School for the Super-Gifted NEEDS MORE LADIES!!!! LOOKING FOR FRESH RECRUITS!!!

Started by Chreestafer, July 02, 2015, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

I can pretty well. He would become deeply depressed.  If the person survived he would work to take care of them.  If they didn't he would try to never use his powers again. Until something convinced him he could do some good and save people.  Or that he would be a great villain. 

Captain Whitebread

Just because he starts out intending to be a hero doesn't mean he won't end up a villain.  Besides, it's the bad guys that are the most interesting.

I've always wanted to do a table top RP where the characters are heroes but have traditionally villainous powers (Poison Touch, Fear Aura, Animate Dead things like that)
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Angie

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 08, 2015, 10:41:26 PM
Just because he starts out intending to be a hero doesn't mean he won't end up a villain.  Besides, it's the bad guys that are the most interesting.

I've always wanted to do a table top RP where the characters are heroes but have traditionally villainous powers (Poison Touch, Fear Aura, Animate Dead things like that)

You haven't seen some of my heroes then. I once made an honest to God Necromancer who was firmly on the side of good. He used necromancy to destroy the undead-who better to destroy them then one who could (maybe) make them?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Captain Whitebread

Makes sense.

The one I've been dying to try calls himself Legion.  What he does is makes people's head and limbs fall off, including his own.  Then he reassembles the pieces (arms, legs and torsos) into a giant human centipede, leaving the heads, aware and screaming, lying on the ground while he runs off with their bodies to fight crime.  The pieces all go back and reassemble themselves after he's done.  I somehow don't see many people considering him a hero.

I've also played a villain who inadvertently saved the world from an alien invasion.  All he wanted to do was 'collect' pottery....

Angie

Ugh, I feel absolutely horrible...I haven't heard from Foxy Oni all day, and I still feel really bad for what I said...I even PMed her and haven't heard anything.

bend

I love giving my characters powers that come with a steep price. They could turn into inhuman freaks, they could get psychological changes, or a combination of those like poor Layla. Or perhaps, they have no powers at all, or a useless one, in a superhero world...
I wrote a girl so loaded with powers she was hardly human anymore, and a Star Lord style one who only relies on wits and big guns. None of them can be considered normal.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 09, 2015, 12:32:55 AM
Ugh, I feel absolutely horrible...I haven't heard from Foxy Oni all day, and I still feel really bad for what I said...I even PMed her and haven't heard anything.

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's not something that should cause that much worry.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: vatovie on July 08, 2015, 06:43:30 PM
Boarding school is probably best. Also what do you guys think of The very nice Mountain. I mean Strongarm.

I think it's an interesting mix of powers... Just the invincibility itself reminds me of an old character from Rising Stars named Peter Dawson. He was pretty low powered of the Specials, but a shield made him invincible and took away all sensation except for taste. Peter was killed when Jason put a plastic bag over his head.... I miss that series and was unable to finish it. The Marine Base PX where I was stationed stopped carrying it at issue 20!

bend

Can i send in a second character? Iron Maiden will love this one.

I'll do the full sheet tomorrow morning, but in short, Emily is a young MtF transgender girl and a mutant. She's a tech genius and is basically your resident geek girl. Her dream is to build a battlesuit and become a superheroine. Yes, lots of Iron Man references, so sue me.

Be kind to Em, she's my favorite!
- A&A - On & Offs -

Chreestafer

build her and pm me with the specs, but at this moment im only allowing one, however i was going to allow 2 characters at a time prior to start in case we needed them, its still something im thinking on at the moment.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Angie

Quote from: bend on July 09, 2015, 03:32:59 PM
Can i send in a second character? Iron Maiden will love this one.

I'll do the full sheet tomorrow morning, but in short, Emily is a young MtF transgender girl and a mutant. She's a tech genius and is basically your resident geek girl. Her dream is to build a battlesuit and become a superheroine. Yes, lots of Iron Man references, so sue me.

Be kind to Em, she's my favorite!

Iron Maiden is off to the side going 'you want any help with that?'

Captain Whitebread

Protean has her back.  Anybody hassling her would have to deal with an appropriately sized bundle of growling fur.

Batman4560

Man I take a week break and look at this.... Is it to late to join as a male character?

Captain Whitebread

I'm not going to force you to play a female character, unless you want to....

Chreestafer

How many of you would be for playing 2 characters if allowed?

@Batman, post up a character, all players are subject to GM approval, so very few have been "accepted"
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

apygoos

im not opposed to two, but maybe should start with only one for a little bit before getting a second?

mia h

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 10, 2015, 02:53:02 PM
How many of you would be for playing 2 characters if allowed?

@Batman, post up a character, all players are subject to GM approval, so very few have been "accepted"

So if characters haven't been "accepted" are you going to let people know and maybe provide some feedback?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Angie

Chreestafer

Quote from: mia h on July 10, 2015, 04:12:24 PM
So if characters haven't been "accepted" are you going to let people know and maybe provide some feedback?

Yes, when it comes down to selection time we'll be talking to everyone
Ons and Offs
F-List

Captain Whitebread

I'm only going to have one specific PC student but them I'm going to be handling multiple NPCs as a Co-DM, so I'm going to have lots of characters to play with....

MaiMizzu

If I may.. should we have an OOC thread by this point? I mean we're really getting underway, right?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Captain Whitebread

I think this may be the OOC thread.  LOL

It seems to be the consensus that the school be a boarding school, but I'm thinking it is federally funded rather than being a private school.  This way we can have privileged kids rubbing shoulders with the dirt poor.

Are there any other features that people want?  A portion of the school funded by the military, for example, with the expectation that some students were either sponsored by the military or expected to join up on graduation? Or is there an altruistic private sponsor with perhaps his own agenda?  Or do you want to know who is paying for your education?

Angie

Theoretically, Iron Maiden, with her tech patents, could also be investing a heavy chunk of change into the school. She's certainly not Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark levels of wealth, but enough that she probably has a plague on the wall with her name on it next to "thank you for your sponsorship".

Yes I am thinking heavily about her finances because I heavily believe in Cutting Lex Luthor a fucking check!

Captain Whitebread

Iron Maiden is there because she paid for the gymnasium. the cafeteria and the science lab and she's personally invested in nurturing students.  Miss Myth is there because she doesn't want the risk of being a hero and is attracted to a significant portion of the students.  Nightingale is there because he had a choice between this or prison.

Yeah, we've got some winners on the teaching staff.....

Nightingale, btw is going to be my primary teaching character.  They didn't have enough to clinch the case, so he plea bargained.  He also happens to be a teacher in his secret identity.  Ironically, he's not a villain.

Angie

Iron Maiden is probably sympathetic. After all, she was in that situation, and I'm even writing her origin story (hopefully I'll actually finish this one). I even have an investigator character for other kinds of games who has a code-part of it is "if you meet an accused man, you have met a man accused. Nothing else." (i.e. TREAT PEOPLE NICE!)