The Freight Crew: A Dystopian Future. (A Freeform RP. 5-6 players) no spots open

Started by FluidOne, August 23, 2022, 09:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluidOne

Rules:
~This is going to be LGBTQ+ friendly

~Keep OOC and IC separate.

~If OOC drama starts off, your character may be killed off, and you kicked from the group.

~Be respectful.

~The game will go in Extreme for the sake of gore and kink freedom.

~This is a story focused game. Sex may be involved as players grow more intimate, or as we grow bonds with NPC's

~Try to avoid mary-sue'ing or meta gaming.

~PC's must be 18 or older. Freighter crews do not hire minors.

~If your character dies in-story, that doesn't mean you're necessarily out of the game, freighter crews will always need a replacement.

~If you decide to leave mid story, that's fine, I only ask that you stay long enough for us to write you out of the story, else if it's an emergency, or something comes up, I understand, and I will take over your character until they have been written out. Additionally, if you need a hiatus, or simply lack the muse to reply, you're welcomed to have someone else play your role, or in the event that we're at a good stopping point, we can write in a reason that your character would take a temporary leave themselves, this way we're not restricted from continuing, and the flow of the story doesn't have to come to a screeching halt.

~While I will primarily serve as a mod to the game, meaning that I would have final ruling, this is a group RP, meaning that if we all agree on a story beat, we can drive the RP in that direction. We're writing a story together here :)

The World

It's been centuries since the world was as we know it today. Long ago, it was as if mother nature herself decided to attack man-kind. Animals began to mutate, turning into massive, vicious monsters, many of them unrecognizable from their predecessors. No one knew why it happened, many called it god's wrath. Scientists blamed nuclear radiation. Conspiracy nuts blamed scientists. In the end, no one knew exactly what had caused the changes, or why. People escaped into bunkers, and in the span of a few months, more than 99% of the human population was either killed, or lost.

Once in the bunkers, resources began to dwindle. What was expected to last only a short time, soon became something that all expected to never end... so mankind did as it always did. It persevered. The bunkers began to expand as mankind dug in, forming vast, city-sized tunnel systems. Some risked their lives, running out into the world to find food, water, and materials. Some bunkers were successful, they grew crops, they began to populate the space they made for themselves, they began to make this new world home. Some failed, simply starving and dying off...

Eventually, mankind began to make contact with other bunkers, either by coincidental meetings on the surface, or by radio contact. Granted, not every meeting was a peaceful one, some had resorted to cannibalism, some had grown overly weary. Even still communication was made. trade routes were planned. Civilization started to take shape.

In time, mankind found a real footing, growing more organized in their new underground lives, even advancing beyond what they'd had in the past, this became the new normal. Even as the skyscrapers above crumbled and became overgrown with flora, as maps withered and faded, as the monster grew in population and thrived, mankind found peace with this new life. Freighter crews became essential, transporting supplies, information, and at times, serving as caravans to bring people between bunkers.

Being on a freighter crew is a dangerous job, but many look up to freighters, dream of becoming part of a crew, though perhaps just as many fear the possibility of being sent into the sunlight.

The Crew

A freighter crew is made up 6 individuals

There is Security Detail, where my character would be placed. Security is in charge, obviously, of protecting the crew, and less obviously, the heavy lifting. Security is equipped with a pair of cell-charged power-gauntlets, giant fists capable of lifting tons of weight and delivering brutal, bone-crushing blows. They would be too heavy to lift were it not for the Tech armor worn over the body-suit worn by security detail, allowing them to actually lift and use to either fight of threats, or load up the truck.

There is a mechanic, Heinakori's role, who's job it is to keep things running. The mechanics are savants when it comes to their crew's gear. They know the in's and out's of the truck. They know how to take apart and put together a fuel cell, gun, or gauntlet with their eyes closed. Though not combat focused, they are not unarmed either, with their choice of light weapon and of course a handy knife.

Next comes a Cartographer, MetroFallout's role. Their job is to keep the maps of the land updated. Ever since humanity was driven underground, the surface has changed drastically. Who knows how much the world differs from the aged, rotted maps of the old-world. They must keep paths up to date, and mark any new land marks along the way. They're often the one's guiding the trip, and often the reason the crew may come to a stop, should they deem the next area too dangerous at any particular time of year, or if the team should rest before carrying on. They are typically equipped with a medium weapon, and a means of communicating through a bunker network using a radio.

Essential to any crew is a pilot, Keyotess's role. The pilot's job is straight forward. They take the helm and drive the truck. They make sure they dont get the truck stuck, and they man the armaments of the vehicle. Straight forward as ever. They are equipped with a light weapon, typically within arm's reach, and of course, any weapon mounted to the truck.

Finally, of the primary crew, is the Lookout, Craigmore's role, who's job is to keep an eye out for any dangerous not seen from the armored cab of the truck. They're the least protected, being that their place in the truck is in a sort of bird's nest atop the cab, with little armor plating around them, but they are essential to spotting oncoming, unexpected threats, whether that be a storm, a monster, or a hidden bunker. They're equipped with their own choice of weapon, whether they choose heavy, medium, or light, as long as they can lift it into the bird's nest, it's free game.

Let's not forget the crew's apprentice, Levi's role. While not officially part of the primary crew, every freighter crew has an apprentice shadowing one of the 5 primary roles so that they may join another freighter crew when they're fully trained. While not a permanent addition to any crew, their term lasts until their trainer decides they have learned enough. This role is a versatile one, yet a novice one. Who knows where the crew's apprentice will shine!

Not necessarily a part of the crew, but an essential piece of equipment, is the crew's truck. The truck itself is akin to an armored, flat-bed tank, with a cabin large enough for 5 members, plus a ladder to get into the bird's nest. each seat for the 5 members within the cabin is large enough for each to fold down their chair to sleep, and to have room for personal miscible. It's not uncommon for crew members to personalize their space in any given truck with family photos, small cooling units for snacks and drinks, work areas, since each space is roughly the size of an office cubicle, with the smallest space being reserved for the apprentice, and the largest for the pilot, given the control board in front of them, taking up much of their space. The trucks are outfitted with weapons based on the pilot's design, with the truck itself having space for two front-mounted weapons, and one bed-mounted weapon, though many crews leave off the bed-mounting, so that they can have room for freight.

--------------------------------------------------

If you're interested in joining the game, post here, post the role you'd play in the crew, and tell us a little about why you'd join the Freighter crew. If you'd like you can have some fun with it and make it like your character's resume lol. :) I'm excited to hear from you!

keyotess

Planting a flag of interest while I think about who I want to be. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

hazelnut

Noting interest. Provisional character idea is either: Security, playing an actually surprisingly petite character whose strength is massively boosted by the power gauntlets and tech exoskeleton armour; or, if that idea doesn't work, then the Lookout, as a sprightly far-seeing sniper.

FluidOne

Quote from: hazelnut on August 24, 2022, 08:47:17 AM
Noting interest. Provisional character idea is either: Security, playing an actually surprisingly petite character whose strength is massively boosted by the power gauntlets and tech exoskeleton armour; or, if that idea doesn't work, then the Lookout, as a sprightly far-seeing sniper.
I hope it's okay, but I was already planning on playing the security role, sorry if that leaves you disinterested lol.

hazelnut

Quote from: Saitama on August 24, 2022, 09:24:50 AM
I hope it's okay, but I was already planning on playing the security role, sorry if that leaves you disinterested lol.
Not a problem! Pencil me in for Lookout and I'll think up a character idea.

If pencils exist in the post-apocalypse.

MetroFallout

I am somewhat interested, more so for the exploration of a wasted land aspect than anything. I am wondering what exactly is a light weapon and how heavy do those get.

FluidOne

Quote from: MetroFallout on August 24, 2022, 09:48:37 AM
I am somewhat interested, more so for the exploration of a wasted land aspect than anything. I am wondering what exactly is a light weapon and how heavy do those get.
I'd call a light weapon anything you can reasonably wield in one hand. You wouldnt call a rifle a light weapon, because you need the second to steady it, right? If you can reasonably wield it with one hand, and have it on your person, that's a pass. Of course, if there's a point of contention when it comes to determining a light weapon, we can discuss as a group, it only makes sense that we're all on the same page. :) Feel free to take some creative liberties though, were not at like... star wars or star trek levels of tech, but we have some decent advancements.

MetroFallout

Quote from: Saitama on August 24, 2022, 09:55:03 AM
I'd call a light weapon anything you can reasonably wield in one hand. You wouldnt call a rifle a light weapon, because you need the second to steady it, right? If you can reasonably wield it with one hand, and have it on your person, that's a pass. Of course, if there's a point of contention when it comes to determining a light weapon, we can discuss as a group, it only makes sense that we're all on the same page. :) Feel free to take some creative liberties though, were not at like... star wars or star trek levels of tech, but we have some decent advancements.

Would you consider an SBR a "light" weapon or is that more medium?

MetroFallout

Tentatively, I'd like to pick Cartographer. Seems like a character who could get up to a lot.

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

FluidOne

Quote from: keyotess on August 24, 2022, 01:27:59 PM
Okay, I will go with Pilot. :)
rock on <3 we need one more to really start, or 2 if our crew will have an apprentice

Heinakori

O/O

FluidOne

Quote from: Heinakori on August 24, 2022, 02:38:50 PM
Fine, I can take the mechanic part.  O8)
Rock on, that makes our 5 main crew members! We have our minimum to start. We'll determine our OOC chat method, make our characters, and start our game up! We still have room for one more optional role if anyone else slips on, but awesome!

Levi

I'm interested in this, the apprentice role sounds appealing to me if still available
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated