[Dungeon World] The Slave Pits of Levora

Started by The Great Triangle, December 19, 2012, 12:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

Given Theswyn's main kick is just seeing new stuff and learning about the non-elf world in general she'd be up for checking out a temple either before or after some other priority.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Meliai

Oh! And in case it wasn't obvious Seeker is a title/honorific. Like you might have Sister Blank or Father Whatever, Alcyonites are called Seekers, Scribes or Illuminators depending on their role in the church. Seekers are sent out to recover knowledge, Scribes maintain the archives, and Illuminators disseminate any knowledge that's safe for public consumption.

It looks like Resurrection's only a level 3 spell so it seems reasonable that the leader of Hawthorne's church could cast it.

Buuuut I will just get the whole thing written up tomorrow and we can hammer out the details from there.

If anyone wants to start puzzling over Bonds for Hawthorne she's quiet, intense, and a bit of a know-it-all, but fairly friendly once you get past that (of cours if you can't or don't want to get past that you probably just think she's a creepy little weirdo.) As with pretty much anyone from her religion she's always looking for new knowledge, so she's very eager to hear stories (there are bits of truth buried in even the most outlandish tales after all) but will absolutely not abide by willful ignorance. Members of her church are expected to be able to keep secrets when they must, and as a sort of test of faith they're to not tell their true names to people outside the church (so yeah Hawthorne is a pseudonym) though in practice there are generally at least one or two people who know any given member's name. Spreading that name around, however, is a massive breach of trust and she'll hate you forever :-)
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Shjade

Quote from: Meliai on December 22, 2012, 11:37:01 PM
If anyone wants to start puzzling over Bonds for Hawthorne she's quiet, intense, and a bit of a know-it-all, but fairly friendly once you get past that (of cours if you can't or don't want to get past that you probably just think she's a creepy little weirdo.) As with pretty much anyone from her religion she's always looking for new knowledge, so she's very eager to hear stories

I can work with that. :3
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

RedPhoenix

I added Kayla's personality and such to her profile, she's basically a kind-hearted farm girl who is better at fighting than farming and sort of represents a rebirth of the old school "pure earnest soul" type paladin as opposed to a trained knight. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

The Great Triangle

I absolutely love Hawthorne's background!  :D  The Alcyonites (generally known as the "Seekers") run the town library, then, which also serves as a school and a depository of census records.  The religious element of their function in society is known, but not at all understood, leaving them suspects in the cult of the Forgotten God.

As for visiting the temple, the bandit camps are conveniently on the way, so the group could knock over some bandits, then investigate the temple.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Domino

Added my sheet!

I was a bit hesitant at first, because I'll be out of town for about a week for a holiday. Please feel free to start without me though, I'm sure I could jump in later. ;)

I might have internet to post while I'm there, but I won't know until I get there.
"A complete stranger has the capacity to alter the life of another irrevocably. This domino effect has the capacity to change
the course of an entire world. That is what life is; a chain reaction of individuals colliding with others and influencing their
lives without realizing it. A decision that seems minuscule to you, may be monumental to the fate of the world."
-J.D. Stroube

About me [OOs]. My stories [Requests]. Availability: Unavailable. Frequency: Erratic.

The Great Triangle

I think what we'll do is decide whether to start with your character in the group based on whether you have internet on holiday, unless you just want to relax rather than roleplay.  We'll invent a quest for your character to have been occupied with previously, that you can roleplay layer.

Ons and Offs

Daril

I'm interested in joining if there's still room for another player character (would it make sense to have more than one party?).  I like the idea of a simple system as I've tended to find system games rather intimidating in the past.  This might be a good opportunity for me to get my feet wet.

The character I'm thinking of playing is a young elf girl who was raised by human adoptive parents.  She's curious about the culture her real parents came from but knows relatively little about it.  Although that history might not work if humans and elves have frequent contact with each other in this setting.  I'm also not entirely sure what class to play just yet.

Domino

No reliable Internet here, so please go on without me. It could be a week ish before I'm back.

Have fun!
"A complete stranger has the capacity to alter the life of another irrevocably. This domino effect has the capacity to change
the course of an entire world. That is what life is; a chain reaction of individuals colliding with others and influencing their
lives without realizing it. A decision that seems minuscule to you, may be monumental to the fate of the world."
-J.D. Stroube

About me [OOs]. My stories [Requests]. Availability: Unavailable. Frequency: Erratic.

The Great Triangle

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we have space for another player, but I'll work with you once I have things started!

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Also, I've opened up a game thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=161132.new#new

And OOC thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=161129.0

Ons and Offs