Hero RP needs additional Members (1 Male, 1 Female)

Started by OHWceta, September 18, 2013, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

Unfortunately we had some issue with the original members and I need to recruit additional heroes. Villains are also welcome but be warned, they will die by the end of the story. Typical post length is 2-3 paragraphs, and I need people who can post approximately 2 to 3 times a week.

My RP is called "A World Without Heroes". The plot is in the real world where superheroes don't exist, a group of vigilantes decide to don masks and take down the vast crime syndicate that runs New Kephler City. I intend for the RP to be very dark, with influences from The Watchmen, Kickass, and All Superheroes must Die.

The RP has started but has only gone for about 1 post so new members aren't missing out on anything. All bios are on the first page of the OOC Thread. You'll post your own bios here for approval.
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183757.0
RP: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183771.0
The original Interest Check: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=183266.0  (If you want to see some of the early discussions the original members had)

Character Bio Template----
Birth Name:
Alias: (Hero or Villain name)
Appearance: (Description, if you have an image reference, put it at the top of the bio)
Sexual Orientation:
Side: (Hero or Villain)
Skills and Talents:
Brief History: (Include why they want to become a hero as well as important life events for your character.)

BTW, this is a useful tool for creating a hero persona, not required but I figured it'd help.
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

RainyHigh

You had me at the mention of Kick Ass. I'd be so glad to create a character and join!
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

OHWceta

Great! I look forward to seeing your character bio.

just post it here and I''ll add it the the Roster if it's approved.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

RainyHigh

Birth Name:
Bridget Peters

Alias:
Ditto

Appearance:
Civilian wise, Bridget looks like a college student. She wears jeans and tees, boots and glasses. As her alias, Ditto, Bridget wears a black leather jacket and pants. She wears a black and purple wig as her alias and often is seen with various weapons strapped to her body. Bridget has hazel eyes, light olive skin and short brown hair. She stands at 5' 5" and weighs 140 pounds.

Sexual Orientation:
Straight

Side:
Hero

Skills and Talents:
Bridget is skilled in various types of combat. She learned them from her elder half-brother brother a professional MMA fighter since she was 10 years old. Among the types of styles she knows are...

• Jujitsu
  • (Kick) Boxing
  • Bartitsu
She is currently learning...

• Karate
  • Tae Kwon Do
  • Kung Fu
Brief History:
Bridget was born in Toronto, Canada and raised in New York City. Her father raised her with her younger brother Bart and elder half-brother Barry. Barry is older than Bridget is by 20 years and Bart is two years younger than Bridget is. Bridget's father Brian has been widowed twice. His first wife (mother of Barry) died of cancer and his second wife (mother of Bridget and Bart) whom he married 20 years later died of a stabbing by a street thug when Bridget was 7-years-old. Bridget's father being involved in selling drugs and weapons illegally decided to let Barry train Bridget and Bart in fighting styles several years later after Bart was mugged by some of Brian's ex-clients.

Bridget was a clumsy child so it was not until she was 16 that she finally began to show good purchase with her fighting abilities. When Bridget was 18, her younger brother Bart was murdered in the streets by her father's rival in drugs and weapons. All the witnesses, jury, and judges were threatened and or bribed and the killer was let back into the public weeks later.

It was then that Bridget separated from her family and decided to fight for good. She first started with shutting down her father's own business. She felt it would be a good idea because if he were not a drug and weapons dealer her mother or brother would not have died.

She still keeps in contact with Barry who has his own family now in Iowa. Her father Brian is in hiding now after being forced to retire. Bridget continues to stop crime while working as a barista at a coffee shop in the daytime.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Ixy

This does sounds like an awesome game.  As Rainy's already posted a female character, would you have any objection to me RPing as a male?  If yes, then I would be interested if you have another opening for a female character.  The concept could go either way, in this case.

I have a character in this vein that I never got to play out.  He or she would be *good* in that they fight crime, want to protect the innocent, etc. but they're amoral in an 'ends justify the means', self-destructive extreme-- including using illicit drugs to manage pain, increase physical performance, etc.  They're basically running on nitrous, burning out and taking out as much evil as they can on the way.

Of course, this character's judgment of 'evil' is pretty broad-- they might find a predatory loan executive to deserve being 'taken out' rather than a drug dealer, for instance.  It's the damage done that determines the punishment-- a slumlord might get his back broken with a hammer and chisel, whereas a cartel enforcer who killed a family would be subjected to some true Inquisition shit.

If this is feasible, please let me know how you feel about the concept, gender, etc. and I'll write up an application.  I think with this concept, I could handle some more extreme events.  For instance, NC is probably not going to phase me as it would in other scenarios, whether my PC would be the perpetrator or the victim.  If it fits the story, I'd be down for some seriously grim shit.

Thanks in advance for your response

OHWceta

I only need a minimum of that to work. whatever gender you feel most comfortable playing as. I had aale interest PM me though I'm not sure the status of his bio.

Actually, those are the character types I'm looking for. To add variety to the team there will be a range of goody-goody public service types, to bloody killers who flat out massacre gangs, and as long as they're helping the city, their personal habits are whatever they feel. It's all about having a variety of charactrrs.

Basically there's so much grey area between heroes and villaind that heroes are basically anyone who joins the hero team to better the city and the villains are on Hanzo's payroll trying to take them out.

Ixy

Images

Birth Name: Luna Freamon

Alias: Chevelle

Appearance: She has a lean and powerful frame, her arms, legs, and core toned and defined.  Far from brutish, she's very attractive, if unconventionally and clearly "low fashion".  She frequently wears obvious makeup to accentuate her striking green eyes and full lips, some of the features that hint at her mixture of ethnicity.  She is tatooed over much of her body, sometimes to cover scars, and dyes her hair cheaply and often.  She dresses in a reinforced hoodie and pants, with steel-shod boots-- if things get hot, she adds motorcycle goggles and a respirator. She carries herself with the casual aggression of one who's lived a paranoid life in hostile territory-- rival neighborhoods, unpatrolled streets, and hostile prison yards.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Side: Hero

Skills and Talents: She has never been officially trained in much of anything... everything she knows about stealth, investigation, and combat she has learned from mentors-- brothers, friends, rivals, cellmates-- and by trial and error in the streets.  She is a hell of a fighter, but not in a specific art-- she knows maneuvers that combine akido and jujitsu, but always can be classified as 'dirty'.  She never fights to 'win', she fights to kill or maim... she rips ears off, breaks collarbones, stomps footbones, 'doorknobs', wrenches necks, attacks knees and groins.  If she can, she'll use vomit-inducing gas in compressed canisters, brass knuckles, powdered glass... anything to get an edge that she can carry without getting an automatic parole violation.  This isn't to say that she can't use a gun-- she has the basics, but she doesn't carry them regularly, and if she had one she would use it immediately and destroy it.  She's exceptional at 'setting up' an ambush... using the terrain, improvised booby-traps, and the advantage of surprise.  Unfortunately, she lacks the ability to do thorough investigation beyond her street contacts, to drive a vehicle (the nickname is.. another story), or to use sophisticated weapons or group tactics.

Brief History: Luna was raised in a gang neighborhood, but managed to stay out of trouble until her late teens when she received her first criminal charge-- her little sister had become involved in organized crime and was arrested with drugs and a highly illegal weapon, and Luna took the charge to try to keep sister from going to a federal penitentiary notorious for violent confrontations and murders.  While she was serving the seven-year sentence, her sister and mother were killed by a rival gang.  Once a track-and-field athlete with hopes of being the first in her family to attend college, she emerged from prison hardened and bent on revenge.

OHWceta

Approved to both of you guys. I'll add you both to the roster ASAP.

The first post on this thread has links to the OOC and RP threads if you'd like to join in the discussions.

BTW, just for fun (not required at all)
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/

This is a great place to make a hero image if anyone is interested.

Baalborn87

I'm interested in this. As well as most of your others.

-----Character Bio Template----

Birth Name: Stephen Parks 'Sparky/Sparks'

Alias: Knight Owl

Appearance: Civilian: Often Seen hanging around wearing hoodies and loose fitted jeans Hero: Dark hooded outfit with carapace like body armour and easily accesed knives
Sexual Orientation: Hetero

Side: Hero

Skills and Talents: Parcour, Agility, Knife skills

Brief History: (Will update this....writers block)