Seeking RPG Game Table Top/Any

Started by Aikochan, June 20, 2011, 02:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aikochan

whitewolf.com under forums in the exalted section its a sticky that says scroll of errata.. Ink Monkies and such its right on the top on the first page.

You gotta get the main scroll of errata from rpgdrivethru.com (forget) and its free so sign up (its only here) do this first

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 01:07:23 AM
whitewolf.com under forums in the exalted section its a sticky that says scroll of errata.. Ink Monkies and such its right on the top on the first page.

You gotta get the main scroll of errata from rpgdrivethru.com (forget) and its free so sign up (its only here) do this first

Nod nod, I did find the errata. Thought there was something else I was missing. :) Don't mind me, it's getting late as I said in the doormat thread, so I'm getting loopy.

Aikochan

Yuppers I get it and understand no biggie dearie. I hope you don't mind me calling you dearie

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 01:16:08 AM
Yuppers I get it and understand no biggie dearie. I hope you don't mind me calling you dearie

Nope, not at all.

Oh yea, now I found the other file you were talking about.

Aikochan

Quote from: Kuje on June 22, 2011, 01:18:13 AM
Nope, not at all.

Oh yea, now I found the other file you were talking about.
Kewl! Sorry my grammer is gone for the night. You will love this game! and I got some surprises in the future.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 01:32:11 AM
Kewl! Sorry my grammer is gone for the night. You will love this game! and I got some surprises in the future.

That's alright, my writing gets bad this late. :) And I'm looking forward to the game. Tomorrow, when I'm not so loopy, I'll try to figure out the rest of the char creation.

Aikochan

Its best to take your time with char creation. Cause I will tell you right now. Dots on a peice of paper mean nothing if you don't have a good character concept, a background, and a good personality. You don't need the greatests of backgrounds as much as concept and personality. The main thing is having an idea of what you want to do and how you want to accomplish it, and How you want to look while doing it. If you learn what I just told you then you will be able to play with any exalted group out there.

My friend and I are starting an exalted thread here soon its just me and them for now and then later they are going to make a new exalted group for others cause they want more players to join up and play. So They are happy to hear your interested.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 02:05:48 AM
Its best to take your time with char creation. Cause I will tell you right now. Dots on a peice of paper mean nothing if you don't have a good character concept, a background, and a good personality. You don't need the greatests of backgrounds as much as concept and personality. The main thing is having an idea of what you want to do and how you want to accomplish it, and How you want to look while doing it. If you learn what I just told you then you will be able to play with any exalted group out there.

My friend and I are starting an exalted thread here soon its just me and them for now and then later they are going to make a new exalted group for others cause they want more players to join up and play. So They are happy to hear your interested.

Indeed. Over the past few hours, I've been thinking of background, char concept, and other things. I should be able to put it into notes tomorrow and see what happens.

Aikochan

Sounds good dearie. Once you tell me all that I could help you with a character with the dots you put on your character sheet and give you the charms that you want to do. You build your character around what you want to do and how you want to do it. Your background has alot to do with it too. But.. Your charms decitate that you WILL accomplish it.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 02:15:30 AM
Sounds good dearie. Once you tell me all that I could help you with a character with the dots you put on your character sheet and give you the charms that you want to do. You build your character around what you want to do and how you want to do it. Your background has alot to do with it too. But.. Your charms decitate that you WILL accomplish it.

Sounds good. I'll see what I come up with and post it tomorrow. :)

Aikochan

Ok :) sounds good. Talk to you tomorrow then

Shimeka

Aikochan

Thanks Shimmy, can't wait to start playing! Yay! I got to start my first game!

Kuje, you want to see exactly what exalted is, go check out shimmy's link.

Kuje

I saw it, I just have to figure out how to make my char. Will work on it today, and try to figure it out.

Oh, and morning!

Kuje

Okies, I was thinking about this char and I was interested in being a member of the Twilight Caste.

He would also be a wandering healer/scholar that desires to learn anything, be it from books, people, or anything else while using that same knowledge, when it's needed, to heal those that he comes in contact with, if they need his skills. Be it using using medicine, occult, or investigation skills.

Just not sure how to make a char with these rules, as I said, I never used them before.

Aikochan

I will help you out when I am feeling a bit better to be able think on system stuff. Hopefully it will be soon. My meds are not working right today and I slept in too long.

Aikochan

ok give me an idea on how you want to look, and how you want to accomplish things. I also want to know what kind of skills you want, this has to do with how you want to do stuff.. Your attributes also have to be decided and this matters big time. Do you want to be more physical, more social, or more intelligent like.. Intelligence tree set is good for combat magic spells and things that have to be rolled for spells. Its also your inititive and all that stuff too.. Your smart skills.. Social is your social ability. and phsycial is your combat and defense, social is also your social defense too.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 07:11:44 PM
ok give me an idea on how you want to look, and how you want to accomplish things. I also want to know what kind of skills you want, this has to do with how you want to do stuff.. Your attributes also have to be decided and this matters big time. Do you want to be more physical, more social, or more intelligent like.. Intelligence tree set is good for combat magic spells and things that have to be rolled for spells. Its also your inititive and all that stuff too.. Your smart skills.. Social is your social ability. and phsycial is your combat and defense, social is also your social defense too.

Hmmm. Not really sure, sorry. Really struggling on learning these rules. :) I'd probably say he'd be more intelligence and social then physical.

Not sure how to decide his attributes.

As for appearance, that was another question I had last night but it slipped my mind. Is human the usual appearance for this setting, except for the faeries, etc?

I did buy the rulebook, so I planned on looking through it later tonight.

Aikochan

LOL then take your time on this. Cause you have to figure out my questions first before you can make a char.

No you can have animal features too but if your not a lunar you could be part beastman or just have some mutations to have them. But Human is the main species. Dragon blooded and gods blooded have unique features too.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 08:43:40 PM
LOL then take your time on this. Cause you have to figure out my questions first before you can make a char.

No you can have animal features too but if your not a lunar you could be part beastman or just have some mutations to have them. But Human is the main species. Dragon blooded and gods blooded have unique features too.

Okies. Yeah, I think at this point my best bet is to read through the sections of the core book later tonight. Then I'll have more idea on what I'm doing, I hope. :) Grins.

Aikochan

ok sounds good then :) I am not going anywhere really.. tomorrow I got one appointment but tonight at 3 am my time will be the end of day 3. So I am not sure what may happen then. We will see!

Kuje

This is what I've managed to complete so far on my own. Go me! :)

"Twilight Caste

Strength: 2   Charisma: 4       Perception: 3
Dexterity: 2  Manipulation: 2   Intelligence: 5
Stamina: 3    Appearance: 3     Wits: 3

Investigation: 2
Lore: 3
Medicine: 3
Occult: 2

18 dots to any abilities

10 charms, five from Caste or favored.

Compassion Virtue: 4
Conviction Virtue: 1
Temperance Virtue: 3
Valor Virtue: 1

Compassionate Matyrdom Flaw
Contempt of the Virtuous Flaw

Willpower:

Essence: 2
Personal Essence:
Peripheral Essence:

Appearance:

Goals: He would also be a wandering healer/scholar that desires to learn anything, be it from books, people, or anything else while using that same knowledge, when it's needed, to heal those that he comes in contact with, if they need his skills. Be it using using medicine, occult, or investigation skills."

However, I have a few questions which are:

I'm not sure what the book means when it says to take five favored abilities, so I haven't finished his abilities. Not sure how to pick Charms either.

Aikochan

ok, I can see some flaws in your character already. Like right now you can't get socery. You need occult of 3 and essence of 3 to get terristorial circle sorcery (charm)
Also if you want to be an investigator then go with a 5 int. If you want to be sorcerer. Then go 3 Per, 3 Wits, 4 int.. Physical go 3 dex 2 str 2 sta so you get a dodge dv. but iif you want to go more scholary type then you got a good set  up.. I need a reason.

Your virtures I need to know 1 conviction and a 1 valor. a 4 compassion, and such. I need to know more about what you wanna do here.

Kuje

Quote from: Aikochan on June 22, 2011, 11:21:53 PM
ok, I can see some flaws in your character already. Like right now you can't get socery. You need occult of 3 and essence of 3 to get terristorial circle sorcery (charm)
Also if you want to be an investigator then go with a 5 int. If you want to be sorcerer. Then go 3 Per, 3 Wits, 4 int.. Physical go 3 dex 2 str 2 sta so you get a dodge dv. but iif you want to go more scholary type then you got a good set  up.. I need a reason.

Your virtures I need to know 1 conviction and a 1 valor. a 4 compassion, and such. I need to know more about what you wanna do here.

Yea, I was thinking he was more of a scholar. I did do my virtues, they are a bit down the page a bit..... I can fix the occult and essence. Mostly right now I'm trying to figure out the five favored abilities and charms. Until I can figure out his willpower, I can't do his essence because i need his willpower stat for that.....

Aikochan

ok, favored, you'd want dodge, and some weapon skill. then you got 3 others....

If you want social.. You'd want pressence and performance as favored..

and 1 other. take your pick