Mobsters of Port Temperance Role Descriptions

Started by Avi, June 27, 2009, 12:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

Mafia Role Descriptions

The Mobster:  You’re in the know.  A Made Man, a member of La Cosa Nostra.  You and your compatriots are determined to move in on Port Temperance and push all those pesky citizens out.  Teaming up with the other mobsters, your job is to eliminate all the citizens before they suss you out and send you to the electric chair.

The Citizen:  You, my friend, are ordinary.  A run-of-the-mill member of the population of Port Temperance.  Your job is to survive, figure out who among you is a member of the Mafia and send them all to the Chair before they whack every last one of you.  Show no mercy, because you will receive none in return from those violent criminals.

Special Roles

The Mayor:  Elected on the first day by a simple majority, your job is to be a moderator of sorts.  You oversee the voting each day, and, if necessary, you cast the tiebreaking vote to decide who among you will be sent to the Chair.  (Note:  This role is not limited to citizens, you CAN, and sometimes will, elect a mobster to be Mayor.)

The P.I.
:  You are a private detective, able to move about among the population and learn their secrets.  Hired by the F.B.I., your job is to find out who is a mobster and who is not and, if possible, to pass that information along in such a way as to swing the vote the proper way.  Once each night, you are able to perform surveillance on a resident of Port Temperance, allowing you to see what their true role is.

The Vigilante:  You don’t believe in the justice system.  You would rather take matters into your own hands if you really suspect someone of being a mobster.  Armed with a sniper rifle and an itchy trigger finger, once per game, you may take out another player on your own.  If you’re lucky, you’ll get a mobster.  If not… well, you just helped them.  Congratulations, wise guy.

The Doctor:  You went to medical school, and have gotten yourself a nice gig working as the town doctor.  As the mobsters moved in, you realize that you might have to save a life before this is all over.  Once per game, you can choose to save the life of one person doomed to die.  You will not know, however, whether you saved a citizen, or helped protect a mobster.

The Bodyguard:  You’re a tough guy, strong, capable, and quite eager to show your skills.  Your job is to protect the other people around you.  Once each night, you can pick another player to keep them from being killed that night.  By who is dead the next morning, only you will know whether your efforts were warranted, or in vain.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...