NEBULA HIGH! (Superhero High School! Seeking Teachers!)

Started by LunarSage, February 19, 2012, 07:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

NEBULA
HIGH

From the far reaches of the Earth and beyond came the Sentinels of Honor, the most powerful group of heroes the world had ever seen!  They first fought in the Golden Age against the Axis powers in the midst of World War 2, ever evolving and changing.  Some of their numbers are still around today, but most from those days are long gone or retired.  New blood joined, fought... some died but most persevered.  Through the decades the Sentinels of Honor remained strong, but so did the forces of evil.  An armored megalomaniac named the Decimator proved to be a near constant thorn in the sides of the Sentinels from the late 70s to today.  He and many others threatened the safety of our world, but always the Sentinels of Honor were there to stop them.  But you know this story... what you may not know is where the next generation of heroes is trained...

NEBULA HIGH! The world's foremost superhero training academy!  It's secret location, known to very few keeps the students safe from those who would wish them harm.  Normal students go to high school.  Super powered students go to NEBULA HIGH!  Whether they are referred to the school by their super powered parents or the government itself (for those with normal parents), all students find a home away from home for the school year at this prestigious institute.  At Nebula High they will learn all they need to know in order to be among the next generation of super powered defenders of the Earth.. and who knows?  Perhaps a handful will be selected to become the next to join the illustrious Sentinels of Honor!

Students arrive via teleportation disks at the beginning of the school year and live on campus until Summer vacation, when they are permitted to return home.  Occasional field trips to various places on Earth do occur, but under supervision of a senior staff member.  Classes include standard High School academia as well as things such as High Technology and Super Science, Hand to Hand Combat and Magic and Psychic Fortitude.  The school is technically unaffiliated with any government but has liaisons to each major country's Department of Superhuman Affairs (DSA).  As it was originally founded by an American based super team (The Sentinels of Honor), it is a predominantly English speaking school, though technological accommodations can be made for those who don't speak English, whether they be from a foreign country or another planet.

The Principal of the school is none other than former Sentinel, Neutron.  Now retired from fighting crime, he has nonetheless vowed to use his abilities to nurture the next generation of heroes.
Don't just go to school... go to NEBULA HIGH!

This will be a largely sandbox-style group game centered around a super powered high school similar to the one seen in the movie Sky High.  Teacher positions are limited but available until otherwise noted.  If you are going to play a student, they must be from 16 years of age to 18 years of age (Sophomore to Senior).  Please fill out the sheet below and submit it to Josietta and myself for approval. 

NAME:

NOM DE GUERRE: (What is your super name?)

PLAYER:

SEXUAL ORIENTATION:

POSITION/GRADE: (Position if Teacher, Grade if Student)

ORIGIN: (How did you get your powers?  A scientific accident?  Natural mutation?  Magic?  Alien?)

RESIDENCE: (Where are you from?)

PARENTS AND RELATIVES OF NOTE:

POWERS: (For Students, choose one major power and one minor.  Note that students may not have complete control over their powers.  That's one of the reasons why they're going to school at Nebula High, after all.)

The Appearance

EYE COLOR:

HAIR COLOR:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

BODY TYPE:

APPEARANCE:

Beyond the Image

DISLIKES:

TALENTS: (What kind of skills do you have?)

CHARACTER TRAITS: (Words that best describe your character)

PERSONALITY:

History

As of right now we need the following teacher PCs made:

*Vice Principal  TAKEN

*School Guidance Councilor
  TAKEN

*High Tech/Super Science Teacher  TAKEN

*Magic/Psychic Fortitude Teacher  TAKEN

*Vice Principal  TAKEN

-----------
We have the following NPC Teachers:

The Wolf (Hand to Hand Teacher)

Principal Neutron

Nurse Brentwood

Captain Indestructible (Gym Teacher and Football Coach)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

LunarSage

Please note that we are accepting original characters only as this is an original setting.

CurvyKitten

I'm in, just trying to figure out what I want to do. So many choices...hehe

Rayve13

Sounds great to me. Just need to work out a couple of concepts!

Senti

Is interested, can I be pants/rubbish I have an idea, you know I always behave.

LunarSage

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 20, 2012, 08:10:23 AM
I'm in, just trying to figure out what I want to do. So many choices...hehe

I look forward to whatever you decide on, darlin'!  :-)

Quote from: Rayve13 on February 20, 2012, 09:07:57 AM
Sounds great to me. Just need to work out a couple of concepts!

Sweet!  Again I look forward to seeing the concepts.  ;D

Quote from: Senti on February 20, 2012, 09:11:02 AM
Is interested, can I be pants/rubbish I have an idea, you know I always behave.

Denim Control as your minor power and Garbage Control as your major?  Sounds good!  :P

Senti

pants I mean underpants...naughty boy.

OOOOOOh young man....at your age ...at my age...

LunarSage

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Laughing Hyena

I'll play along as well as I am going through a superhero moment.

Jmorty33

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Rayve13

Tentatively aim me towards the high tech teacher, and maybe a student as well a bit later, depending on how many of the games I've expressed interest in actually start to exist.

Laughing Hyena

LunarSage

Quote from: Rayve13 on February 20, 2012, 12:13:30 PM
Tentatively aim me towards the high tech teacher, and maybe a student as well a bit later, depending on how many of the games I've expressed interest in actually start to exist.

Awww crap.  I'm sorry Rayve, but I just now got back online today and dealt with a PM from another player (which to be fair was sent first) asking to play the high tech teacher.  Had I been on this whole time I could have quickly let everyone know that role had been filled, but I did tell him that he could play that role.  You're still more than welcome to play another teacher role or a student.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on February 20, 2012, 12:25:56 PM
I take it Grade means 12th or 11th Grade and so forth.

Yeppers.  :-)

Quote from: Kokaine on February 20, 2012, 11:08:53 AM
My girlie will be sent sometime later today likely. *nods*

Sweetness!

Quote from: Jmorty33 on February 20, 2012, 11:45:41 AM
I'm down for playing a hero.

Right on.  ;D

Rayve13

No problem Lunar, things like that happen. I'll head back to the drawing board  :-)

Angel Fire

I am tentatively in as a student but I have to see how things pan out.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Elf

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Senti

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LunarSage

Elf

Laughing Hyena

Photo

i could probably fit this into my schedule. I'm a man but if anyone here knows me well, I'll be providing plenty of estrogen. My character sheet will be spun out in no time. Where are we posting our CS's... are we PMing them?
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Angel Fire

The first post will tell you where to send the CS to, hon. *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?