Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

"You are all so wrong to think that I could do this.  I'm no murderer.  How could I defend myself against someone determined to kill and also have the strength to turn the knife on them?"  Beguile stood and paced back and forth in agitation.

"I was asleep!  I wasn't close enough with one or both of them between me and Pixilicious.  Lovers and accomplices will lie for each other.  Besides how are we to know that while one slept the other didn't sneak out and do the deed?"

"I'm not the murder.  It's her," Beguile cried pointing to Imogen.  "And perhaps her lover assisted her!"  Beguile's finger flicked the air in Remiel's direction.

Cardwolf

"While all of that is very likely Beguile...we know nothing, the only person who could have told us anything unbiased would have been Pix...and she herself was a murderer.  We have no idea of anything, but it is possible it did occur.  Right now we are running out of time and people.  So far two have been murdered and only one person is truly safe right now and that is Spell."

Card sat back down and folded his hands in front of him looking forward at everyone else before sipping on some cool water he asked for and cleaning up the mess he made of the ground.  "Right now I only know one thing for certain and thats who the Engineer on this train is.  To the best of my knowledge currently anyone on his train could well be a murderer.  All we know is that one murderer died, but was replaced with another one who hid their action and washed their hands of it.  So as I can see it right now, we're back where we started as anyone who wouldn't step forward to claim self-defense...is obviously plotting as well."

Ryven

"Exactly how do you know who the Engineer is?"

Cardwolf

"I could smell her at night, she reeks of coal."

Ryven

"Him?  Well, that narrows it down.  It's either yourself or Remiel."

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Trieste

* Trieste resents the implication that only men can be engineers.

Nadir

Ryven

Weird, for some reason I thought Card and Remiel were in the same carriage last night.  Nevermind.  However, with my own knowledge and Card's new information, I too know who the Engineer is.  Supposedly.

Marguerite

I know you were honey but you fell asleep literally on top of moi.

Cardwolf

"Seems everyone was having a 'bit of fun' last night."

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on April 06, 2010, 07:32:39 PM
"You are all so wrong to think that I could do this.  I'm no murderer.  How could I defend myself against someone determined to kill and also have the strength to turn the knife on them?"  Beguile stood and paced back and forth in agitation.

"I was asleep!  I wasn't close enough with one or both of them between me and Pixilicious.  Lovers and accomplices will lie for each other.  Besides how are we to know that while one slept the other didn't sneak out and do the deed?"

"I'm not the murder.  It's her," Beguile cried pointing to Imogen.  "And perhaps her lover assisted her!"  Beguile's finger flicked the air in Remiel's direction.

Myobi was inclined to agree with Beguile. Friends and lovers could easily lie for the other, or perhaps just shielding them out of sheer trust instead of actual knowledge of their person. She wondered if she had been mistaken as the frenzied rush earlier had been rather chaotic, but she was sure that she had seen Imogen leave from her own room and Remiel from his...While the night may have been spent together, did they decide to return to their own rooms? During those few minutes, even if they were sparse, they were no doubt more than enough time for the horrid deed to have been done.

Quiet as she nursed her thoughts, she continued to eye the couple suspiciously. In the end, even if one were an innocent passenger, at least that person would be safe for the rest of the journey upon arriving at the next station.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kip

Current Voting :

Beguile's Mistress - 8 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf, Izu, Caeli
Imogen - 8 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Marguerite, ScorpioQueen, Esoteric Myobi, Trieste
Esoteric Myobi - 1 vote : Kyrsa
Remiel - 1 vote : Valerian
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Beguile's Mistress

"Imogen and Remiel are going to point the finger at me," Beguile said, walking a short distance away from the group.  "It's the only way they can cover for themselves and each other.  Besides, were they really together every second of the time?  I hardly think so."

Beguile turned and stared out the window, not watching the scenery but the reflections of the people behind her.  How to convince them of her innocence?  If only evidence could be found that would prove it could have been either Remiel or Imogen.  Taking a deep breath Beguile turned back toward the others.

"I went to my compartment and locked the door.  I changed my clothes and went to bed.  I fell asleep and didn't hear a thing until the scuffle and screams woke me and I left my room." 

"It has to be Imogen."

Marguerite

After listening to a few pleas and explanations, Marguerite changed her vote to Imogen. I want to put the two of you up to see if perhaps we can figure out who will break under the pressure.

Cardwolf

Card merely listened to them and silently asked for two tablets of advil and looked around at them all. 

ScorpioQueen

Scorpio sat back with fear when informed about another death on the train, and with a twist, the murderer was murdered? "I hope that I'm making the right decision here or if it's fear that has guided me into my vote, but the thought of Remiel and Imogen covering for each other is frightening, I vote Imogen. I'm sorry hun." Scorpio sighs deeply hoping she has made the right decision.
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Izu

Once again he hadn't heard much of the commotion as he had gone to his carriage quite drunk. When he woke up he found people yelling names and accusations once again. "Gh...mm... I'll vote for Beguile's Mistress ."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Caeli

"I'm changing my vote to Beguile's Mistress. We'll see how this pans out."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Esoteric Myobi

After scrutinizing the couple a moment longer, Myobi decided to place her bet on Imogen instead.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Valerian

Val threw her hands up in despair.  "Oh, I don't even know what to think anymore.  It all comes down to luck in the end, anyway.  I'll just vote for Imogen, since there's no chance of getting Remiel off the train.  And if she turns out to be guilty, then we'll know who to look at if anyone else is killed.  Either both of you are murderers or neither, isn't that what you said, Remiel?"
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

I'm with Val on this one. I can't decide.

Imogen.

Imogen

Imogen set her tea cup to one side and rose. Rising to tiptoe she pressed a gentle kiss to Remiel's kiss. "You know where I shall be." She whispered. "I'll wait for you." Turning then to the others, she offered a faint smile. "I think that deep down you all know I'm innocent but just don't know who to vote for. It is alright, I hold no grudges and shall pray for your safety in the coming nights."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Remiel smiled sadly, brushing his lips across Imogen's knuckles in return.  "My only consolation is that at least you'll be safe and out of reach of the murderer.  It'll be hard to go on without you, my dear."  Taking her arm, walking her to the exit of the carriage, he turned and cupped her chin in his palm, his lips drawing near to whisper a bittersweet farewell into her ear. 

"I'll see you in Vienna."

Marguerite

"I did not know this was a love soap opera," she answered watching the two love birds all the while wondering if the decision was going to turn out right.