Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

The MetaKnight does not believe in the 4th wall.

I'm pretty sure that Derwaysh's "greed" for that ring is purely in character, and not a bid for power because he's evil. If I'm wrong, than I apologize, because I'm totally loving every post he makes and am not about to try an kill him.

Which is ironic, because this is the ONE chance I'll ever have to get rid of Trump in some way.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Derwaysh

Goblin Trump was seriously trumped by these two liberals lack of faith towards him. The dwarf obviously hated the Goblin’s fashion sense, which put Dolce and Gabbana to shame at the last pageant… like seriously shamed with big placards and firecrackers everywhere as Trump danced to ’Relax! Just do it! Don’t you wanna just do it!’ type shame. And the Tiefling was obviously vaccinated several times time in her life, which explained the lack of ‘manliness’, humanity and common sense on her part.

“If people have no money, we have to help people,” Trump said. "But that doesn't mean single payer. It means we have to help people. If somebody has no money and they're lying in the middle of the street and they're dying, I'm going to take care of that person. That’s just the type of person I am.” His hair was back to full length. No longer shall these two mock him! Almost as if lit on fire his mane high fived the skies and he walked slow-like but away from the dwarf and tiefling.

“If this means I lose an election, that's fine, because, frankly, we have to take care of the people in our country!” He added. His arms shaking like a fanatic, an act so intense it could sprout a goblin off the ground and shoot them up in the skies, but then again Trump was no ordinary goblin. “We can't let them die on the sidewalks of New York or the sidewalks of Iowa or anywhere else. Also I have great endorsements!” Trump said, adding that “many, many more are coming.” with the panache of a reindeer and the ferocity of a hippo.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

4 - Nobody (James Moriarty, King Serperior, Mintprincess, Strangefate)
1 - Derwaysh (Verasaille)
1 - Mintprincess (Blythe)
1 - Verasaille (Madame Professor)

Exploration

8 - In Favor (Derwaysh, King Serperior, James Moriarty, Madame Professor, Mintprincess, Remiel, Strangefate, Verasaille)

Ring of Friendship

4 - Derwaysh (Derwaysh, Madame Professor, Remiel, ThatRPGuy)
1 - Blythe (Strangefate)
1 - Remiel (James Moriarty)

With 12 votes in Play, it will take 7 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on Sunday, or when a party member has seven votes to be thrown out!

4 Hours Until Deadline
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Verasaille

This is killing me...but I have to cave...

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((NOBODY))

It's time to get serious. But Tisha is sad. Are all her warnings going to go in vain? The rest of my votes stand.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

DAY TWO IS OVER

The party decides to once again go the route of pacifism. Will pacifism prove the right approach? Will the infiltrators also hold back their blades? We'll find out tomorrow!

Nobody has been Eliminated
Nobody has been given the Ring
The Party Will Explore the Dungeon

Send me all night actions within 24 hours!

RedPhoenix

NIGHT TWO ENDS

The party wakes up after a good rest. As one after another gets some breakfast you all look around in surprise. Everyone is here alive and well.

Sort of.

Tisha the tiefling's skin has turned purple.

Nobody Died.
Verasaille's skin is Purple!

The party sets out to explore the dungeon!

RedPhoenix

DAY THREE

The party hacks and slashes through level three of the dungeon. This level is filled with zombies!! The undead brutes, once miners and innocents, also probably not so innocents, as well as some undead orcs and goblins are no match for the power of the assembled adventurers!

...except for one. Who they are more than a match for. As the loot is being divided after the last battle, you notice that your hireling is being rather lazy about carrying the bags. No amount of kicking and threatening to dock his pay does any good. Poor Twitch was no match for the threats of this level, and the zombies got to him!

"Poor guy." You say. "But at least he carried our treasure part of the way. Even this. Hey that looks nice what is ..." In Seranova's bags, you can't remember who put it there, is an ancient crown of solid gold, decorated with the finest gems and best carvings you've ever seen! It's so...

"SHINY!!!!" Trump the goblin exclaims. "SHINY!!!"

Before anyone can stop him, the goblin has snatched up the crown! Dancing from one leg to the next he happily proclaims how great this day is, and before anyone can stop him runs off!!!

You get the feeling he is not coming back. Nor is your treasure.

Seranova has been ripped apart by Zombies. He was an Adventurer (Good Guy), Hireling, Lawful Good, worshiper of the Divine Gods.

Derwaysh has run off with the BIG SHINY, fulfilled his victory condition, and WON THE GAME. He was the Lone Goblin, a Third Party Chaotic Neutral Goblin Thief. He had a fakeclaim as a Halfling Rogue, but he never used it.

Derwaysh has also stolen the Ring of Friendship.

But while the goblin has accomplished what he set out to do, the struggle between the adventurers and the infiltrators continues!

After a moment of staring at each other and feeling a bit foolish, someone finds a silver lining.

"I uh, guess we still have these?" Indeed, the party has found a new magical item to potentially distribute!

The Party has Found the Boots of Elvenkind! Whoever wears these will have priority in taking night actions, and theirs will resolve first regardless of whether anyone else's actions might block or stop them (or protect their target). Powers that potentially alter the results will be unaffected.

To distribute this item simply bold your choice and make it clear you are saying they get the ring, e.g. I think Bob should get the boots.

There are 10 players remaining, but 11 votes in play. It will take 6 to reach a majority!

The party must decide

- Who, if anyone, to eliminate
- Whether to keep exploring or not
- Who if anyone, should get the boots!

Derwaysh winning does not prevent the good guys or bad guys from winning too! Play on!

Blythe

Blythe says, "I used my powers on Remiel last night--I can detect if someone has magic or not. I can confirm he's a spellcaster of some sort. My powers don't tell me what kind...but I'm inclined to believe he's the cleric unless given proof otherwise."

King Serperior

Xavier threw his ax at the fleeing Goblin, but was too slow to kill it.  He picked it up, yelling out multiple expletives!

Shaking his head, he looked at the others, "I though long and hard about that thing and my grandfather would be ashamed of me.  Never trust a slagging Goblin.  Never again!"

Once he has calmed down, Xavier sighed and shook his head, "I had heard rumors of that crown.  My people would have had more honor to bring it home again."  It was obvious to everyone that this was as close to becoming emotional as they had ever seen the Dwarf.  However, after a moment, he composed himself and stared at the Tiefling, "Purple, like an amethyst.  I like it."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Galactic Druid

I'm confused. Did Seranova die because of an event that happened from exploring, or did it have something to do with a player ability?

Did Derwaysh kill him? Or did he just need him to die and got lucky?

I'm a little confused as to what's going on in this game...

Blythe

OOC: ThatRPGuy--to my knowledge, exploring the dungeon is dangerous. There is a risk of death if we explore. It's assumed that the payoff is potential level-ups for us (which means more potential powers to find the Bad Guys), but we risk losing people. At least, I think I have that right.

Galactic Druid

Holy shit. So we let the bad guys get more power, AND risk losing our own, for the potential of power, which even then might be distributed to the bad guys if we vote wrong? From here on out, if anyone votes t continue exploring, I'm just going to assume you're straight up evil.

King Serperior

((OOC - The goblin got what I needed to win outright, so....no votes for exploring onward will come from me.  I'm focusing on everything else from now on.))

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

THIS IS A GM POKE

The following players are cordially invited to post more or risk being mod killed.

- Strangefate
- James Moriarty

Mod Kills will occur in 48 hours if necessary (hopefully not). If a modkill occurs the deadline will reset.

Current deadline is Friday at 6 PM PST.

Blythe

Blythe says, "Exactly, Guy. I'm actually incredibly suspicious of anyone who voted to continue exploring last time. I'm not going to vote for Remiel just yet because my powers confirmed he's a caster of some sort, so I'm hoping he's on the Adventurer's side. That being said, I am casting a vote to take someone out this time. Why? Because I am suspicious of anyone who voted to lynch nobody and then voted to explore last time. As such...."

This is my VOTE! I am voting for James Moriarty.

The half-elf adds, "In addition, before voting to give someone the boots, I want to at least have a vague idea of who would get the best use of them. My powers detect magic....and I have one other ability that I'm not ready to disclose, but I'm not sure the boots help either of these things, so to be honest, I don't think I should have the boots. I think we do need to determine someone to get the boots, because they could give us brave-hearted true adventurers an edge at night. I also absolutely refuse to explore the dungeon further!"

Galactic Druid

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 01, 2016, 08:59:14 PM
THIS IS A GM POKE

The following players are cordially invited to post more or risk being mod killed.

- Strangefate
- James Moriarty

Mod Kills will occur in 48 hours if necessary (hopefully not). If a modkill occurs the deadline will reset.

Current deadline is Friday at 6 PM PST.

Hey Red, can we keep that kind of thing to PM please? When it comes to activity pokes, people may have all kinds of things going on in their lives, and being called out publicly can make things worse, or even kill their ability to use the game an as escape.

I'm not saying you can't remove inactive players, but I'd prefer people not get called out in the middle of the game thread.

Mintprincess

The Green haired dwarf clamored over to the torn apart body of the Twitchy-bag carrier.  "He knew," she sobbed softly. "He knew he was going to die on day three. I don't know how... but he told me."   Pretty green tears rolled down her face and pooled at her chin, before falling to the cavern floor.  "How could he have known unless something nefarious was going on?"   She was going to miss him.  Both the sweet way he carried her bags and the way he kept her warm during the cold nights. 

RedPhoenix

The rules aren't changing mid-game. Discussion of the rules can be PM'd to me or held until the game is over. I won't be responding to any more such posts in this thread.

Madame Professor

I'm confused... where does it say exploring is dangerous like that? So anytime we move forward someone can just randomly bite the dust?

I don't understand what's going on...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

Quote from: Madame Professor on February 01, 2016, 09:25:13 PM
I'm confused... where does it say exploring is dangerous like that? So anytime we move forward someone can just randomly bite the dust?

I don't understand what's going on...

((  That I can't answer, BUT I CAN POINT TO MY IC POST. ))

Galactic Druid

I for one, would like to hear more about this conversation, Minty....

Mintprincess

She looked up and wiped an arm across her eyes, trying to rid them of the tears.   "He came to me in the nights, the days, we were able to converse.  He said he received an ominous message from the village seer, a voice in the air that said 'on day three you will die screaming', before we left but that he couldn't resist the adventure.  He was scared though, that it was true."  She looked back down at his torn apart body, remembering the screams that had echoed through the cavern as the human had died.  "He was good though. He was a good person.  He just wanted adventure and to help carry the bags.  He never hurt anyone. And..." She blushed and then went back to sobbing.  "He was really good." 

Blythe

Blythe raises an eyebrow and says, "Sera knew he was going to die? Curiouser and curioser...I wonder who the Seer was..."

(OOC: Also, just so y'all are aware, because I can't remember where I read the dungeon exploring can mean death, I've asked the GM about it. I'm not afraid of people knowing I'm the one who asked since it's something that literally any role would need to know about. And because I was worried I'd told people wrongly.)

RedPhoenix

Question Asked - Can we die exploring?

Yes, but if you are at risk exploring the dungeon you will know well in advance. There is no RNG involved.

This was actually asked about before the game officially started, which is why some people may have problems remembering where they saw it. It is here -> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243260.msg12024954#msg12024954

Strangefate

OOC:  Yeah, I've been a touch confused with how things work in this game myself.  Seems to be a lot of moving parts.  Anyways, in an effort to keep up, I'm going to just go ahead and put aside the RP component of my posts going forward.  Those require a bit more time for me to write.  If I'm slowing the game up somehow though, feel free to kill me off, I don't mind and won't be upset!  I'm finding the pace of this one is too fast for me anyways with so much going on in it.

This is my Vote.  I Vote Not to Explore

This is my Vote.  I Vote to Remove Nobody
(as I don't have time to give it much thought or really discuss it, and don't like to randomly target others since you're as apt to kill heroes as villains).

This is my Vote.  I Vote to Give Myself the Boots (Why not?  It's the safest choice for me since I don't know what everyone's powers are and I'd rather the killers didn't go first.  Plus my character is elvish!  They should fit  :P )
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair