appears comfortable in groups. Appears.  In this group he’ll probably be quiet.

Appearance:At 6’3 Flynn is a little taller than an average guy and he I solid, not a rippling man of muscle but he has sufficient tone to him as his 190 lbs contains little fat.  A somewhat shaggy mop of chestnut brown hair usually falls to just over his ears leading to his deep brown eyes and (rare but) genuine looking smile. 

Flynn usually wears casual clothing.  He wears a lot of long-sleeved t-shirts to go with his pants (denim or sweatpants).  Jeans and a sports jacket being about as formal as he gets, he doesn‘t really like putting a whole lot of effort into what he wears, part of his philosophy. 

Family Mom- Lillian Elliston  Dad- Edward Collins  Sister- Hayley Collins

History:
Flynn’s life was pretty normal.  He was raised a casual Christian, attending mass when he could with his mother, father and sister.  He had a prototypical lifestyle.  Everyday he and Hayley would go to school, his dad would go to work and his mom would stay at home.  Flynn never questioned his parents or his beliefs, until he enrolled at his father’s alma mater, Wake Forrest and took his introductory philosophy course.  It changed his whole perception of the world.  Soon he dropped his Kinesiology, Biology and Calculus and took Liberal Arts, Psychology, Philosophy and an assortment of pretty much every other course under the sun.  He hopped around from class to class trying to find himself, trying everything and experiencing everything he could.  His parents objected to him doing this but when they saw how happy he seemed they consented.  This process finally led Flynn to journalism which he liked, but philosophy and music were his passions.

During his second year studying journalism when his mother was shot and killed during a gas station hold-up.  The killers were never caught.  This seemed to push Flynn a little further he became more radical then before, challenging himself, his teachers the establishment.  One of the papers he wrote was so highly commended that it was considered for the Journal of Modern Psychology.   Flynn graduated University with a degree in psychology and journalism.  He since found a good job in New England writing for several Papers and Magazines, he lives there for 7 months a year and lives at home with his dad and sister (19, living at home, currently attending Wake Forrest on a full Gymnastics Scholarship) for the other 5.

He agreed to this study because it was so out of the ordinary he had to experience it, he wanted to try and expand his music, but more so he wanted to  see what he could learn, who he could become.

Attracted To: Women, but who knows what he’ll do
Possessions: I don’t really know.  A notepad and pen (who knows how long they‘ll last), a Swiss army knife and a guitar.
Likes: Trying new things, time to himself to think, cool breezes
Dislikes: People who aren’t self-aware, people lacking self-confidence 
Other: His family thinks he’s insane for doing this…
On's and Off's for those who want to look

KaiiVii

Oh, I like him ceaser.

I was thinking though: Isn't 10 years a bit of a long time for a RP? Or any contest for that matter

Featherfall

Going for Male #2

Name Alexander Cage

NicknamesAlex, Al, "Allie"

Age 24

Gender Male

Rank History Student

Skills Hunting, Tracking, Martial Arts (Judo, a little of jiujutsu)

Personality Alex is very reserved, almost to the point of being mistaken for shy. He'd much rather be off doing his own thing, though his own thing is mostly sitting and thinking. He will often watch people from a distance, choosing to observe rather than interact with them.

Appearance Alex is 6'2" with black hair and green eyes. His extremely physically fit, save that his right arm looks, not deformed, but 'weird'. He also has a few facial scars, though they look like they will heal in time.

History Alex was born as a single child to a college professor father and a career military mother. She died in a car crash during a military exercise when he was only three; he can barely remember her face. All he has are pictures and an Olympic Gold Medal from Judo. Probably due to the nature of his mother's death, his father tried to steer him towards a more academic life, but to no avail. Perhaps he wanted to be closer to his mother, or maybe he thought that it would make her proud; whatever, Alex set his heart and soul in both Judo and the Olympics. By the time he made it to college (barely, and with a bit of his father's influence) he had achieved his 4th dan in the art, one shy of his mother when she entered the Olympics.

Perhaps it was fate, perhaps just a cruel, cosmic irony. Tragedy would visit the Cage family again in the form of a car.

Alex didn't care that the other man was drunk, that it was his fault; all that mattered was that his arm was shattered, never to be 100% again, and certainly not ready in time for the Olympics.

Alex weighed his options, and they looked grim; too hurt, perhaps forever, to make a career in the art he dedicated his life too, and no useful degree to speak of. Perhaps it was a good thing this offer came when it did so he could find out what he wanted out of his life.

Family Mom-Julie (deceased), Father-Thomas

Attracted To Females

Possessions Blackbelt, Gold Medal, Bowie Knife

Likes Laughter, training, nature/people watching, praying

Dislikes Dishonesty, laziness, vegtables (eats them anyway)

Other Hates talking about himself, and will always try and change

KaiiVii

ceasar

I think his character is more exclusively like male #2, i think mine is a little more off script.
On's and Off's for those who want to look

KaiiVii

I think they are just two interpretations

Black Orchid

Is this still going on, because I would be interested in Female number four, if that is acceptable.

Also, if a character sheet could be listed, because I'd like to know everything that you'll want to find out about my character.
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

subrob99

I am new to the sight but this Role play seems really interesting. I would like to play the role of the very submissive male 3
Name: Donald Murphy
Nicknames: N/A
Skills: Fixing and working on computers

Appearance:At 5’6 140 pounds Thin but not muscular

Dresses: More of a t-shirt and jeans guy.

History:
Always keeps to himself even in school doesnt have many friends. Does like to play lots of video games.
Lives in a small apartment San Franciso.

Attracted To: Not sure never really never had a girlfriend
Possessions: A lighter, Carton of Cigarettes and a good pair of hiking boots.
Dislikes: Just tries to go with the flow.
Other: Can use the money

DiverseDesires

I'd be interested in playing female three, if it would be OK with you Angel, that in everyday life she is capable, loving and used to taking charge etc, but her sexual nature is the reverse - a submissive.  Would that fit into your idea?

Also, when they are put on the island are they left with any utensils, cooking things, tools, rope, twine, sewing things, weapons, fishing things etc? 
"The imagination is the spur of delights… all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" ~Marquis de Sade~

Imaginings  ~  Desirables  ~  Wilful Words  ~  Diary - A/A  Updated September 15th

AlphaMale

If male 1 is still open I would like to claim him...

Name: Aeron Reaper

Nickname: Ash

Personality: Rough around the edges, can be distant and cold at times with a calculating manner that is rarely broken. With a predator’s aura leaking from his every pore, Aeron will never be a submissive, resenting any who attempt to place him as such. The icy exterior is difficult to break, yet within lies morals and ethics as he attempts to please no one. Able to be gentle and tender yet the experience is foreign to him, Ash will dominate and lead if control is not taken swiftly. It is not his desire to be of rank, nor arrogance or self righteousness, merely assuming a role for himself, and discovering that others often follow. Independent and rather reserved at times, he can charm though he refrains. Intelligent, agile and powerful, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Appearance: Dark rich hair, often tousled and wild upon his head with a softness to it. Chocolate brown eyes with flickers of amber sparks rarely noticed. A very fine shadow across his strong jaw from a light stubble though it only adds to his masculinity and wildness, his broad body rippling with muscles from the times he would work out merely for the sake of never being made vulnerable. With a towering height and large frame of brute force, his features are strong and lack anything boyish, only fierce. Truly, he seems an animal in human form.

History: Orphaned from the age of three, he was shuffled around care homes and adoption centres, loathing all the hands he was put into, a resentment building within him as he suffered abuse from countless of his so called guardians. Escaping at a young age, he earned himself a career in mechanics and developed his lethal manner, vowing never to be placed in a position of vulnerability again. Within the orphanages he advanced his personality, becoming protective of the other children and often fighting for the weaker.

Attracted to: Women

Dislikes: Being dominated, seeing others in harm’s way, being defenceless, cruelty.
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0