Inserting ....

Started by Dez, May 28, 2012, 12:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dez

an image or a picture?

Any and all help is and will be much appreciated!!

Thanking you in advance!!!

Dez

*blushes* Uhh... I think I found it but if I have issues I'll be back!!!

Dez

Uhmm.... can someone who has the authority to delete go into the whatchamacallit and delete the photo I uploaded.

I can do without images for the time being. Thank you for your time!!!

Photo is titled Neith1.jpg

jouzinka

Hi, Bevin. I'd love to help you with this image thing. Feel free to ask more questions here or to shoot me a PM.

There's a good tutorial for image placing here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78106.0 ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Dez

Ok jouzi, here goes ---

I followed the tutorial (partly) and was able to upload the image but forgot to put it in a category.... oy vey!

jouzinka

Go to the Elluiki, then in the upper ribbon click on MY CONTRIBUTIONS and select the image uploaded. Click edit and insert the title of the category-placement tag (the thing with the double brackets) that you want it in. ;)

And don't worry, not categorizing an image is not a life-threatening offence. It happens from time to time to everyone (happened to me a few times too, especially if I'm uploading more pics). ;)

Dez

Yay!!!!!!

*does a very, very happy dance* This is how we ed it ... This is how we ed it!!!!

Thanks bunches jouzi!!!

jouzinka

*smiles* You are welcome. :-)

Sarena

Okay, see...I read Inserting ... as the thread title and thought this might be about something totally different.

/flees

OT...are we supposed to categorize pics we load to the wiki?  I don't think I ever have, or if I have I don't know I have.  I've only got like 4 uploaded images anyway.
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

jouzinka

*flails laughing*

So glad I'm not the only one with her mind in the gutter. ::)

Anyway, yes, we are supposed to categorize an image when uploading it to the Wiki. Here's how to do it. ;)

Sarena

*grins* Thanks jouzi!  I shall check into all of this later tonight when the minions are asleep. 
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".