Maid Operators Operating Operationally (Maid RPG)

Started by Autocad, August 02, 2016, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

Because there can't be too much love for Maid RPG!

Maids who double as bodyguards because there are always kidnappers / assassins after the master. PMC maids going on black missions using their maid jobs as cover. Former super soldiers / operators / mercenaries in their past lives now clean and legitimate maids who thought they escaped for it all, only for their pasts to haunt them.

Lunar Raven

Don't see too much call for the Maid RPG system, lol.  For myself, my preferences run towards playing the Master or the Butler.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Jaded

wander

*wanders through, notices this thread on the off-chance...*

Heya Autocad! ^^

I happen to enjoy Maid myself, though it'd be as a player rather than a GM. I have GM'd a game here before, though I got kinda stressed out with it. ^^; Playing is much more my speed and something actually pretty fun I'd like to do again. :)

Lunar Raven

Well, just to check on where people interests run, what type of genre would everyone's interests run?  (e.g. traditional big mansion/wealthy heir with the girls in french maid dresses, modern day, feudal japan, fantasy, etc...)

Idea & Request Thread

wander

Seems Autocad is after modern paramilitary-styled maids from the OP.

I'm admittedly not too much a fan of this genre, though with Maid it could be fun. I'm pretty open to setting myself, I may tout more of an opinion after other people talk on what they're after.

Lunar Raven

I noticed, but since I didn't see anyone else second it, I thought I'd just check what individual preferences actually were, and maybe get an agreed upon aggregate.

I'm up for most things myself, but I just need to make sure the players are in harmony over what they'll be playing.

Idea & Request Thread

Autocad

The great thing about Maid is that it starts on such a silly premise anyways that you can have different themed and genre'd maids without being too far out of place. So everyone can play the maid that they want.

Jaded

Lunar Raven

Well, I think the most important to start out on will be what sort of Master the Maids would be interested in serving under.  I'm gravitating towards a male master, but could pitch a trans/futa master in a pinch.

You guys favoring a traditional mansion or something a bit more unorthodox?

For myself, I'm a bit in the mood for something of a normal setting that turns weird (cult/Cthullu weird) or on the opposite end of the spectrum of being zany fun/action.  That said, I can adapt to most things and can even do softer/slower paces.

Anyone feeling like coming up with something for their character can find creation guidelines here.

Idea & Request Thread

Jaded

I prefer a male master.  I am fine with anything for mansion, my preference might just be to randomly generate it and see what comes out the other end, but don't mind paramilitary, cult/cthulhu, or most anything else .

wander

Lunar Raven

Okay, after rolling two potential masters out, we have:

NATHAN ARMSTRONG
Master Type: 4. Natural born
Special Qualities: 45. Scars; 11. Glasses
Stress Explosion: 24. Racing
Power Source: 12. Popularity

Athletics
Affection
Skill
Cunning
Luck
Will

Nathan is the young heir to the Armstrong cooperation, which includes not only hard cash but also numerous powerful enterprises.  Unfortunately, from a young age, he received hard lessons from his disciplinarian father which left him more on the timid side when it came to making decisions.  When his sire passed away, greedy relatives were able wrest away most of what he had - Nathan's father had married a woman his family didn't approve of and they transferred their contempt whole onto him.

Even before losing everything, his good-natured manner endeared him to a lot of people who thought him a good change from the typical grasping Armstrongs and a lot of people were hoping to see him in the governing chair.  Even now, he still has this general sense of good-will, magnified now that the avaricious nature of his family has come to the fore.

Though most assume timidity from his appearance, in person (especially in judgement), Nathan is stern but fair.

MARCUS HASHFORD
Master Type: 5. Aristocrat
Special Qualities: 55. Artist; 34. Vampire
Stress Explosion: 56. Binge
Power Source: 7. Assets

Athletics
Affection
Skill
Cunning
Luck
Will

Marcus was a normal boy who liked to explore the backwoods of his parent's country home until he accidentally stumbled upon an old burial mound deep in the forest when he got lost.  The next week after was a haze of half-remembered and uncertain memories, but by the time he was lucid again, it was determined that he had contracted vampirism, something that turned his life upside down.  His parents kept things hushed up and Marcus rarely left his family's estate whilst they tried to search for some means to reverse things.  After they died of old age, Marcus has convinced himself that the cure to his problem won't be found by scientific method.

Despite his condition, Marcus has managed to feed off the minimal needed to remain alive (thereby weakening him greatly from his full potential), and relies on blood packs when he does.  Without needing (nor feeling the need for) the comforts of the living, Marcus has amassed fortunes over the decades and finally feels he has enough to start searching for clues as to the origins of how he became as he is and how to reverse it.

After randomly rolling two mansions out, we have:

ONE BEDROOM HOME
World: Contemporary
Type: 5. Room
Special Facilities: 44. Stable; 13. Open-air Bath

OLD RUINS
World: Wild Kingdom
Type: 5. Ruins
Special Facilities: 54. Underground Kingdom; 64. Torture Room

If you guys have a preference, let me know.  Likewise, I'm not against rolling up new ones either.

I'm thinking we can start things off with a sense of normalcy, but either way there will be a bit of the supernatural later, as the master is searching looking to attain a magical power source (each master has different motivations; Marcus is looking for the cure to his vampirism, Nathan is hoping for something that will give him power to over come his avaricious relatives that managed to strong-arm him out of his inheritance.)

For a sense of action, rival powers are also seeking this power source, and strange creatures/entities may make an appearance.

The master has been seeking to recruit maids with unique and unusual talents, since he'd prefer to conduct his search with as little people in the know as possible.  The characters are hired as maids in name, mostly as a cover for whatever else they're really being hired to do.  That said, sometimes, a sense of normalcy needs to be kept when nosy people come snooping around and they have to look to be maids in name as well as in fact!

Again, for repeat, the guidelines are here. If you want help or would like to run anything by me, feel free to drop a PM or just put it up here.

Idea & Request Thread

wander

I prefer the vampire master myself, whilst the first guy has more backstory, I feel the second vampire master captures the lighter and more anime-feel of what a Maid game should be. (Also I'm getting a Hellsing vibe, which I think Autocad would like ^^).

I'm leaning towards Old Ruins for the mansion, though honestly I'm not really taken with either... The first one is fairly basic whilst the second is a bit too removed for a mansion in my eyes, though if people think different it won't bother me, Maid has always been more about the characters and harem comedy than it's mansion, really.

Lunar Raven

Lol, all of those were randomly generated since I didn't have any particular preference; the masters just got backstory according to the what I rolled up for them (10 minutes of work each).  It wouldn't be too much to redesign them, or even combine things together.  If anyone wants to make suggestions as to what would make things fun (the aim of the Maid RPG I think), feel free to suggest them.

The old ruins I was thinking about dealt mainly with an old, dilapidated place, that's on the very edge of civilisation (say some forest reserve or such) and the quest to restore it to some measure of majesty whilst seeing how the various events makes for entertainment and challenges.

The one bedroom home is chiefly about the potentially naughty problems of having to share a home that has only a single bedroom, or at least so I understood from the core book.

Idea & Request Thread

wander

Heh, well with that I'll vote for the one-bedroom house.  ;D

Jaded

My vote would be vampire and ruins, but I am fine with any of the options. :-)

Autocad

Lunar Raven

Okay, behold the pitch (btw, if anyone prefers Japanese setting and names, I can do that too):

Crescent Hill Manor has long sat on the far outskirts of High Falls town, built in the early 1800s before being abandoned in 1862 after the family patriarch died and no one wanted to take it up again.  Even before, the place was said to be haunted and accident prone.  Two attempts were made to demolish it in 1961 and 2003 to make way for other projects, but were unsuccessful; the first from numerous suspicious sabotages and the second when the demolition crew vanished, leaving all their equipment right in front of the manor.  No one has since tried again and High Falls is content to pretend it doesn't exist.  Children have often used the place as a dare for scary games, yet, to date, no one has met with any unfortunate incidents since.

Now, in 2016, the manor and land has been purchased by a Marcus Hashford, a wealthy reclusive who has since taken it up to renovate the mansion to a semblance of its former glory.  Undaunted by rumours and superstition, he moved in and employed contractors (from out of town, since the locals didn't want to come near).  The outside of the mansion was mostly brought back to glory.  Unfortunately, the contractors began to talk to the locals and work began to slow to a crawl until they up and left before much had been done on the inside.  Marcus remained in the mansion by himself for almost a month before people began to whisper again.  Out-of-towners were also starting to skulk

Wanting to put up a semblance of normalcy again, Marcus put out word through his contacts that he was looking for highly capable hands.  Unfortunately, these contacts somewhat misinterpreted his requests and thought that the man might be lonely and thus pointed only women in his direction...

Today, a bus rolls in with those most closely matching what they thought he wanted.

As I'm thinking it, the mansion has numerous rooms and hidden facilities.  For now however, there are only 4 rooms fit for use - the Master's bedroom (and bathroom), the kitchen, the dinning room, and the shared servant's quarters.  Other rooms get renovated at a rate of one per every 2-4 weeks of game time as construction crews have to be found (they typically last the renovation of one room).  The mansion facilities have to be discovered before they can be repaired and made available for use (finding them and repairing them takes them away from their typical maid duties).

If you guys have other ideas, put them out there, but otherwise feel free to start making maids.

Idea & Request Thread

wander

Awesome, I'll get to rolling up a Maid hopefully later tonight. :)

Autocad

wander

I really like the last two personally. :)

I need to grab my Maid from my drivethru library, so glad it's saved there so I didn't lose it changing comps. ^^ I'll have a character rolled out likely tonight though I have a free day tomorrow, so may do it then. :)

Lunar Raven

Personally, I'm more partial to Maid Okuu and Maid Lamia in that order, but could work with any of them ;D

Idea & Request Thread

Jaded

I had a character done but apparently didn't save the sheet...  I'll try to get one done again in the next day or two.

wander

I'm still up for playing myself, I just need to redownload Maid from my drivethru account to my new computer when I get a chance.