Tales of the Powerverse (M&M 3e)

Started by Jazrae22, July 12, 2016, 07:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazrae22

MingMing,

Great backstory!  I look forward to learning more about your character!

Jaded,

Sorry to see you go!  Good luck in other writing endeavors.

Vyxenne,

Welcome back!  Now get to posting!

-Jaz

Jazrae22

I see that Knarfy had deleted his teleporter.  I'm sad to see them go.

Here are the current participants.

JazRae22: Opal - Energy Controller (Clear Fire)
Vyxenne:   Xenia - Alien Teleporter
ArinTails:  Maya Skylar - Mystic/Martial Artist
MingMing:  Fu - Summoner
Callie Del Noire: Totem

Jaded:  Non-Participant
Knarfy:  Non-Participant

Callie Del Noire

I got a few ideas.. Particularly after reading that awesome retake on the legendary villain.

Jazrae22

Are we in an Adult section?  I didn't realize!

Is there a way to move to a non-adult section?

-Jaz

Callie Del Noire

Well I will have to rethink my totem if we're going non sexual

Jazrae22

Who else is expecting this game to have sexual situations?  Raise your hand.

???

Vyxenne

"Expecting"?  No, not exactly expecting, but I prefer to keep my options open.  I'm committed to this game whether it is G-Rated with a 10 year-old in the core cast, or a mind-boggling Super Orgy.  But in most things I think it best to not impose extra limits on things.

That said, we don't have a GM yet.  He or she would decide what kind of game they want to run and what manner of content is acceptable.  And if it is "non-sexual" and me and another player want to get our Super Freak on, we could always duck into a separate thread in an adult-approved forum.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Jazrae22 on July 18, 2016, 07:47:32 PM
Who else is expecting this game to have sexual situations?  Raise your hand.

???

Not looking for it but expecting that it might be an option. Just Have to rethink my ideas

Jazrae22

I'm not a prude and I'm okay with some sexual content.  Of course, anything heavy involving the 10 year old wouldn't be appreciated, but I THINK everyone kinda agrees with that, so I don't see it being a problem.

I'm more of the romance, foreplay, heavy petting, fade out type of girl.

Fade up and someone's in the kitchen scrambling eggs. :)

Callie Del Noire

And that is what I'm looking at too.

Just.. hmm.. I'll work on the concept (looks at post con paperwork I need for rerinbursement from Paizo).. sometime this week

MingMing

Well...  I originally wrote the 'blog' for a academy style game, and the good thing is that I never 'dated' it really...  so it could be from eight years prior to the game starting, if need be.

I'm certainly not married to the child-concept entirely though I liked the idea of playing out the social helplessness of such a character.  That being said, there are other ways to tweak the concept, and so I won't hold the game hostage to the idea.
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Jazrae22

Thanks, MingMing!  I like your concept, and if we stayed completely non-sexual, I'd be okay with an ancient sorcerer trapped in the body of a 10-year-old girl, struggling to adapt to her new situation.  If we get into anything romantic, I think she should at least be 16 or 17.  If we do anything sexual, I'd rather she was 18.

Since we still don't have a GM, I say we just plug ahead with character concepts, plot ideas, settings and maybe some villains.

With ArinTails departure, that leaves two openings for 'players.'  Feel free to spread the word.

I know eternaldarkness was possibly interested.  I'll poke him.

Jazrae22

Finally rolled up Opal's background, but need to refine it before posting. Dad is a mercenary, mom is a shapeshifter, brother has similar powers but is bitter because she caused the accident that granted their powers. Also, she collects antique brooches. 😀

Vyxenne

Looking forward to seeing Opal!

How should we go about the world building?  Assign pieces to each player to fill out?  Or say everyone needs to give 1 villain, 1 location, 1 NPC, 1 plot hook, etc?

Jazrae22

Sorry I've been busy with work and college classes and other household issues, so I haven't had a chance to sit down and really pound out Opal's vitals.  Sorry.  I'll get to it.

Quote from: Vyxenne on July 22, 2016, 10:12:40 AM
Say everyone needs to give 1 villain, 1 location, 1 NPC, 1 plot hook, etc?

I love this idea!

Regarding the Plot Hook, I'm reminded of a book I contributed to years ago called 'Hero Hooks.'  In it, we were asked to come up with a generic plot hook, but then provide three different suggested reasons behind the hook.  Maybe we could use that concept for our plot hook ideas?

This link might still work: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/gimmicks_gadgets/cat_mutants_masterminds_adventures.php

Jazrae22

Work in Progress (I'll add the rest of the character sheet soon)

Opal

Amber Anne Luster

Amber was born to a mercenary father (Coldshot) and a shapeshifter mother (Dilettante).  Her mom, a former undercover spy, gave up her career to become a housewife after genetic scanners rendered her morphing abilities moot.  Her father, who was very nondescript and plain-looking, would spend months away from home on contract missions around the world.  She is the youngest child and has three older siblings and a twin brother, Flint, with whom she was always very close.

Early in life, she proved to be very skilled at dance, and was hailed as a sort of prodigy.  She became well known throughout the state and won several competitions.  However, her parents refused to let her go too far in dance, and encouraged her to pursue tennis instead.  Regardless, she was left with a whimsical heart.

Her mother returned to work when she was an adolescent, and an elderly neighbor started babysitting the children.  Miss Katie gave Amber her first brooch, and she started collecting them where ever she could find them.  She also taught Amber how to cook, and as a teenager, she was doing most of the cooking for the family.  She always kept the kitchen neat and tidy, which carried over to her room as well.

At 14, her father insisted that she and her brother attend Talbot Military Academy in up state New York.  While she was nervous at first, she found everyone greeting her very warmly as if they were old friends.  This made her more comfortable, and soon she was excelling in her studies.  They taught her ranged combat, martial arts, wilderness survival, weapon repair, survival sense, mountain survival, and combat driving.

Shortly after graduation, Amber and Flint were hired by Zexxon Industries as security guards.  They were even lucky enough to be put on the same shift and would often meet up during their tours of the facility.  One night during a thunderstorm, Amber was checking on an alert in the hazardous waste vault when Flint came to help her.  Finding the vault wide open, Amber insisted they check it out against Flint's concerns.  Once they were in the room, the vault door slammed shut, locking them inside.  Moments later, they noted a beeping noise just before a violent explosion.

Amber awoke in the hospital wrapped in bandages, her body covered in 3rd degree burns.  Flint was nearby and burned much the same, but still in a coma.  Filled with anguish, Amber was vexed with horrible nightmares of the fireball that had engulfed her and her brother.  Then one morning, she awoke to find herself on fire.  Screaming, the nurses ran in, but just as she begged them to put it out, the flames vanished, leaving her completely unscathed. 

After months of healing and some skin grafts, Anna recovered her beauty, although viscous scars plagued most of her body.  Flint awoke as well, but his face was burned much worse, leaving him horribly scarred.  Bitter and angry at her for the mistake that had cursed him, he said he never wanted to see her again.

Leaving the hospital, Amber returned to her parents home.  Telling her mother about the dreams and the flames that had engulfed her, the former spy sought to test her daughter for metahuman abilities.  They quickly discovered that Amber could control and emit fire, but also generated a defensive field and could fly.  The fire that manifested around her body formed in a pale pearlescent white and was almost completely transparent.

In a settlement from Zexxon, Amber was taken on as their new corporate meta-spokesperson.  Her identity still kept secret, she has just begun to travel the country to speak and perform on Zexxon's behalf.

Jazrae22

Callie Del Noire

Trying to come up with something..keep hearing a toilet flush when I think of an idea

Jazrae22

Does everyone have this kind of difficulty coming up with a character?  I'm happy to roll for my race, class and background and develop a character from nothing.  Sometimes I have specific ideas for a character's motivation or origin or appearance, but usually it's easy to fill in the blanks at random.

Callie Del Noire

It's not the game for me  helping 11 kids ages 8-12 has momentarily stunned my muse  I haven't been inspired in any game system for nearly 2 weeks  but it was fun inducting young imaginations into the hobby

Vyxenne

I'm still here, but I worry that people may have the wrong idea about this thread.  I don't think people are as interested in group world-building than making a character and starting to play.

Callie Del Noire

Trying to do that too.. Again.. Toilet flushing.. Poor poor muse.. So many munchkins at such a young age...

You don''t know true evil till you see four.  7-9 year olds play Goblins...

Jazrae22

Callie,

If you're having such difficulty coming up with an idea, you don't have to keep trying.  Sorry it didn't work out.

Vyxenne & MingMing,

Maybe we should post our characters in a new thread, looking for a GM?  Would either of you be averse to posting in the non-Adult thread?

-Jaz

Vyxenne

I wouldn't be.  Finding any game is more important than finding an adult game.

Callie Del Noire

I came up with a heroine NPC for the world.. The Teleporter of the world..   

Wayfare. Brit Citizen, Hindi by birth, adopted and raised by English parents; she's a math wiz who 'figured' how to mentally manipulate space while teaching a PhD course on spacial physics. (This would be like a Justice League world threat type on the scale of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman) Not a player.. Maybe not a hero.

You guys still looking to world build?

Also had this image of the world's sleaziest Paparazi.. Pinball! Nigh unbeatable forcefield.