News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Kidnapped and Lost

Started by Lady Jenn, September 26, 2011, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

It is the distant future. The human race has expanded to control most of the Milky Way but has yet to expand beyond the borders of the galaxy. They live in relative peace, but how long can this peace last?

People and ships are disappearing from all across the human empire, no explanation presenting itself to even the most skilled scientists. An unknown force is striking at the heart of the empire but how...and why?

You are one of a group of people who find themselves on board a strange ship, abducted from their own craft or even their own homes. You must figure out where you are, how you got there, and what is behind your abduction before it is too late.

Rules:
Beyond the fact your character must be human you can make whatever origin story you want, whether its a soldier, a cook, an engineer or just some random person plucked from their kitchen. It could be anything from a battle hardened soldier plucked from a battlefield to a doctor plucked from an operating theatre, the thing kidnapping these people isn't picky. Also be aware, since they don't know what's happened, they might not necessarily immediately trust my character.
No superpowers/paranormal abilities allowed, these are meant to be relatively normal people.
No powermodding.
No godmodding.
I'll make an OOC thread so that the bare minimum of OOC occurs within the main story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rich Thompson
Background: Rich has spent most of his life on merchant ships, he was even born on one owned by his parents. There are few problems on a ship he can't fix, making him worth a lot of money to a lot of people. Although he has some skill with a gun he tries to avoid conflict wherever possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pounding headache helped Rich regain consciousness, his eyes opening to reveal a golden ceiling above his head. He closed his eyes and opened them again, confused as he realised he wasn't dreaming. He had been to pretty much every part of his ship at some point during his career yet he'd never seen a ship like this.He sat up, seeing that the bridge he was in was empty aside from him. The computers were off, the viewscreen was blank, in fact the only sign of any power were the lights.. He got up gingerly, walking over to the communications console and switching it on. He was dressed in a battered blue engineer's uniform, covered in oil and various other liquids from the various jobs he had been performing before he had been knocked unconscious. He had short blond hair and stubble on his chin.

"Is there anyone here?" he asked, more out of hope than explanation. "If you're trying to find me I'm on the ships bridge." He set about trying toactivate the rest of the systems with little success.

WakingDead

Name: Ashlan Morris
Background: Some people don't get the luxury of a stable childhood, stationary like, and Ashlan certainly falls into this category. Orphaned at five she was taken in by the Black Eagles, one of the galaxy's premiere mercenary companies, her, and several other young orphans. As such, her education came from the Black Eagles themselves, bringing with it a variety of skills, from basic mechanics and electronics skills, to more than a passing ability with hand to hand combat and firearms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone was beating a heavy staccato against the back of her skull...from the inside, a steady throb that refused to recede. Worse than any morning after hang over, worse than any concussion, and her eyes slit open, tiny little cracks that revealed blurred...gold? No no no, that wasn't right,  the Black Eagles were named for their snips, which were...well, black, gray maybe, but certainly not gold. A groan then, slipping from her lips as she blinked away the cobwebs, or tried to, a hand moving to rub a temple. "What the hell?" There had been a party, celebrating the successful completion of a contract, so someone, she supposed, must be playing a prank. There was a long standing tradition of never being the first one to pass out, it made for a game and a running wager...so maybe, well she might have been the first, there were certainly little bits and pieces of the night she didn't remember. But no, Rog and Der, they'd both been slumped in the corner, so she hadn't been the first...another low groan as she pushed herself upright, lifting a hand to run it back through her short cropped, disheveled, spiked black hair. And then it occurred to her...that if she didn't recognize her surroundings, that could mean a couple of different things, and more than a few of those things weren't anything good, so she automatically began patting herself down, checking to see how much of her gear she still had on her...which wasn't much. The light armor, her BDUs. A moment, okay, more than a moment, spent taking stock of her surroundings, crew quarters by the look of it, standard, bunk, foot locker, pretty basic, okay no surprises there then.  No indicator lights...no panel lights, so computer systems looked to be down, but she was alive, so that meant that life support systems were up, meaning that the ship had power. Okay then. Now she knew where she stood...sort of. But virtually every ship worth its salt in space had a com system, and...there it was. Shiny little panel on the wall, which she strode to, and keyed it up, "Hello? Anyone out there? I mean, I'm just guessing that there has to be life on this tin can that's not me. Course, I don't even know if this com system is working right now. Hello?"

Lady Jenn

He was about to go to the navigation console when he heard the comms buzz into life. "Well what do you know, there's someone else here," he said under his breath. "Hey, uh..." he paused, unsure as to what to say. "This is Rich Thompson, I'm guessing this isn't your ship either?" he asked, berating himself internally for asking such a ridiculous question. "Are you okay?" he asked, trying to hide the panic he was feeling. Nothing about the situation was making any sense, and the fact the ship was barely responding to his inputs wasn't helping his mood.  "If you know anything about computers I could do with you up here, I may have found the first computer in 25 years which I haven't been able to get to work. I was fixing computers aged nine so this seems a bit...unusual." 'Good job,' he thought to himself. 'Barely started talking to her and you're already talking like a geek.' "You should be able to get to the bridge easily, assuming this ship is laid out like most ships are." He turned back to the the computer, trying to persuade the sensors to work. "That can't be right," he said, forgetting the comms were still open. "Have I found the one section of space I've never seen before? I spose there's a first time for everything."

WakingDead

Static flicker of the comm coming to life, and she felt a dim little flicker of relief. A response then, she wasn't alone. That...that was every spacer's worst nightmare, finding himself, or herself, on a vessel, the only sign of life...something like that, that would make a person crazy that would. And it happened, more than she liked to think about, it happened. Still, she allowed herself a brief little smile, and a relieved sigh before making her response, "You have no idea how relieved I am to hear another human voice. Name's Ashlan Morris, and you've hit it right on the money my friend. This is most definitely not my ship. In fact, it don't look like any kind of ship I've ever set foot in, and in my line of work, I've been inside a lot of them. I dunno what kind of help I'll be, I know enough about computers to patch my own stuff if I need to, long enough to get me to a station or port, but that's about it. But I'd rather be there on the bridge than sitting here waiting for the alien to jump out and grab me. I'll be right there," assuming that she didn't get lost. But how hard could it be to find the bridge yeah? Most ships had at least the same basic principle layout, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Right then, out the door, which thankfully opened, and a left down the hall. The markings, which she supposed must have been some kind of directory were unfamiliar, nothing she'd ever seen before, and she couldn't quite shake the feeling that something was just...off, more than just waking up in a strange ship with no memory of how you got there, way more than that. But she found her way to the bridge easily enough, poking her head in maybe a little too cautiously, because by god, if something was going to try to eat her, she wasn't going to just go walking right into it, "Anderson?"

Lady Jenn

He looked up from the console he was leaning over trying to make sense of the readings and smiled as he saw her. "Nice to meet you Ashlan," he said, half considering offering to shake her hand before remembering all the oil on his hands. "Sorry about the state of my clothes, I was repairing an engine before..." he paused, trying to remember how he'd got there and failing. "Well, before I wound up here. I'm an engineer on a merchant ship, been part of the merchant navy for as long as I can remember, I was even born on a merchant craft." He grunted as the computer was unresponsive again. "This doesn't make sense, this must be human technology cos all the writing is in English, but I've never seen a computer system like it. Maybe you'll be more persuasive with this thing than I've been." He continued trying to get something on the ship to switch on and smiled as the screen at the centre of the bridge flickered into life, showing the space ahead of them. "Well, that's more like it," he said, looking up as the image cleared. Arrayed in front of them were a selection of ships, ranging from small passenger shuttles to hulking military battleships. "Well, now how did..." A chill ran through his veins as he read the readings the scanners were giving off. To anyone but a merchant they were meaningless, but he knew what he was reading. "I hate to sound really cliched but...Houston, we have a problem." He tried firing up the engines, grunting as they struggled to fire properly. "We need to reverse, quickly, doesn't matter what direction we go as long as its away from those ships."

WakingDead

Okay...well, he looked normal enough, unlikely to suddenly sprout wings and turn into something that's body mass was composed chiefly of large snapping teeth, "Honey, the Eagles told me that I wasn't allowed to touch a computer under any circumstances unless everyone else was dead...well wait, I guess this sort of qualifies doesn't it?" A hand lifted, raking through her hair again, that, was a nervous tick, one of the few things that really betrayed the underlying fear she had. Someone who was used to having people around her, and not just one or two, but ten, fifteen, the Black Eagles never traveled in groups less than twenty if they could help it, this...quiet was more than a little disturbing, "And don't apologize on my account anyway. I've done more than my fair share of being elbow deep in oil and grease. I'm a soldier for hire myself, have been for...well, most my life really, one of the Black Eagles and-" the screen flickered to life and her eyes fell on the motley assortment of ships, "Screw sounding cliched. I may not know what the hell those readings are saying, but I know enough to recognize that you don't have a collection of ships that varied just chilling in the same space, without there being a major problem, so consider my name Houston Babe, now let's get the hell out of Dodge." Give her credit at least, for being a woman of action, because after a quick check to verify, she dropped into a seat at a console and let her fingers start dancing, "Sometimes, these things just need a woman's touch you know. It's either that, or this baby's been sitting empty and dormant for too long, so we're dealing with some dead cells, so we'll have to reroute power from unnecessary systems to the engines to give us the proper power for a full fire. We took a cruiser once, one of those big bastards, multi-decked, picked it up on a salvage mission, only no one told us that it'd been empty and dead in the water for a good thirty years or so. Half the cells were dead, so we had to reconfigure the systems. Wasn't really that hard, and it got us where we needed to go."

Lady Jenn

The ship finally fired into life, pulling away from the other ships, none of which even flinched in an attempt to pursue the escaping craft. "Oh god..." he said. "My dad told me rumours about those things but my mum always told me they were myths started by smugglers to avoid the authorities tracing them. But...this is real." He walked over to the viewscreen, studying the craft and visibly shaking. "I'm sorry," he said under his breath, forgetting Alsha was there. "All those people..." he grimaced. He needed to figure out where they were and fast, he had to stop thinking of those ships. He sat down behind the scanners, still visibly shaken by what he had just seen, his attempts to hide his terror failing. He was hoping she wouldn't ask him what had happened, not that he couldn't explain but he didn't want to reveal the terrfying truth. "There's got to be some hint where we are on this...computer...I don't believe it," he said, his mind taken off the ships for the moment at what he was reading, "This...there must be a mistake. This ship's sensor's are telling us that we're in the Andromeda galaxy. Even in the quickest ship in the Earth Defence Fleet it'd take 100 years and yet we've got here in a matter of hours. Probably a safe bet this ship didn't bring us here," he said, laughing nervously.

Acidalia

Name: Tessa Hanwyn
Background: Tessa had grown up in a fairly normal childhood. She was well loved, well cared for, and had everything she needed, even if she still wanted some things. She married young, but they were truly in love. One of those once in a lifetime things. She is a gradeschool art teacher but has been off work for the last month when complications from her pregnancy came to pass. She was currently 32 weeks along when she was nabbed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sweet, pruney face surrounded by a soft blue blanket. After nine months of waiting, he was  finally here. And he was perfect. But wait... it hadn't been nine months yet. This was too soon. As quickly as she had come to realize the dangers of his early delivery, the sweet cherub face began to fade into a blur and was swallowed up by darkness. Aron disappeared before her eyes like a vivid dream. As the ship roared to life it stirred the woman from her slumber. A soft croaking escaped the petite blond's lips as she tried to call out to him. "Aron..." she forced out again, this time louder and stronger. A break in the darkness captured her attention. Thin lines of gold spread in the center of the darkness and she realized she was opening her eyes for the first time. When her eyes opened fully she lay there, blinking away the opaque gold until they focused on the ceiling above her.

Low on her belly she felt immense pressure. It wasn't the same as the weight of her son she had grown used to carrying all this time. It was duller, heavier, as if emptiness could weigh a ton. Tessa tried to sit up but the moment she moved in the bed she felt a sharp tug below her belly button. She cried out as the pain reverberated through her body, her mind working chaotically to figure out what was going on. When her eyes finally moved towards her belly, she saw that the large ball that her husband would jokingly rest his plates on was no longer there. She opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out. Her voice was choked by panic and confusion.

She moved her hands towards the hem of the small hospital-like gown and pulled it up to reveal a swollen but flat belly. Below her belly button was a line of silver tape glinting with the reflection of the ceiling above. She recognized the tape as the kind they use in hospital wings to hold together surgical incisions. She pressed a hand to the flat of her belly that only days ago was round and full of life. The machines she was connected to began to alarm loudly as her pulse sped and finally she let out a long, ragged scream of despair as she finally came to realize her baby was gone. Her screams bounced off the walls of the room she had been in, and would echo through the ventilation ducts.

Lady Jenn

He looked around suddenly as he heard the screams, running over to the console to see if he could locate its source but recieving no reply as he cursed under his breath.

"Damnit, this is the one time the sensors need to work properly," he said as he pressed buttons until he finally got an answer. There was someone else on the ship aside from them, but he didn't know whether they were hostile or not. Having memorised where she was from the map of the ship he grabbed a gun and eventually reached the room she was in, opening the door slowly and pointing the gun out in front of him. "Is anyone here?" he called out. "Identify yourself, I don't want to shoot anyone but I will use this gun if I have to."

Jórunnr

Name: John McClellan.
Background: John always found, even when he was young, he could fix people up. He increased his natural ability by practicing on himself. He decided to join the UP (United Planets) Military in hopes of keeping his galaxy safe. Unfortunately on his way to his first battle, he was abducted.

Waking to the blood curdling scream of one Tessa Hanwyn, he realized that he must have been hit. He patted himself down and realized, the only things missing were his gun, medical supplies, and helmet were missing. He looked around to what seemed to be a jail cell, only no bars. He saw a comms unit, probably belonged to the jailer, and frantically typed, "Hello? Who's left? I'm in Easy Company, Squad Gamma, my name is John McClellan, I'm the medic of my squad and I may be able to help the woman who screamed." He sat on the floor and stared at the screen, the only light in the room...