News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

IRC Chat

Started by EnchantedDream218, February 02, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnchantedDream218

I visited the chat room every once in awhile to see if any members ever use it. I tend to go in there to see if anyone uses it and I can never seem to catch anyone in the chat room for some reason. Am I going in the chat at the wrong time or does any members barely use it? Kinda confused about the chat to be honest...

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

The Dark Raven

There are always people in chat.  Whether they talk or not is another story.

Update: There are currently 21 folks in the main room and 5 ops on...

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Autumn Sativus

The main area doesn't tend to get used much. We have a separate chatroom for approved members that tends to get the activity. You need to register and talk to an OP to get access there.

You can find all the information about how to do that and about IRC in the Tutorial
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

PapillonBeryl

Quote from: Saffron on February 02, 2014, 10:20:52 AM
The main area doesn't tend to get used much. We have a separate chatroom for approved members that tends to get the activity. You need to register and talk to an OP to get access there.

You can find all the information about how to do that and about IRC in the Tutorial

I'm having a problem getting into separate chatroom for approved members.  I think it may be a browser (Firefox 27.0.1 on Windows 8) issue.  Could someone please provide some t/s assistance?

My first indication of problems is that my screenshot doesn't look like the one in the Tutorial.  The Support and Links tabs do not exist in my browser.

The real obvious evidence of a problem, though, is that when I select the IRC Chat tab, there is no box to put in a nick and no Connect button to use.

I'd appreciate any assistance.  Thanks.  :-)

Peripherie

I also had the same problem trying to access the IRC chat in both Firefox and Chrome (both updated versions). When I accessed it with Internet Explorer I got a pop up window that said "Only secure content is shown." And I had to click "Show All Content" for the IRC window to display.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore