Kunoichi vs. Mahou Shoujo II (Not a reboot... a sequel!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, July 04, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kittmolly

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on July 10, 2018, 10:13:20 PMTo be quite honest, this is like 90% new territory for the veterans of the first RP so don't sweat it too much if you're worried about being out of the loop.
Ah, well then I will try not to ^^

I haven't gotten to hammer out a character sheet yet, but my conceptual mishmash I'm currently working with is of a magical girl, possibly an exchange student from an American MG school if that's okay? I have an image I like for her, I was thinking that her hairpin would be her trinket that enables her transformations and her Arts(?) would revolve around her sword, perhaps allowing her to fire beams of light when she slashes. (Link from LoZ-style) She's ambitious and wants to prove herself, but I don't see her actually being particularly powerful. The discrepancy between her opinion of herself/her abilities and her actual success rate in accomplishing her goals/resisting demons tends to be glaring. I don't know what year I want her to be yet. I'm going to keep working on it and will have a sheet done soon.

Premier

Cool picture!

Arts aren’t a specific thing I just used it because I liked the sound of it. Magical girls, how do they work? Nobody knows.

Gardsorm

I think I started a trend with the whole Arts thing, so if anyone wants to break that, please feel free. =p I just did it to keep Blake's skillset uniform.

Avalon29

Name: Yasu Fukui
Cup Size: B

Hobbies: People watching, obsession with furry things, watching animal videos, rolling around being bored, and gaming
Discipline: Ninjutsu
Year: 2nd Year technically
Club: Survival Game club, Mechanics club (Namely as a test subject and for free repairs occasionally)

Special Abilities:
Weapon mastery  with a specialty Heavy weapons: There’s not many weapons that she hasn’t used and become at least proficient in. But her preference is for heavier weaponry.
Hammerspace: She has access to hammer space where she stores a wide variety of heavy weaponry that she can pull out at any moment, including a hammer of course.
Cybernetically enhanced body: Her body is enhanced by various cybernetics increase her strength, speed, and other physical attributes as well as boosters to increase her movement speed.

Physical Description: She stands at  5’2 with short brown hair and tan skin. Normally she hides her metal portions unless engaged in combat and instead does her best to look normal.  With long legs despite her size she could be considered cute if it weren’t for her other issues. Outside of fighting she’s usually wearing an overly large hoodies and a skirt, dressing more for comfort rather than style. In combat she wears a simple white, brown, and gold uniform, evoking an almost Egyptian motif.

Biography:  A cyber ninja that was created due to a collaboration of USJF and Sarutobi-Usagi that was meant to be the perfect demon killer with the USJF providing the technology and Sarutobi-Usagi providing the volunteer. A previously failed applicant for the school who willingly volunteered for the project for the chance to be accepted into the school. She didn’t know exactly what she had been signing up for other than a chance to improve and join the school. Still eager to join and have a chance of defending her family and friends she accepted quickly.

The project turned out to be quite successful well physically any way. They managed to create a powerful cybernetic ninja but what came out wasn’t the perfectly obedient tool they had in mind and there were complications. The personality was a bit more twisted then they expected and she didn’t single mindedly follow orders. Some of her original personality remained even if she didn’t remember much of what happened before she had changed.

What came out of the project was not at all ready to fight demons or interact with humans. She was unreasonable, childish, had to be coerced and convinced to do anything that they wanted her to do rather than her own desires. And that was just her personality issues. Unable to control her and with her still learning to control her abilities the scientists quickly realized they still had a lot of work to do.  She was given training and instruction in a variety of weapons and ninja arts. Eventually it was decided that she could no longer grow in isolation and was transferred into an appropriate grade level to interact with others and grow more experienced as a demon hunter.

Character Goals: Obliteration of the demons and exploring her human side.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: schnookums on July 10, 2018, 11:20:03 PM
Ugh, I'm still interested but I just can't think of a character idea

Oof. I know that feeling. D:

Quote from: Avalon29 on July 10, 2018, 11:27:11 PM
Debating between a trio of concepts at the moment and trying to decide between them. An angry/fiery magical girl brawler ala Vita bashing people with a hammer and magical balls/beams or  taking the same personality but make her a healer who really just wants to run around and smash people's faces in but can't because her magic isn't suitable for it or an Ojou (pirate) ninja who utilizes the power of hammerspace and superior firepower. Haven't quite decieded yet.

As long as she's not as loli as Vita. :P Also, there must assuredly be a pirate school or at least a pirate club in the 'Adventure' School.

Quote from: Guancyto on July 10, 2018, 11:30:05 PM
Name:  Joan Morgan
Hobbies:  Baking, reading, prayer, mountain climbing
Discipline: Magical Girl Holy Exorcist
Year:  3rd Year
Club:  Cooking
Cup Size:  B

Yeah 2B's my weakness but you choose the wrong outfit. ;) Tbh, the skirtless outfit is canonical in my brain since I always played with it and it better displays her figure.~

Is... this Joan's grandmother?

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on July 10, 2018, 11:34:34 PM
Here she is!

Name Adelaide Blanchfluer
Hobbies: Reading, sewing, card games, cooking, board games
Discipline: Magical
Year: 1st
Club: Chess Club, Cooking Club, Literature Club

Demons beware! We've got one student who feeds off of their sexual energy and another who feeds off of them literally. :P

Quote from: Gardsorm on July 11, 2018, 12:10:34 AM
Not gonna lie, lightning themed cyborg Henshin Hero sounds kickass. I do like my robot characters. =p

I am really tempted to just have Genos/Raiden as an NPC...

Quote from: Snake on July 11, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
Here's what I've got.  Sorry on format, posting from phone.

Name: Syra Shiran (alias: Lady Syra)
Cup Size: 42F

Hobbies: Reading,  Chess,  Swimming, Combat Training, Tentacling girls,  enslaving girls (has no Interest in guys her age)
Discipline: Former magical girl, now corrupted half-demon
Year: graduated,  Alumnus

So many tentacles this game! I'd be wary of Banishment being used without any restrictions, since it can kind of dramatically change how an RP goes. Same for Evil Eye. The simple solution is that it only works on the weak-minded or player characters when they're sufficiently weakened from other techniques.

Quote from: Kittmolly on July 11, 2018, 01:26:21 PM
Ah, well then I will try not to ^^

I haven't gotten to hammer out a character sheet yet, but my conceptual mishmash I'm currently working with is of a magical girl, possibly an exchange student from an American MG school if that's okay? I have an image I like for her, I was thinking that her hairpin would be her trinket that enables her transformations and her Arts(?) would revolve around her sword, perhaps allowing her to fire beams of light when she slashes. (Link from LoZ-style) She's ambitious and wants to prove herself, but I don't see her actually being particularly powerful. The discrepancy between her opinion of herself/her abilities and her actual success rate in accomplishing her goals/resisting demons tends to be glaring. I don't know what year I want her to be yet. I'm going to keep working on it and will have a sheet done soon.

That's a cute picture. :P A transfer student is fine. If I recall, we had something like a Norse-themed transfer student last time. America does exist and does have supernatural stuff too but they probably do things all kinds of different. The USJF is basically where all the military brats go to anyways.

Quote from: Avalon29 on July 11, 2018, 03:13:03 PM
Name: Yasu Fukui
Cup Size: B

Hobbies: People watching, obsession with furry things, watching animal videos, rolling around being bored, and gaming
Discipline: Ninjutsu
Year: 2nd Year technically
Club: Survival Game club, Mechanics club (Namely as a test subject and for free repairs occasionally)

Tokyo: Become Human

Though I imagine this game, with big honkin' futa dicks, will somehow still be subtler than David Cage...

The USJF is getting a lot more play than I expected it to. :P

Snake

That's kind of what I had in mind for them. I'll edit that into the profile.

Banishment is like her "signature" power but she can only use it on a single person and has to concentrate on keeping them there; if something breaks it they get dumped out unceremonially.

And even though it has a long captive period, it automatically cancels out once it's reached. Perhaps she has to physically take them into it herself?  (which removes her from the goings on outside but leaves a dimensional shimmer/rift that someone else can open to release the captive?)

Premier

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on July 11, 2018, 03:53:43 PM
Yeah 2B's my weakness but you choose the wrong outfit. ;) Tbh, the skirtless outfit is canonical in my brain since I always played with it and it better displays her figure.~

Skirt is canon, it just looks so much better!

Avalon29

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on July 11, 2018, 03:53:43 PM

As long as she's not as loli as Vita. :P Also, there must assuredly be a pirate school or at least a pirate club in the 'Adventure' School.

Tokyo: Become Human

Though I imagine this game, with big honkin' futa dicks, will somehow still be subtler than David Cage...

The USJF is getting a lot more play than I expected it to. :P

Had so many ideas it was hard to choose just one. XD Was going to do the vita thing or the pirate ninja then considered a magical boy or a guy who accidentally got labeled as a kunoichi when joining the school and then remember I had so many mecha musume pictures laying around that I never use. It was a roller coaster. XD

Kittmolly

Name: Elizabeth Tunstall, responds to Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Lizard, "Ell-Bee"
Hobbies: Making and drinking tea, youtube makeup tutorials, reading smutty fanfiction, collecting vibrators
Discipline: Magical Girl
Year: First Year
Cup Size: 32B
Clubs: Literature Club, Chess Club, Drama Club
Trinket: Her Hairpin
Arts: Elizabeth's Hairpin was gifted to her by The Sarutobi-Usagi Megaschool when they recruited her from abroad to study there instead. She might not have accepted had she known the "education" she was about to receive, but the deal got her the Light's Edge Arts, the ability to summon a magic sword and shoot light at things, so it's not all bad. She can use the sword to emit a light that repels weaker demons, and create temporary light barriers by slashing the air. She plans to learn as many new techniques as she can here at the school.
Physical Description: Elizabeth stands 5'4'' with long wavy red hair. She's actually a natural brunette, but she dyed her hair red one afternoon because she wanted to pretend to be a mermaid and it kind of became a thing. She's on the pale side, and rather petite. She tends to dress modestly with long sleeves and wears a lot of green. She often wears a pair of white gloves, especially when drinking tea. Her hairpin allows her to transform, creating a black and white uniform with a flowing white cape, a skirt and long stockings and heeled boots. Plus lots of gold trim.
Biography: Elizabeth first came to the attention of The Sarutobi-Usagi Megaschool's recruiters after she was attacked by a rogue demon that had made its way to America, and survived unscathed; They saw she had potential as a pure soul to be corrupted and offered her a scholarship to come to Japan and become a Magical School Girl like the characters in the smutty fanfiction she writes definitely has no interest in, and she accepted immediately. Her life up to this point has not been terribly eventful, which is a big reason she is so eager to begin her new life at Sarutobi-Usagi.
Goals: Dump her long-distance American boyfriend, fight some demons, become a powerful demon slayer, and with any luck get to live out a few fantasies she won't admit to having.

I like the Arts thing, lol, so I kept it ^^

schnookums

Well, I'll need more time to finish a sheet, but how about a half-dragon magical girl? One who's trying to learn more about her heritage as well as fight off evil and is (of course) completely unaware that she's in fact walking right into ebil's clutches! (Mwahaha?)

I'm just trying to decide which look I like the most, here's the likely candidates:

Dragony!

4a28378f33aeabb6bb82bdccbb796597" border="0 7f0b2e016c2a81437b4af350b7bb4681" border="0 sample_68e1ee97e236e6ae36fb9ba047f83b38" border="0 sample_b5a515ad1e92c3f97cbb0943e5c3188b" border="0 sample_caadf904af41c76882ca290b890f1100" border="0 sample_fc8d3df9742a942eb75dc30b19ff26d1" border="0

<Snipped; underaged images are against the rules. - Staff.>

Gardsorm

I think first, six, and seven look pretty fun to me, moving from top left to bottom right. o=

Also Kitt! I like the sheet a bit, but I just wanted to point out: If that picture is kind of Sayaka from Madoka Magica, she was far too young to be used as an FC. You may wish to find an appropriately of-age character to use as a picture, or you may get visited by the mods to ask you to change the picture. It's happened to myself and a couple of others I know so I just wanted to help you avoid our mistake!

Miss Eleanora

Quote from: schnookums on July 11, 2018, 07:03:34 PM
Well, I'll need more time to finish a sheet, but how about a half-dragon magical girl? One who's trying to learn more about her heritage as well as fight off evil and is (of course) completely unaware that she's in fact walking right into ebil's clutches! (Mwahaha?)

I'm just trying to decide which look I like the most, here's the likely candidates:

Dragony!
4a28378f33aeabb6bb82bdccbb796597" border="0 7f0b2e016c2a81437b4af350b7bb4681" border="0 62de2d8d8ab180436567368c573f0c48" border="0 5400dfabdd537de6abe23f90c1add01b" border="0 d04f0bede0833789edc1c5b5f063640f" border="0 sample_68e1ee97e236e6ae36fb9ba047f83b38" border="0 sample_631e9d2b0a939250d497c1290a79f775" border="0 sample_b5a515ad1e92c3f97cbb0943e5c3188b" border="0 sample_caadf904af41c76882ca290b890f1100" border="0 sample_fc8d3df9742a942eb75dc30b19ff26d1" border="0

Gotta vote for six! ^^

Kittmolly

Quote from: Gardsorm on July 11, 2018, 07:17:05 PMAlso Kitt! I like the sheet a bit, but I just wanted to point out: If that picture is kind of Sayaka from Madoka Magica, she was far too young to be used as an FC. You may wish to find an appropriately of-age character to use as a picture, or you may get visited by the mods to ask you to change the picture. It's happened to myself and a couple of others I know so I just wanted to help you avoid our mistake!
I'm not familiar with Madoka Magica but I just googled it and yeah I totally see it. It's definitely her. This is a bummer. I guess I'll try to find a new one :(

Edit/Well now she's a redhead. c'est la vie.

Miss Eleanora

Quote from: Kittmolly on July 11, 2018, 07:25:53 PM
I'm not familiar with Madoka Magica but I just googled it and yeah I totally see it. It's definitely her. This is a bummer. I guess I'll try to find a new one :(

Edit/Well now she's a redhead. c'est la vie.

Got to say, I really like the new picture. ^^

Gardsorm

Sorry you couldn't use the first image, Kitt. D: But still, the new choice looks awesome. ^^

Yurie

Oooh. She and Hotaru will be best buddies... once Hotaru drops the klutzy act.

Also, Schnookums, I vote for images 6, 7 and 8.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Premier on July 11, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
Skirt is canon, it just looks so much better!

It's not even about her butt! The black and white has so much asymmetry and it highlights her figure~

Quote from: Avalon29 on July 11, 2018, 05:46:35 PM
Had so many ideas it was hard to choose just one. XD Was going to do the vita thing or the pirate ninja then considered a magical boy or a guy who accidentally got labeled as a kunoichi when joining the school and then remember I had so many mecha musume pictures laying around that I never use. It was a roller coaster. XD

If we didn't have a player character with darker skin, I was definitely going to make an NPC. :P I dig the joint project sorta thing too.

Quote from: Kittmolly on July 11, 2018, 06:50:18 PM
Name: Elizabeth Tunstall, responds to Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Lizard, "Ell-Bee"
Hobbies: Making and drinking tea, youtube makeup tutorials, reading smutty fanfiction, collecting vibrators
Discipline: Magical Girl
Year: First Year
Cup Size: 32B
Clubs: Literature Club, Chess Club, Drama Club
Trinket: Her Hairpin

I just realized that I should probably note that the original sheet that I recycled for this game had goals included. Given that this game is a little bit more... nefarious, I realize that it's very possible that players might have goals that don't align with their characters. Namely, that it's quite possible someone's ultimate goal is to see their character corrupted. Not saying that's what you were going for, but it just reminded me. :P

Dragony!
4a28378f33aeabb6bb82bdccbb796597" border="0 7f0b2e016c2a81437b4af350b7bb4681" border="0 62de2d8d8ab180436567368c573f0c48" border="0 5400dfabdd537de6abe23f90c1add01b" border="0 d04f0bede0833789edc1c5b5f063640f" border="0 sample_68e1ee97e236e6ae36fb9ba047f83b38" border="0 sample_631e9d2b0a939250d497c1290a79f775" border="0 sample_b5a515ad1e92c3f97cbb0943e5c3188b" border="0 sample_caadf904af41c76882ca290b890f1100" border="0 sample_fc8d3df9742a942eb75dc30b19ff26d1" border="0

Speaking of Priscilla. :P

I hadn't thought of how actual real firebreathing dragons might be involved in this plot but now that we have two characters related to them by blood- maybe I should. Pretty much I need to know more about her backstory and stuff.

It's my plan to hold off on new applications tonight but I'll still allow concepts to be worked on probably until the weekend so I can figure out how big I want this game to be. If everyone's really good and I can't turn away anyone... I might need another Gm to help.

Snake

Steir

Dragony!
I'd go with 6 or 8.

:3c

Inerrant Lust

In order to prevent the same thing from happening as last time, and I'm really sorry to sort of have to do this to you twice, Snake... characters who are explicitly on the side of Team Evil will be treated more like NPCs than PCs. That is to say, for the sake of me not getting overwhelmed with work, I won't make plotlines that explicitly cater towards them since at this moment, Syra's the only real bad guy in the group. Granted I would love to show some behind the scenes at what the University is really like so I definitely will write scenes that Syra is really the only player who can participate in. The only difference is that I will decide here and now that I shouldn't feel obligated to make these scenes the way I do with the good guy PCs. So you are free to incorporate Syra into other scenes (her classroom, meeting students outside of school, ect.) and of course I'll definitely keep you in mind whenever I need a villain for a scene. :P

Should anyone switch to Team Evil, as a few are already on the fence, this arrangement will be kept. Basically the onus will be on you to insert your characters into the RP- I won't explicitly form groups/teams/scenes designed to pull you in (unless it's like really obvious from a narrative perspective. :P)

I hope that makes sense. Alright, now to the actual applications. We have like 14 characters which, while less than last time's, is still quite large. I was hoping for about half of that but... well... hopefully this time will be easier since instead of juggling two schools and Team Evil, I'll have everyone together in one nice large group. For 'event threads', I'll still probably end up making 3 at a time- groups of 4... but that's very demanding of both my attention and the activity of the players.

In my opinion, if this game gets too sandboxy and appears to lack focus and a cohesive drive towards some sort of plot... we'll probably lose people along the way. I don't want that. The biggest problem with large group games is when two or more players end up, well, posting about 7 pages while you went on a trip over the weekend. It buries everyone else's RPs and can lead to such huge dramatic character developments that you feel like you're lost the next time you interact with them. As before, I'll probably have a few threads open for general RPing like 'Campus', 'Tokyo Streets', 'Dorms' and it's my request that you try to find an empty one. I'll also have a discord, which IC RPing can be done if you prefer but I request the chatlogs be posted up on E mostly for my sake but also so everyone has access to what's 'canon'. I don't personally like to RP over instant messaging but I might use it briefly for very tiny things.

Anyways, everyone who submitted a sheet is in. It was honestly a really hard decision and I am really anxious about having so many people in this again. Schnookums, I'm not ruling you out but I need more info.

We have a discord server! It'll expire in a day so just PM me if you need a reinvite.

https://discord.gg/HrxzM4

The threads on E will come up shortly. I'll make an OOC thread and you can post your sheets there where I'll keep an updated list with links for reference. Next step for me is coming over everyone's Ons/Offs and basically making a note of who probably shouldn't be nudged together in any explicit scenes.... then comes looking over sheets and seeing how I can tie characters together and tie them to the overarching plot at the same time.

OH! Also, this time around, I am going to strive to keep a lot better notes and records of my thoughts and plans so that if I end up having to take on another GM, which is very possible, I won't be doing both the players and the new GM a disservice by foisting on them my mad scrawlings and relationship charts on the wall. Please let me know now if you'd be willing to take on this kind of responsibility sometime in the future.

Phew, sorry for all that rambling.

Snake

Well either way,  I don't mind as the only team evil person, Syra can be around as an authority in the school  and does her sexy fun behind the scenes and shows up if you need a baddie in control to show up.

But! Can I make a good guy so I'm not just lurking like a crocodile or something?

Inerrant Lust

Most of you know the drill by now. Post your character sheets in your first reply to the OOC thread and I will link to it in the original post for everyone's ease of access.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=290757.new#new

The IC threads will soon follow as soon as I figure out a suitable prompt to start them all off. They'll probably take place at different times so huzzah for us starting off with RP time travelling shenanigans right away, huh?

Guancyto

Name Tanabe Raicho
Hobbies: Baseball, Chemistry, Death Metal Karaoke, Collectible Card Game
Discipline: Demon (Mid-Tier)
Position: School Nurse
Club: Runs Toxins and Tonics Club, Baseball Club

Special Abilities:
Disguise Magic - a demonic infiltrator par excellence, her disguises are many and impeccable, the most common of which is her seeming to be nothing but an ordinary medical ninja and innocent school nurse. Of course an ordinary medical ninja is still an expert in both healing and hurting, and an innocent school nurse at a school like Sarusagi is still going to fuck patients senseless now and again, but nevertheless!

Shadow Assimilation - far more than concealment, Raicho is able to melt into ambient shadows or hitch a ride on people's shadows, remaining undetected as she does. Total illumination can force her out, but you'd need to specifically plan to counteract a shadow-walker to do that. She can also manipulate a person's shadows to entrap them, for those troublesome times when there just isn't enough rope.

Absolute Territory: Infirmary - The school's Infirmary is her lair and domain; not only is she aware of everything that happens there and is substantially stronger there, but she can also project a fragment of herself there whenever the need arises. This allows her to fulfill her medical duties while still running clubs, or when yet another group of students has gotten themselves banged up (or just banged) in the middle of the night while she's at home reading.

Hypnosis - A combination of hypnotic power and enhanced persuasion, this can bend others to her will for a time. Especially effective on surprised, weakened or trusting targets. Because the school nurse would never encounter anybody in those sorts of states. Never. Successful hypnosis will also make the target's memories of the time while hypnotized fuzzy but generically pleasant, the better to continue preying on them.

Medical Ninja Arts - Raicho actually did take this cover identity thing seriously, which is why she has the job. She has power over toxins and tonics, and can mend wounds and cure ailments with peerless knowledge. She is actually handy to have around, sometimes!

Blood Weapons - When the chips are down and Raicho actually has to fight, a single drop of blood can be manipulated to create a whole arsenal of melee and throwable weapons. She doesn't have the magical capacity of demonic nobility nor the toughness of demons dedicated to fighting, however, so this is very much a last resort.

Physical Description:

Raicho has red hair and red eyes, which is a completely normal thing for a school nurse to have. She's of average height with some curve to her, and looks almost young enough to be another student. Her nurse's uniform includes thigh-high stockings and a short skirt to show off her perfect skin, as well as a skimpy top that shows off her cleavage and an obligatory and entirely useless hat.

Biography:

Raicho's particular breed of demon uses stealth, seduction and hypnosis to feed on vital fluids, particularly but not exclusively blood. She's not a vampire, and she's very touchy about being called one, despite the fact that she's good at blending into human society and is a seductive bloodsucker. She was one of the premier demons in the invasion of Earth, using her skills to infiltrate and destroy mortal political structures and help pave the way for demonic conquest. This got her in the Demon King's good books, which means she's now got a cushy position just overflowing with nubile, vulnerable students to feed on.

Character Goals: Finally defeat the Demon King in a card game (his deckbuilding skills are too strong), collect student pets