Looking for a Small based party. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, August 21, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conundrum

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 28, 2018, 05:17:22 PM
Clichee is a synonym for reliable and stable, which is not innately a problem. You just gotta make sure it stays interesting. (by including dark tentacle mistresses, for example!)

Should also find an in for other small races.

I generally would not have players be directly employed by one side in the conflict at the start I am a big fan of that adventuring feel.

Further brainstorming is making me think perhaps putting it post-war of a sort.  Conflict is ongoing but low intensity and you have a lot of the results of the war in the world like sunken cities and abandoned goblin outposts for adventurers to delve into for treasure.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Conundrum on August 28, 2018, 11:03:41 PM
I generally would not have players be directly employed by one side in the conflict at the start I am a big fan of that adventuring feel.

Further brainstorming is making me think perhaps putting it post-war of a sort.  Conflict is ongoing but low intensity and you have a lot of the results of the war in the world like sunken cities and abandoned goblin outposts for adventurers to delve into for treasure.

Interesting. So the aftermath of a 'world war' which is technically over, but a lot of places are still fighting to establish boundaries/who is in charge, lots of unaligned or unincorporated/lawless zones, and lots of areas which are 'fresh ruins' in the wake of some sort of magical semi-armageddon? Not quite fantasy post-apocalyptic, but fantasy 'a whole lot of the world is screwed, and if you leave the big kingdoms (which are still getting their shit together) the rule of law...doesn't' kind of thing?
My current O/os (need work)

Muse

Ooh!  This is exciting.  i like the setting you suggest, and am eager to actually get to play. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Madam Striga

Quote from: Muse on August 29, 2018, 03:00:26 AM
  Ooh!  This is exciting.  i like the setting you suggest, and am eager to actually get to play. 

I'm also super into what you guys are coming up with

OyabunKobold

Ooh I see a muse so that puts the current count to 7 possible players and a possible GM too :D Sounds like we got a budding mini army.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Roleplay Frog

I'm now imagining a Kobold war veteran speaking in Deekin's voice.

Madam Striga

Roleplay Frog

Roleplay Frog

See, there you go, be a goblin disguising as not gobbo out of spite for own peoples wrongdoing. Very dramatic. Very story.

Madam Striga

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 29, 2018, 04:18:16 AM
See, there you go, be a goblin disguising as not gobbo out of spite for own peoples wrongdoing. Very dramatic. Very story.

Gobbo disguised as a super gobbo

OyabunKobold

Conundrum. Do you have any character creation rules you would like us to use like point buy or anything like that we can get a better idea of what we might want to play?

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chanticleer

Quote from: Zoastria on August 29, 2018, 04:09:37 AM
I keep changing my mind on race >x<

No problem.

Be a MALE GNOME. Be sensitive about your height, and convince the GM to let you take the OGREKIN template so you're HALF-OGRE and won't suffer any prejudice for being vertically challenged (or, if you do, you can at least beat the tar out of people. Is that where tar comes from? Who knew?). Take the 'Adopted' trait and use it for 'Raised by KOBOLDS,' except like every player character who ever took the Adopted trait, you actually weren't. Well, only for a short time during your formative years (months). Your true memories of childhood are long after your days as a KOBOLD EGG, and are of playing in the swamp with the 'other' GRIPPLI CHILDREN after you were found by a GRIPPLI ADVENTURER who came across the slaughtered remains of your KOBOLD ADOPTED TRIBE, and took you in, hatched you, and raised you as his own. Sadly, as you grew up (well, not that up) you realized that you weren't really a grippli or a kobold, so you went off into the world to seek YOUR FORTUNE. Taking A HANDFUL OF SNAILS AND SLUGS and the POINTY STICK which your GRIPPLI "UNCLE" carved just for you, you left, thinking yourself well-prepared for the world. Sadly, you were mistaken, and as a YOUTHFUL TEENAGER, you were ENSLAVED BY GOBLINS, but you were purchased by a KINDLY GOBLIN PRINCESS who introduced you to the ways of men and women. A party of HALFLING ADVENTURERS 'rescued' you from your TRUE LOVE, and you have worn the GOBLIN PRINCESS's fluffy-yet-strategically-tattered adorable-but-demurely-sexy PINK WAR-DRESS ever since in her memory. Realizing that you were distraught but mis-guessing the reason, the halflings attempted to deprogram you, mistaking the love of your life for STOCKHOLM SYNDROME, and introduced you to the wonders of HALFLING CULTURE. Both of them. Sadly, their efforts were for naught, and so with a heavy heart YOUR NEW HALFLING FAMILY paid for you to be examined by A SECRETLY ABUSIVE SPRITE who was also A MESMERIST. Alas, her efforts to treat you involved long hypnotic sessions during which she delved into the root causes of your trauma, and while she was able to do something about your EARLY-CHILDHOOD TRAUMA of being sat on by A GIANT GRIPPLI BUTT, she discovered that you were plagued by an ANCESTOR SPIRIT who was a HALF-KITSUNE RATLING, who had been raised by...(The Cycle Continues).

ALTERNATE LIFE-PATH:

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 29, 2018, 04:18:16 AM
Quote from: Zoastria on August 29, 2018, 04:22:57 AM
Gobbo disguised as a super gobbo

Be a GOBLIN ROGUE (MASTER OF DISGUISE)/MESMERIST. Disguise yourself as a short and lumpy stick. Hypnotize your opponents into believing that you are actually a short and lumpy stick and use your incredible disguise capability for bonuses to convince them to believe it. Have the party barbarian beat your opponents to death with you and watch as they suffer the barbarian's damage bonuses plus all of your additional bonuses for the mental trauma caused by them believing that you are actually a stick. Invest in an alchemical supply company which manufactures analgesics and healing potions. Profit.

This is CHANTICLEER. This is Chanticleer on INSOMNIA.
My current O/os (need work)

Madam Striga

Quote from: Chanticleer on August 30, 2018, 08:47:43 AM
No problem.

Be a MALE GNOME. Be sensitive about your height, and convince the GM to let you take the OGREKIN template so you're HALF-OGRE and won't suffer any prejudice for being vertically challenged (or, if you do, you can at least beat the tar out of people. Is that where tar comes from? Who knew?). Take the 'Adopted' trait and use it for 'Raised by KOBOLDS,' except like every player character who ever took the Adopted trait, you actually weren't. Well, only for a short time during your formative years (months). Your true memories of childhood are long after your days as a KOBOLD EGG, and are of playing in the swamp with the 'other' GRIPPLI CHILDREN after you were found by a GRIPPLI ADVENTURER who came across the slaughtered remains of your KOBOLD ADOPTED TRIBE, and took you in, hatched you, and raised you as his own. Sadly, as you grew up (well, not that up) you realized that you weren't really a grippli or a kobold, so you went off into the world to seek YOUR FORTUNE. Taking A HANDFUL OF SNAILS AND SLUGS and the POINTY STICK which your GRIPPLI "UNCLE" carved just for you, you left, thinking yourself well-prepared for the world. Sadly, you were mistaken, and as a YOUTHFUL TEENAGER, you were ENSLAVED BY GOBLINS, but you were purchased by a KINDLY GOBLIN PRINCESS who introduced you to the ways of men and women. A party of HALFLING ADVENTURERS 'rescued' you from your TRUE LOVE, and you have worn the GOBLIN PRINCESS's fluffy-yet-strategically-tattered adorable-but-demurely-sexy PINK WAR-DRESS ever since in her memory. Realizing that you were distraught but mis-guessing the reason, the halflings attempted to deprogram you, mistaking the love of your life for STOCKHOLM SYNDROME, and introduced you to the wonders of HALFLING CULTURE. Both of them. Sadly, their efforts were for naught, and so with a heavy heart YOUR NEW HALFLING FAMILY paid for you to be examined by A SECRETLY ABUSIVE SPRITE who was also A MESMERIST. Alas, her efforts to treat you involved long hypnotic sessions during which she delved into the root causes of your trauma, and while she was able to do something about your EARLY-CHILDHOOD TRAUMA of being sat on by A GIANT GRIPPLI BUTT, she discovered that you were plagued by an ANCESTOR SPIRIT who was a HALF-KITSUNE RATLING, who had been raised by...(The Cycle Continues).

ALTERNATE LIFE-PATH:

Be a GOBLIN ROGUE (MASTER OF DISGUISE)/MESMERIST. Disguise yourself as a short and lumpy stick. Hypnotize your opponents into believing that you are actually a short and lumpy stick and use your incredible disguise capability for bonuses to convince them to believe it. Have the party barbarian beat your opponents to death with you and watch as they suffer the barbarian's damage bonuses plus all of your additional bonuses for the mental trauma caused by them believing that you are actually a stick. Invest in an alchemical supply company which manufactures analgesics and healing potions. Profit.

This is CHANTICLEER. This is Chanticleer on INSOMNIA.

I have no idea what I just read.

so have a goblin for  your troubles

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

OyabunKobold

Chulanowa

Chant on insomnia us a lot like me lucid. That said, an adorable gnome boy in a pretty dress does raise some interesting options... :-)

Roleplay Frog

I mean, you could build a barbarian using a small character as two handed improvised weapon with the right traits. problem is said small character would need innate damage reduction or take the damage from hitting others as well, so you'd need a small gargoyle mesmerist.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 30, 2018, 02:30:36 PM
I mean, you could build a barbarian using a small character as two handed improvised weapon with the right traits. problem is said small character would need innate damage reduction or take the damage from hitting others as well, so you'd need a small gargoyle mesmerist.

No, you want to be a rogue, not a barbarian; when hitting a motherfucker with another motherfucker, you get a flanking bonus. The sneak attack will mean your target is pulverized faster than your weapon. If the small character is a paladin, they can just lay on hands for themselves as well. Especially considering the small character gets an action as well. Two rogues using this tactic is terrifying.

Also I think it's possible to stack modifiers up to like +5 to hit and +2 to damage with improvised weapons through feats and traits alone.so there's that.

But! This is a game for small characters, not the big link heads who swing them around!

Roleplay Frog

So just to avoid misunderstanding, we're a small party, and we're being based about being small, aigh't?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Based

OyabunKobold

We are a small party yes im not sure if we based though

Roleplay Frog

Well I came here for a based party, so we better be bases AF.

OyabunKobold

Lol ill try my best not sure how to portray based

Roleplay Frog

OyabunKobold

Roleplay Frog

Ignore me. I'm just bored enough to derp-chat around, not motivated enough to try another campaign. *nodnod*