News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

How long can you go without sleep for?

Started by Jack, February 27, 2009, 11:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittenchan

I used to do full anime conventions without sleep. Friday to Sunday. I haven't done that in a while though. Usually I'll only get a few hours like two or three at cons.

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

luna146

The most I did was 48 hours. It is harder to do now since I take some medication that makes me drowsy. As long as I don't get any sleep I can stay awake for that long. If I get 5 or less hours of sleep I am like the living dead the next day.

Tankou

My record was at on point closing in on 10 days when I was 16 XD That was back when I worked at my first barista job, and was going for an all tim e record. I passed out one night at my computer, and mom woke me up in the morning. She seemed really worried about me cause I didn't wake up until she started shaking me XD I had had a LOT of caffeine XD

MusicNeverDies

I'm sceptical about ten days. You'd have been hallucinating. I'd think if you were telling the story of the time you stayed up for 10 days, you'd mention it was enough to make you hallucinate.

My record is about 55-60 hours.

Tankou

No Hallucinations, actually, but I did experience moments of blindness a few times, but I knew that my eyes were open.

Inkidu

We call that brain damage. If you had gone one more day you probably would have died.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Will

I've had that too, actually.  It really felt more like my heart was just too exhausted to get the blood all the way up to my noggin.  Over time that will of course lead to brain damage, but the losing sight in and of itself is not brain damage.  I think.  I'm not a doctor.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Zadaris

I could pull a couple of all nighters at most but then I'd be completely bollocksed if I didn't get some sleep.

If I don't get at least 7 hours sleep I won't want to function properly. But I'm still more reliable than a computer.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

saturnschild

just one day for me that I can go, I tried longer but don't like how pissy I can get at people for no reason, so I just got to sleep.
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Andy

My record is 72 Hours ( and 10 Red Bulls)

I was thrashed for a week afterwards though.
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Neferus Andolini

My personal record is approaching 48 hours, with normal amounts of stimulants. I was definitely getting paranoid when I did that, but nothing else. 2-3 times a month I'll go 24-36 hours and still be normal, but will need to sleep for 16-20 hours afterward.

Gracie

I never tested this. I sleep every night. It's not healthy to not sleep.

Izu

I used to have huge sleeping problems a couple of years ago (after my first year at college). At the beginning of the summer and the beginning of my 'lovely' month of exams I stopped sleeping. It was 24-72 hours at first, which ended with me failing most of my exams and was supposed to go to the re-take exams in September, but by the fall my insomnia had got quite bad, if I didn't sleep for 72 hours I was lucky, because I stayed awake for 5 and more days. Personal record is 9 days. Ended up with failing exams again, being forced to take a gap year at college, lost a lot of weight, my sight got worse, and I ended up in hospital with a broken leg after being hit by a car due to my going out to the store and falling asleep as I walked. :] yep, not fun days. Now I force myself to go to bed even when I'm not sleepy, making sure that at least my body will be laying and resting for 6-8 hours per day.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Lithos

Three days is most i can do in normal conditions. Five days in army once, but on last day I kept poking these little growing trees as people I was supposed to wake up they say x.x. That was different though cause it was five days of not sitting on your ass but being on the move.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Mathim

Quote from: Lithos on May 17, 2009, 09:06:39 PM
Three days is most i can do in normal conditions. Five days in army once, but on last day I kept poking these little growing trees as people I was supposed to wake up they say x.x. That was different though cause it was five days of not sitting on your ass but being on the move.

Yeah, my friend used to do that kind of insomnia trip when he was in the military too.

Depending on what I'm doing, if I don't need to use my brain, I can be up for about three days before I need artificial awakening agents (Mountain Dew.)
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Tachi

I can barely go 24hrs. It's sad, I once went almost a week with little/no sleep when I was a kid.

Gunslinger

Mathim

For the record, it's really dangerous to not get sleep. Sleep is when your brain rests and repairs itself so you're causing yourself inadvertent brain damage. Plus you'll be prone to nosebleeds with prolonged sleeplessness. My friend got nosebleeds a lot from lack of sleep.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

Quote from: Gunslinger on June 15, 2009, 05:17:51 PM
2 hours

You can only be awake for two hours at a time?  When I first moved out of my parents' house, I had a roommate kind of like that - he was discharged from the military for 'hypersomnia', which is like the geeky little brother of the cooler 'narcolepsy'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Revolverman

26 hours is about my peak, and I'm walking death at that point.

sloc

3 days at last count - that was 10 years ago.
I couldn't sit down or I promptly fell asleep :)
Minds, like parachutes, work best when open
- anonymous

Ons and Offs
Rabbit Hole

Mint

I'm not very good at staying awake for long periods of time and if I do, I never feel good after getting some rest. I think the longest I can stay up straight is about 30 hours or so. Maybe longer if I really push myself, but I wouldn't want to in most situations.

Soran

36 hours..... was ghost hunting, then having to drive back... migraine hit me hard afterwards

AdianaCelestyn

My personal record is about 57 hours during a Legend of Dragoon marathon. I could of lasted longer, but I fell asleep during a particularly long cutscene...lol xD
~*~ Love without Pain isn't really Romance...~*~

~*~These violent delights have violent ends.~*~

Oniya

Quote from: AdianaCelestyn on June 19, 2009, 07:59:23 PM
My personal record is about 57 hours during a Legend of Dragoon marathon. I could of lasted longer, but I fell asleep during a particularly long cutscene...lol xD

I hope you saved before hand!  It would suck to play that long and lose it because a low-level monster wandered up to you and you weren't awake to fight back.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17