Seeking fans of Cthulhu! Seeking fans of Sci-Fi! Seeking fans of-what, wait?!

Started by ReijiTabibito, April 14, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Wintercat

I was starting to wonder already where this game went. No game announcement or anything, there's been no start that I'm unaware of has there?

Did this idea just get left dead in the water?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Kunoichi

I'm pretty sure Reiji's still planning to run it, he's just either not ready or doesn't currently have the time.

Callie Del Noire

Anathanasia

I'm wondering as well. I've been waiting like two weeks now for Reiji to get back to me on a couple background questions about my character before I finalize her, so at least a heads up on what's going on would be really nice!

Reiji, if you're just busy with exams or something that's cool, just please let us know what the deal is! :P
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

ReijiTabibito

The deal is: The school year is ending, finals are coming up, and trying to design encounters for you guys to fight that won't be ridiculously easy (thanks to an Efreet) or ridiculously hard (thanks to mortals) is kicking my ass.

Kunoichi

Eh, just make stealth a concern. ^^ I'm a big, fiery target for the military when transformed, after all.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 09, 2011, 04:41:07 PM
Eh, just make stealth a concern. ^^ I'm a big, fiery target for the military when transformed, after all.

not to mention wood floors are your enemy! Whoomph! <insert scream>

Or.. fight fighting systems that take out air (Halon clouds) :D

ReijiTabibito

Won't work.  All Tagers are mystically sealed, and have an air supply of two hours.  You guys can survive in freaking space.  And wood?  Who uses that in this day and age?  :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 09, 2011, 07:02:12 PM
Won't work.  All Tagers are mystically sealed, and have an air supply of two hours.  You guys can survive in freaking space.  And wood?  Who uses that in this day and age?  :P

The bad guy who has been using the same house a a lair for decades..and wants to keep the heavy tagers from coming to kill him. :D

Kunoichi

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 09, 2011, 07:43:21 PM
xD Hey, if wood won't work, how about glass?

Or butane container storeage warehouses.. I once played in a cyberpunk game where we had a running gunfight with two players using incendiary bullets and grenades. (we didn't know till the warewolf we were fighting through a pallet of them at us)

Wintercat

Reiji, considering how many are playing more physically adept characters already, I could swift my Sorcerer to a more active class like Tager if you'd prefer people followed that way of playing, or retract my involvement entirely. I hope to see the game going but as it stands I view my character as likely the least combat-worthy.

Anyhow, glad to see teh game seems to be still going on even if there is a reasonable slow-down for the time being, but the schools should be over soon no?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

@Wintercat: Your character is up to you.  My only involvement is to ensure that A, the character is not illegal, and B, the character would work reasonably well in the group (no sociopathic firebugs).

Yes, it is true that with our pack, we've got a lot of high physical characters.  But I would say that in a sense, that enhances a need for a 'smart' character like yours.

Bottom line: change your character if you want, but I think whether or not you do, we need a high-Intellect character.

Callie Del Noire

So we CAN'T make an evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight?

SomeGuy

Part of what's good about Cthulhutech  is that "I hit it with my axe" can't solve every problem, no matter how hard you can hit.

(I'm looking at you D&D, with your "do more damage then the combined HP of every published thing ever" shenanigans)

ReijiTabibito

Especially when you guys are fighting Chrysalis, and the head honcho is Nyarlathotep.

Callie Del Noire

Just need a bigger Multiangled axe. Really.

Would I lie?

(btw.. I'll be over THERE when you try to hit him)

Wintercat

Remind me to book a plane ticket to the other side of the world before you do that...

Trying to show off to beings that can cause your sanity to warp a few shades browner in an instant is not a good way to be spending time in my books.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

Actually, except for a couple of lines about supernatural abilities he has in the Ancient Enemies book...it sounds like the Director is just a regular human.

Kunoichi

Well, yes, but he's clearly just an avatar, or some other form of representative.  And a rather public one, at that.  He can't exactly have the ability to sprout fangs and tentacles without the wrong people taking an interest in Chrysalis...

ReijiTabibito

This is also true.  But for some reason, the writers seem to think that some sort of special measure is needed to kill him...I dunno.  It sounds stupid to me.