Slave World

Started by Google, May 10, 2012, 07:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duchess

how i end here ?? >:)

Montagne

Im very interested in playing an older male politician of the time; and a big fansdox fan. however, I saw there was some friction over the last page or so.... Could someone fill me in? I see stuff about mentors and voting in GMs... Is this something I should worry about? I don't want to play a game where we are at each others throats  (OOC'ly atleast :P) feel free to do it over PM if that is more appropriate, or here.

Haibane

Best to just read the thread so far Doc. You can skim to the relevant parts.

Montagne

*tentatively raises his hand* It seems we've got it pretty much sorted (I agree with google and Haibane on the mentor thing; ridiculous, and the suggested ideas, use as you see fit, don't let people highjack, but see if there are any fun ideas)

In that case I would like to play a young politician just elected. (by young of course I mean 30s) He believes in freedom yet has been brought up from a teenager in this male dominated society (this character idea may need refining as it would need to be set at least 20 or so years after the bill passed) I think it would be interesting to play a character who believes in freedom, but has this blindspot for women in that society, who could slide from his vision, or learn to want women's freedom as well, it could go either way. I love playing out corruption and redemption stories.

If that's not feasible due to the time frame I've got a few other ideas floating around in my head as well, so no probs... Hmmm.... Perhaps some sort of bounty hunter who catches those who try to escape. Depends what others play.

Duchess

I'll patiently wait to see what google set up before deciding  8-)

innerslut

I'm definitely interested in playing a slave, once everything gets hashed out. I had an idea for my character: she is the only daughter of a very wealthy business man. Her father is a supporter of freedom, and has plenty of money to pay for her freedom her entire life, so she isn't worried. Then something happens, maybe he is caught trying to help women, and they lose all their money right before her 18th birthday. He goes to jail, so there is no male relative to take her, so she gets thrown into public custody.
My Ons & Offs

<a href=http://www.f-list.net/c/puta>Detailed List of My Sexual Preferences

mightymick

I was really glad to find this thread. I love this idea so far, and I look forward to when everything gets hashed out. Now I've gotta decide about my character as well...
Mike's Roleplay Requests

A/A's

All my Love to Tomorrow

Google

Ok, I'm back, my schedual has somewhat normalized, as normal as it ever gets... an actual set of rules and a character profile outline will be coming soon... as will an actual thread for those things rather then this interest thread... things seem to have calmed down here which I am glad for...

However I am still nervous, I am continually warned about a certain person who has expressed interest...
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Haibane

Google, please don't go writing things like your last sentence in public, all it does is cause suspicion, rumours and negativity generally. All things that are bad for everyone.

The staff of Elliquiy always say that if there are issues with a player then you resolve them privately and in an adult way. You should PM this person you've had mentioned to you and talk things through to arrive at a solution you can both agree to. If you can't do that you should politely and still privately refuse them entry to your game. You're the GM, it's your game, you have every right to do that.

In my experience interest check threads at Elliquiy will always generate suggestions and ideas from some of the players. Its how human nature works. People like to show some way of expressing enthusiasm for a game. You shouldn't let it bother you (it should be the opposite in fact) and you can have character sheets submitted here too. That way you don't need a second thread and this becomes the one active thread in the players wanted area and will draw more attention to your proposed game (people will see it has lots of posts; that draws people in).

Google

This should be starting soon, perhaps tomorrow depending on when I am able to wake up... 14 hour days kick my ass...
Now if anyone has felt offended by doubts that I have voiced or issues that I have had with the way I am being treated by people who are interested if I do something for them... well then I am sorry about that.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Photo

"...and i can blosom in the pedals of an E...C....T...!"
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Google

Ok so here is the thing, the drama this game is causing has killed any muse that I had regarding it, Fuck the entire thing... people are now trying to sabotage other players for the crime of giving advice to a GM about who in the game might cause issue...

THe moderators of this site have been contacted and filled in on details... and as far as I am concerned this game is ready to die a silent and indignant death

Elias

I am not entirely sure of the rules in such cases, and I am not part of the issues surrounding the game so ill just ask is it allowed to use someone elses idea to run a game just like this? Can someone else pick it up and run with it?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Elias on May 23, 2012, 05:36:21 PM
I am not entirely sure of the rules in such cases, and I am not part of the issues surrounding the game so ill just ask is it allowed to use someone elses idea to run a game just like this? Can someone else pick it up and run with it?

I would be certainly willing to pick it up and run it, if that is possible, though I'm also somewhat unsure as to the situation. My guess is that since nothing was added to the vague notion that began this interest check thread, and that itself was not original material, that it shouldn't be a problem.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Google

It is not original, and honestly I don't have a problem with someone else starting something similar, I would likely even join and be happy to offer advice as requested... but I would ask that a few days are given to me to figure out what I am doing with it before it is used by someone else

PeacethatPowerbrings

Quote from: Google on May 24, 2012, 01:51:40 AM
I would ask that a few days are given to me to figure out what I am doing with it before it is used by someone else

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. I thought that your feelings on the matter were summed up by:

Quote from: Google on May 23, 2012, 04:03:04 PM
Ok so here is the thing, the drama this game is causing has killed any muse that I had regarding it, Fuck the entire thing...and as far as I am concerned this game is ready to die a silent and indignant death

Google

Can we at least acknowledge that I might want a day or two to figure it out

I mean I don't think I am asking for much...

PeacethatPowerbrings

Right, so. ;D Does anyone have any objections to my opening up a fresh version of this in a new thread?

Swordsman18

Peace, I think it best that until Google says a final word on the issue that it is best to lay back on the pushing for taking over, he asked for a few days and with the interest the idea got I am sure we are all more than willing to wait.

PeacethatPowerbrings

:-\ I can wait, but I'd rather see something done with this sooner rather than later.

Haibane

Just to let you all know I will be running my own version of this soon, I'm just going to hold back a couple of weeks out of respect for Google. My vision for a world in which this social change happens looked like it was going to be different to Google's in any event so it would be unlikely I'd have stayed in this game, even if it had got going. No offence to Google, I just have ideas of my own and would like to use them in a setting of my own design inspired by (not based on) the Fansadox comics.

minerva7790

I think Swordsman and Haibane are right. I think Google was strongly affected by the attention this idea of his got. Even if it was based off someone else's work, this was still Google's suggestion. If the man wants a couple of days or even weeks, we should give it to him.
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

PeacethatPowerbrings

I don't see any need for two new versions of this to start, so I'm happy to wait for Haibane's and join that.

Haibane

Er... well, if Google does decide to carry on... you should join his!

Tydorei

Or, do what I will do. And join both.  :-*