If you played City of Heroes/City of Villains (Virtue Server Related Specific)

Started by Angelicant, June 20, 2013, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelicant

Quote from: Angelicant on June 20, 2013, 11:10:34 AMRe-Posted from my A/A Thread

June 20th, 2013 - Today is a very sad day for anyone who used to play City of Heroes on the Virtue Server and for those who knew Ascendant/Ascendant's Player. Still, there are many who were not on that server who knew of him as well. Today, one of the most beloved characters on our server and in the game, and a very dear friend to me and so many others, passed away after a lengthy illness. I received the shocking news a few hours ago and I think many of us are still in that state of shock over it. He was one of the most creative role-players and writers I had ever met, and heavens could that man make you laugh. I was blessed to have shared nine years of friendship, in and out of game. Countless moments of game play and joint stories over the years as my character's best friend, his love interest as the one who got away. Too many memories, in fact, to name.

I know I am not the only person on Elliquiy who used to play CoH/CoV. But I am not entirely sure if there are any former Virtue players here, or players who knew of him that, like so many of us, will miss this man and his characters. But if there are, I thought you would want to know. My heart goes out to his family in their time of grief.

God speed my friend! You are flying with Angels now.
Ascendant  - R.I.P. - City of Heroes Virtue Server
(copy and paste URL do not click) ftp://ftp.coh.com/comics/topcow/comic_19.pdf Cameo Appearance in City of Heroes Comic #19
❤ Want to know more about me, please check out my links above. ❤

Kazyth

Sadly, I don't think I ever met him, for all that I played CoH/CoV for the vast majority of time it was out.  Then again, I didn't end up on Virtue until after CoV came out, and played exclusively redside after that.  But still, I'd heard of Ascendant in passing at least, and I am sorry to hear about the loss of him.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Chris Brady

My Hero server was...  I think, Guardian.  Not sure which was my Villain one, but I knew of Ascendant.  Great guy all 'round.  May he rest in peace.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Batman4560

Ascendant was there when I started to play and helped me on almost all my quests, he was the kind of guy that didn't want anyone to fail and that meant the world to me. I hope his family will be ok.

Callie Del Noire

I played a LITTLE on Virtue.. I was mostly on Victory with Callie (my Broadsword/Regen scrapper) and Valerie Dobson (my SS/Invuln tanker) and I THINK I ran into Ascendent once or twice.

Cyrano Johnson

Condolences, he sounds like he was a great guy. The "Ascendant O's" routine gives a wonderful snapshot of his sense of humour, I'm sure he would've been excellent to know. Sorry for your loss.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Shjade

It's players like this that give me some inkling of why some people were so attached to CoX. I never really ran into players like Ascendant while I was playing, even on Virtue, so I never really got what pulled people into it. Things like seeing that guy on the phone? That's some great atmosphere for the game that the game itself lacks.

Big loss, I'm sure. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.