Exalted 2nd edition Looking for a group and Storyteller.

Started by Starfall Smiting Prince, August 09, 2010, 11:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starfall Smiting Prince

Well with an username like that, yeah you guessed right that I do enjoy the exalted game quite a bit. So I'm looking to play in an exalted game, willing to play any kind of celestial exalted or even a god-blooded (if a game focused on god blooded). I was a never big fan of the dragon blooded so not looking forward to play any of those.
What else? Ah yeah, if someone even want to do a campaign based on the Return of the Scarlet Empress, I'll be more than willing to play in it.
I like some kind of storyline to the roleplay but could play sandbox too. I think that having a common goal does help focusing the story more and stop the stalling of the story. I never played an Infernal exalted yet so bonus if someone want to make a game focused on the infernal coven and akumas.

I think that will be all.  Any questions? feel free to ask.

fallensaviour

Muse

Apologies that my own games are too full to accept an more, Starfall. 

I would ADORE a chance to play though. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Starfall Smiting Prince

No need to apologize man no problem, hopefully someone will make a game out of it.

avorae

I am so down for some exalted if we can get a ST to run it that is.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Sabriel

I may be interested in joining in on this, that is if all would not mind me being new at 2nd edition Exalted I do have the main book and the Lunars, but that's about it and Ive never played the new edition.  Ill keep any eye on this anyway, I hope you can find someone to run it.  :-)

Empyrean

I like Exalted a good deal and would be interested in STing but I'll be honest from the start. If I did ST I would need help with the mechanics part of the game. Fluff I get, crunch not so much. And, learning from past mistakes on here, I'd like the group fairly small.

That all said, I did just finish reading RotSE and I'd be interested in running a game based on it. :) By preference I'd prefer Celestial Exalted, though I could work with Terrestrials.

Starfall Smiting Prince

Alright I can help on the mechanics a bit if you have question but the best way to think about it well at least on the skill test kind of thing, you decide what rolls the players make.
For combat, there aren't really any easier way to explain but the way they have it laid out in the book (doesn't mean that it is easy, sadly have to reread it multiple times to get it) but essentially using x action changes your position in initiative during combat barring of course the use of charms.
A small group is fine with me, which group of exalted would you feel more comfortable in ST'ing?

Empyrean

Yeah. I can re-read and make adjustments as necessary. :)

As for the other question: I'd prefer Celestial Exalted. Solars, Lunars, and Infernals would work, but the book really got me interested in a setting where Sidereal PCs take the front stage. I like the thought of the PCs being (or becoming) the last Sidereals in existence and having to shoulder the fate of Creation on very young, untested shoulders. :)

That said, I'd have no qualms running a game for Infernals and akuma trying to claim Creation for their masters or running for Solars and/or Lunars out to save the world. :)

Starfall Smiting Prince

In order of preference at least for me for this game would be:
1.-Infernal and Akuma
2. Sidereals
3. Lunars

I do like the solars a lot but I want to see a different point of views from other celestial exalted  because Most of the exalted games that I played involved a circle of solars.

Creeper

I'd also be up for this, but with a preference for Solar Exalted or Alchemicals.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

HairyHeretic

I'm waiting for my FLGS to get in copies of the Return. I may well run it, depending on what I think of the campaign and how much I'd want to adjust things.

Infernals and Alchemicals wouldn't really fit into it mind you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Starfall Smiting Prince

I wouldn't mind playing in two campaigns of exalted if you do decide to run it as well, I see it as an opportunity to see the story from another POV plus each ST tells a story fairly differently and have room to do so with people like the Emissary etc...

HairyHeretic

Very true. I suspect every GM is going to put their own twist on the setting.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

avorae

Quote from: Empyrean on August 10, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
Yeah. I can re-read and make adjustments as necessary. :)

As for the other question: I'd prefer Celestial Exalted. Solars, Lunars, and Infernals would work, but the book really got me interested in a setting where Sidereal PCs take the front stage. I like the thought of the PCs being (or becoming) the last Sidereals in existence and having to shoulder the fate of Creation on very young, untested shoulders. :)

That said, I'd have no qualms running a game for Infernals and akuma trying to claim Creation for their masters or running for Solars and/or Lunars out to save the world. :)

Hmmm... Ive never played a sidereal before could be interesting to do. Well which ever you decide to do I am interested either way so count me in.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Picked up the Return this evening. Should hopefully get a chance to skim through it by the weekend, and will see how I am for time then.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Empyrean

HairyHeretic

If I like the campaign ideas, and feel I have time enough to do it, yes.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Empyrean

Okay cool. If you have time to run it then I'll happily be a player. If not I'll try to ST for the group.

Synecdoche17

Hi! :D

I haven't really done system games before, but I hear from a friend who's a fan of White Wolf that I would like this game's setting. So, total newbie, and I guess I don't have any preference for plot, other than wanting to be one of the 'good guys'.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Lira

I never played in an Exalted game, and not sure of the rules and whatnot, but I might be interested.  Can anyone recommend a website for a decent crash course in Exalted?

Starfall Smiting Prince

Hey Synecdocte, well the good guys by default are the solars(even some of them don't technically have to be nice) but imagine that the whole world believe that most of you are insane and monsters.

Hey Lira, here the wiki, it should help a bit at least: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Main_Page
For the system well, it's storyteller but I would say that it would be very hard without the books mostly due to combat being fairly complex and the possibility for people to do combos and the likes.

Brandon

Cant believe I didnt see this till now

Also interessted, although I havnt played much and will have to brush up on the rules. Is there anything set in stone yet as far as open material, settings, the types of exalts, or stories?
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Starfall Smiting Prince

So far seems like it's leaning toward the Solars if Hairy does choose to gm it.