Family Secrets, Deadly Lies

Started by Tagnizkur, February 17, 2011, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink Slinger

"Wow...that's..." She fumbled around for something to say.  "Odd and not good."  Julie shrugged.  She stepped back to let Marcus enter the apartment.  She looked down at her feet for a moment and then back up to him.  "I just need to find my shoes I suppose.  Or is this something we can do in my apartment?" 

She really had no idea what the training would entail, what they'd need or if they would have enough space in her tiny apartment.  Julie was also partially distracted by the man himself.  Now she was less frazzled she noticed how his green eyes seemed to sparkle and his jaw was strong, chiseled.  Marcus wasn't her usual type, but she was none the less attracted to him.  The young woman shook her head clearing it again.
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Tagnizkur

Quote from: Ink Slinger on April 22, 2011, 10:25:30 PM"I just need to find my shoes I suppose.  Or is this something we can do in my apartment?" 

"I have another word for what it is..  but since I dont know you well I wont go about dropping F bombs to describe what I think of it."

I make a slight face as I look down again at the fried phone.  Doesn't make a damn bit a sense for the thing to just go ZAP!  That.. and hell..  I wanted to ignore it.. but I also cant shake this... and i hate the cliche..  "feeling..."

I realize it after the fact the word came out loud.   I look up at her and a grin creep across my face despite the feeling and my dead phone and car.

"Oh no..  we are going to go very stereo typical first because I need to see how sensitive you are.  We are going to the the old cook county prison.. and more pointedly.. death row.  So please.. "  I snicker a little.. "Shoes would be a good idea. 

Ink Slinger

"Cook County?  Seriously?  That place is creepy." She shivered.  "Just diving by it gives me the screamin' heebee-geebees." The hairs on the back of her neck rose at the thought. She had been in Chicago just a few days the first time she rode by the facility.  Rumors circulated about the older buildings and the old death row.  And who could pass up photographs of an old jail?  They always incited some emotion in the viewer. 

Julie hadn't even made it out of her car, hell she hadn't even parked, before she turned around and high tailed it away from the corrections facility. She wasn't keen on going back and actually going into the building.  Especially if she'd be seeing and hearing ghosts.  Who knew how many executed spooks would still be around the place.  Her face paled a little at the thought.

"Sink or swim, eh?"  She tried to joke but it came in a more frightened tone than light hearted one.  She never had been good at hiding her own true emotions.  She tended to wear her heart on her sleeve and show everything she felt in her expression, especially her eyes.  Her father always said she'd never make a good poker player and it was true.  She also had never really developed the ability to lie or deceive.

Tagnizkur

"Sink or swim?  Its funny you should say that... "

I say as I toss my dead phone in her kitchen trash.  The spark that trashed the car and then phone has my brain chasing around what it is like a red neck chases a greased pig.  I know what caused it.. but I just cant get a grip on that thought and let i fully form.  I shake my head and look at her.  A look of concern and curiosity cross my features.  Her family has been in this world.. she is a sensitive..  surely... surely this life I lead will be... well, not a COMPLETE shock.

I take a short breath...

"....  You showed more control ... and well balls.. then most men would..  so... Yeah... sink or swim...?  You decide...."

I leave it in the air just like that.  Yes I just met the woman.. but come on.. i have had sex with women faster .. yet.. there is something about her..  yeah she is SMOKING... and i would love to see her bent over...    I shake my head quelling the thoughts.  Still, there is something about her

Ink Slinger

"It wasn't about balls." She replied.  I thought I was going crazy.  I'm self employed so my insurance is crap right now.  Albert didn't scare me; he made me mad.  I e-mailed you out of desperation.  I didn't really think about the fact that I was giving a stranger my address.  When I did think about it, it was too late.  And you made him shut up.  I just wanted the ghost gone.  I figured if he couldn't touch me he couldn't hurt me."  Julie sounded exasperated once more.  "If you way I might be seeing more of them, I need to know how to get rid of them with my sanity mostly in tact."  Far be it for her to call herself fully sane.  At twenty one she'd decided to open her own photography business.  At twenty six she was in her third city trying to make it work and find a place that felt like home.

Jule walked over to the door and slid her feet into sneakers. 

"So yeah, I will swim or drown trying to learn."  She declared with fierce determination.  What ever was going on, she was going to be better, stronger, than it was.  The petite woman was not going to let anything take her life away from her or make it unbearable to live.