[PF] Rise of the Runelords - Recruitment Closed

Started by Re Z L, April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

With all the other adventure paths being run I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well. I'm planning to run the anniversary edition of the RotRL AP.

Some basic rules:

Source material:  Any official Pathfinder book (ie. not third party stuff).  I'd prefer to limit everything to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home just for ease of reference, but that's not to say something in a book that isn't on the SRD site isn't allowed, just ask if you're unsure and I'll probably say yes (I'm flexible).  Additionally the player's guide for this adventure path is located here:  http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tgl?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Rise-of-the-Runelords-Anniversary-Edition-Players-Guide

Starting level:  Level 1.  The adventure will take us all the way through to around level 15-17.

Ability Scores:  20 point buy as per http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Generating-Ability-Scores

Hit Points:  Max hit points for first level.  Subsequent levels will be half your class's hit die plus 1 (ex.  a Rogue has a d8, half of that is 4, plus 1 is 5).

Starting Wealth:  Average gold as per your character class as well as one free outfit costing 10 gold or less.

Traits:  2 Traits at the player's option

Applications:  You don't need a fully fleshed out character, a background with some additional character details is fine; such as personality, description (picture optional, but encouraged), class, and party role.

Number of players:  I'm looking for somewhere between 6-8 players, leaning more towards the lower end for the time being, but I do like large groups  ;D

Due Date:  I'd like to leave this open for recruitment for about a week--maybe less if interest seems to die out--to make sure enough people get the chance to respond.  This means the game will most likely begin a week from friday (3 May).

I think that just about covers everything...

So let me know if you're interested!  ;D

A&A

RubySlippers

I'll play never did an adventure path before, and the SRD is fine. What level to start?

Re Z L

Knew I'd forget something!

Level 1 to start out. The AP is designed to take us to around level 17ish.
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Anon315

I've always wanted to play RuLo. I'm in JR, but not this one. Should we look at the player's guide or anything to know a premise? Is there a player's guide?

RubySlippers

Good and I assume Kits are okay if official and what about alternative racial traits I have access to the OGL source?

Right now I will like to run a Halfling sorcerer or wizard her stature will be little but her spells as big as any big races.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Why not just allow all Official Paizo Pathfinder material(Core Book, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate books, etc)?

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 24, 2013, 04:26:51 PM
Why not just allow all Official Paizo Pathfinder material(Core Book, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate books, etc)?

As far as I know most/all of that material is available on http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

If something is missing just ask, I'll probably say yes.

I made the original post from my phone earlier, so I'm going to go back and make a few edits so all of the pertinent information is on the first post for everyone to read  ;D
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Wasn't sure, I just knew the 3.5 SRD was the bare bones of the system.

AndyZ

I'll sign on for this.  Dunno what I'll make yet though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

Okay I have Wyssal the Halfling wizard, not sure of archetypes and school yet. I have the idea to work on Arcane Armor Training for 3rd Level so she is designed accordingly.

Should be pretty capable as it looks now.

EDIT:

Wyssal
Halfling Wizard
Archetype [none]
Arcane School [Univeral]
Opposition Schools - Illusion and Necromancy

Wyssal is this adorable little Halfling woman with shiny and sparkly bits, odd symbols and common Halfling clothing with faire hair and dark eyes. She wields the Halfling sized quarterstaff [Crookedrune] an item that is her Arcane Focus and she plans to enchant it up later on. [weapon not a staff]

Hailing from the local Halfling communities and fortunate enough to train in magic she views it as an equalizer her magic spells are as big as any Bigger Race so its fair, her family are all farming folk with crafting skills and all but she found that so boring. Was considered talented by the Hedge Wizard Hobblenose who taught her.

EroticFantasyAuthor

So far my only ideas are either a pyromaniac(either Alchemist or Wizard) gnome or a something gunslinger.

Muse

Oh! 

Room for me?

I've been wanting to play my Aasimar Gunslinger (musket master) for a while, but I should probably come out with a cleric.  (No one ever wants to play a cleric but me.  :P  ) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Re Z L

Always room for more applicants  ;D

You're the fifth person so far to express interest.
A&A

Anon315

Application
Joran the Bow
Half-Elf Cleric of Erastil

Personality: Joran is a beacon of all that is good and proper. He radiates good, to the point that the thought of him even committing a foul act seems beyond possibility. It probably is. He treats everyone with respect, even those who make themselves his enemy. He has no qualms about violence, and is even a hunter, but he shows great reverence and respect for his quarry as well as any enemies he makes.

History: Left at a church shortly after his birth due to being born a half-elf, he spent his entire childhood and most of his adult life up to now in the church in one capacity or another. In childhood the church sheltered him from the greatest amount of the harm that would be a result of his half-breed nature. By the time it became apparent, he could generally pass himself off as pure-bred elf, though to the careful observer it was fairly obvious he was more hale and hearty than most of those kin. He follows Erastil, and has devoted himself to the work of the church. He teaches the use of the bow and takes care of animal problems plaguing local farmers. At current, he is on a pilgrimage to Sandpoint, to visit the newly completed cathedral.

Role: Ranged Support / Healer / Buffer

Ebb

I'm interested in joining as a fairly basic Dwarven ranger.

Dunn Brakov, Dwarven Ranger
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12146

History: Dunn hails from the village of Sweetspring, in the Calphiak Mountains. Nothing remains of the village now. Three years ago Sweetspring was attacked by family of hill giants wishing to claim the town's eponymous water source as their own. The giants were defeated, but the victory was pyrrhic. The third of the village that remained alive had no heart to remain near a spring now polluted with the blood of their clansmen. Dunn left with a burning desire for vengeance in his heart, but enough wisdom to know that seeking out giants in single combat was suicide. He needed to hone his weaponcraft first, which is unfortunate for any goblins or others who now cross his path. He has come to Sandpoint hoping to find like-minded adventurers in a region rumored to host more than a few of the hated giants.

Personality: At heart Dunn still believes that people are good, but that fate is cruel and cannot be guarded against. At any time the roof of the tunnel might collapse, or a monster far stronger than you might stumble across your path. He bears a fierce loyalty to whomever he chooses as his companions; he has lost enough in this life already. Dunn bears no illusions about nobility when it comes to combat, and is more than willing to employ tactics or dirty tricks when it comes to life and death situations.

Role: Melee combatant with some ranged ability, which should develop over time.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Wow you guys are quick, we're submitting applications then? Hmm

Anon315

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 24, 2013, 11:25:16 PM
Wow you guys are quick, we're submitting applications then? Hmm

That's what the opening post said to do.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PMApplications:  You don't need a fully fleshed out character, a background with some additional character details is fine; such as personality, description (picture optional, but encouraged), class, and party role.

Number of players:  I'm looking for somewhere between 6-8 players, leaning more towards the lower end for the time being, but I do like large groups  ;D

Due Date:  I'd like to leave this open for recruitment for about a week--maybe less if interest seems to die out--to make sure enough people get the chance to respond.  This means the game will most likely begin a week from friday (3 May).

I think that just about covers everything...

So let me know if you're interested!  ;D

EroticFantasyAuthor

Must've missed that

Oh and what is the expected level of erotic content that will be in this campaign?

Callie Del Noire

EroticFantasyAuthor

So far I believe we have a Cleric, Ranger and Paladin, with someone who's voiced interest in a gunslinger, and as for myself I'm not entirely sure yet.

The application thing makes me feel bit rushed.

Callie Del Noire

Remin the Claw

Name: Remin The Claw
Race: Catfolk
Class: Fighter

Background: He recalls a little of his childhood, before the Chelaxians who brought him to the north. A land of trees to the north and a hot dry land of grass where his family hunted the tall grass. Then there was blood and fire. Then he was taken and sold. Again and again. He learned to speak Common in the sands of Orsirion, he learned to hit a man hard enough to beat him to death when he was taken to Westcrown in Chelliax. A brawler and then a warrior, trained with sword and shield. Then he went west with his master.. to Korvosa. There one night..he stood tall over the bodies of sixteen bandits, tired and bloodly with a stolen sword and door in hand. The only one who remained standing beside his master.

For saving him, he was given his freedom, the blade he had taken and a handful of gold to make his way. Not many jobs for a cat-man so far from his home and in lands where men were beholden to Devils. So he took his money and freedom, collected the scalps of the men he'd killed for their bounties and headed towards Riddleport to find a way home.

or..
Something like this...

Name: Lissa of Korvosa
Class: Wizard (Evoker)
Race: Human (Chelaxian) (Or possibly Tiefling if allowed)
Background: Born and raised in Korvosa, the magical academy, she had never known anything beyond the study of magic till recently when she impulsively took her new standing as a graduate of the school to collect her meager trust and leave. She headed south to investigate the Cyphergate in Riddleport.

Lissa of Korvosa
Female Human (Varisian) Wizard 1
NG Medium Humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Club +0 (1d6/x2)
Ranged Light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20/x2)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (2/day) Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Burning Disarm (DC 15)
0 (at will) Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 14)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Scribe Scroll
Traits Scholar of the Ancients, Underlying Principles
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (local) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +8
Languages Abyssal, Azlanti, Common, Draconic, Infernal, Orc, Thassilonian, Varisian
SQ +2 to fortitude saves, arcane bonds (chitters [familiar], mongoose), empathic link with familiar, force missile (7/day), intense spells +1, opposition schools (illusion, necromancy), share spells with familiar, specialized schools (evocation)
Other Gear Club, Crossbow bolts (10), Light crossbow, Backpack (21 @ 27.5 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (1 @ 0 lbs), Flint and steel, Ink, black, Inkpen, Soap, Spell component pouch, Spellbook, Torch (10), Trail rations (5), Waterskin, Wizard's kit, 13 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
+2 to Fortitude saves You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Cypher Magic Gain bonuses to caster level when using scrolls
Cypher Script You are more efficient at using your spellbook
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Evocation Evokers revel in the raw power of magic, and can use it to create and destroy with shocking ease.
Force Missile (7/day) (Sp) Magic Missile hits for 1d4+1
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.

--------------------

Chitters (Familiar)
Mongoose
N Tiny Magical Beast ((animal))
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +2 natural)
hp 3 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., climbing (20 feet)
Melee Bite (Mongoose) +4 (1d3-4/x2)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 6 (10 vs. Trip)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +10 (+6 jump), Climb +10, Escape Artist +3, Fly +6, Linguistics -1, Perception +5, Spellcraft -1, Stealth +14; Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +4 Stealth
Languages
SQ attach, improved evasion
Other Gear You have no money!
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Attach (Ex) If you hit with the listed attack, you can latch on to your opponent.
Climbing (20 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Muse

Misti Amala: An Angel with a Shotgun

One day, about 69 years ago, a baby in a basket was left on the doorstep of the temple of Torag.  The babe was rather striking, with endless black eyes that had an amethyst luminescence in the right light.  The priests who examined her believed she had angelic blood.  They took her in.  An engineer-nun named Amala took responsibility for her care, and gave her the name Misti. 

Misti proved to have a very long childhood.  She Amala and her step sister grew old.  This made her very sad and drove her to spend time with the few more long lived temple residents and distance herself from others.  Nixi—a gnomish alchemist—and Rinda—a half elf temple guard—became her friends and teachers. 

One day, she found a beat up old musket in the vaults and received permission to make a project of repairing it and learning its use.  She mastered it and spent the first years of her adulthood in the temple guard.  She maintains this career today, but grows restless, wanting to have adventures and see the world. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552701
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tydorei