Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

The commotion in the passageway, screams, cries, the voices raised in fear and suspicion, had drawn Beguile from her compartment.  She stared in horror at the body lying on the floor and the knife protruded from the chest.

"Oh, no!  Not another one!" she cried.  Then turned and stared at the milling passengers after hearing her name spoken several times.  "I haven't talked to the girl since we boarded the train!  We didn't even introduce ourselves or exchange names and Pixilicious was still in the lounge when I left and went to bed."  Pulling her robe tight around her and crossing her arms against her stomach Beguile looked at the faces of the others.  One of these was a murder, or maybe more than one.

Her eyes went to Imogen and Remiel and much as it pained her to accuse a fellow traveler she banked on the certainty in the voices of some of the others.

"Imogen, how could you?"

Valerian

Val joined the others, pale and quiet.  She hardly knew what to think.  On the one hand, Pixi had seemed so friendly and, well, safe.  On the other, she must have been responsible for LadySky's death, and then had sat quietly back, letting Spell and Val herself, both innocent passengers, take the blame for the crime.

"I don't know who to blame, any more than anyone else does -- except the killer, of course," she added, dryly.  "But this reminds me too much of what happened last time, so many people so quick to vote for the same person.  Perhaps it would be better to look to Remiel for some answers as to what happened here last night."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

He arrived at the dining car shortly after Imogen did, looking sombre and grave.  His collar was rumpled, his tie lopsided and loose.    The jarring scream had awoken him from his rather pleasant sleep, and he had hastily dressed in the dark.  The reason for his dishabille was going to be apparent, soon enough.  When it was revealed that Pixilicious had been a sociopath, and the most likely reason for the death of Ladysky, he merely nodded to himself, having suspected her as the culprit, despite voting for Valerian.

He took a deep breath, glancing at the lady next to him.  For a moment, he considered lying, pinning the blame on Imogen, so she would be safely disembarked.  He would miss her company sorely, but better to have her alive than risk the chance she could be the next victim. 

But however chivalrous the motive, it would not be an honest one.  Sighing, he cleared his throat and addressed the assembled company.

"Friends, Imogen had nothing to do with Pixilicious' death.  And neither did I.  I know this because..."  --and here he blushed, and glanced askew-- "because we shared a suite last night.  We were together the whole time.  There was no way one of us could have left without the other knowing."

He slipped his hand into Imogen's glove, giving her fingers a squeeze.  "That only leaves Beguile's Mistress and Esoteric Myobi as the culprit.  I do not know which of them is the guilty party, but it had to have been one of those two.  I'm going to say Beguile's Mistress, and pray to God that I am correct."

Imogen

"It wasn't me." Imogen's voice was quiet. "I know every one would say that, but it really wasn't." There was no indignation or anger at the accusations, she understood the fear and suspicions of the others only too well. There was one silver lining, however, and that was the knowledge that she was innocent. To her, it meant she had more information than the passengers from the other carriages and she tried to reason her way through the events.

She sighed and held Remiel's hand tightly, blushing at his words. However, she did not contradict him, but merely added a few words herself. "I am afraid." She admitted. "Not for myself... once on the train station I shall be safe. But I know I am innocent and you will make a dreadful mistake if you focus your suspicions at me."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Nadir

Beguile's Mistress

"How convenient that the two of you can alibi each other.  But isn't that what lover's would do?  Or a murder and their accomplice?"  Beguile looked the two in the eye as she faced them.  "Each of you had a compartment neighboring Pixilicious.:

"I came on this trip to rest and not to create more stress for myself.  Two murders and accusing fingers pointed at me are not what I call relaxing."

Kip

Current Voting :
Beguile's Mistress - 6 votes : Imogen, Ryven, Remiel, Eden, Aiden, Cardwolf
Imogen - 5 votes : Saffron, sinera,  Mithlomwen, Beguile's Mistress, Caeli
Remiel - 3 votes : Esoteric Myobi, Marguerite, Valerian
Esoteric Myobi - 2 vote : Kyrsa, Trieste
Aiden
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste
Valerian

Yet to vote :
Izu
ScorpioQueen

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Cardwolf

Card looked around a little wildly as another murder had been commited.  He covered his mouth and looked around his hands shaking.  "I can't believe this is happening...."  He said his mouth feeling dry as he looked around the room at all the fellow travelers, any of them could be murderers.  "I...I...I will go with general conseus on this one, I have no desire to debate again.  Imogen

Remiel

Remiel scowled.  "Are you all mad?  Imogen is innocent, and you shall all be the sorrier for her absence."

Trieste

Well, you were in the carriage, closer than all of us. Who would you say, Remiel?

Cardwolf

"I would rather hear all of the stories as well, but for now my vote remains unchanged."

Aiden

Looking up from a sheet of scribblings the man had been keeping since the murders began, he looked at the passengers in car D and knew one of them was a killer.
"Beguile's Mistress, you might dance like a saint but I feel you are a sinner behind those deceptive eyes."

Remiel

Quote from: Trieste on April 06, 2010, 06:38:59 PM
Well, you were in the carriage, closer than all of us. Who would you say, Remiel?

He sighed.  "By the process of deduction, it must be either Esoteric Myobi or Beguile's Mistress. That's all I can tell you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which one it is."

Cardwolf

"On what matters of deduction?  Pixilicious was the murder from the night before obviously as she was also in that car.  Someone must have done her in this night when she attacked; however we have no clue who it could be.  Unless your not telling us something Remiel."  Card's hands slammed against a near by table causing it to rattle and a few glasses to fall to the floor shattering.  Card's emerald eyes clearly trained on Remiel.  "Spit it out....if you know something, you best tell us all because this is our safety your toying with."

Trieste

Well...

Hm.

Esoteric Myobi, then. But if you're wrong, Remiel, I'll be pretty hard-pressed to follow your deductions again.

Remiel

Quote from: Cardwolf on April 06, 2010, 07:08:43 PM
"On what matters of deduction?  Pixilicious was the murder from the night before obviously as she was also in that car.  Someone must have done her in this night when she attacked; however we have no clue who it could be.  Unless your not telling us something Remiel."  Card's hands slammed against a near by table causing it to rattle and a few glasses to fall to the floor shattering.  Card's emerald eyes clearly trained on Remiel.  "Spit it out....if you know something, you best tell us all because this is our safety your toying with."

"All I can tell you is that Imogen and I were each other's alibis last night.  The outcome of this day's vote will determine the truth one way or another.  Either Imogen and I are both murderers, or neither of us are."

Cardwolf

Card's eyebrow slowly rose as he looked at Remiel, then turned his back to him understanding what he was saying.  "If you say so...I'll take your word for it then...you know all you had to say was you were having 'alone' time yesterday.  Card rolled his eyes, before changing his vote to Beguile's Mistress

Trieste

* Trieste mutters something about some people getting all the alonetime on the train.

Ryven

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Cardwolf

Begins wondering how people could think about 'alone time' after a murder had just been commited.

Trieste

Others' deaths encourage the celebration of life. Check the birth rate nine months after any major natural disaster or war.

Nadir

Cardwolf

"How did you read my mind?"  Card asked suddenly very scared.