A Captain and His Dragon [Blythe and Oniya, OOC]

Started by Blythe, July 19, 2013, 02:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

It's kind of cyberpunk meets urban fantasy.  It's not uncommon to see a troll as a bouncer at a club, or an elf with an implant that lets him experience the internet from the inside.  Corporations are the new 'states/countries', and there's a thriving underground/black market.

(If it doesn't strike your fancy, I'm willing to keep bouncing ideas around.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blythe

Okay, got to read some about Shadowrun--one of my tabletop RPG friends has played it, and he described it, which I thought sounded cool. ^^ I'm more than willing to have a Shadowrun-esque setting be the next place Tesla and Gwyn go. I was thinking, though, that it'd be kind of cool to have the two have a systemless/diceless adventure in the actual Shadowrun setting itself, too, if that's something you'd find cool.  :-)

Oniya

I could do that - I've actually read more of the sourcebooks than I've played (I'm such a geek ^^>)  The idea of the world is fascinating.  I'd have to re-read in order to recall specific critters and settings, but that's not a problem at all (we unpacked the gaming books first - priorities, you know.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Blythe

I have a friend who'd be willing to lend me a corebook at least, although he told me I need to be specific about which edition. Might take me a few days, but I'm sure that I can find some things in there I'd quite like. And it let's us diversify out the cast of characters in this RP a little bit, which will be quite nice. Maybe we can even show Tesla recruiting new crew members on each world (even though he's trying to find somewhere to settle, he won't get away from being an airship pirate!), so we might get to make a Shadowrun character to add to the crew. ^^

Oniya

My books are a probably an older edition.  I'll check the library later today.

Blythe

Woo! Got the IC set up for whenever we're ready to change settings. ^^

Blythe

Er, any idea on what edition of Shadowrun so I can borrow a copy of a gamer friend in a few days, or is there an online wiki or something I could look at to get setting ideas for it? I'm more than stumped about how to write a reply right now.  :-[

Oniya

Sorry about that.  The library is less organized than I remember.  *glares at packing boxes*  The source books that I've unburied are all supplemental, and don't have a specific edition tacked on, but they were published in 1990.  I was able to track down a wiki that will be a good source for flavor and names and such, so that will be a help for both of us.

Blythe

Ah, yay, wiki link! Thank you. <3 I'll take a few days to read over it, and I'll get a good post up! ^^

Oniya

Blythe

That was the area I could find the most description of. ^^ But yes, Seattle.

Oniya

It was the rain.  ^v^  One of the actual hardcopy sourcebooks I have is Paranormal Animals of North America, so I'm going to check for things that are likely encounters.

Blythe

Cool--I'm working on an NPC since you mentioned working on an encounter--I've hinted at her in my last post, and I'll flip through the wiki and see if I can just borrow a core rulebook off of my cousin, no matter the edition, just to get an idea of character-types, and I can flesh out the NPC.  ;D

Oniya

Let me know what class you're thinking of, because I'm also thinking of bringing in someone at least a little more 'verbal'. *laughs*  Perhaps Tesla might end up with a bit of a skeleton crew, at least for a bit.