Madness of Wonderland (Super Powers and Insanity) (CLOSED)

Started by Moraline, May 22, 2015, 11:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

QuoteSometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things
before breakfast.

@Lithium -  Approved!

Lithium

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Rukio

Acula

Quote@Miyaluca  - Approved as is!  Let me know if it's good for you and I'll post it up top in the Confirmed list.

Hurray for approval! Please post in the Confirmed list whenever you'd like. ^^

Moraline

@Rukio - Approved! Love that picture that goes with it too.

@Miyaluca - Done!

We are currently at:
3 Female Characters
2 Male Characters

Just one more Male needed for the first group!

Would anyone like to be part of a 2nd group with a 2nd Character?
This group would be younger students - High School Aged 16-18 already at a special school for Highborn: Falseblood and Purebloods. 

The Mythological Denizens that you could use for your parents can be pulled from:
- The Wizard of Oz
- Arthurian/British Isles & European Mythology
- Neverland

It will get it's own recruitment thread soon.

London

If this is as much fun as the Supernatural game count me in.

I'm also interested in the High School game so add my name to that list too.

Acula

I already have an idea for a character, so count me in for second character for the high school rp. ^^

AndyZ

Name: Vanessa White
Bloodline:  PureBlood (The White King and Queen)
Physical Description:   18, 5'6", 130 lb., blonde hair, blue eyes, usually wearing nonprescription glasses

Cliches:  Shy bookworm with very few friends

Tools:
Purse with cell phone, hairbrush, makeup compact, pepper spray, nonprescription glasses, random paperback novel from the library, a small amount of cash, granola bar, and tissues.

Hooks

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?

One of her few exceptional talents is chess.  Chess has all the things that she wants for understanding and being able to read the board without having to worry about going back and correct mistakes.  She's on the chess team and very good, but beyond that, she's very shy and quiet, and doesn't make friends easily. 

Although she has a degree of camaraderie with fellow geeks, she tends to be considered too pretty to be a proper geek and too geeky to fit in anywhere else.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?  
To call Vanessa nonconfrontational is an understatement worthy of derisive laughter.  She even gives up her seat at lunch when people walk up and glare.

What is your biggest personality flaw?
When given the opportunity to look into something she doesn't understand, Vanessa tends to be rather curious, especially when she just doesn't understand something.

What are you most afraid of?
That nothing will ever change and she won't be able to outgrow her currently horrendous existence.

Tales:
Vanessa has always felt that the universe was in some way wrong.

There's a saying that life is a cruel teacher who gives the test first and the lesson after.  To her, any idiot can see that that's not the way things should be.  No one else saw it that way, though, and her stepparents brought her to a "friend" Dr. Morris, a therapist who helped work her through the delusion.

Trying to talk to school friends about it went about as well as expected.  Another girl who used to be her best friend laughed and started calling her Assenav, Vanessa backwards.  When other girls chimed in, they started emphasizing the first syllable.

It didn't take long to break her into silence, but the experience marred her from reaching out and working too hard at making friends.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

London

Here's my High School student for the second game.

Name: John Smith
Bloodline:  Pureblood, Parents Unknown
Physical Description:   18, 6'0" 198 lbs., Green eyes and black hair , John has several tattoos along his arms and fingers, and several scars across his back, and . He is well tanned with a toned build.
Cliches:   He's the guy you take home to meet your parents, when you want to get back at them for something.
Tools:  John always carries a locket with pictures of his parents, a switch blade, cheap flip phone, zippo lighter, lock picks, a wallet with 100 dollars, a flask and a leather jacket. A backback with school books, note books, a couple pens and a box of condoms.

Hooks:  Taking a mix of classes, John doesn't know what he wants to do after school. He just knows he wants a better life then the one he has had so far.  He has always been outsider and never felt like he fit in with any group he's been around. Although a good friend once he warms up to you, he stays on the outskirts of the different social groups.
It's obvious that he doesn't come from money. Although only a few people know he came from an orphanage, he avoids the subject any time it comes up. Being one of the older boys, he shares a room with a nerdy boy.  Although he is well adapted, he still feels like a street kid and has to spend time in the school's computer lab to do his work. He tries avoid the social groupings that he's not comfortable with., but doesn't always succeed.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? That he is a street kid trying to make a better life for himself. Although he doesn't seem to have many friends, those he does have are as loyal to him as he is to them.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? He's terrible with computers, just barly able to do his homeowrk. John will do anything for his friends, even if it's a little illegal.

What is your biggest personality flaw?John doesn't trust people easily. After being stuck in the church's orphange, he hates people of authority.

What are you most afraid of?Nuns with rulers.

Tales:
When John was 3, he was left on the steps of a Dublin church. Left without any information, he was named by one of the nuns. No one knows where he came from.
At the age of twelve John stole his first car. Taking it for a spin in uptown Dublin, he left he car on the police station steps. No one ever found out he stole the car from one of the priest at the orphanage.
When he was 13 he was moved to another orphanage. This became the start of being moved around several times in the following years.

Moraline

Okay with AndyZ on board we are now full up for this game.  Welcome to the group, AndyZ!

I'll be posting the IC thread link soon for everyone.

If anyone is interested in the expanded universe setting with high school aged characters, I've made a new group thread for that.   

Grimm Fairy Tales Arcane Acre (Powers & Prep School)
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229901.0

@London - Post your character over there for me when you get a chance. 

NOTE: the addition of the Arcane Abilities section on the bottom of the Character sheet for the game.

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on May 22, 2015, 11:28:42 PM
*I know it looks imbalanced male/female but trust me, it's not.  You'll see.   ;D

Spooky! :P

Rukio

I am looking forward to the shenanigans clearly coming at us like a bullet train.  ::)

Moraline

Link to our OOC Thread can be found here:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229956.0

Links to all games threads will be at the top of the OOC when available.