⸻♚ sᴛᴏʀɪᴇs ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ɪɴ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴋ ♚⸻{f x m}{story ideas}{high fantasy}

Started by paperdoll, September 20, 2019, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paperdoll

Hello, everyone. And welcome to my accumulation of story ideas and plots. I prefer F x M pairings with me writing for the female character. I'm super into high fantasy, dark fantasy and sword and sorcery. I love sci-fi as well but I have no current plots or ideas right now to explore. I write multiple paragraphs ( 3 or more ) in third person in active voice or passive voice. I value good grammar and spellings, adequate descriptions and details, collaboration and most importantly, storytelling skills. You can take a look at my Ons and Offs if you like but that post is kind of outdated. TL;DR I prefer story focused, collaborative partners, and though smut is a part of my stories, it is in no way the main focus. I'm really not interested in forcing the characters into a sex scene when there's no chemistry, attraction, and tension between them at all. I'd like for any such interaction to be naturally wanted by the characters. I'm also not interested in Dom/Sub relationships. I like for the characters to clash, to struggle for power.

Please note, that my posting availability is somewhere from once a week to once a month. I would like to take a moment to say that I'm very selective when it comes to choosing who I write with. Please, don't take offense if I feel like we don't click well as writing partners.

⸻⸻⸻

♚- STARTCROSSED:
craving

Silas Cynfael (post-possession)
  I would like to continue an existing story. It's not too far into the main storyline and had only just begun when my writing partner had to take his leave from E due to personal issues. We can, of course, start it from scratch if that seems best. The plot is as follows:

Preface: This story, a story of two star-crossed lovers, starts in an original high fantasy setting, namely within Tesaryn's capital, Bonyth. Many centuries ago, Tesaryn came into existence as a realm that openheartedly welcomed members of every race.  It was originally a part of the Wild Lands and was considered only as a region of said lands, but it flourished and expanded under the rule of its great uniter far too quickly than its sister territories. Through trade, businesses and war, it gained so much prominence in the known world that it had to be recognized as a kingdom. The infant years of this new country weren't easy, as the Yessian refused to acknowledge these 'savages' as their neighbors and rivals. The main reason why Yessia, a militant state across the ocean, was so hostile towards Tesaryn was that Bonyth had become a significant hub of trade that directly came into competition with Yessian ports. Yessia had a significant fleet at their disposal and sailed it across the ocean to invade Tesaryn. The war lasted for over five years and both kingdoms suffered immense losses. The leaders of Tesaryn offered a truce as a desperate maneuver, and to their great surprise, Yessia accepted. Tesaryn didn't just have to deal with the Yessians, but with their own former kin as well. The folk of the Wild Lands were---to put it mildly---pissed as all hell at the advent of civilization in Tesaryn and the abandoning of the old ways. For now, the war with the savages has been quelled to skirmishes ever since the Battle of Elahari, but make no mistake, it still wages on.

As Tesaryn's relation with Yessia grew somewhat 'friendly'---as friendly as it could get---Yessia opened a line of trade and travel. They sent their acolytes to Tesaryn, to preach the Xykshi (a religion revolving around a god and extremism against magic and magical entities) beliefs, and among these acolytes were the preachers of the Red Circle, an extremist syndicate dedicated to the 'purification' of the world. The Xykshi beliefs were already somewhat extreme when it came to magic and magical creatures but the Red Circle is a syndicate based on the most radical values possible. They hunt mages and creatures associated with magic in any way, to any place, refusing to acknowledge borders, law or morality. Their word began to spread throughout Tesaryn during the times when the humans and the common folk felt downtrodden, and those blessed by magic prospered. They were thought bigger, better, stronger---efficient at nearly everything. So you can imagine how easy it must've been for the Red Circle to sink its claws into Tesaryn's society. Ultimately, a time came when these simmering beliefs led to mass slaughter. The Red Circle templars were allowed to enter Tesaryn unrestricted. As they made their way through Tesaryn, they stomped out the lives of mages and magical creatures---sentient or otherwise---like the sparks of a dying fire. They have strongholds at notable locations within Tesaryn and they recruit the local people to serve their order within the kingdom. One of these, called the Red Cathedral, is in the capital, Bonyth. It's the only place which the high command of the Red Circle visits, and when he comes, the pyres burn brighter than ever. Many mages and creatures have chosen to migrate from Tesaryn, either to the Wild Lands or past the ocean to different continents.
But some choose to remain, though their lives are no better than those of criminals or outcasts. They remain in hiding, never daring to walk the streets of Bonyth in broad daylight.

Main Plot: Silas Cynfael is the High Commander of the Queen's Guard, young, ambitious, ingenious yet honorable. A war-hero. He's sought after, swooned over and envied within the Court of Tesaryn. Among the ranks of the Queen's Guard, he's respected, worshipped even, and upon the streets, in the gutters and tunnels of Tesaryn, his name invokes fear. This is why it is so hard to believe when the Crown Prince, Aedan De'lacraux, is kidnapped from right under Silas Cynfael's nose. Silas doesn't rest, he tears the city apart, when there's no luck, a reward is put out. And then a week later, a dark-haired girl saunters through the palace gates, claiming to know the location of the Crown Prince. This girl, Hawke, she calls herself, provides the Queen's Guard with information on the kidnappers and their hideout---after she's promised the proffered reward. Silas is suspicious of her and has a strong feeling that she has a hand behind the Prince's disappearance, and forces her to accompany him and his men to the location she's provided. He finds the prince, the kidnappers too, and the situation quickly accelerates to violence. During this skirmish, Silas discovers Hawke's best-kept secret; she's a mage. Now he faces a dilemma, she's a criminal, he's convinced of that but she's also a mage---a mage who has been suppressing her powers since childhood. Perhaps, he would have no trouble in turning her over to the Red Circle, were he not a mage himself.

Expectations: I have really high expectations from this story, as it involves one of the most important characters of my original world. I expect collaboration in world-building, and will willingly give you much freedom to fashion Silas to your preferences, as long as they don't directly conflict with my interests or the developed lore of this world. I would appreciate if you're willing to play at least one NPC to support the story. I have few dark twists and turns in mind, the most important of which is; Silas dies because of Hawke's tinkering with blood magic and demonic arts. He dies, trying to save her from a demonic entity that attempts to attack her, and is possessed by it as a result. He rampages through the city, destroying and killing and slaughtering. During another confrontation with Hawke, she accidentally kills him while defending herself. But this is nothing more than a turning point of the story, it gets darker and wilder. For now, however, the story will focus on developing the dynamic between Hawke and Silas, exploring their connection and building the world around them.

♚- The Grace-Fallen:
craving

The craigy shore of the Isle of Mists.

Preface: The Kingdom of Yessia, teetering on a dangerous line between monarchy and theocracy, is one of the greatest empires of the eastern hemisphere. Whatever the qualms amidst its higher powers, they have two things in common; they're drunk on ruthless ambition, and that they would have magic eradicated from the face of the mortal plane. Humans have the unchecked urge to be on top of the food chain, to be the rulers, they strife to achieve that---even if all the world's the price. The world, in its infancy, was dominated by creatures that crossed onto it through occasional tears, exiled creatures from another realm searching for a new home. Most of these creatures were beastly, but they brought in their blood, what would become the bane of this world---magic. When human life began and evolution played its hand, the magi emerged as the dominant race. Sentient beings---humans---tied to the magical realms. Taint or blessing, call it what you will. The ancient magi ruled the eastern hemisphere almost entirely from the timeless Kingdom of Aceia, spanning all the way from the east to most of the habitable regions of the north. In the present times, their glory is but a faint echo of what it once was, and their great kingdom seen in patches of ruins, most of them lost somewhere beneath the Saphire Sea. The fall of Aceia is one of the ancient mysteries historians and archeologists often tackle, there's simply no record of it as if Aceia was just wiped off of the face of the world in a heartbeat. Most historians theorize that it must've been a natural cataclysm, that the earth would've shifted drastically. But even in that case, there were likely to be some survivors out of those millions of Aceians. Yessia dubs the ancient civilization of mages as a corrupted kingdom, which according to their religious texts, was purged by their god.

Racial inequality, mass genocide, extremist agendas---these are some of the terms that define Yessia. For a human, it can be a land of opportunities, provided he adjust his worldviews according to the Xykshi(the dominant religion of Yessia) beliefs. But for any other race or any creature even associated with magic in some way, it can be complete hell. The Red Circle is a syndicate consisting of 'witch-hunters' and templars, an extension of the Yessian army working for the Xykshi Council. After the civil war, when Yessia began to rise from its own ashes, the Red Circle came into being as a defense against magic and magical creatures, but since then, it has grown far beyond that, both in power and in influence.

Note: I have more lore, but I'd rather only share it with my writing partner.

Main Plot: Nikolai Rai'zel, also known as the 'Fallen Prince' across the Saphire Sea and its connecting harbors, is a mercenary pirate---he would prefer 'privateer'---filling his coffers by swindling both, Yessia and Tesaryn, and really, anyone else he can get his hands on. Nikolai's supposed title comes from tall tales, adjacent to several myths. One of the stories goes, that he is the prodigal son of the Sea Goddess, Ursula, who banished him to the surface as punishment for attempting a coup. Another says, that a hydra queen fell in love with him. He rejected her and so she cursed him. Now he's chained to the waters until the day he dies or returns to her. Several other similar tales are associated with his name, but of course, none of these are true. He hails from the western tribal lands, son to a powerful warlord(she prefers to be called 'warlord') who did, indeed, banish him for attempting a coup. In truth, Nikolai Rai'zel is only a clever man with a ship, a company and a hell lot of ambition. But an ambition for what? That is a mystery to everyone but those who know Nikolai, personally. As a privateer, he has contracts with both Tesaryn and Yessia, each paying him to work against the other. The gold and the loot he acquires, adds to his treasure---a treasure meant to fund an army and build resistance in the tribal lands to overthrow his mother.

Nikolai takes on a variety of challenges, treasure hunting, smuggling, raiding, what have you. The only trade he doesn't want anything to do with is the slave trade. He comes across a delirious old man, found rambling about "Nikolai's destiny" hidden underwater near the Isle of Mists, a barren, inhabited island surrounded by dangerous waters that were said to be poisoned by the magic of Aceian ruins. Something about the old man's words convinces Nikolai to consider that he might be telling the truth. After all, how lucky would he be if he found some priceless artifact that he could sell to the highest bidder? Or better yet, what if he found gold and jewels? And so, ever the glutton for adventure and success, he sets sail to hunt this unknown prize.

After sailing through storms, braving countless dangers and losing some of his best men, Nikolai finally finds the object, as pointed by the old man. When he opens it, he doesn't find any artifact, or gold, or jewels. But a woman. And not a corpse on, a breathing, living woman, entombed inside the sarcophagus. To put it mildly, Nikolai loses his shit. At first, he considers tossing her into the ocean but then reconsiders, hoping that maybe she knew something that could lead him to the actual treasure. So he waits for her to wake---not even certain that she will---but if she does, he would interrogate her, and he would get something out of this for his troubles, no matter what.

Expectations: There's a lot more to this. I have really high expectations from this story, as it involves two of the most important characters of my original world. I expect collaboration in world-building, story writing and character development. I want a writing partner, not an audience. Nikolai's story has a lot of gaps, that you may fill yourself, as long as they don't directly conflict with my interests or the developed lore of this world. I would appreciate if you're willing to play at least one NPC to support the story. PM me if you're interested, and we can see where it goes from there.

⸻⸻⸻

MORE SOON TO COME.

paperdoll

paperdoll

Bumping this because I've got some time on my hands and am looking to get back into some writing! Open to other high fantasy story ideas.