Flight of the Broken-Winged Crane [Exalted 2.5 GSPs & More - Recruitment Thread]

Started by Cessali, September 01, 2013, 12:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

What method of generation do I use for my TAW?

Also, someone did put out a PDF consolidating everything. I'll either try and get a link up or send it to you over AIM.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Anon315

Part of me is considering going GSP instead. I had a concept stuck in my head since I wrote that down...

Zaer Darkwail

No name or much written yet but I decided I go with defiler casted green sun prince (who will eventually go for devil-tiger path).

Cessali

The TAW will use the same XP-driven method as described above-- no dots, 700 xp, all Attributes and Virtues start at 1, Essence at 3, Willpower at 5, bonus experience opportunities as above and free Excellencies for Caste and Favored Attributes.  The consolidating PDF would be much appreciated, thanks.

Go with what pleases you!

ChaoticSky

Mhm, I have a idea for a malfean or adorjani malefactor that im slowly piecing together.

Cessali

Not yet; there have only been two solid concepts submitted, so I'm holding off on determining things until I get some more feedback from people on what they'd like to do.

Thorn14

I'd rather wait to see what kind of campaign it would be before I think up a concept.  :-)

ChaoticSky

Mhm, so, i have a question.

with the infernal's weird charmtrees, would anyone care to suggest which charms/yozi would best suit a performer? Cec has alot of social stuff, but i cant seem to find very much from malfease, though if memory serves he is a big fan of dance. Kimbery also has some, but they mostly seem based on insta-hating people.

Sorry, more fammilar with ability charmtrees D:

Zaer Darkwail

Malfeas has one charm (needs just his excellency as prequisite) which turns any dancing performance into UMI without any motes (it's a permanent effect) and you get to choose emotional content of said UMI. Also there is hauberk of bells which turns performance dots into something useful for defense (but makes suck major way in stealth).

Wheresmycow

Be a Solar with me then!  Let me not be the only golden light.

And I think it is Cecelyn you're looking at.  Well, what kind of a performer are you aiming for anyways?  Because an orator is different than a dancer and so on.  What is it that you want your character to do with their performance?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rajah

Malfeas has the dance Charm, as noted, and tons of theoretical Charmtech growing off that. Cecelyne is likely a religious performer. She Who Lives In Her Name counts music among her thematics. Kimbery includes art.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 05, 2013, 05:41:57 PMAlso there is hauberk of bells which turns performance dots into something useful for defense (but makes suck major way in stealth).

Also, like all Infernal artifacts, in desperate need of a non-insane rewrite...probably by letting Performance replace Dodge, rather than adding to DVs *directly*.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

ChaoticSky

Ooh, lots of responses.

And ha! there it is, i knew Malfeas had to have something.... and even by its self thats pretty awesome, its like HSDD without the 10m1wp cost, and lets you duplicate the effect of face the sun for five motes and no wp.

And i was planning to make a cult leader type, shes a former dancer who aspired to become the companion of a lord, but was thrown out... and with the help of her soon to be coajutator... realized that her only failure was to aim so low. Now shes worshipped by thousands and the lord is part of her harem. Shes actually quite nice, something of a power bottom, but she is ultimately motivated by her own ambitions, and her concern for creation only extends so far as the fact that she needs something to rule and a place for her people to live.

Cec has her cult supporting charms, and deserty stuff, which i like, plus malfactors social anima and favourite abilites, make it a obvious choice, i was fussing between Malfeas and Kimbery for her Urgegiver and 'patron'. I like Kimmy in general, shes very neat and i would love a excuse to be abit aquatic, but Malfeas command/kingness suits better. so im probably goin with that,

In terms of creation, even lacking Kimbery's oceanic charms, i favour games in the south/west/north, am indifferent to the Isle and East, and preferr to avoid the Threshold as much as possible. For game style i think if preferr... nomadic. go to one area, do Stuff, then move on, repeat.

ChaoticSky

So, offical app:
QuoteYour character's name, caste, and epithet (the crownless king, the soft-hearted philosopher, the cultivator of human-demon potential, the repentant killer, so on - if you don't come up with a good one I'm liable to apply it for you)
    A paragraph or so of what kind of character you'd like to play (more is okay, just put things beyond of character concept behind a spoiler tag)
    A broad statement of what you might want to accomplish with your character in the course of a game
    Whether you would prefer a campaign set as a regional affair or a more wandery quest
    Up to three things you enjoy or love about Exalted, whether setting, metaplot, or otherwise
    Something you don't like about Exalted, whether setting, metaplot, or otherwise

-Dreams Of Dust, Malefactor, Ecstatic God Queen Of The Red Sands
- Shes a beautiful, charismatic, cult leader type. A former dancer who aspired to become the companion of a lord, but was thrown out... and with the help of her soon to be coadjutor... realized that her only failure was to aim so low. Now shes worshipped by thousands and the lord is part of her harem. Shes actually quite nice, something of a power bottom, looks after her people, but she is ultimately motivated by her own ambitions, and her concern for creation only extends so far as the fact that she needs something to rule and a place for her people to live.
-She would want to protect and grow her domain, which is situated in the southwest, around a large volcano, this could be local, working on that goal directly, or by going abroad and destroying threats to the kingdom's, or creation's existence. This could also include more esoteric goals such as building alliances and trade, as well as the obvious direct goals of recovering artefacts or defeating foes. Shes a nice girl, but her decision making process ultimately boils down to 'does this benefit me and/or my kingdom?'
-Nomadic! focus on a region, then wander, then focus on new region, etc
-setting lore, power level, hilariawesomness
-the 200 page errata, the fact that kimbery has less charms than the other yozi, and the fact that its hard to play a Abyssal as anything other than a psycho or emo.

as a aside, and this might change things slightly but i know that common practice is to take as few infernal excellencies as possible.... but how much would it hurt me if i took a third, in relation to this games rules?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Darkling on September 05, 2013, 10:47:47 PM-She would want to protect and grow her domain, which is situated in the southwest, around a large volcano, this could be local, working on that goal directly, or by going abroad and destroying threats to the kingdom's, or creation's existence. This could also include more esoteric goals such as building alliances and trade, as well as the obvious direct goals of recovering artefacts or defeating foes. Shes a nice girl, but her decision making process ultimately boils down to 'does this benefit me and/or my kingdom?'

Sounds like our characters would get along great.... How is Dust with people being horribly tortured and their bodies being left in interesting and morbidly hilarious poses at your enemy's hideout?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wheresmycow

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 05, 2013, 10:52:35 PM
Sounds like our characters would get along great.... How is Dust with people being horribly tortured and their bodies being left in interesting and morbidly hilarious poses at your enemy's hideout?
Just to point out that, at default, Sanger is incredibly noble and honourable.  Torture won't sit well with him (he's compassion 4).

Admittedly, I can make Sanger less chivalrous, or make a different character, if this could potentially be too big of an issue.  This is just a heads up in case the characters are accepted as is.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 05, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

Would depend on who your torturing and why. Shes more of a make love not war sort of gal... and when that fails, you annihilate them and pretend they never existed sort.  If she were to judge the merit of terror tactics, shed probably favour batman style over vlad. Though she wouldnt stop you as long as you werent harming her law abiding subjects, as long as they obey her edicts and make the proper prayers, they are under her protection, thats part of the deal as far as shes concerned.

Stop playing with your food :P

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Gonna ask about a charm;

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Enlightened Fist Atemi
Cost: --; Martial Arts 5, Essence 5; Permanent
Keywords: None
Prereq: One complete Celestial Martial Art

Through long training and deep meditation, the martial arts master refines her talents into a fluid and all-encompassing perfection; the constant guidance of martial essence through rigorous and disciplined flows leaves the body preconditioned for such natural flows of vital essence - The Martial Artist permanently replaces her unarmed combat traits as follows:

Punch: Speed 4; Accuracy +2; Damage +3B/2; Defense (+Essence), Rate 3; N, O, D
Kick: Speed 5; Accuracy +1; Damage +6B/2 Defense (+Essence -2), Rate 2; N, O
Clinch: Speed 6; Accuracy +1; Damage +3B/2; Rate 1; N, C, P, O

Additionally, if the Martial Artist master is an Exalt, she may commit 3 motes as an Obvious effect to add her natural Magical Material bonus to her unarmed attacks indefinitely.

Terrestrial Masters who learn this charm must select their specific Jade bonus or the general Jade bonus when they learn this charm, and cannot change their decision. Jade Alchemicals always use the generic Jade option.)

Infernal Exalted add a sheen of vitriolic coating to their hands and feet which leak a caustic venom - their attacks inflict a poison (1A/action Toxicity (Essence)   Penalty -1) when they connect, doses build up normally.

Characters who know One Hand Fury apply this base modification only to attacks with their 'normal' hand.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

To answer the more mechanical question, Darkling, a third Excellency won't hurt you; it'll occupy (Essence) worth of non-Favored Charms in experience, which might be experience you want to spend elsewhere, but it'll also open you up to a third realm of things you can by-default be awesome in.  Most people find that two Yozi cover the largest range of behaviors that their characters are likely to pursue; a third will almost certainly cover the vast majority of the rest of cases.

A query on the concept: how do you see Dreams of Dust interacting with the other PCs when she's not acting in her capacity as seraphic defender of the volcano cult?  Unless everyone else decides that they want to play in that region on the long term, there are very likely going to arise situations where the question of "how does this affect me or my people" isn't one that's immediately relevant.

Enlightened Fist Atemi has tentative approval, so long as the line "These enhancements do not stack with other Charms that change the base damage of the martial artist's natural attacks" is added to it.