News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Snooze or Lose?

Started by Lilias, January 09, 2014, 01:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilias

Lose Sleep, Lose Your Mind and Health

Lots of reference links to click, but definitely worth the time.

I'm currently in the process of consciously trying to give myself earlier nights, because if I go for more than a couple of days on less than 7 hours, I get day-long headaches that don't allow me to be functional. (Alas, my youthful resilience is well and truly gone.) How are your sleep patterns?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Avis habilis

If I get 7 hours something has gone sideways. Usually it's 6 & a half.  Oddly enough I felt better rested that month I was going to bed at 10 & getting up at 4:45 to catch the water taxi every morning. It's getting up at 6 again that's wearing.

Crimson Caine

I struggle with insomnia and a night owl complex a lot.  I rarely get all the sleep I need during the week or even the weekend anymore.  I use too much Monster Rehab and 5 Hour Energy some weeks when my insomnia is acting up.  It has been a constant struggle and often liked to other issues I'm sure.  I normally exist on about 6 hours during the week though usually it's more like 5 or less depending on how my brain is doing.  I don't normally have head ache issues though I have lately but I think that's more to do with weather and stress.
The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing. – Aleister Crowley
CC's O/O
CC's Request Thread
CC's Disappearing Routine (A/A)

Beguile's Mistress

Chronic pain keeps me from having more than 4 good solid hours a night and if I don't get a couple naps in during the day I'm a mess.

Crimzon Dragon

Years ago, I got used to going to bed around 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. due to working a second job at night...never got used to going to bed at a reasonable hour...still have that habit, but now add to it age and prostate problems and I rarely get a good nights rest.

Sleep maybe a couple hours at a stretch when I am lucky up and then back to bed...I find it hard to fall asleep when I first go to bed, probably because I want some noise in the room so I leave TV on real low and something will come on to pique my interest, so I turn it up to listen then go back to try to sleep later.

I definitely think a good nights rest is essential, especially younger years...my Sunday afternoon nap is my lifesaver for the coming week.