Favorite Fruit, and Why?

Started by LilySnape, September 02, 2011, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySnape

I'd have to say my favorite fruit/s are oranges and cherries.  They make a lovely pair, too.  For dessert at my favorite Japanese restaurant, they always give me this little bowl of tiny orange wedges and sliced cherries. :3
I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensare the senses.
~ Severus Snape

TheGlyphstone

I love mangos, and would eat them every day if I had a supply. Strawberries come second.

Kiwis are another favorite, not so much to eat, but because it's fun to say. Kiwi-kiwi-kiwi-kiwi-kiwi-kiwi...

Slaven

Oranges and Plums for me! I spent some time in Florida and my grandmother grew the most amazing oranges I have ever ate, nice, juicy, sweet..Haven't had an orange like that in six years.

Plums cause I have my own plum tree and eat plenty of them ever year. :P
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

undisclosedtoyou

Mmmm, are we counting berries?  Or maybe berries automatically count as fruit, and I'm just having a 'dun da da' moment lol.

My favorite changes from time to time.  Right now it's Raspberries, yummmmm.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Oniya

I used to like to go through the produce department and pick out the weirdest thing I could find.  Good finds:  Carambola, Cherimoya, and Kiwano.  Quince didn't impress me at all.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Oniya on September 02, 2011, 08:50:43 PM
I used to like to go through the produce department and pick out the weirdest thing I could find.  Good finds:  Carambola, Cherimoya, and Kiwano.  Quince didn't impress me at all.

When I have extra money to spend, I do that to!  Anything with pears in the mix is a win in my book.  Which reminds me...pears are so one of my favorites.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Saerrael

Damn, this is a hard question for me, to be honest. I'm very much a fruit person. I think that might be because I don't really enjoy sweets (too artificial to my taste).
I don't think I have a favourite fruit. *thinks deeply* It really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Right now, for one, it would be oranges and mangoes, but at other times I can't stand those.

LilySnape

Oh, PLUMS!  I forgot that I absolutely love a good plum, especially from my grandparent's tree.  Berries too, those are delicious, especially blackberries and boysenberries. :) Blackberry jam is awesome.
~ Severus Snape

Slaven

Quote from: LilySnape on September 02, 2011, 08:59:11 PM
Oh, PLUMS!  I forgot that I absolutely love a good plum, especially from my grandparent's tree.  Berries too, those are delicious, especially blackberries and boysenberries. :) Blackberry jam is awesome.

Ahh, glad our tastes equal! Nothing is better than a good, fresh, sweet plum!
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Reagan

Damsons.  They grow in my mum's garden too.  I make jam and wine from them.  She also has apricot and apple trees.   :-)

Ryven

Blackberries.  I just love the flavor, and they're so sweet when you pick them right from the plant.

Callie Del Noire

Blood Oranges.

I tried them in Italy and they blew my mind. I just loved the taste of them. I would eat 2 or 3 a meal and god help me if I got a quart of the juice.

Oreo

I can never pick an absolute favorite. I am glad they seem to come in waves through the year. If I had to pick a few they would be, blueberries, cherries, peaches, pluots, champagne mangoes and melons...or any fruit that drips to my elbows while eating. Don't make me choose just one.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

LilySnape

Quote from: Oreo on September 05, 2011, 06:04:21 PM
I can never pick an absolute favorite. I am glad they seem to come in waves through the year. If I had to pick a few they would be, blueberries, cherries, peaches, pluots, champagne mangoes and melons...or any fruit that drips to my elbows while eating. Don't make me choose just one.

You don't have to pick one.  I picked about six. (:
~ Severus Snape

Oreo

Quote from: LilySnape on September 05, 2011, 06:09:37 PM
You don't have to pick one.  I picked about six. (:

Wheeew! Because I just listed the top favorites. I love fruit in all its variety and didn't even mention, apples, figs, pineapple, berries, apricots or dates. Citrus would be up there too, but it messes with my medication.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Jag

Oranges, Pomegranates, plums, honeydew, watermelon, strawberries, mulberries, cherries, peaches, dragonfruit, figs...I could go on for a while.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Oreo

Oiy, I forgot pomegranates and I drink fresh pommy juice every day.

Jag

We get $6 worth of fruits and veggies with the baby's WIC. If there are pomegranates, then we get $6 worth of pomegranates. ^__^ It's a pain to peel off that little bit of fruit meat off the seed so the baby can eat it, but I'm glad she likes it so much.

Utopia

Pomegranates... want... I haven't had one in what feels like ages and it takes equally long to peel them, but these things range definitely high up in my personal fruit ranking. And, of course, apples. The greener the better. The family of my SO has enough apple trees to make circa 50 litres of fresh apple juice each fall and most of the trees are rare, old sorts that are nearly impossible to find but taste a lot better than the stuff you get in the supermarket. I'll have to keep him just because of that. ;D And I'd better not forget to mention starfruits... divine.

Oniya

Quote from: Utopia on September 06, 2011, 07:09:52 AM
Pomegranates... want... I haven't had one in what feels like ages and it takes equally long to peel them, but these things range definitely high up in my personal fruit ranking.

Alton Brown has tips on peeling poms.  I forget which part of the episode it was in, so here's the whole thing.

Good Eats S10E17 Fruit Ten from Outer Space (1/2)
Good Eats S10E17 Fruit Ten from Outer Space (2/2)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Jag

Utopia

Oniya, that is nothing short of absolutely brilliant. Not only the tips (which I have to try the next time I get my hand on a pomegranate) but that guy... brilliant. Just brilliant. Thank you for sharing!

Oniya

YouTube has a large number of his episodes available.   ;D

Jag

I wish Food Network would rerun it more often. V__V

Utopia

I shall look that up when I have the time. Fruits from Outer Space... -snerks- Thank the Internet for Youtube, it makes greatness available worldwide.

/hijack