News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Forum Java chat

Started by Haibane, November 09, 2008, 04:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Seems to have gone offline again. Its probably sorcery.net doing something silly. Anyone got any ideas?

Vekseid

Only thing I can think of is if you have an older java version? Can you tell what version of JRE you have?

Haibane

Runtime Environment Standard Edition 1.3.1_11

Default Virtual Machine Version 1.3.1_11-b02

Java Plug-In 1.3.1_11

Chat is working now - it just started working of its own accord. I changed tabs went back and it was running *shrugs* The only two times it has failed on me has been today after the server move. Rest of the time I find it robust enough for my purposes.

Vekseid

...gods, woman.

http://www.java.com/en/download/

Get it.

And clean out your old java versions. All of them. Or else bad things can happen -_-

Haibane

Moondazed

Good heavens, don't encourage him! :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Trieste

We've already had to put off the weekly cleansing of the ego in deference to the hard work of the server move ... actually inflating the ego could be dangerous. ;)

Haibane

OK, which room do I go to for my punishment?

(Although in defence of Mister V. it would seem I had the equivalent of a Model T Ford on my 'puter instaed of a Bugatti Veyron. Hence my sheepishness.)

The Great Triangle

Also, if you spend a lot of time on the chat, it may be worthwhile to download mIRC, an IRC client which lets you experience the joys of IRC without the hassles of Java.

http://www.mirc.com/get.html
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Haibane

If I did I would, but I don't ;)

Vekseid

Just please be sure to uninstall the old versions of java on your machine. There are some really serious security issues with them.

Haibane

Yup, did that before putting the latest one on.