First Thundercats, Now...Voltron? :D

Started by Wolfy, February 16, 2011, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107792-THQ-Assembles-Rights-to-Voltron-Games

That's right, people..another classic cartoon is getting a Reboot. Voltron is coming back with a new cartoon and, apparently, new games to go along with it.

First Thundercats, and now Voltron...all we need now is for Toonami to come back and it'll be my childhood all over again. :D

Tagnizkur

Go Bots... yeah I went there..  When they do bring back the Go Bots.. I say they finally do a Transformers Go Bots throw down!

Oniya

Should I mention that there are new animated series for both Transformers and G.I. Joe now on Hub?  All I need to do is find some of those bad-for-us snacks that they used to have, and I can have an '80s flashback.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

So many reboots... are we really this lazy? What ever happened to creating something? This whole generation is going to grow up with rehashs of what the last generation got and have nothing to call its own.

Validus

Quote from: Wolfy on February 16, 2011, 10:43:23 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107792-THQ-Assembles-Rights-to-Voltron-Games

That's right, people..another classic cartoon is getting a Reboot. Voltron is coming back with a new cartoon and, apparently, new games to go along with it.

First Thundercats, and now Voltron...all we need now is for Toonami to come back and it'll be my childhood all over again. :D

Toonami rocked.  I almost shed a tear when it was canceled.

Shjade

Quote from: Validus on February 17, 2011, 07:44:37 AM
Toonami rocked.  I almost shed a tear when it was canceled.
I didn't. By the time it was canceled it had become a bunch of...well, I'd just say the overall quality of its lineup deteriorated over time. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Jag

Quote from: Shjade on February 17, 2011, 10:27:56 AM
I didn't. By the time it was canceled it had become a bunch of...well, I'd just say the overall quality of its lineup deteriorated over time. :|

I miss the old fat Tom. V_V

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oniya

I'm hoping that the reboots signal a return to the idea of cartoons with a storyline, instead of episodes that have little relation to each other except for the same tired collection of body-humor jokes.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

RubySlippers

Worse bad rehashes.

G.I. JOE was a great animated serious with American heavy Joes verses Cobra that were sneaky terrorists out to rule the world, with some non-Americans on the team as worthy allies. That movie they did was horrible and likely this will be a politically correct pile of smoking crapola.

Voltron which one the five lions or the space force that assembled into the mighty Voltron? I bet it won't be as good.

And Thundercats without the youngsters - did I get that right? WTF!

Just stop this and don't ruine good classics with this crap.

What heppened I remember when in my tweeens seeing 80's and 90's toons and they had an edge, people died, they had fun with decent plots and Mark voiced the BEST toon Joker of any Batman series.

Oniya

Actually, from what I've seen, the new G.I. Joe Renegades is just as edgy as the stuff in the 90's.  There's been a character death already, and the plot is that the team is engaged in uncovering the sinister side of a Cobra that has managed to convince everyone else that they are a benevolent organization.  Watching it alongside the original series (which Hub also airs Monday through Thursday), there's a lot less widget-hunting.  (Oh, we've got this big Doomsday Device, and it's split into three parts, and dropped in places like the Island of No Return, the Temple of Death, and the Roof of the World.  Joe gets one, Cobra gets one, Zartan get the third one and tries to cash in.  This covers about 15 episodes.  Lather, rinse, repeat.)

Jag

I agree with Oniya. G.I. Joe Renegades isn't that bad. I've watched a few episodes. The style isn't too anime-ish and the plot is fairly edgy compared to many kids shows these days.

I think one series reboot that did it 'right' was Batman Beyond. It was a series reboot without changing canon story too much because they advanced it into the future of the series instead of remaking what was already there. I think more old series could do with a Batman Beyond type reboot.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Sabby

Wolfy

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 17, 2011, 10:53:38 AM
Worse bad rehashes.

G.I. JOE was a great animated serious with American heavy Joes verses Cobra that were sneaky terrorists out to rule the world, with some non-Americans on the team as worthy allies. That movie they did was horrible and likely this will be a politically correct pile of smoking crapola.

Voltron which one the five lions or the space force that assembled into the mighty Voltron? I bet it won't be as good. Lions.

And Thundercats without the youngsters - did I get that right? WTF! Actually, Wily Kit and Kat are there. :/ Plus, it's not changing the storyline of the original, as this one will be a prequel before they came to the planet.

Just stop this and don't ruine good classics with this crap.

What heppened I remember when in my tweeens seeing 80's and 90's toons and they had an edge, people died, they had fun with decent plots and Mark voiced the BEST toon Joker of any Batman series.

Oniya

Alysanthia

The show will be airing on Nicktoons this spring , I've been following the story for a while since I'm a Voltron nerd lol. The new designs are really interesting each lion has its own distinctive look, haven't really seen a sketch of the characters though I think they are saving those for the big debut. but their FB page has a bunch of sketches for anyone to look at.

All I know is I can't wait and pretty sure I'll be fangirling the entire time I'm watching the episode. XD

Brandon

Quote from: Oniya on February 17, 2011, 10:26:00 PM
I always did like the lions better.

Seconded, or rather thirded

I dunno I was big on Voltron so something in me says "Awesome!" but then my cynical side wont let me forget about the IMO disasters that were transformers (my biggest childhood show) and the lackluster GI Joe reimagining
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Fleetingsanity

I'm looking forward to the Thundercats and Voltron reboots to be honest the old one's when you go back and watch them are very 80's for a lack of better term and Thundercats has a good crew working on it so I think it'll be good hopefully Voltron will get the same treatment.

Wolfy