X-Men: New Legacy - Interest Check [NC-H]

Started by Machete, August 12, 2009, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machete

moved to the first post.

RedEve

Quote from: firescorpion121 on September 14, 2009, 12:21:57 PM
I do not know.  This thread is just checking for interest.  I will be starting application threads shortly.

So I could still get to play the White Queen? Or is it first come, first serve?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Machete

Quote from: RedEve on September 14, 2009, 01:28:32 PM
So I could still get to play the White Queen? Or is it first come, first serve?

The best I can do is tell you to talk to syrorder about it.

Doomsday

Original character posted, could you check it out firescorp?

Doomsday

Has the GM ever heard of a game called Marvel Super Heroes? Sort of like simplified DnD for Marvel.

Doktor Sleepless

You mean the SAGA Edition Marvel game from the late 90s?

Doomsday

Think it was late 80's, the FASERIP system.

Doktor Sleepless

The FASERIP was in the 80s, and it's absolutely nothing like D&D. The 90s one was SAGA, which was the same system they used for Dragonlance 5th Era, and that's where the D&D connections stop, because it doesn't even use dice, and it's a completely different system.

Both are horrible systems, at least in my taste.

Doomsday

Dice games = DnD in my eyes :P

Also I liked FASERIP :(

Doktor Sleepless

That's like saying Sports With Ball = Football, or Cartoons = Mickey Mouse.

Doomsday

If I wasn't a ridiculous sports nut I might agree... And I don't play many system games so you could understand where I'm coming from.

Doktor Sleepless

I don't play any sports and I still see the clear difference between different rule systems. But nevermind. :)

RedEve

I'm going to bow out of this, I think. Syrorder had first dibs on Emma Frost, and she's really the only character I felt like playing in this thread, at least right now. I might join later on if I believe I can make an interesting tale around another X-men.

Doktor Sleepless

RedEve, why don't you come up with an original character?

RedEve

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on September 15, 2009, 11:13:00 AM
RedEve, why don't you come up with an original character?

If I do that, she might come out as a White Queen clone. :D

Machete

Quote from: RedEve on September 15, 2009, 11:43:13 AM
If I do that, she might come out as a White Queen clone. :D

Hell, I see nothing wrong with two characters having the same powers.  In fact, syroroder and I have a one-on-one roleplay based on exactly that.

Doktor Sleepless

I suggested to RedEve that if she likes a sexy mindwitch, she could play Psylocke. :P And did you check my character?

Machete

Yes, I did.  Please take a look at real3000's background for Mystique for an example what I am looking for, especially for your description of "normal" Mark.  The same goes for you, Doomsday Jesus.  By the way, DJ, your character is too goddamned powerful, even without movement at the speed of light.  I suggest scrapping the character and creating a new one.

Doktor Sleepless

Uhm... there's not much more to describe about Mark when he's not shifted, he's just a normal kid otherwise. And Real3000 copy pasted stuff from Wikipedia, including the reference numbers and all... not to diss him or anything.

Doomsday

Quote from: firescorpion121 on September 15, 2009, 06:09:09 PM
Yes, I did.  Please take a look at real3000's background for Mystique for an example what I am looking for, especially for your description of "normal" Mark.  The same goes for you, Doomsday Jesus.  By the way, DJ, your character is too goddamned powerful, even without movement at the speed of light.  I suggest scrapping the character and creating a new one.

Even without the speed of light thing? He's worthless then.

Doktor Sleepless

The speed of light for a character is utterly powergamer stuff, dude.

Doomsday

As I said in my character profile, that part is up to GM's approval and I can/will remove it, but GM is saying he's still overpowered, even though his powers now are basically "He doesn't need to sleep as long as he spends like 6 hours outside a day."

Machete

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on September 15, 2009, 07:42:16 PM
As I said in my character profile, that part is up to GM's approval and I can/will remove it, but GM is saying he's still overpowered, even though his powers now are basically "He doesn't need to sleep as long as he spends like 6 hours outside a day."

I wanted you to scrap him because it is hard for me to give new powers to an old character.  I was presuming you have the same problem.  Non-cannon characters were effected by the Decimation as well.  Thus, one may not have his/her powers any more.  You may do this, if you have not already done so.