News:

Main Menu

Euro 2016

Started by Beorning, June 11, 2016, 02:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwaysh

Hear them roar! ;D

So proud of Wales though. Amazing structure to their back and middle formation. And dat Bale... of course.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Beorning

So, has anyone watched yesterday's Poland-Germany game (I haven't)? What are your opinions, if so?

Derwaysh

One observation I have made for most of the 'competitive' teams (Germany, England, France, Italy, etc.) this cup is the lack of shape to their formation and how it hardly holds against the counter. Germany seemed to struggle with that to a great degree yesterday. Low swapped his front three constantly but to no avail. Gotze seems to be struggling no matter where he is put, however (and surprisingly for me) Ozil did wonders. He has been magnificent with both his challenges and runs, even though he still struggles creating chances and that I'm notching to the understanding (or lack of) one develops only after playing with their peers for awhile.

Overall they are not looking like the team that won the world cup and things may change but we'll see.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Nico

Agreed. Germany really wasn't at their best. ~grumps~ Pretty disappointing, in fact.

Spain on the other hand? Oh yes they were good at yesterdays game against Turkey. Italy as well, of course. They're one of my favourites so far, to be honest.

Nico

Wales rocks today! ;D

Beorning

Poland vs Ukraine in half an hour!

You know, I get the feeling we'll lose. Why? Because everyone here is already soooo certain we'll going to win... The universe will play a trick on us for this arrogance  ;D

Beorning

Poland - Switzerland 1:1, with Poland winning in the... what's that last part of a game called in English, actually?

Anyway, we've made it to one-quarter finals!!!  :o  ;D

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 25, 2016, 10:52:23 AM
Poland - Switzerland 1:1, with Poland winning in the... what's that last part of a game called in English, actually?

Anyway, we've made it to one-quarter finals!!!  :o  ;D

Win on penalties.

And yes, Poland was clearly the better team today! ~thumbs up~

I hope Wales makes it!

Derwaysh

Whilst Poland was super fetch today, that Shaqiri overhead goal took the cake for me!

So excited for games to come. ;D

A/A

Nico

Quote from: Derwaysh on June 25, 2016, 01:56:45 PM
Whilst Poland was super fetch today, that Shaqiri overhead goal took the cake for me!

So excited for games to come. ;D
Yes!

That was the most awesome goal in the tournament thus far!

Beorning

True... We were watching the game at work. Everybody was sad to see Switzerland score, but people did comment that the goal was quite spectacular.

Deamonbane

Looks like Bale and his Wales made it! WOOOO HOOOO!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Beorning

Poland's next game is against Portugal. Are they good? They have Ronaldo...

Nico

Quote from: Beorning on June 26, 2016, 11:34:03 AM
Well, Portugal isn't just Ronaldo.

They're a good team, but they didn't blow my mind in the tournament so far.

Derwaysh

Quote from: Beorning on June 26, 2016, 11:34:03 AM

But - ooh la la! - Poland's got Lewandowski. ;D

Quote from: Nicholas on June 26, 2016, 11:46:40 AM
They're a good team, but they didn't blow my mind in the tournament so far.

+1. They are also too leaky in the back. I have always felt Portugal adjusts their style of play in contrast to their Iberian counterpart, who are always playing a patient, possession game. So if Spain's playing a possession game, Portugal would play an attacking brand with Nani and Ronaldo spearheading the offense and vice versa.

A/A

summoner2183

Nico

Quote from: summoner2183 on June 27, 2016, 03:46:04 AM
Did England win?
Thus far, yes. We will see what tonight brings when the Lions play against Iceland!

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

yobo

What a game by Iceland! It's not often I enjoy a football match as much as I did today.

It was also fun to see the former Viking-players Birkir Bjarnason and Jon Dadi Bödvarsson play today.

Nico

Oh yes, that was a great match, indeed! Iceland won, totally deserved. The Lions played like kids tonight and deserved the loss.

gaggedLouise

Brilliant comment tweet on England getting kicked out by Iceland, in their first ever major tournament:

QuoteThe England players chose to play badly as a protest against the establishment. A great strategy but now they are out of Europe
;D

https://twitter.com/adammeggido/status/74753257190761267o

By the way, the England-Iceland game was also a showdown between two Sweden-related captains.  Roy Hodgson is well known on the Swedish football scene, he coached two top-division teams to several championship wins and had a good deal of influence on tightening up the gameplay in the league, by his own example with those teams. And Lars Lagerbäck, the co-manager/trainer of the Iceland team, used to have the same post in his native Sweden.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Amelita

Àfram Ìsland!

What a thrill. I lost my voice both today and when we played Austria.
Can't belive we're in the quarter finals in the first major tournament we play in!

(Have a feeling we'll get our asses handed to us by France, though.)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

summoner2183

Whaddya know.. i expected England to at least make the Quarter Finals. Any ideas who their next manager would be?

Derwaysh

A real pity on England's part today... as much as I wanted them to go at least to the quarter finals, Iceland deserved to win and who knows what wonders they might pull!

Quote from: summoner2183 on June 27, 2016, 11:08:50 PM
Whaddya know.. i expected England to at least make the Quarter Finals. Any ideas who their next manager would be?

I was really hoping for Brendan Rogers but he's just started working for Celtic! XD

Though honestly? It doesn't really matter who takes the reins. A lot of these players need to grow up mentally before we can bring any international cup success into the equation.

I am really beginning to miss Ferdinand and Terry in the back.  :-(

A/A