HALO: New Dawn (interest check)

Started by Chreestafer, February 02, 2013, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

Just an interest check for now.  I have a few ideas rolling about in my head.

In search of about

• 3 spartans (i being one of them)
  • Pilot
  • 1 or 2 covenant

Slate if your interested and if enough do it well get started. :)

Gm or co-gm position available also.

CHARACTER:

Name:
Class: (type of spartan, i.e. sniper, heavy arms, regular soldier)
Photo or Description:
Bio:
Ons:
Offs:

Thanks! :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

ShadowFox89

I shall state rather than slate my interest, in playing a spartan with extensive pilot training.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

I'd need to more about the various plots, time periods, locations, etc before I could start thinking up a character.  What do you have in mind for this game?

Also, what kind of Spartans?  Twos?  Threes?  Fours?

Also also, I could GM.  I have a couple of plot ideas myself, but I've never had the chance to really try them out.

EDIT: Chree has passed the GM torch.  So, ya.  Hey Fox!  Here's a pair of ideas from a game I tried to set up last year.  Neither involve Spartans, but if anyone wants to play a S-II, -III, or -IV, let me know and we can come up with some new ideas.

"I need a weapon."

The Resistance
When they attacked Earth, the first place the Covenant landed was New Mombasa, a sprawling African metropolis mere miles from the Ark portal.  Their invasion was swift and brutal, and their retreat even more devastating.  However, the city remained occupied even after the Prophet of Regret fled to Installation 05, leaving vicious brute squads and groups of lesser Covenant to crush any semblance of humanity within the city in anticipation of the portal's opening.  Amidst this horror, a small yet durable resistance has come together, fighting to retake their city and force the Covenant off Earth.

Marooned
When the Pillar of Autumn crash-landed on Installation 04, much of the crew was scattered over a large area of the ring.  In the haste to regroup, some of the survivors were accidentally overlooked...  One such lifeboat crashes in an idyllic basin, on the coast of an azure lake dotted with mysterious structures.  Most of the occupants are killed, but a ragged handful endure.  Thinking there were no survivors, no rescue is sent.  Surrounded by mysterious alien ruins, they must evade the everpresent Covenant, survive the Flood infection, and unlock the mysteries of the ring before it is too late.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Question Mark

Not in those two ideas, but those are just some I had on the back burner.

I'm working on a couple that involve Spartans at the moment.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Question Mark

Ya, it's what I'm building the plot around.  It was pretty vague though.  Do you have any preference for Spartan generation, time period, location, conflict impetus, etc.?  If not, it's cool, but if you do, I'd like to know now so I can adapt the plot to it.

Judging by what you said, I'm guessing something with the Spartan-IV's around the time SpOps is taking place.

Chreestafer

Yeah its geared more around halo 4 as ive been on a halo 4 binge lately and have been playing it like a crack head lol
Ons and Offs
F-List

Shaitan

sounds like spartan IV's for the spartans if you've been hitting halo 4 that much lol

ShadowFox89

I have yet to play Halo4 and would likely not go for a game set in that time period.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Question Mark

Well, let's hear some ideas then!  Lets start with time period.

Early Great War?  PRE-Great War?  The Schism?  Post-Great War?