A choice of group RPs.... (Please vote for your favourite)

Started by Chrystal, June 21, 2014, 07:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Well, it seems that my latest attempt at a group game has flubbed, so I have a GM slot open.

I have a number of ideas and I have no idea which one to go for, so I am going to leave this to a public vote.

Just because you vote doesn't mean you have to play and vice versa - not voting does not mean you can't play.

These are the options:

1) Cluedo Human N/C Freeform - Mystery

I have tried to run this three times and each time it never got as far as even the dead body being found.

Basically it is a murder mystery in the Agatha Christie style. I play a serious bitch who has pissed off a lot of people. Everyone else plays the people she has pissed off. Possibly, one person plays the sleuth, although this is not necessary. Character sheets will be PMed to me, and each of them will contain a motive for your character to murder mine, and whether you want to be the murderer or not. All the character sheets will be edited by myself to remove this info before being made public.

I will select someone to be the murderer by whatever means I see fit, and we start the show the evening prior to my character's untimely demise, enabling everyone to establish publicly why they dislike my character and also establish an alibi if they desire. We cut to next morning and my character is found dead. It is then up to the rest of you to deduce who the killer is before the police get there... (there will be a reason they can't).

2) Kelly's Heroes Human Light Semi-system (GM does the dice) "McGuffin Hunt"

Again I have tried to run this one before. It was a non-starter, because for some unfathomable reason, No-one Wanted To Play Kelly, Or Big Joe...! Without those two key characters there was simply no point! And I was not playing them because I was playing "The Rest Of The World" - All the Germans, and all the Americans not part of the immediate platoon.

If you are unfamiliar with the story, it is a WWII movie about a recon platoon that goes on a self imposed mission to liberate a bank containing $16,000,000 of gold bullion, 30 miles behind enemy lines. For our purposes it would be set either in an alternate earth WWII where women soldiers served on the front lines, or in a near future conflict using modern day weaponry...

3) On Golden Pond Human Extreme Consensual Freeform Sandbox

Another one I have tried several times before. It generates interest then no-one bothers posting. Pisses me off!

Anyway this one is not about being pissed off, but pissed on. Welcome to Madame Eau D'Or's watersports school. If you want to learn about bathroom play (golden only) this is the place to come. All players must be into watersports, and I would prefer it if most characters were too.

4) The Pony Palace Human Extreme N/C Freeform Sandbox

This one is a new idea I've been toying with for some time. It is all about Pony Play.

If you don't know what that is, Google it, but not at work or when you family is watching! Basically people dress up in sexy bondage costumes that resemble ponies, and other people train them make them pull carts, reward them with sex, punish them with pain...

The idea is tentative and would require a co-GM, but basically my idea is that I run a "pony ranch" with male and female ponies, some there willingly, others not, and rich customers come to the ranch for a ride...

5) The Drall Exotic N/C System

This one is the idea I had in my sig up until today. It requires a co-GM, as the lady who was my Co-GM can't do it now due to R/L commitments. Hence I have removed it. The game requires a lot of work still to put together and a Co-GM who is excited by the idea.

Basically it involves a spacecraft getting attacked by blue amorphous blobs, which slowly take over and reduce any player characters they catch to a state of continuous orgasmic bliss!

6) The Incubators Exotic N/C (or extreme) Freeform

Back to the reboots. I ran this one some time go, it started well, but then people just dropped out for no reason.

In this one, the Earth has been invaded by blob-like aliens with tentacles. All humans over 29 are killed. All humans under 16 have been taken away, no-one knows where. Those in between who are fit, healthy and "atractive" are rounded up and put into bare concrete compounds, where they are kept in mixed gender groups, naked.

The aliens are genderless, but have two classes, warriors are aggressive and can mimic anything. They lay eggs but the eggs are infertile. Then there are the breeders, These aliens can change shape but cannot copy texture or colour, so cannot fool a human. Their purpose is to lay eggs which are self fertilized, inside the orifices of another living creature - preferably mammalian, and preferably intelligent.

Well, you work it out...

So, I'm going to go with the majority vote, BUT, under the following conditions:

a) If the vote goes for Kelly's Heroes, I need a minimum of two people volunteering to play either Kelly or Big Joe.
b) If the vote goes for The Pony Palace I need at least one person volunteering to Co-GM who has some experience of GMing
c) If The vote goes for The Drall, I need someone to volunteer to co-GM and help me create the game system. Also I will need to check with the other lady that it is okay to use her idea.

NOTE: All the RPs will be LGBT friendly. They may or may not be QI friendly depending.

Over to you, Elliquiy.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

I placed some votes. I've got a weakness for tentacles and being violated... what can I say?

Strangefate

I voted for Cluedo, because such a game always sounds really fun to me, even though I’m not sure it could ever really work given the unfortunate player drop rate most games experience.  Be nice if did though.

And then I voted Pony Ranch and Incubators, just because.   Also…could someone tell me what QI stands for in this context? 
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Zeth

Mystery does not work well on forums because they require tons of back and forth between players and GM in quick questions. The only time I ran a successful mystery game was in person and even then I had to have the plot fairy whack players with her CLUE BY FOUR to get them on track.

Chrystal

I always hoped to run a group game that did not have a massive (30-50%) drop-out rate. I can understand it if a couple of people have sudden commitments come up, or if the GM is not clear on what the game involves and players find out after it starts that it isn't for them after all, but I have always tried (and these days I think I succeed) to give as much detail regarding what the game involves as possible, right up front.

The problem, I think, lies in people not bothering to read it...!

Anyway... This is about me having a number of ideas vying for my attention, and not the reasons group games fail.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Zillah

I've personally found that mystery RPs work exceedingly well.

Like most RPs, I suspect their success is partly a combination of finding the right players/GM, a lot of enthusiasm, and a lot of luck.

RedEve

Voted for Kelly's heroes on the assumption that - like your first attempt to run that game - we can make our own interpretation of the character.
So Big Joe would become Big Joelle. ;)

BTW, I would gladly play Big Joe (or rather his female stand-in). I think I played a variation on private Babra whom was actually called Barbara last time around. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Or just Big Jo (no e). Kelly could be a first name, too...

RedEve

I can't recall, why did that original attempt fail again?

Chrystal

No one volunteered to be Big Joe and no-one volunteered to be Kelly.

It kind-of doesn't work without the two principal characters!

Eventually people stopped posting to the recruitment thread, and I couldn't be bothered to bump it.

AurelieCatena

I voted for the pony-palace and the golden pond.

Chrystal

Thanks, Aurelie.

Although at the moment it is looking like Incubators is in front by a tentacle-tip

I'm actually rather pleased that I've already got 18 voters and it's only been a couple of days!

Chrystal

Quote from: Strangefate on June 21, 2014, 06:53:59 PM
.Also…could someone tell me what QI stands for in this context?

The last two letters of LGBTQI - Queer or Questioning, and Intersexed.

A note on the word "Queer"
Queer

1. An umbrella term which embraces a matrix of sexual preferences, orientations, and habits of the not-exclusively-heterosexual-and-monogamous majority. Queer includes lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transpeople, intersex persons, the radical sex communities, and many other sexually transgressive (underworld) explorers.

2. This term is sometimes used as a sexual orientation label instead of ‘bisexual’ as a way of acknowledging that there are more than two genders to be attracted to, or as a way of stating a non-heterosexual orientation without having to state who they are attracted to.

3. A reclaimed word that was formerly used solely as a slur but that has been semantically overturned by members of the maligned group, who use it as a term of defiant pride. ‘Queer’ is an example of a word undergoing this process. For decades ‘queer’ was used solely as a derogatory adjective for gays and lesbians, but in the 1980s the term began to be used by gay and lesbian activists as a term of self-identification. Eventually, it came to be used as an umbrella term that included gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people. Nevertheless, a sizable percentage of people to whom this term might apply still hold ‘queer’ to be a hateful insult, and its use by heterosexuals is often considered offensive. Similarly, other reclaimed words are usually offensive to the in-group when used by outsiders, so extreme caution must be taken concerning their use when one is not a member of the group

Renegade Vile

Greetings lady Chrystal,

In an effort to help out, I have cast two votes. One for Cluedo and one for Kelly's Heroes. The others are waaaaay out of my interest field so they did not speak to me. The former two, however, seem extremely interesting. If it turns out to be either, I'd be interested to see where it goes.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Zeth

I voted for the Drall and the Incubators, mainly because I enjoy Science Fiction and freaky blue blob sex.

jessie20

On Golden Pond.  Of course.

Willing to play Kelly's Hero, if my character can be female, and gay.  Is it realistic, however, to have female soldiers in WWII?  Perhaps nurses are recruited?
Girls, give me a holla' if you want to YIM

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Zeth on June 23, 2014, 10:19:19 AM
I voted for the Drall and the Incubators, mainly because I enjoy Science Fiction and freaky blue blob sex.

If you enjoy oviposition, Chrystal and I are looking for someone to play the role of spiders and driders. Pray check that thread.

Chrystal

Quote from: jessie20 on June 23, 2014, 10:23:34 AM
On Golden Pond.  Of course.

Willing to play Kelly's Hero, if my character can be female, and gay.  Is it realistic, however, to have female soldiers in WWII?  Perhaps nurses are recruited?

Not realistic at all, no...

As I said, it would be either an alternative universe WWII in which emancipation of women happened in the 18th century rather than the 19th, and gay rights were established in the early 20th century rather than the 21st, so that we could have female gay and gay female soldiers. OR, a near future conflict, probably in This setting, although that is not decided.

jessie20

I'm in then, if it happens.  Either.  haven't seen the movie, but might try and look it up.  I would be a shy soldier, up for anything if someone shows me love.

PigPin

Cluedo...so it was that person with that thing in that room.  I knew it.  I'm a sucker for a good mystery.

I'd give Kelly's a good go, Over hill, over dale, As we hit the dusty trail, And those caissons go rolling along....

Yukina

I've placed votes for "Pony Palace", "The Drall", and "The Incubators". :)

Nymphadora

In order of preference, my votes are:
The Pony Palace
Cluedo
The Drall
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Zillah

I have to say, while I love "Kelly's Heroes" as a movie (it was one of my dad's favorites!) I just can't wrap my head around this as a RP, at least not as this particular concept.

Still, I voted for some others. :)

Zeth

Quote from: AurelieCatena on June 23, 2014, 10:23:58 AM
If you enjoy oviposition, Chrystal and I are looking for someone to play the role of spiders and driders. Pray check that thread.

Sorry, I am far too green to play that role. I just came over from rpol which did not allow any NC play at all. I'm still learning.

AurelieCatena

Quote from: Zeth on June 24, 2014, 08:47:53 PM
Sorry, I am far too green to play that role. I just came over from rpol which did not allow any NC play at all. I'm still learning.

No worries, we are actually looking for a FEMALE player to take that spider role.

Astrofig

Vill

I can't vote: yer avatar be keepin' me too distracted!

RedEve

If I were to play Big Jo, she would be straight though. Regardless of the amount of smut/sex the game is supposed to encompass. :)

Chrystal

RedEve

Quote from: Chrystal on June 29, 2014, 05:29:12 AM
At the moment, Kelly's Heroes is lagging a bit...

Noticed that! :)

Pony play isn't my cup of tea either. Cluedo might be, though I would perhaps struggle a bit to create an interesting character for that (interesting to the other players I mean).

The Lovely Tsaritsa

The Golden Pond lags more. I vote for it, for fixing that . ;D

Zeth

I can't change my votes now, But I'd be interested in playing Cluedo if you get it going.

Chrystal

Still a couple of days voting left. So far 35 people have cast votes. That's more than I was expecting, but still not as many as I would like...

By the way if the result comes down to a tie, I will probably flip a coin or roll a dice or something...

Quote from: Zeth on June 29, 2014, 10:09:34 AM
I can't change my votes now, But I'd be interested in playing Cluedo if you get it going.

Actually, I thought I'd ticked the box that allowed people to change votes. Maybe that doesn't work or something... *shrug*

I'm thinking that, if the number one choice doesn't fly, I'll try the number two choice next, and so on... This was sort-of why I gave people three votes.  My original plan was that you could specify first second and third choices, but the poll system doesn't allow for it.

However I think this works. It's certainly better than the ridiculously complicated "electoral reform" system the Tories put forward as part of the deal to get into the Lib Dems' panties four years ago...!

Haibane

I really LOVE the idea of a female Kelly's Heroes game. Can I suggest setting it in the universe of Girls und Panzer?

Chrystal

I wasn't planning on doing these as "all-girl" games, but that is an option to consider...

And if my vote goes a different way, which at present is likely, I would certainly join such a game were someone to decide to run it..

jessie20

Dashenka

I've voted for three games. Don't mind to co-GM with you where needed.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

Eight Hours Voting Time Left!

Well, as type this, anyway. A few minutes under eight hours before the poll closes.

If you have an opinion, you don't have much time left to express it!

I'm interested to see if a "last minute flurry" of votes can change the result. So far it's still anyone's race!

Zillah

Chrystal

Welp, the result is in.

In 6th place with 7 votes is "On Golden Pond"

In 5th with 9 votes is "The Drall"

In 4th with 11 votes we have "Kelly's Heroes"

In 3rd with 13 votes is "Cluedo"

In 2nd place with 14 votes is "The Incubators"

but the winner, by a neck, with 16 votes:

The Pony Palace

I will be putting an interest check/recruitment thread up in the next couple of days.

RedEve

Chrystal

Dashenka

Come on people... 16 of us voted for this game, only a handful have signed in. There will be milk and cookies.... and boobs. Lots of boobs.

Come get them while they're fresh!

Zillah

The boobs, or the cookies?

Sorry - I didn't vote for ponies. Based on the results, I think I'm gonna be waiting a long time for one of my choices. :P

Chrystal

Quote from: Zillah on July 16, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

Sorry - I didn't vote for ponies. Based on the results, I think I'm gonna be waiting a long time for one of my choices. :P

Sorry about that, z. However, if you want to run one of the others, I will happily join and might even offer to co-GM for you.

Dashenka

Quote from: Zillah on July 16, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

Just took a shower so... both :D

Zillah

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

:D

And as for group games, I need to get one or two of my own off the ground first before I try to start one of yours, Chrystal! ::)