Looking For A New Home For Your Original Mutant? (Always recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, January 21, 2016, 03:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

Background
The doctor Roberto Johannes was known as one of the elite in the scientific world but more precisely in the world of cloning. He was a genius, but a sociopath. For many years, he would use in-vitro fertilization of human eggs to insert modifications into the eggs, and the more technology advanced, the more his embryos became viable. His work was kept secret and owned by Lindermann Bio Pharma, the company that had hired him. His controversial work was never meant to see the light of day until there was a life-saving solution coming with it. It provided Dr. Johannes with all the genetic material and equipment that he needed, in a state of the art lab that grew bigger and bigger over time as more bio research such as bio-mechanics, for example, were added to the campus.

He worked for almost a decade before the first truly viable embryo, without visible malformation due to the manipulation of the egg, was grown in the laboratory and born in the cold, sterile environment. The Doctor perfected his method and discarded misshapen fetuses; he played god with no regard for his failed experiments, other than to avoid making the same mistake again. Until something happened, something that he did completely by mistake, a tremor in his hand, and all the pieces fell together just right.

What a disappointment it was when it turned out that more than three quarters of the babies appeared to be completely normal! Having no use for children without mutations, they were examined thoroughly and then were given in adoption through dubious channels. However the children were kept under loose surveillance, in case they showed latent mutations. The remaining of the babies that showed their mutations right from birth were kept in a controlled environment near the research facility.

Those that showed mutations later, the not-so-normal-after-all children, were taken and brought to the campus where they were home schooled, trained to use their abilities, studied, and eventually allowed to go out in the world to work and live, but they had to report regularly, their loyalty had to be absolute… But loyalties are fluid and the Dr. Johannes is very aware of it.

Game Rules

• Follow the Oath of the Drake
  • Game opened to every gender, and every orientation
  • 3 paragraphs per post, minimum, 3rd person and past tense
  • More than one character allowed, keep them active
  • Real people as faces, no anime or drawings
  • Use the post header in every IC post, with provided avatar
  • Post within a week of the last post of your partner
  • Please keep the GM (Aysande) in the loop if you lose interest or will not be active for a while
  • Ask the GM (Aysande) before characters do something that could expose the research
  • Participation to group events is optional, but strongly encouraged

Rebels Are Now Available To Play!
Those who escaped from the control of the LBP campus, or who rebel against its ways and what it has done now have an HQ located in a remote, mountainous area.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Chrystal

Okay, I know I saw this game when you first started it, I know I thought about joining, I think the reason I didn't was because I couldn't come up with a decent character concept.

However, I am still interested and having spotted the banner, I'm thinking about a character, possibly a teenage girl who has so far been successful in concealing her powers from everyone including her parents... I'm guessing that would put her inadvertently in the "rebel" category?

I will get you a draft character sheet soon... :-)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

How long would some of the rebels (those who arrived there initially) have been at the mountain HQ?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Cynadea

Quote from: RedEve on January 23, 2016, 07:15:45 AM
How long would some of the rebels (those who arrived there initially) have been at the mountain HQ?

The first three who founded the group did it about a decade ago. Adam, Eve and Kyle escaped from the cells of the campus (because they were judged too dangerous). They are actual player characters, though one of them has to finish its transition from NPC to PC.

Quote from: Chrystal on January 23, 2016, 07:07:03 AM
Okay, I know I saw this game when you first started it, I know I thought about joining, I think the reason I didn't was because I couldn't come up with a decent character concept.

However, I am still interested and having spotted the banner, I'm thinking about a character, possibly a teenage girl who has so far been successful in concealing her powers from everyone including her parents... I'm guessing that would put her inadvertently in the "rebel" category?

I will get you a draft character sheet soon... :-)

She would need to be officially scooped up by either group. Maybe she was spotted by a telepath? Or something odd came up in her last blood test, raising a flag for either group. If you do not want her to be on campus, she would be among the rebels.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Saku

Hello there, I would love to take a spot in this game of yours! I sent you my character sheet!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests