Hunters (Still need a few players; nWoD)

Started by TheRaven, December 08, 2012, 08:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So, basically, I'm hoping for a straight-up Hunter game. Whether you're part of The Long Night or Malleus Maleficarum, doing the Lord's will and, to quote Smiling Jack, "Stakin' fer Jesus!" a member of Ashwood Abbey out to kill, fuck, and die for shits, giggles, and glory, or anyone in between, there's always something that needs hunted or documented (or both).

Hoping someone else can take over GM'ing this, considering that I'm not as familiar with the Storyteller mechanics as I am with others.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

The Jackal

Starlequin

I've got a few source books for The Vigil; if no one else wants the job, I'll take the ST position. About how many players are you looking for, Raven? And do you have a particular story in mind?

TheRaven

Looking for anywhere between 3-6 players, myself included, and I have no particular story in mind.
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

Starlequin

Alright then, I've got a couple story ideas we could run with. Either something with the Union, looking into a series of murders and finding more than they bargained for (even for the WoD), or some Ashwood Abbey members discovering something about the upper ranks of their local chapter that goes beyond even what the AA is used to. Or we could mix n match factions, if we get a couple more players. Suggestions are welcome, of course. A couple of female players (or characters, anyway) would be welcome, too.

Would there be any objection if this is partially freeform? We can use the system for chargen and story mechanics, but I think we could write any combat scenes freestyle without much trouble. Just to cut down on all the tedium of dice rolling.

TheRaven

I do rather like the idea of an Ashwood Abbey cell, but holding out for mix and match doesn't sound like a bad idea, and female players and/or characters are definitely a plus.

I don't object to it myself. It sounds like a decent way to do it, especially since I'm not as familiar with this particular system as I am with others.

Starlequin

Yeah, after a bit more thought I believe having multiple conspiracies represented would make for a more enjoyable game. I'm also thinkin about offering small bonuses for different factions to help keep things a little more balanced (but still not even, hehe).

The Jackal

Do we have to belong to a faction?  If so are we allowed to be part of a Conspiracy?

Starlequin

I'd like to say membership in a faction is optional, but in my experience every time a character starts out without any ties at all to the rest of the group, its harder to get them integrated during play. So how about this: if you want, you can start as a brand new member, like an intern with Project VALKYRIE or an apprentice with AKD, or even a neighborhood guy who stumbles onto a Union hunt or something similar. I'm thinkin mostly 1st or 2nd tier for this game, so low to moderate stats should be about right. Major conspiracies might get a mention, but much of this will revolve around the more local compacts.

Starlequin

Okay, I think alls we need is 1-2 more confirmed players, and then I'll put an intro together. Any suggestions for story elements (or which board we want this to go in) are still welcome...

TheRaven

All compacts/independents/what-have-yous send (a) member(s) or themselves to go scout out a supernatural creature. They meet while doing so.

Just a thought to get us started.  ;D As for which board we should go to, I think that would depend largely on if anyone's planning on having sex with a werewolf while it's shifted, which I think falls squarely into the camp of Ashwood Abbey. The Ashwood character I'm planning has a fixation on vampires in particular, so I think we'd be safe in the NC boards, unless anyone else is planning a member of Ashwood Abbey.

Starlequin

*nods* NC-Exotic it is, then.

As soon as a couple more players sign on.

...Aaanytime, now. *whistling patiently*