D&D 3.5: Dungeon of the Demented Dungeon Mistress

Started by Natalie C. Barney, May 05, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

This will be set in the huge underground maze of the the DDM Rayne, this diabolical creation was forged by the demigoddess to keep busy and in the bowels is said to be the key to godhood, or a huge treasure hoard or the mightist magic tome ever penned or...well no one knows. But she welcomes adventurers to try to get to the heart of her dungeon maze.

All is not lost there is the multiaccessible town of Mazetown to rest and recover, buy things and sprts the finest entertainment street in the maze (ok the only one), hidden civilizations, lost worlds and more maze than can boggle the mind. Also Harlon Happyfeetz and his traveling dimensional tradeshop can pop in for that quick resupply and the typically high prices for the conveniance.

What's in the middle at the heart of the Maze, what legendary power or wealth will you get or will you not make it. No one ever has...

Interested the black ship departs to it at no cost, free food and passage for those daring or foolish enough to try...

Well I need players the dungeon is massive and will involve all sorts of things you start at Level 1 and likely end at near Epic level if it goes to conclusion- the winners get one DIVINE WISH. That is you want to be a demigod you can be or the mightiest lich necromancer in the land ditto or you want the finest mug of ale ever made- sure. All you have to do is survive without dying. That's right you die you get normal mundane items like a 1 million gold treasure hoard or a minor artifact. So come if you dare!

If interested post here if I get four players with character sheets I'll request a thread.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Muse

::Takes a number::  Do you allow psionicisits? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

Yes if you want. I have access to the rules. The eay the dungeon is set up the first five are warm up levels then you get to the HIDDEN DOORWAY once you go in you must get to the center of the maze and get the portal out OR you don't. Sort of you get a chance to get loot and experience, the weak get culled and the worthy can go ahead. If you want.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

I love 3.5.  Should we pm you a character sheet?  Any particular races allowed/not allowed?
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

I favor the core races. And we will do the characters for it on a character generation site I used in D&D Shadows & Shades it keeps it simple to do. For stats you can use the 32 point buy from the DMG OR roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die assigning as ou wish. For hit points you can roll after Level 1 OR take the AVERAGE of the die adding any Con bonus hit points. DECIDE at character creation both options.

Characters generously start at Level 1. ooooooooooooo lol

Oh and for clerics its simple there are four temples- Dark (evil alignments), White (good alignments- includes paladind), Gray (neutral alignments- as in Neutral, LN or CN) and Nature (druids and rangers).

Character classes are the core ones and psionic classes.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Sounds good to me.  I'd like to play an elven ranger if that's okay with you.   :)    And these die rollers hate me, so I'd use the point-by and would probably take the die average at every level.  I can make an elven ranger in my sleep, so I'll get started right away if that's all right.   :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

Sure there are jungles and forests in several areas- and lost civilizations. Some not so unfriendly some are not so they can use you. Oh you get maximum gold and ONE +1 magic weapon (recieved upon arrival and entering the dungeon plus some other items randomly rolled).

Based on class for the extra item(s).

Oh do not do characters until we get at least four people and we need a cleric, a rogue, a wizard and a fighter. You will have a chance to multiclass for the first few levels easily but make sure your bases are covered well enough.

So we need at least two or three more players to join.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Hm....  Psion or wizard.  Decisions, Decisions... 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Natalie C. Barney

If it helps the owner of the dungeon has free training up to Level 2 in cleric, fighter, wizard and rogue at her ADVENTURING ACADEMY so if you take Psion you can train in Wizard for free and get some spells and all. She doesn't want her playthings to die due to lack of training.  ;D
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

How then, will multi-classing work?  I would love a ranger/rogue or a ranger/fighter (awesome combos for gestalt campaigns, btw).

Natalie C. Barney

Follow the standard rules when you get to Level 2 tell the person on the purple and red robes with the staff and fancy amulet you want to train and they'll send you to the school. So as long as its a basic class listed its fine. Its simple you get the Level 1 of abilities in the class, the skill point base like a rogue would get 8 skill points and hit points average. And yes all characters get one special item if needed- like a cleric gets a blessed holy symbol, wizard a spellbook with spells, rogue masterwork lockpicks and a fighter an upgrade in armor. Only after they get there first level of training.

Its not meant to be all that realistic in spots just figure if it doesn't make sense its MAGIC at work. lol

But do expect some serious adventuring going on.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Sounds awesome, and adventuring is the name of the game.   :)

Mindhazingsquid

Hmm, starting at level 2 you say?  I might make my rogue.  My rogues are all the same but I love them and they're so easy at this point.  It's just about the only 3rd ed character I know how to make, hah hah.

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Mindhazingsquid

I honestly don't know the difference between 3rd and 3.5.  Didn't they just make a few small changes?

Natalie C. Barney

Actually for rogues no they made changs like the sorceror got shafted they no longer get extra spells for a high Charisma.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13331

Here's a rough draft of a psion concept.  Unlike most of my spellcasters, she's not good for much else what with that 6 I rolled for strength. 

Right now, she's mostly defense, but so long as you underestimate her she can burn just about anything. 

Purple

Natalie C. Barney

Oh there are no GODS in the classical sense clerics and lay people choose a TEMPLE these are the Dark (evil alignments), Gray (non-evil neutral alignments), White (good alignments) and Nature (druids and rangers- nature clerics that is allied to the Gray Temple.

Gods are just really powerful entities that support the appropriate temple thing of them as patron saints of sorts, just few worship them.

Do for diety just put a color or Nature that will suffice.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Muse, I advice you become the wizard/psion and take levels as Cerebremancer, you cannot believe HOW cheesy that combo is when you reahc near epic ;).

Hmm, so we have a ranger, psion (perhaos arcanist in future) and rogue. I am not that high for divine spellcasting classes (cleric, favoured souls etc). But I would be intrested to play a simple half-elf tank, by becoming a Knight (link to this PHB 2 coreclass is below the post). I asume our ranger is our ranged combat support (taking the archery path).

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060501a&page=2

Natalie C. Barney

A Knight well sure its cooler than a Paladin. Depending on the alignment and all we have to have a reason he or she is doing the dungeon maybe to get a cure for his lady lave who has a wasting illness. An epic quest worthy of a knight.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, the idea would be not bad, especially I planned play by the romanticided idea of knight. What about if knight's loved one had died already by old age? That she was cursed by some vile warlock (nemesis of knight) to age faster, at least 100 times faster than normal person and so she aged 100 years in single year. Thanks dying old age she cannot be ressurected or even wished back by mundane means, but a divine powered wish COULD ressurect her back whitout the curse.

Of course he is considered a widow knight and grim and all that (so LN alignment) and is strict coded person. But there is posibillity to fall love again (and so the nature of divine wish may change). Altough good benefits as paladin is that he is divine spellcaster by minor scale after 4lvl but I do not see paladin a knight in basic principle. Would it be bad if our DM mistress would control npc who is cleric or other divine spellcaster 'assigned' to assist group by the maze master?

Natalie C. Barney

Well that wouldn't be fair she is a fair if demented demigoddess you go through with the resources you have. But you have a few test and warm up levels so someone can add cleric later. If you go in without one your going to have problems once you pass throught the BLACK DOOR you cannot return save get to inner chamber.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Hmm, our ranger could do some healing whit wand after 4lvl, also paladin could do same and even better if he is full paladin all the way. But otherwise I ask to draw who takes cleric/divine spellcaster levels before we enter black door :P. I wished to be able to take almsot all way as knigth (perhaps few levels as Cavalier or Knight Protector).

Purple

I love rogues and clerics, so I would be happy to multiclass under these rules to either one.  Whichever we need more.  :)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, we have a human psion who may multiclass as wizard, we have elven ranger lass, one rogue (not sure race) and my half-elf Knight working traditionall warrior tank (or even better some cases). So we seek cleric to work as our medpack and bane of undead :P. Altough if you seek pure healing aspect there is Healer core class in Miniature's Guide. But cleric would not be bad.

Zaer Darkwail

Hey, I had jsut diea. A way to be flexible we could gestalt the 1lvl and rest levels come normally. So my Knight could be Knight/Fighter in 1lvl (taking features from both and taking the best from both sides) and our rogue could be rogue/wizard but late ron is pure rogue or she can turn into as Arcane Trickster etc. Of course if you later level take levels in the gestalted class it starts moving from 2lvl and so on.

Just idea how make four heroes flexible in maze where they may not have access to all resources.

Mindhazingsquid

How are we doing stats anyway?  4d6 drop the lowest?

Zaer Darkwail

It is either 32 point buy OR 4d6 drop lowest and roll seven times and pick best six (you choose which method appeals most ;)).

Muse

7 times?  Ooh!  I missed that!  Maybe I don't need to have a six in strength after all. 

Natalie C. Barney

Excuse me the basic dice roll is 4d6 drop the lowest die and place as you wish. IF you get a roll under 8 you can roll again on one roll but MUST take the new result.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sorry mistress my miss compretion of the rules.

Natalie C. Barney

We have a player who would be willing to run a cleric (or druid) that gives us five victims... errr noble heroes for the meat grinder. So I'm going to get a request in for a game thread it will be in Light Sexual, anything violent and/or nc sex oriented if it comes up will fade to black. Consentual normal healthy sex will be explicit if you wish.

Once approved I will set up the game as fast as I can.

This game is not sex focused but it will come up and I will take that into account.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Did we decide on Gestalt or not? 

And does that mean I can reroll my six in strenght? 

Natalie C. Barney

No CLASSES but you can multi-class if I have the rules for the classes ones not in the core rules are fine and prestige classes are up in the air- I may or may not allow any. Frankly I don't see you getting training in any once you past the point of no return.

If you want to re-roll strength you can but must keep the second result, with a 6 I can't see how it could hurt you unless you roll a 5 or below.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Thanks, that helped a lot.  Ready to game at your liesure, Lady Nat-chan. 

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my Knight char rolls for his stats; http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=447066
And I tried re-roll his stats generally (and of course I would choose keep 18 charisma as one original stat ;)); http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=447068

But obviously the first stats were most suitable for my char. But if I can place my worsest score (9 in dex) into my charisma and then place 18 as originall roll to Charisma, then place 11 in Int for Dex and place then remaining 16 to my Int (I forgot that these stats do not need palced by best effort and it is more matter what rolls I got generally). So in end my stat line would be; Str 15, Dex 11, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 18.

So, before I start make the sheet I ask is the last line okay whit DM Mistress or should I use the first stat line (pratically said can I take 5 rolls from my second stat roll and place whatever I like and I keep my 18 from first stat line rolls as the needed original stat number)?

As note I planned my char to be a warrior tank, so both 15 in Str and Con would be excelent, and thanks poor SP as Knight I would need Int 16 to have any decent number of SP to distribute into my skills and cross class skills. Dex 11 is ok because I plan wear a full plate somepoint so higher than +2 Dex would be only uselfull to Iniative and Dex skill wise. Wis in then odd number but I would not miind to have positibe modifier for spot, listen, sense motive etc.

Natalie C. Barney

You must keep the first stat rolls but may place them where you like. Actually Int could be secondary you can put 18 in Str and 15 in Cha. Frankly most warriors survive by their class abilities not skills and your only major skill is Riding (horses) I would think.

Even a knight is basically a tank with some unique special abilities, skills don't seem important and you always get at least one skill point.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, problem is that most Knight's class features depend on charisma, but charisma 15 would be nice and Con would be more important to Knight to survive (and boost non-exitant fort save).

Natalie C. Barney

What do you want me to give you a free 18 just to be nice.  :P

(no you can't I was kidding)

Your going to have to sacrifice somewhere- and a fighter tyope Strength affects how much armor they can wear and damage in close combat a biggy for a Knight. Anyway you can raise Charisma at Level 4 to 16 you know.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I thinked about that (and agree that +1 difference in charisma does not do that much) but I disagree whit the strenght. I plan use a shield and knight's many class features TEMPTS enemies attack him and when he does Knight's challenge, he gets damage and hit bonus already. So as 'meatshield' my main import should go to Constitution becuase I plan make my knight very sturdy. 14 strenght is good enough to move around in heavy armor and shield plus one handed weapon, strenght is easiest stat to boost (in beginning) and some magic items can increase it later on.

I trust that rest of party focus to do more damage while I focus to prevent people go past me onto them :P.

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my charsheet; http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13342

I asumed that Knight gets discount for getting amsterwork armor and shield, so I asuemd my char haves those two but I am not sure could my char have also masterwork melee weapon. I allow samurai's examply start whit masterwork katana and wakisashi for free because I asume the items have been passed as family relics or that samurai's feel shamed use any weapon less than masterwork. I would asume that knights would have got support from lords and such to get cheaper a masterwork gear.

Natalie C. Barney

Assume nothing a knight gets at the maximum gold 240 gp so that is what you have to spend for all starting equipment. Same for everyone you get the maximum starting gold since I'm generous.

I'm allowing traits/flaws after thinking about it. Its a give and take so is ok.

Also any item not in the core item list save PSIONIC items are off limits so since I don't know what a mercurial sword thingy is you can't have it. Try a Bastard sword or more likely a long sword. (get a list to that item from a fairly official source you can have it if you can afford it and post a link I will reconsider)

Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Mercurial Longsword is from Sword&Fist 3.0 edittion book, I do not know any net source provide info from it but the book does really exchist and so does the Mercurial Longsword.

Anycase it's stats are what I have listed;

Damage: 1d10
Critical: 20/x4
Weight: I recall it was 4lb but I can re-check
Price: I do not recall exact one but if Mercurial Greatsword costs around 600gp (non-masterwork) then it would be around half of that value (300gp).
Type: Slashing and it is exotic one handed weapon and non-profient user suffers -6 to use it isntead -4 because it is more odd balanced sword and also heavy to use one handd than bastard sword.

Description: Inside the blade of Mercurial Longsword is placed quicksilver which goes to weapon's tip when the weapon is swinged. So the sword most damage comes from that and blade is hollow and re-counter followness the blade is made wider and bigger to avoid reduction of toughness.

Anycase I am okay that if I do not start whit masterwork gear, but you said, as I recall, that we can start whit +1 weapon, armor, minor magic item etc if we go trough academy right? If so, I would replace that bonus whit that all my gear is masterwork (or do I confuse this rule from other game). Anycase I would ask get the Mercurial Longsword as background item, I cannot obviously buy and start whit it but I cna buy my armors and have about 20gp left (adn thsi means also byebey for my bow).

Natalie C. Barney

If you go through the Academy yes but that is for training in Cleric, Fighter, Rogue or Wizard after you start. And its randomly rolled but for a Fighter you can get a +1 Weapon your trained in automatically if you have a feat using it gained at the Academy (like Weapon Focus in it) but must take a level of Fighter. Or you can save up and but the sword in the Town of Maze befor going through the Black Door. Simply put I'll allow it but you have 240 gp so can't afford one yet. Trust me they have merchants in all sorts of odd weapons and such- even Masterwork odd weapons. So I suggest train in that weapon, take a longsword for now and it will give you something to work towards before going into hell- I mean the dungeons.

You will get one special item after entering the Black Door from a wealthy sponsor that wagered on you so if you LIKE that sword and use it the odds are good your going to get a magical one. [Depends how impressive you are.  ;)]

Gold won't be hard to come by and you should have enough after a level or so in the upper dungeon.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, understood. But I want have the sword NOW but if it is a nono deal, then I take the regular bastard sword. But problem even THAT is that it costs +15 more gp than what I have after buying non-masterwork breastplate and heavy steel shield (whit no dex mod I have to invest on armor). So can I as knight get small disocunt on that please :P? Perhaps a debt to local smith to be payed off would be okay?

Natalie C. Barney

How about a chain shirt or studded leather? Your first level you should be happy with what you can afford right now- aren't knights supposed to be humble? LOL  ;D

And don't forget food, a backpack, light sources, water skin, flint & steel, whetstone, rope and all the normal stuff your going to need.

I suggest for starting armor if money is tight Studded Leather and a Large Metal Shield [total +5 AC]. A Chain Shirt would add an additional +1 AC. (but cost more)

Sorry if I give you extra stuff then I have to do that to all the other players and that is not going to happen.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Duh, I asumed that we all start whit 'adventurers' package which includes mostly everythign needed for adventure (and it includes torches, 50 hempen rope, waterskin, rations for two days, backpack, bedroll and blanket). Reason being that no one counts these gears normally ever in my games. Ok, I start whit chain shirt then, it gives me 100 gp and after 15 reduction I have 85 for rest gear. I wanted breastplate because I wanted some metal plates cover my body, not some chain shirt :P.

Natalie C. Barney

I've decide to give each player ONE magic item it will initially be minimal like a +1 weapon and after you enter the Black Portal it will get another two  powers revealed. Whatever it is at that point is up the the GM.

The item must be valued at under 3000gp initially and I must ok the initial choice.

And in my game mundane items do count if your in the bowls of the dungeons and such you can't count of replacement gear at least cheaply. The halfling merchant charged double book rates for everything so a days hard rations cost 2sp, a light healing potion 300gp and the like. Other trades can occur but can be spartan at best to get them.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Are you okay whit that my Heavy Steel Shield is treated to be +1 shield both as giving +1 to AC as normal enchanted shield and also treated as +1 weapon when I perform shield slam whit it? In total the shield would 3,000gp (1,000gp for armor boost and 2,000gp for weapon based enchant which must be placed differently onto shield). If it is not okay I take the +1 enchant onto my bastard sword.

Natalie C. Barney

Well if you want a magic Mercurial Blade +1 you can still have it and it will get two added powers but that's up to me later on for those.  ;D

For a shield it would be +1 to either its DB or as a Weapon. Then add two powers later on of the GM's choice.  ;D

Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Oh! Great! I change my sheet again to include the Mercurial Longsword :D. I think it is nice boost to everyone to able pick single magic item (can evolve background story around it if person likes). My swords story is that traditionally kings of the kingdom where Merendiel (my char's dead wife) comed from traditionally were traiend in use of massive greatsword or massive sized one handed sword (it is regarding to some old folk lore how kingdom was founded by man whit big heavy sword and then defended by man whit big and heavy one handed sword).

Natalie C. Barney

Now to break out a dozen rust monsters in the first dungeon room- just kidding.  ;D
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Natalie C. Barney

Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

Am still working on a cleric here.. trying to think up a background for her. It's forming itself slowly. :/ Will be done soon. :)

Natalie C. Barney

I suggest having various healers symbols and runes on her clothes- it is some defense some monsters and humans in my games some won't kill healers they are too useful especially if attached to the Gray Temple as in N or LN (they being unaligned are often not killed on sight by even members of the Black Temple). There are other benefits to having a White Temple Cleric though ike getting along well with good monsters and the like.

For DOMAINS choose any you like including new ones from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. Pick carefully.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

May I take an Amulet of Natural Armour +1 and have that double as a holy symbol as well as the magical item? :) I'll pay extra for the symbol but it's supposed to be etched with the symbol of her temple.

Backstory is up, though it's not too good; character desc as well, but not yet character detail.
http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=13345 (Mellina Syn'avari, female NG half-elven cleric of the Grey Temples)

Also, what kind of domains are in the forgotten realms campaign setting? I'm not sure what the new ones are.. the FRCS I have is like 3 years old. :P

Natalie C. Barney

Well one good one is renewal if you drop below 0 hit points you heal damage once per day and offers some healing and some other spells like Charm Person.

Another I suggest is Healing naturally.

Sure the Amulet can be a holy symbol. No extra charge.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

This one? http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_Renewaldomain&alpha=

Okie dokie, I will take Renewal if so, plus.. mm, not sure healing is the right second domain. I was actually thinking of taking Good, or Protection, but.. still wishy-washy with this one.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Healing Doain is bit clueless to have because you are good cleric and so you can spontaneously heal us anyway. Only difference is that you cast spells in healing school by +1. If you revere a Sun elf god, then Sun domain would be good domain, it gives access to nice fire spells and also you are able destroy undead very effectively if we face such. But Protection domain is very good also ;). Also your fascination to magic could reason for having Magic domain. Anycase would our DM Mistress allow my char take levels as Knight Protector? A PrC introduced in Complete Warrior and in Swod&Fist there are some info (but I think Complete Warrior is updated one).

Natalie C. Barney

She is neutral and it takes an extra round to convert the spell long enough for you to die from shock or bleeding out so I always recommend taking a few healing spells so they can be used quickly.

Game link pist in the Town of Maze you each get 50 gp in credit at the town merchants and recreation areas. Kind of a slip you had and they mark it off what they took off.

You are on the same ship so at least know each other and likely decided to talk about joining forces. You can enter the upper dungeon the Maze when you are ready to go.

elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=223.0
Natalie Clifford Barney

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, I asumed that Good clerics can spontaneously convert any spell what they know whit full round action (not taking two rounds). But you cna also NORMALY memorize healing spells so you cna take one as emergency but I recomend domains whcih give access to spells what are not normaly in cleric spell list and give significant domain special ability. Magic domain would allow our cleric use arcane based scrolls and wands like she is half of her level as cleric a level in arcane spellcaster ;). Plus Spel Turning is handy trick and so is Identify spell.

Purple

I usually go for the Magic domain as well when I play a cleric for the same reasons as stated by Zaer.  Just my worthless two cents.  :)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, besides miss-spell errors I also recomend the Sun domain for char background reasons. But Magic and Renewal is god and Renewal can be life safer in dungeon and also Renewal gives wide access to many curing spells (not healing much). Anycase I toughted that my char could enter knight protector around 9lvl (the PrC haves +8 BAB demand) becuase he belongs to the order already (and so tutorlaged from young age) and it is only during that time he 'learns' do the tricks of the order.

Muse

Would you allow Spectacles of Intilect +2?  I suppose that's a bit much. 

Then there's my favorite combo, ring of Sustenence and Warmth, whichi is also 4,000.  ::sigheS:: 

Natalie C. Barney

Well pick a Ring of Warmth and who knows all items will add two powers after The Maze and you enter the Black Door (and can't get out of the dungeon).

And where is a character going to learn PrC I would likely only allow the Racial Paragons because those seem not to require training.

Converting the spell does take one round its cast at the start of the second before anything else but remember you may be in a combat situation it may not be prudent to do that. And the Cleric will be vulnerable its usually wise to at least take a few 0 level Cure Minor Wounds to stop bleeding and shock but a wand could do that cheaply.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

I'll make my own domain!

Just kidding. I think I might take Sun even though my sheet currently says Healing (I won't be able to change that till I get home), though.. still waiting on DM to disapprove on a background thing, but I'll be in and up to speed soon. :)

You all are making life hard for Nat! :)

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 12:48:32 PM
You all are making life hard for Nat! :)

I'm a good girl, I am.   ;)

Seriously, I hope I haven't done anything wrong...please tell me if I have.

Natalie C. Barney

i could send you into the Red Dragon Gaunlet you all don't mind fighting an old red dragon in single combat at 1st level do you?  :D

Your background is fine doesn't matter that much its not much more than a massive multi-level dungeon crawl with lost cities, magic doorways to pocket dimensions and horror you can only imagine.

Even meet a twisted gnome necromancer- gnome technology and the dead- mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

(just kidding about the Red Dragon for now-  ;))

Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

Yeah, I just wanted to be a twink and keep the purple hair. *evil grin*
And I don't mind an old dragon as long as he's like, walking sticks and all, you know.
Good to milk a senile dragon who thinks he's a hobgoblin or something, for xp. :)

But I like the premise of this maze, mmmmm.

And ooh hey, spoilers! *takes notes*

Edit: Purple: I meant Muse and Zaer and their trying to get toys. :)

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 01:15:55 PM
Edit: Purple: I meant Muse and Zaer and their trying to get toys. :)

Good, thanks!  :)   Hmmmm...I like toys, I didn't think of that...  ;)

And if you purple hair...can I have a purple sword!?  :)  hehe   just kidding

Ellyssa

Nah, we don't need toys, we just use theirs. :) And oops! to the hair.. umm.. it's amethyst.. you can have an amethyst sword? :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on May 11, 2006, 12:25:18 PM
And where is a character going to learn PrC I would likely only allow the Racial Paragons because those seem not to require training.

Well, according what I read about Knight Protector organization, it is not anysort of organization first of all. It is more of cluster of inviduals who 'long the old days of honor and chivalry' and all follow the Code of Conduct of Knight Protector (which is near identical to Knight's code but it is formed in form of poem). There is no trials of tests, nor admissions nor any mentor relationships, merethat someone declares that he is Knight Proctector and taking the code of conduct behavior is enough to qualify for the PrC.

Also most all Knight Protectors believe to be last remaining members of dying ancient knight order but no one recalls exactly what the order was, but anycase alingment restriction is LG or LN. So many paladins and ex-paladins take path of Knight Proctector.

So I add that my char was raised by the order, or really one member of Knight Proctectors and he had always idealized them and their code but he feels yet unworthy and non-tested yet to declare himself as Knight Proctector (he lacks +8 BAB, Mounted Combat, Cleave and Greater Cleave feats to qualify).

So it could be said my char can be even now be Knight Proctector by name but if he wants to become one, he should follow the codes of chilvary and honor MORE carefully than ordinary knight.

Natalie C. Barney

I've decide as of now no Prestige Classes will be available at all. Its not to be mean its just less I have to worry about.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 01:32:35 PM
Nah, we don't need toys, we just use theirs. :) And oops! to the hair.. umm.. it's amethyst.. you can have an amethyst sword? :)

That's a kind of purple. :)  Any purple is wonderful.  :)  I actually have lots of amethyst around my house...go figure.  :)  I'm a spelunker, hobby geologist and I love purple...  :)

Zaer Darkwail

I would strongly disagree, some classes may be, well, colorless and some cases weaker whitout anysort of PrC available. But I can understand if you want limit them stirctly to core + racial paragon classes, but I could provide full info of the Knight Protector PrC if that is the case. Examples of plain classes which would be weaker whitout PrC are examply sorcerrors, a plain pure sorcerror is weaker than wizard of similar level in many ways (if we use strictly core one). Paladins do nto get anything special after 10lvl and many would multiclass by then or earlier.

DMG provides many PrC which do not need stirct training to become a one, examply Mystic Theurge I have hard time to imagine to specifically 'train' to be Mystic Theurge. The virtue of multiclassing alone is enough to qualify for the class. Archmage is good PrC for sorcerrors and Dragon Dicipline also (I asume there are dragons in the Maze what wanna be Dragon Dicipline can study).

Yoou could rule that we must provide any non-core PrC either a link or PM full details of the PrC for approval and no one cannot take more than one PrC examply.

Ellyssa

Quote from: Purple on May 11, 2006, 02:10:37 PM
That's a kind of purple. :)  Any purple is wonderful.  :)  I actually have lots of amethyst around my house...go figure.  :)  I'm a spelunker, hobby geologist and I love purple...  :)

Nice, I like! :) Explains the name, then, hehe!

Purple

You should see me email and msn/yahoo addys then.   ;D

The only color better than purple is Cardinal red.

St. Louis Cardinals!  woot!  Kicking butt!  Yeah!  :)  Sorry, I get a little carried away...we've won our last two...  :)

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 11, 2006, 02:15:05 PM
I would strongly disagree, some classes may be, well, colorless and some cases weaker whitout anysort of PrC available. But I can understand if you want limit them stirctly to core + racial paragon classes, but I could provide full info of the Knight Protector PrC if that is the case. Examples of plain classes which would be weaker whitout PrC are examply sorcerrors, a plain pure sorcerror is weaker than wizard of similar level in many ways (if we use strictly core one). Paladins do nto get anything special after 10lvl and many would multiclass by then or earlier.

DMG provides many PrC which do not need stirct training to become a one, examply Mystic Theurge I have hard time to imagine to specifically 'train' to be Mystic Theurge. The virtue of multiclassing alone is enough to qualify for the class. Archmage is good PrC for sorcerrors and Dragon Dicipline also (I asume there are dragons in the Maze what wanna be Dragon Dicipline can study).

Yoou could rule that we must provide any non-core PrC either a link or PM full details of the PrC for approval and no one cannot take more than one PrC examply.

PrC are OPTIONAL I don't have to allow any at all. I already gave and gave a magic item to everyone you were going to get one when you entered the dungeon proper anyway, after the Maze. And in my game Sorcerors have advantages some monsters are smart enough to go after a Wizards spellbooks in the field and that does not mean theft an orc might Great Axe the backpack with the book in it. A sorceror doesn't have to worry about that.

I'll consider allowing a PrC option for now.

Oh please post in the Mandatory OOC thread in the game location I put one up.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darthninja

So are there any openings left, and how exactly does one join a game here?
"The Force is strong with this one."

- Darth Vader

Natalie C. Barney

We can fit in one more, go to the link previously for the game sheet site use the 32 point buy OR roll 4d6 (drop lowest and place where you want) you can reroll one stat if you want but MUST keep the roll. [Check with me first.]

Roll at invisiblecastle.com if you want to do that.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

And to join a game, you just do what you did.. state interest. Privately or publically in a thread alike. Doesn't always work out, but the GMs won't know if you don't try. Harder to join the games that have already started for a long time though, but then again they're not always closed either. :)

Darthninja

Okay.  Will do.  Quick question though.  In the beginning I saw something about playing a race that's LA +3.  Does that mean that if I play a Human I can be 4rth level, since that would balance out a LA +3 character?

- Darth Vader

Ellyssa

In this particular thread? Sorry, where? I could well have missed it though, a bit feather-brained, but didn't see. :) I think she's only allowing standard races/classes for the most part, and all at level 1. So we need to bully some goblins first. :)

(But in answer to your question, it means a level 1 of a LA+3 race is equiv to a level 4 human, yup.)

Purple

I think Ellyssa is correct, I don't remember seeing that for this game.  *hugs Darthninja*

Darthninja

Eh.  Different game.  I'm still used to RPOL.  Stupid server problem-thiny they were having. 

- Darth Vader