Rebels of Eulevir (Pathfinder Good vs Evil Recruitment open!)

Started by Roleplay Frog, April 20, 2018, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Deva on April 26, 2018, 03:29:14 PM
Right-o, I get it, stick to pathfinder. *chuckles* just pondering.
Though, all pvp has conflict potential. Biggest reason I'll try and skew approval towards what sounds fun to fight with, just erotica-wise as well. ^^

Still want to attract more interests, we have 3 active voices atm... if I could I'd want to double that.

Also, I think each active right now is open to playing either side atm.

Well I might be leaning "Darkon only" now. xD
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Flying Tengu

I'm still around, and keeping a bit of an eye on this!

I'm not too concerned with system, or with fairness, at lest on my end.  What I would like to have my character do:

1)  Get to display at least some competence.  For the rebellion!
2)  Lose, preferably sexily.
3)  Additional sexy times?
4)  Maybe escape and repeat?  Or succumb to a life of endless sexy times?  Will find out!

Is this the right setting, system, and setup for that sort of thing?  And is this the sort of thing that you, as GM, are hoping for?

Roleplay Frog

1)  Get to display at least some competence.  For the rebellion!
2)  Lose, preferably sexily.
3)  Additional sexy times?
4)  Maybe escape and repeat?  Or succumb to a life of endless sexy times?  Will find out!

Is this the right setting, system, and setup for that sort of thing?  And is this the sort of thing that you, as GM, are hoping for?

Yeap pretty much.
Properly roleplayed fights are like Wrestling, you don't look good if you don't help your partner look good too. It'd fine for.. I dunno, a green dragon disciple to laugh off acid-attacks, but I've found that in these games a reputation of being strong.. or weak.. often developes half on accident. You don't really -know- how your build will fare pvp wise. You can try a strong thing, but player builds are so diverse, you got no way of knowing these things.. and its better to build a character based on them growing strong than supposedly being strong, backround wise.

Either way, well, seems there's enough interest ghosting around to certainly try, waiting on them charsheets. *nodnod*

Chulanowa

If you're short on players it might be a good idea to drop the PvP element; I imagine that's losing a lot of interest. Especially combined with rolled stats.  :P

Personally, not particularly interested in a freeform game. having the framework and restrictions of a system to build with is much preferable. Else you end up with one person who's like "I'm an elf ranger, i shoot arrows in the woods" versus "I am Subbulath-N'thar, duchess of the seventh ring of hell in the domain of Bralzammog, I can end entire cities with my hand, lay waste to fields with my gaze, and brutalize the girgins with my forty-inch girlcock!"

(Not that i mind girlcock, but five with eight inches is better than one with forty, yanno?  ;D )

I'm currently leaning towards a rebel bard or skald; myself, I have no interest in running a Darkonite, I've usually been... deeply unimpressed with "evil campaigns" on E. At any rate, whatever i'm doing is going to have stats that look like this...

At 2018-04-28 03:42:25, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
   At 2018-04-28 03:42:13, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
   At 2018-04-28 03:41:59, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 8
   At 2018-04-28 03:41:52, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
   At 2018-04-28 03:41:47, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
   At 2018-04-28 03:41:39, Chula (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 28, 2018, 03:43:12 AM
If you're short on players it might be a good idea to drop the PvP element; I imagine that's losing a lot of interest. Especially combined with rolled stats.  :P

Personally, not particularly interested in a freeform game. having the framework and restrictions of a system to build with is much preferable. Else you end up with one person who's like "I'm an elf ranger, i shoot arrows in the woods" versus "I am Subbulath-N'thar, duchess of the seventh ring of hell in the domain of Bralzammog, I can end entire cities with my hand, lay waste to fields with my gaze, and brutalize the girgins with my forty-inch girlcock!"

Uhmnm.. no, that's the idea behind the campaign.

Also, free-form doesn't mean free of lore restrictions.

Zaer Darkwail

Back, yeah I got suspended couple of days to solve issue what for I got suspended but was returned with full member access again. Cannot talk anyway in detail why/how I got suspended but it was scary experience (first time got it).

Mister Ugly: Thanks for compliment on my build; idea was build something scary for rebels to face and deal with and indeed magic is weakness my char struggles on. But he is ninja so if he gets jump on caster, the caster is toast before it gets spell flinged.

Regards system/PvP; PvP is internal part of the story and in system you can get closely fair. In regards rolled stats; indeed it's bit unfair in PvP setting as someone with good stats has better start than one who rolled poorly. My char stats are actually from second set (first set had two 9 and only one 17 and second stat being 15 and rest 10-11 range).

But I agree both rebel and Darkonian sided players must have mind set not get 'too attached' to their chars as they can die or be defeated anytime. Some may like play 'mind broken conversion' for rebel char (sort seduced to enemy side to be sex slaved follower or such). Where as once rebel is broken they can retire and create new char. With Darkonian's they can face same fate or retire char and create new one.

With rolled stats it feels fresh building new chars as it can guide concepts or classes which you did not plan for (like Ugly's case). In freeform can lead to salty moments, I was in freeform game where someone pulled brilliant tactic (outside of box) and other party agreed on it and it led strong/powerful IC advantage which turned other players feel negative about it.

Where as system it's clearly cut and also dependent on dice luck do someone win or not. But to ease bitterness of 'fail/loss' everyone can create new char (perhaps even higher level if their former char had achieved level example).

Roleplay Frog

Aha, welcome back.. I'll get to reviewing your character soon then. I advice you to not speak or worry too much about the suspension, yeah.

Yes, multiple characters will be allowed. Full enslavement and killing (for Rebels and Darkonians respectively) Will only be allowed on a consent basis, I can put safeties in place for either side easy enough, as is necessary for any non-con setup anyway.

And yes, the random-factor is far larger than people think. A 1d20 is a HUGE randomizer. I've learned that to reliably remove randomness, without making it dull, you need to drop down to an Xd6 system because, well, the 5% chance of a nat 1 or 20 just skews things massively. There's a luck-factor in this as well.

-Either way- considering this, I guess I'll only play Darkon VI and focus on making the rebel side, primarly.

Furthermore - Consider, that your characters are NOT in a void of building. They are for now, but:
I'll give any darkonian player an example. Darkon VI himself is not even designed for combat. He's a Tactician (Psion subclass). That said. If the rebels manage to assasinate him through his slave-network (which, yes, includes the Queen), that'll not be the victory.. but the rise of Darkon VII.. and we ought to not hope for the Grand General's Sucess or Failure, but for the great story we can craft, together, with the rebels.

This is the mindset I use when creating my characters. Take what Zaer says one step further. If two of your characters, for example, are slain by ranged attacks.. You have not an ooc alone, but an ic reason to create a ranged-combat beating character and go after enslaving that archer-gal who has proven themselfs as quite valuable target and property to have.

Bottom rule. If your villain for Darkon is so seriously build up you can't see him/her singing an evil disney-villain song while planning.. they might be too srs. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char's case he does not sing because he has charisma penalty. But if he would have more charisma (with GM's grace) below would be his villain song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_k6hAVmn8Q

Mister Ugly

Well welcome Back Zeal.

Yes I took the idea I first had and the image and tossed it for something new...if allowed By Deva....'THE escaped Princess'
I am working up a background but please Deva if you had already decided on something let me know or if you do not want a princess escaped I can change the character to a noble or just a high class elf woman.

I figured there was need for at least one female rebel type and I have no problem playing a submissive/damaged female.

<MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Zaer Darkwail

You can play rebel princess quite well if you take vigilante background; public image as princess while under vigilante as a rebel hero. But if want be someone who ran away from palace since cease fire was signed (and saw fate of mother) that can also work in concept I think. But up to GM to decide. Just my suggestion/ideas for yours Mister Ugly :).

Roleplay Frog

You can play a princess of course. A princess would likely be the rebellion leader, or give the same legitimacy. There's just a few ground rules..:
Princess means you have to be at least a half-elf. If not a magic-using class you need a rather good explanation why not, having acess to the best possible schooling and a mother that's a talented magician in her own right. Backround should also contain a reason as to how and why you escaped the Darkonian subterfuge.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Deva on April 28, 2018, 03:33:40 PM
You can play a princess of course. A princess would likely be the rebellion leader, or give the same legitimacy. There's just a few ground rules..:
Princess means you have to be at least a half-elf. If not a magic-using class you need a rather good explanation why not, having acess to the best possible schooling and a mother that's a talented magician in her own right. Backround should also contain a reason as to how and why you escaped the Darkonian subterfuge.

...*raises hand* Could I play her turncoat mother, sister or step sister? After all she's bound to have some sort of nemesis gunning for her. xD
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Drowdeviant on April 28, 2018, 03:44:21 PM
...*raises hand* Could I play her turncoat mother, sister or step sister? After all she's bound to have some sort of nemesis gunning for her. xD

You may. Perhaps chat up Mister Ugly on details if you two wanna. ^^

Unrelatedly, going by the look of it I need to roll up at least one badass rebel character in addition to more easily defeated folks. let's see what the dices have for me.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Result: 4, 4, 2, 5,
Total: 13
Result: 1, 2, 6, 2,
Total: 10
Result: 4, 3, 5, 1,
Total: 12
Result: 4, 1, 1, 1,
Total: 6
Result: 4, 5, 4, 2,
Result: 5, 4, 1, 1,
Total: 10
-Hoh, as tempting as it is to play a 4 cons fail a frail elf, might be a bit extreme. Using this to make a more fodderish character. Give it another go.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

note to self: fey-creature elf archer 12, 15, 11, 12, 13, 14

Result: 2, 1, 5, 5,
Result: 3, 6, 6, 3,
Total: 15
Result: 1, 4, 5, 2,
Total: 11
Result: 1, 5, 1, 6,
Result: 3, 6, 4, 1,
Result: 4, 1, 4, 6,
Total: 14
Eh. I'd rather like having a lower thingie for rp purposes, but oh well.

LizzieV

I'm not sure if I want to try the elven wizard thing or go for some sort of demon beatstick Let's see what rolls I get.

stat rolls

1) 5, 3, 4, 2 = 12
2) 1, 1, 4, 5 = 10
3) 4, 1, 6, 5 = 15
4) 5, 6, 4, 6 = 17
5) 3, 3, 4, 5 = 12
6) 6, 1, 1, 3 = 10

12, 10, 15, 17, 12, 10
Well that's not bad. The point buy cost of that spread would be 24 so that's only one point shy of the 'epic fantasy' requirement.

It's got some good potential for most classes with no low stats and two good ones for the usual dual primary stats most classes get.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed, that is nice series of rolls there LizzieV :).

Mister Ugly

Quote from: Deva on April 28, 2018, 03:33:40 PM

Right along the ideas I was thinking for the character --- How does a Hexcrafter Magus sound?!
Full elf and yes i have a reason she escaped...

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Roleplay Frog

Works for me.

Unrelatedly, calculating out a build for the rebellion leader and looks to turn out hella mean.. then again, needs to be! *nodnod*

Drowdeviant

Well this will some good shit. :3

Roll Result: Drowdeviant rolled: 4d6
Comment: 
Result: 3, 6, 5, 1, 
Total: 15

At 2018-04-28 17:50:27, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 15

Comment: 
Result: 2, 6, 5, 1, 

At 2018-04-28 17:51:53, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 14

Comment: 
Result: 5, 1, 3, 4, 

At 2018-04-28 17:53:15, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 13

Comment: 
Result: 6, 4, 5, 5, 
Total: 20

At 2018-04-28 17:54:00, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 20

Comment: 
Result: 5, 4, 2, 2, 

At 2018-04-28 17:55:08, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 13

Comment: 
Result: 3, 4, 6, 1, 

At 2018-04-28 17:56:03, Drowdeviant (uid: 54292) rolls: 4d6 Result: 14

Zaer Darkwail

You forgot 'keep three' from your rolls Drowdeviant. But from above rolls results can be calculated (remove lowest dice off from end result).

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 28, 2018, 06:01:16 PM
You forgot 'keep three' from your rolls Drowdeviant. But from above rolls results can be calculated (remove lowest dice off from end result).

Zaer I know that. :P

These are the total after dropping the lowest from each.

14, 13, 12, 16, 11, 13

As I said I got some good shit. :3

Zaer Darkwail

Those are indeed good scores; better than my char's :P.

Mister Ugly

Nice rolls makes  my 9 look more more weaker!! anyway
got 2 images I am considering using for the princess and at the moment I am about 50/50 on each so tell me what ya all think

MU

#1  #2
Albert Einstein

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 28, 2018, 06:08:16 PM
Those are indeed good scores; better than my char's :P.

*patpats* He's good in his own special way Zaer. :3

I am just sad I'm likely not gonna get to a gunsmoke mystic. I could be pistol whipping and rifle butt slamming people in the face! xD

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Mister Ugly on April 28, 2018, 06:08:45 PM
Nice rolls makes  my 9 look more more weaker!! anyway
got 2 images I am considering using for the princess and at the moment I am about 50/50 on each so tell me what ya all think

MU

#1  #2

I prefer bustier women, so vote goes to 2. But besides that the pic has more somber feeling and woman appears more prettier to me.

Mister Ugly

Just remember she is supposed to be a classic elf and they are not that busty!!  ;D ;D

MU
Albert Einstein