Godswar (Recruiting)

Started by Fury Aphrodisia, September 19, 2016, 12:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury Aphrodisia

OOC, please! And I'll update from there. Largely, I would like questions and interest statements here, with other banter and information allocated to the OOC thread.

Thank you!
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

RhinSama

I'll mosey over to OOC then! Debating on a Goddess

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: RhinSama on September 21, 2016, 12:24:53 PM
Apparently at some later point in history Bast and Artemis were associated as being the same Goddess.
Hrm interesting.
Also, being a Celt could be fun as well
I'm considering Brigit.   

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 21, 2016, 06:17:15 AM
Baby, for you I'd give up Luci.  maybe.  Ok, probably not, because I've already done a lot of work with him, but I'm sure we could work on something. :p

That said, Lucifer is nearly done, I just haven't had enough time to finish up the sheet.  Face claim is D.B. Woodside (ironic if you know the actor and what shows he's in).  And for the con artists and black marketeers in the party, he's a high stakes attorney.

<3
We need to mayhaps plot together because I had an idea, funnily in-line with that show, that I thought may work.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 21, 2016, 07:29:16 PM

We need to mayhaps plot together because I had an idea, funnily in-line with that show, that I thought may work.

You know where to find me. <3

Lynnie

I'm interested if you are still looking for females.

RhinSama

Quote from: Lynnie on September 22, 2016, 08:59:48 PM
I'm interested if you are still looking for females.
Lynnie!!

I think we're still looking for players in general.

Fury Aphrodisia

Indeed we are, there's still plenty to choose from and I'd be more than happy to have you along, dear. Welcome to the madness! If you have any general world questions, feel free to ask in the OOC or if you think they'll help to inform potential players, I'll give it a shot here.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Lynnie

Thank you. I decided to go with the Gaelic Goddess Creiddylad, the Goddess of Flowers. Face Claim Audrey Hepburn

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Fury Aphrodisia

Okay! Face claim and goddess reservation are all yours!

Vergil1989

Kinda whish we'd get an Aphrodite myself, but I'm loving the people we've got quite a bit.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Fury Aphrodisia

I'm a little torn. I'd like to fill in by putting a few NPC gods and goddesses in here and there, but I don't want to put them in too in-depth so that there's positions available for new people as time goes on. For instance, I don't want to start playing an Artemis and then all of a sudden have someone want to join, but put off by the fact that I'm playing as an NPC the goddess they want to, and to make matters worse, the character is different than their vision. That's just an example, and sure there's ways around it, but the salient point is still that I'm hesitant to god-block some potential future player.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on September 23, 2016, 01:24:59 PM
I'm a little torn. I'd like to fill in by putting a few NPC gods and goddesses in here and there, but I don't want to put them in too in-depth so that there's positions available for new people as time goes on. For instance, I don't want to start playing an Artemis and then all of a sudden have someone want to join, but put off by the fact that I'm playing as an NPC the goddess they want to, and to make matters worse, the character is different than their vision. That's just an example, and sure there's ways around it, but the salient point is still that I'm hesitant to god-block some potential future player.

When in doubt, pick some of the minor ones.  or demi-gods.  Or things like that.

OR you could always say that when someone takes over a god, they get a fresh start.  Death, body flip, etc.  Which would also account for a change in personality.

Vergil1989

That's not a bad compromise honestly.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

DartimusRae

Foxy DeVille

You could also look for aspects/counterparts of gods. Like with Artemis you could make a NPC of Diana, keeping the original Greek goddess available. In Egypt Bast's role was diminished over time and she was renamed Bastet, so you could use the latter while keeping the former free.

Fury Aphrodisia

I think this is more a discussion for the OOC, though.  Mostly, I'm not keen to play anything with a pre-determined name, just in case someone is keen to play it themselves.

Elysian Radiance

So I think I'm going to play a kitsune pledged to Lucifer. Faceclaim Jaimie Bernhardt. Going to try to work on a sheet this weekend.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Fury Aphrodisia

Interesting! Nice take. I'll add the reservations in, then.

Elysian Radiance

InnocentSynn

So I'm liking the concept of the game and have a god in mind......

Arawn, the Celtic god of the underworld, war, terror, and revenge.  And for a faceclaim, I was thinking Vin Diesel in the Riddick movies

Cataclysmic Archangel

God I loved the Riddick movies.

That's two for the Underworld, and one for Hell.  Hmm...

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on September 25, 2016, 06:18:50 PM

Arawn, the Celtic god of the underworld, war, terror, and revenge.  And for a faceclaim, I was thinking Vin Diesel in the Riddick movies

You would lol
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

InnocentSynn

Quote from: Kiric Rand on September 25, 2016, 06:30:53 PM
You would lol

Of course I would!  What made you think I've do anything less?

RhinSama

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on September 25, 2016, 06:18:50 PM

Ohhh I likes

Also means Epona would have a buddy of sorts