Calidar: "Dreams of Aerie"

Started by Bruce Heard, May 22, 2017, 07:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Heard

Calidar: Dreams of Aerie

Hi All. My third book's crowd funding is coming up mid June. I've made my preview page available to the public. If you have suggestions or questions, please do bring them up. Thanks!  I'm not allowed to post links here (yet?), so I'll write the address in long hand format, sorry:  <snip>

A few more words: Centered on a flying circus, this mega-adventure and mini-setting can also be run in any game world, with RPG rules of your choice.

Adventure: This RPG adventure also is a self-contained mini-setting. Because the action takes place on a flying circus, Dreams of Aerie is easy to adapt to any game world. Drawing on Barnum & Bailey and Cirque du Freak, this book's main plot elements involve a murder mystery, the rivalries of circus guilds, urban adventuring, and monster-hunting. Countless hooks allow side trips and alternate storylines, as each of the 90+ circus folk hide shadowy pasts and secret motivations. The heroes must contend with secret societies vying for hegemony among circus folk. If left to its own devices, a monstrous presence hidden aboard heralds catastrophic world events.

Sourcebook: This book's setting includes the circus itself, standing amid side shows and carnie shacks, themselves surrounded by a ring of permanent shops and dwellings called aeries, perched at the edge of the clouds. Two more decks lie below with all that the Greatest Show on Calidar needs to function, as well as its dark secrets. Although written for the World of Calidar, this setting is nearly self-contained until the referee starts unfolding the hidden stories of circus folk, and connects them with the chosen game's universe.

<snip>

Elliquiy Site Staff Edit: Hi there! This seems indistinguishable from spam at the moment. Generally we allow full members to request permission to advertise here. At the moment, your thread is locked, and please refrain from further advertising unless you receive full membership and get your advert vetted/approved by the Site Staff. We also don't allow outside contact information in our public boards.

Bruce Heard

Last call!

I'll be submitting the Kickstarter campaign for final approval within the next day or two. This is your last chance to peruse the preview page and jump in with comments.

<snip>

Bruce Heard

Greetings!

I wanted to alert you of my third book coming up: Calidar “Dreams of Aerie.” I need to finance cover and internal art, and for this I'm launching a Kickstarter event on June 14th. Text and maps have already been completed.  Poster maps and game-mastering aids will also be elements of the event.  As always, Calidar does not rely on specific game mechanics.  The adventure can be run with most tabletop RPG games.  Due to the nature of the setting, “Dreams of Aerie” can easily be transplanted into a world other than Calidar if you prefer.

<snip>

Thank you for your kindness and support!

Bruce Heard