'Sangre Negro' Zombie Apocalypse game.(LGBT Friendly) Still Recruiting.

Started by DarkAngel111, April 09, 2015, 01:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel111

Sangre Negro (Black Blood)
A post Apocalyptic Story.

Welcome to one and all. If you are here you must know that this is a Zombie Apocalypse game however our zombies will not all be slow shambling corpses which means players and their characters will have to be aware and alert at all times. The game will not be based on any systems and will remain free form with a lot of GM led side quests and distractions. The only thing based on numbers will be the level of skill your Characters have which I will explain in detail later in this post.

The Scenario
The virus was reportedly an experiment being carried out in the arctic lab. From samples found over a 1000 meters under the ice. It was meant to be a cure all for all the diseases there were. Scientists had named the two strains Nordak A and Nordak B. However after many successful trials on animals when the cure was tested on human subjects the Alien organisms altered the human DNA making them aggressive. Patient zero was killed on the side by security and the virus was kept in a storage unit. This was Nordak A. The decision to work on the different strain came afterwards. However the work was slow and more cautious than before. The scientists figured out that the cold weather of around -60 c Slowed the virus down to a stand still. This however was only possible when in conditions of arctic. So they worked safely with the virus without any incidents.

2 years after the experiments begin a sample of Nordak A was stolen (the deadlier of the two). The idea was to sell it in the black market for a biological warfare however. When the virus was exposed to the humid conditions in the coastal area it spread like wildfire. It was discovered then what the virus was truly capable of. Within a few days the  countries were trying to cut routes in and out of Puerto Rico in an effort to contain the disease however things were much harder than that. Within 6 months the disease was global.

It has been over a year since the disease went Global. The infrastructure is lost. Those countries that still have any semblance of order left are dealing with their own problems and have cut off ties to the outside world. The world has become a very different place now.

The Infected

1.) The virus spreads through contact, although not simply by touching a corpse. The main career is the black blood that's always oozing out of the infected. The black blood is highly dangerous and if it enters your mouth eyes or any open woulds its most likely that you will turn into one of the infected.
2.) The Virus was referred as 'Sangre Negro' which is Spanish for Black blood. The name was given by the News Channels. However the official name for the virus is Nordak A. However the official name is something that no one knows about. Most people have assumed that this was a random occurrence.
3.) When you die, you do not turn. Unless you were infected and roped your self.
4.) There are two very distinct kinds of infected. Those who have been infected in the last 24 hours are aggressive and fast. They can run as fast as any human without tiring. However to kill them you do not need a head shot a couple of fatal shots to the chest would do the trick. The other kind are slow and shambling. Those who were turned over 24 hours ago. They are brainless and pretty much dumb. However to kill these you need a head shot. There are official names for the two kinds however they are a mystery to the general populace. Those who have turned less than 24 hours ago are also intelligent, they know how to climb fences or break down doors/glasses. However they are not as aware as a human is of their surroundings which can be used against them. Think of them as pack hunters. Nothing more.
5.) It takes up to 24 hours for one to turn. Whether it be bite, a blood infusion directly (through the mouth/eyes) or through a wound. The common symptoms are headaches, nausea, Hallucinations, red marks on the side of your face.
6.) The cure is being worked on somewhere in the arctic. When or if it even arrives is a question no one can answer. Most people have no idea that there is even a cure being worked on.
7.) They are drawn to noise. And Sight. Not to smell. Firing a gun in a hot zone is a death sentence, as the aggressive ones will hunt you down in a matter of seconds. In most cases guns are not even an option. As the faster infected are able to tear down doors especially if they are in a group.

Game Rules:Non-Negotiable.

- Follow all Elliquiy Rules.
- Characters cannot be Perfect little people who never do any harm. Make it realistic with weaknesses and shady grey types. They are fun!
- God-Modding is impolite and not allowed in this game.
- All characters should be originals and should be made according to the details provided in the Sheet template.
- Real life is important and this only a hobby. Everyone knows that. However Discuss before hand with your partners what your posting frequency is. For the game in general the Minimum period is a week. If for any reason you cannot keep up and want your character to be faded away. Tie up loose ends in a post and let us know, we will keep your character in a secret zombie proof bunker till you return. If however we do not hear from you for two weeks or more. We may stash him/her in a closet and padlock it...
- If there is a problem please use PMs to resolve them instead of OOC thread. If any of the party feels like it they should include the GM in the PMs. Hopefully we can be adults and resolve the problems our selves, if not GM's word will be final.

About the Game.

The game will be focused on survival more than anything else. Unlike most apocalypse games with zombies, there cannot be a party inside the camp and staying in the woods in a open camp lined with tin cans as a alarm system is not an option either the infected can and will run over any camp of humans which is not within walls. The game will start outside a major city, in a smaller connected town. Even a year after things started the City is not fully in silence. Gunshots can be heard and explosives are heard as well, therefore most of the infected have left the smaller towns.

The game will be starting in a small town. Players maybe in groups or they may be by themselves. The town is quite small so think if a few people were to come out to scavenge, they would surely run across each other, what we do with those interactions is up to us. There are still enough dead in the town but not as many as there are in the city. The bad part is, the town has been picked clean. Survivors have to scavenge further and further away to get supplies.

DarkAngel111

Sheet Template
Rules

- All Images must be real. Anime/cartoons/drawings/sketches are not allowed simply for the sake of consistency.
- Each player may have up to two characters to start with.
- Sex of the player or Character does not matter. This game is open for all genders/sexual orientations/Ethnicity.
- Characters Minimum age should be within E rules!
- Make your characters as to what you like, If it means we end up with two people who are good at the same thing? Well a little rivalry makes things interesting.
- Connections between characters are allowed and encouraged. After all there is nothing quite like surviving the pandemic with your best mate by your side.
- Characters are at the end of it all subject to approval. In games like these things get lopsided quite easily. The best way to fight any situation is with a bunch of people who are clueless to their situation. Makes the experience more....realistic.
- Antagonist characters may be made. However GM led events may result in their demise or worse. Karma is a b!#*%. Same goes for decisions made by other characters, your decisions will change how things work.

[float=left][img height=350 padding=5]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Former Occupation:[/b]
[b]Physical Features:[/b]  Height, Weight, Hair Color, Eye Color, distinguishing features, be as descriptive as you like.
[b]Stats:[/b]
Intelligence: Will determine how quickly they think/plan on their feet.
Speed:  How quick your character is when moving.
Agility:  How well your character can duck, dodge, and climb over, around, and under obstacles and Zombies.
Stamina:  How much your character can carry while still keeping at a decent pace of movement before getting tired.
Shooting:  The higher the stat, the better your character can shoot at longer distances.
Strength:  This determines how much your character can lift, pull, push, and throw objects. (needed for Bows and Crossbows)
Dexterity:  This stat determines how well your character can handle smaller, delicate objects.
Sneaking:  This determines how quietly your character can move;  Is affected by what the character is handling, carrying, or wearing.

[b]Personality:[/b]  Just a few lines are all that's needed.
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] 
[b]Background:[/b] 
[b]Starting Gear:[/b] 
[b]Character Ons/Offs:[/b]  Can combine with Player Ons/Offs if you want.

Stats: These will in now way be used for any kind of system, they are essentially to gauge how good your character is at a particular skill. However, there are a few details that you need to know. There are a maximum of 50 points available. Each stat can get 10 points max 10 points means the skill is world class. Only one skill may be assigned a level of 10, 9, or 8. If you assign 10 points to any of the skill set you need to have a good explanation of how they got so good at the said skill.

Stat of 1 is considered to be below average. Almost non-existent, all stats must be at a minimum of two. Otherwise they would not have survived the situation they are in. So lets just be reasonable.

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

hopefully a slightly different take on the virus may bring more interest than in the past! :)

If anyone has any questions about the game poke me in PM or here.

Amarlo

Hm... Instead of having two characters may I have one and a small handful of npcs? One would likely be a soon to die elderly man, and two younglings?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

Depends on your characters, the age of the younger characters would also be a factor. :)

Amarlo

I was thinking the young ones would be 5 and 9... npcs and not at all meant for any sexual scenes. The 5 year old being my character's newly orphaned nephew and the 9 years old being a neighbor girl of the nephew - also newly orphaned.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

I think for the sake of comfort of all players we can keep those ages out.
Characters that young may make some people uncomfortable. 

Work on your main character. As more people join we can have a vote on the matter if people are comfortable with it or not. If they are allowed they would barely be in the picture mind you, and it would be quite hard to manage such young NPC characters.

Amarlo

That was part of the fun, but alright. Understandable.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Juggtacular

I think my character may be similar to what I've had in past post-apoc games, but this time he's gonna have this constant need to gripe about the fact that even if it's only for a short while, how fucking unfair it is that the bastards can run and shit. Like life isn't bad enough, now we have to deal with super zombies.

DarkAngel111

I trust in your ability to keep things fair Jugg :P
as for runners, Technically they are not zombies yet, they are still human, just a bit too contagious.

Juggtacular

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on April 09, 2015, 09:19:04 AM
I trust in your ability to keep things fair Jugg :P
as for runners, Technically they are not zombies yet, they are still human, just a bit too contagious.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and like always if he comes off as too much I'll happily edit him down.

As for the runners, I get what you mean. He just likes complaining in a somewhat joking manner because it makes things easier on him. If he can joke about it, he can almost ignore the heart stopping fear that shoots through his body every time he sees one. Because as pack hunters, one can easily turn into two, into four, and so on. Also it's a bit of a confidence boost to know you took out this monster that can run for hours with no rest and hunt you down like a dog if he gets track of you.

DarkAngel111

Haha well the good thing about the runners is that they can be taken out with shots to the body.

But them being pack hunters they flank their opponents. So everyone has to be on the alert.

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

GnothiSeauton

*plants my interested flag*

I'll see what I can come up with in terms of a character.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

DarkAngel111

If someone has played dying light... then you can probably see first hand what the runners would be like ;)

DarkAngel111

Character Name:Jeremiah Clarke

Player Name:Darkangel111

Sex:Male

Orientation:Heterosexual

Former Occupation:Field doctor at CDC.

Physical Features:  at 6'1 Jeremiah is tall and quite well built for a CDC doctor, which can be chalked down to his lineage, at 175lbs he was lean and muscular, however his job didn't allow him to grow to the hulk sizes of his brothers. The only distinctive mark on him is a scar around the back from a accidental cut he got on one of the many field trips he takes for work.

Stats:
Intelligence: 9
Speed:  5
Agility: 5
Stamina:  5
Shooting:  7
Strength:  7
Dexterity:  7
Sneaking:  5

Personality:  He has a very strong work ethic and has always been more helpful. It was what drove him to his profession he helps anyone he can.

Strengths:
-Has been in many tricky situations and knows how to avoid them.
-He is a Field Doctor.
-Has knowledge of diseases and Precautions to take as well as identifying symptoms.
-Decent Shot.
-Knows his medicine, and emergency procedures.

Weaknesses:
-Years in the academic field he no longer has the stamina he once had.
-He is not the quietest. As he is not use to of tip toeing.
-Not the strongest He keeps fit but isn't exactly a world class athlete.
-He is not the quickest although he is quick with his hands he isn't that good at dodging objects or bullets.
-Has a hard time adjusting to a world without infrastructure, as most of his work relied on gadgets.

Background:  Jeremiah Clarke or Clarke, as he preferred to be called was born and raised in Texas, while not exactly a die hard redneck he still had his some similar habits and tastes as his family who were trigger happy ranchers. Living further away from the city as possible. They didn't believe in education or anything else for that matter. Clarke was one to break the mold and went to college on his own. He was gifted and worked to his medical degree and then a PhD. However there were somethings that he carried with him even though he didn't follow the family traditions. He believed firmly in being armed. And he was a little trigger happy himself.

It wasn't long before he joined doctors without borders and soon found himself getting a offer from CDCs field office as he had done research on various diseases world wide. He accepted readily. However his work didn't exactly allow him any gun time which made him a bit rusty when it came to accuracy. However he has full knowledge of common weapons he used back home and the glock 17 he owns. He carries the gun whenever on field assignments without the knowledge of his team mostly because he feels vulnerable without his gun. In his own mind he always explained it as protection for them as well as himself.

When the Outbreak happened Jeremiah was in the city center working on collecting samples from the infected at various stages to send them back to the lab. One moment it seemed like just another disease that made people a little aggressive the other moment he saw people trying to rip their families' throats out. The military at the spot tried to contain the situation however their orders were not to shoot and so they tried riot gear and tear gas which did not effect the infected at all. Jeremiah Escaped with a few of his team mates. And soon realized that they were no longer safe in a city with a population that big.

Starting Gear:
A Medical Kit (Some items lost)
Scalpel (4 sizes)
Surgical gloves (a box full)
tubes, tapes, gauze, alcohol swaps/patches.
Benzodiazepine (10 doses worth)
Glock 19
25 rounds spare.
Flash light
Couple of bottles of water (2 liter total)
Police baton.

Character Ons/Offs:  Same as player.

This one is still a work in progress. I But will give you a general idea of what characters would look like.

Amarlo

When I finish this baby do I post her or send her to you, Dark? :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amarlo

Character Name: Emelina Maria Consuela Hernandez
Player Name: Amarlo
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual
Former Occupation: Jailbird Juve Baby, construction and prison chef.
Physical Features: 
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 120 (Somewhat malnourished)
Hair Color: Onyx
Eye Color: Green
Distinguishing Features: Eme has what looks like burn scarring along the right side of her face, shoulder and the palms of her hands.
Two simple black stars tattoos, one to each inner wrist.
A Poem written along her spine between her shoulder blades.

The Poem
"Four Gods wait on the windowsill
Where once eight Gods did war and will
And if the Gods themselves may die
What does that say for you and I?

Now, three Gods wait on the windowsill
Where one God's blood was lately spilled
While black tongues lap at the spreading pool
And build the strength they need to rule

When two Gods wait on the windowsill
The wick of the world is burning, still
But when one God in triumph shouts
The candle of the world goes out

And when that candle, bare and white
Sheds at last its dancing light
Then we will rouse, with raiséd rod
To pierce the very house of God"
--The Quartet for the Dusk of Man

Art by myself and Andrew Doma, please don’t use or redistribute.
Aditional Image

Stats:
Intelligence: 6
Speed:  7
Agility:  7
Stamina:  5
Shooting:  5
Strength:  5
Dexterity:  7
Sneaking:  8

Personality:  Varies depending on the person.. She usually comes off as brash, angry and merciless when in reality she’s brash, angry and terrified.

Strengths: 
- Street smart/wise
-  Smuggler wise/Drug smart
- Can turn swill into a delicacy (Food preparation)
- Construction smart
- Has the unique ability to pull rabbits out of her ass (Jail time calls for improvising!)
- Damn good gymnast
- Dresses specifically to appear male

Weaknesses: 
- Socially unstable/awkward
- Untrusting and defensive
- Pack mentality (Brutality keeps people from fucking with you or your shit)
- PTSD
- Struggles with depression and self-motivation
- Technically isn’t legally allowed to own firearms…

Background: 
Maybe you heard it before, perhaps on the news amongst all the other henious tragedies fed out by the media or maybe one of your friends brought it up? However it reached your ears to be filed away in your mind with the rest of those tedious facts that would do you no good in life didn't matter, but you had heard about it. It happened oh... about 13-15 years ago. You know, the old cliche? Problem child, frequent runnaway teenaged daughter doesn't like the rules required to live under her parents roof. Problem child runs away and is brought back by the cops several times. There are even rumors that this problem child had gotten in with the wrong crowd - talks of drug rings and underaged prostitution are being thrown all over the place. That's not the kicker, though. Just little things to show just how truly mentally unsound this youth was before she finally snapped and brutally murdered both her mother and father. It was all over the news after all, right? Sure, for about 3 months before it seemed to just disappear beneath the next life-time drama brought to reality. No one cared much about the story after justice was seemingly served with the girl pleading guilty and taking a 15 year sentence in a bargain.

Fast forward about 13 years later, finally this girl is released on good behavior - no longer a child at all but a full grown woman raised amongst the penal system. She struggles from job to job, struggles with the 'normal' human social order and eventually ends up living with her little sister and infant nephew - who's 'baby daddy' decided raising a kid and paying for the kid was to hard. Ms. Hernandez's sister seems remarkably forgiving of the one that killed their parents, she even has no problem letting said aunt baby sit the adorable little guy. That was until one of those pesky neighbors remembered this black marked woman for the monster she'd been and worried for what she'd become. DCF was called in and to avoid the obvious drama with little actual aid, 'Aunt Squishy' was forced to move out and minimize her time alone with little Jan Hernandez. It was the more palatable of options in the end.

A year or so later all hell breaks loose - people are dying left and right while others are hunting you down and trying to eat you like some vore-lover's wet dream! Maybe that neighbor was right, maybe DCF knew what they were doing all along because low and behold, from the ashes of humanity rises a disheveled pair - Aunt Emelina and little Jan 'Solo', alone and with none else of what little family they had to be seen or heard from.

------------------------------------------------------------

Starting Gear: 

Back pack – A can of peaches..., couple of plastic jars of peanutbutter mixed with sawdust. Glass jars wrapped in plastic cushioning containing pickling meat(don’t ask what kind) or bugs, glycerin, bleach and ammonia poppers. One can opener, one P-38, a screwdriver, a ball-pein hammer, wire roll, a couple of wads of cut and cleaned cloths, small sewing kit she is terrible at using, a box of nails/screws and bolts, scissors, gut-hook onion skinner.

Condor Parang machete holstered along her spinalcord for added protection.
Tomahawk strapped to her hip.
A switchblade in her boot and one hooked to the inside of her pants at her back.
Silenced Walther P22 with three bullets left in the magazine.
Two empty .22 LR mags

Clothing
+some kind of face obscuring mask.

Character Ons/Offs:  In my signature! 

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

DarkAngel111

We need at least 6 characters to start off so We are still accepting new players :)

Twisted iN Tux

I have two characters I'll be sending you either later today or tomorrow.

Twisted iN Tux

Btw, I took a break from character creation and made
these

for the group. Use 'em or don't. It's all good to me! I felt inspired. :D

Amarlo

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on April 12, 2015, 03:05:31 PM
Btw, I took a break from character creation and made
these

for the group. Use 'em or don't. It's all good to me! I felt inspired. :D

Oh wow! Super cool O:

Amarlo's O&Os