Looking for D&D 5e Game(s)

Started by Jazrae22, July 05, 2016, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazrae22

Experienced player seeking D&D 5e games. 

Prefer to start at a lower level, but willing to start as high as 4 or 5.

Typically play Ranger, Fighter or Barbarian, but will play any class/race/background.

I like a smaller group of 2 to 4, if possible.

Can review and post at least two times a day on weekdays, more or less on weekends, depending.

"Have role, will play."

-Jaz

Irilinquent

If you find someone to DM, please count me in!

I usually play Cleric, Paladin or rogue!

Jazrae22

Irilinquent,

Thanks for jumping in!  What would you say to you and I posting some suggested character profiles to entice a prospective DM?

I could post a level 1 Ranger, Fighter and Barbarian, and you could post a level 1 Cleric, Paladin and Rogue. 

I figure we start with the basics, like name, race, class & background details; Weapons, spells, appearance and MAYBE a picture.  We could even include a complete character sheet if you want.  I have a great fillable PDF sheet, but also a pretty good Text-based sheet.

If you wanna go a step further, we could provide deeper back stories.  I love making back stories!  I use a book by Central Casting that always gives tons goodies for a seasoned DM to play with.

Let me know what you think!  Let's see if we can encourage a DM to take us on!

-Jaz

Irilinquent

Sure. I'll probably stick with some brief info for each as I wouldn't want to spend too much time thinking up one of each only to have it be a waste.

I'm about to head to bed though so I'll have it up in a couple of hours.

Jazrae22

Cool! 

Yeah, we should start with the basics.  Has to be a fresh-made character, with only details from the Player's Handbook.

I might pick a picture to base each of my characters around.  I'll start building tonight or tomorrow.

:)

-Jaz 

eternaldarkness

I might be tempted by this. I tend to do better as a DM with smaller numbers of players, especially when they are enthusiastic about the characters they're playing. Anything in particular you guys want for a campaign idea as far as themes and moods? And how do you want to prioritize the three 'pillars' between combat/exploration/interaction? What else do you both want out of a prospective GM, and the game? Give me all your informations!

Jazrae22

Hey eternaldarkness!

I like small, enthusiastic groups too!  Maybe just two or three willing and focused players?

So far as campaign theme/mood, I'm pretty good with a standard D&D fantasy world.  I'll play Ravenloft, but I'm not much into horror.  I like exploration interesting places, solving mysteries and defeating bad guys!  Even a little political intrigue to sate our social appetites too.

I would put Exporation first, then Interaction, and then Combat.  I like a good battle, but not a boring hack-n-shash campaign.  I want my character to grow as a person as they carve out their legend.  A little humor is fun but not a parody or farce.  Romance never goes amiss, so long as it's not a hump-fest. 

I like a GM who is creative and able to improvise.  Someone who will look at my character's goals, ideals, bonds and trickets as jumping off points for adventures, drama and conflict.  A visual writer who uses pictures, maps and memorable NPCs. 

I like to start at 1st level and really build my character's story and their reputation as we move from a village to a town to a city to the capital, then who knows?  Another dimension.

I hope we can work together!

-Jaz

Irilinquent

Here are my character info!

Name: Tristan Lewis
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Lathander (Assuming we're going with the Forgotten Realms Pantheon, if not, that's cool too.)
Archetype: Light Domain

Personality Trait: There is nothing I won't sacrifice for the sake of the innocent.
Ideals: To talk the talk is one thing, but I intend to show the people the benevolence of my deity.
Bonds: My relationship with my merry band of adventurers is a sacred one and even my life is not big enough of a sacrifice if it means keeping them safe.
Flaws: I sometimes enjoy a good drink and a good woman a little too much.

Name: Anson Kohler
Class: Paladin of Bahamut
Future Archetype: Oath of Vengeance

Personality Trait: Rash to a fault. Manners elude me.
Ideals: I live for the thrill of a good fight.
Bonds: I do what I do to keep my family back home safe.
Flaws: I trust women and children a little too much.

Name: Lana
Class: Rogue
Future Archetype: Thief or Arcane Trickster

Personality Trait: I'm not beyond using feminine wiles to get what I need
Ideals: All I want is a pouch full of gold and a belly full of mead.
Bonds: My daggers or as I call them, my girls, Lucia and Layla.
Flaws: If you don't see me, I'm probably in someone's home, stealing some loot. But don't worry, I share the spoils with my friends.

Hope you guys like 'em.

As for what I expect from a DM, I agree with what Jazrae22 says, except I would put Interaction first, Exploration and then Combat (Especially if we're playing on the forums, I find combat by post goes so slow, especially if you go turn by turn.)

Jazrae22

Name: Sariel Liadon
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Future Archetype: Hunter
Background: Noble

Personality Trait: My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
Ideal: It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine.
Bond: I will face any challenge to recover the approval of my family.
Flaw: I hide a scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Trinket: An ornate scabbard that fits no sword she has found so far

Name: Phellia "Fallen"
Race: Tiefling
Class: Fighter
Future Archetype: Battle Master
Background: Entertainer - Gladiator

Personality Trait: I change my mood or my mind as quickly as I change weapons.
Ideal: I'm in it for the money and fame.
Bond: I will do anything to prove myself superior to a hated rival.
Flaw: I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Trinket: A small wooden statuette of a smug halfling

Name: Corra Farborne
Race: Halfling
Class: Barbarian
Future Archetype: Path of the Totem Warrior
Background: Acolyte

Personality Trait: I've enjoyed fine food, drink and high society among my temple's elite.  Rough living grates on me.
Ideal: I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy.
Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Trinket: A tiny silver bell without a clapper

Irilinquent

What a lovely bevy of ladies. Are you gravitating towards any of them in particular?

Jazrae22

Phellia is my first choice, with Corra a very close second.  But I'll play any of them.  Which do you like most?

And which of your characters is your favorite?

Irilinquent

I really love the image for Sariel, but I've always been a sucker for a pretty face.

As for me, I'm thinking Tristan, followed by Lana then Anson. I only put Lana second because I usually only play males or shemales, rarely a pure female.

Jazrae22

Lana is lovely!  Tristan seems very honorable. 

I like playing pure females or pure men turned into pure females, but I'm okay playing either sex.  I have a weird relationship with shemales.  I don't mind playing one, and I can see myself becoming one IRL, but I don't want to be WITH one, even in fantasy.

Irilinquent

Yeah, totally understandable. I've been told I play a bad pure female, which is why I put Tristan over Lana.

Though in my mind, he's not really that kind of "boring" honorable. As much as possible, he tries to preach his deity's word, but he doesn't miss out on flirting with a pretty face. Or more, heh.

Jazrae22

Sounds fun!  I guess it's all in the hands of our prospective GM now. :)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jazrae22 on July 07, 2016, 05:32:19 PM
Hey eternaldarkness!

I like small, enthusiastic groups too!  Maybe just two or three willing and focused players?

So far as campaign theme/mood, I'm pretty good with a standard D&D fantasy world.  I'll play Ravenloft, but I'm not much into horror.  I like exploration interesting places, solving mysteries and defeating bad guys!  Even a little political intrigue to sate our social appetites too.

I would put Exporation first, then Interaction, and then Combat.  I like a good battle, but not a boring hack-n-shash campaign.  I want my character to grow as a person as they carve out their legend.  A little humor is fun but not a parody or farce.  Romance never goes amiss, so long as it's not a hump-fest. 

I like a GM who is creative and able to improvise.  Someone who will look at my character's goals, ideals, bonds and trickets as jumping off points for adventures, drama and conflict.  A visual writer who uses pictures, maps and memorable NPCs. 

I like to start at 1st level and really build my character's story and their reputation as we move from a village to a town to a city to the capital, then who knows?  Another dimension.

I hope we can work together!

-Jaz

It sounds like our preferred styles align well. For campaign settings, i rarely use a published campaign, though I may steal elements from them that I like. As for your characters, choose the ones you two would most enjoy, but i will give my .02 there - i really like Corra and Tristan the most. But again, choose the ones you want! I have already thought of great story hooks for most of them.

Irilinquent

Then I think I shall go right ahead and stick with Tristan.

I hope no one thinks of him as one of those preachy guys always saying "God bless you!" or anything. He's more of a roguish personality and a charmer, and prefers to act out the words of his god than talk about it.

Jazrae22

Corra it is!  I was very interested to see how I would go about playing a 'religious barbarian.'  Rather than growing up in a church, I figure she was raised by the tribe's shaman, maybe his/her daughter?  Since she'll probably follow a more 'naturalistic' god, I could even see some tension between her and Tristan.  I'll work up her character sheet soon. 

Should we use a fillable PDF, or a text-based character sheet?  I have both.

eternaldarkness

Text-based is preferred, and i'm not picky about the exact format as long as it's easy to read.

Irilinquent

Tristan Lewis Character Sheet

His spellsheet

Let me know if you're not pleased with it.

Oh right, the password to view it is my username Irilinquent.

Edit: Also, just curious, how would we handle sex scenes between PC/NPC? I assume it'd be a mostly fade-to-black, clean approach, since I saw in Jazrae's Intro thread that she prefers that, if it even happens at all, of course. I just want to be clear on things and expectations.

Jazrae22

Quote from: Irilinquent on July 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AM
Also, just curious, how would we handle sex scenes between PC/PC or PC/NPC?

:-[

Irilinquent

Jazrae22

;D

I was mostly just playing.  When I saw 'PC/PC' I got to thinking, 'What does Irilinquent have in mind?!'

Thank you for acknowledging my preferences.  I'm not averse to a romantic liaison between PCs, so long as it's properly motivated.  A little foreplay and heavy petting can be fun, but fade-to-black is preferred for the 'bizness.'

Jazrae22

Corra's basic text-based sheet.  I have it on PDF as well if you want.  More detailed background will follow soon.  Forgot my background generation book at home. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Character Name: Corra Farborne   |    Player: JazRae22   |     Height:  2'11"
             Race: Lt-foot Halfling |    Gender: Female     |     Weight:  38 lbs
  Class and Level: Barbarian 1      |       Age: 20         | Hair Color:  Blonde
       Background: Acolyte          |      Size: Small      | Hair Style:  Long
        Alignment: Good             |Handedness: Right      |  Eye Color:  Blue
Experience Points: 0/300            |     Speed: 25 ft      | Skin Color:  Light
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ability    |      |  Temporary   |    Hit Point Maximum:  14
      Score   Mod  | Save | Score   Mod  |
STR   15      +2  |  +4  |              |   Current Hit Points:  14
DEX   15      +2  |      |              |
CON   14      +2  |  +4  |              | Temporary Hit Points:  0
INT   13      +1  |      |              |
WIS   10       0  |      |              |       Total Hit Dice:  1d12+2
CHA    9      -1  |      |              |
INITIATIVE: Total  Dex   Misc    | DEATH   Successes: O--O--O
           :   +2 =  +2     0     | SAVES    Failures: O--O--O
           Total        Armor  Shld  Dex   Con   Misc
  AC  :     14      =    10           +2    +2   

Armor: Unarmored              Weight: 0 lbs

Base    Total   Prof   Str   Misc | Base    Total   Prof   Dex   Misc
Melee :   +4  =  2     +2         | Range :  +4   =   2    +2       

Weapon: Battleaxe               Weight: 4 lbs
   Move Name    Type    Atk   Damage    Range   Type       Special
   1-Handed    |Melee | +4  | 1d8+2  |   -    | Slashing |
   2-Handed    |Melee | +4  | 1d10+2 |   -    | Slashing |

Weapon: Javelin (x4)             Weight: 2 lbs
   Throw       |Ranged| +4  | 1d6+2  | 30/120 | Piercing |
   Attack      |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  |   -    | Piercing |

Weapon: Handaxe (x2)             Weight: 2 lbs
   Attack      |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  |   -    | Slashing | Light
   Off-hand    |Melee | +4  | 1d6    |   -    | Slashing | Light
   Throw       |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  | 20/60  | Slashing | Light

[+2] Proficiency Bonus

SKILLS
STR
[+2] ___ Athletics (Str)

DEX
[+2] ___ Acrobatics (Dex)
[+2] ___ Sleight of Hand (Dex)
[+2] ___ Stealth (Dex)

INT
[+1] ___ Arcana (Int)
[+1] ___ History (Int)
[+1] ___ Investigation (Int)
[+1] ___ Nature (Int)
[+3] _x_ Religion (Int)

WIS
[ 0] ___ Animal Handling (Wis)
[+2] _x_ Insight (Wis)
[ 0] ___ Medicine (Wis)
[ 0] ___ Perception (Wis)
[+2] _x_ Survival (Wis)

CHA
[-1] ___ Deception (Cha)
[+1] _x_ Intimidation (Cha)
[-1] ___ Performance (Cha)
[-1] ___ Persuasion (Cha)

OTHER PROFICIENCIES:               | LANGUAGES:
Light & Medium Armor               | Common
Simple & Martial Weapons           | Halfling
                                    | Dwarf
                                    | Giant
       |__CP__|__SP__|__EP__|__GP__|__PP__|
MONEY |      |      |      |  10  |      |
       |      |      |      |      |      |
GEAR (Weight): Backpack, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, Torches (10), Rations (10,
Waterskin, Hemp Rope (50 ft), Common clothes, Belt pouch, Holy totem (Torm),
Healer's kit, Religious headdress

TRINKETS: A small silver bell without a clapper

TOTAL WEIGHT: xx lbs
LOAD: Light (STRx5)   Medium (STRx10) Heavy/Max (STRx15)  Lift/Push/Drag (STRx30)
        75 lbs          150 lbs         225 lbs             450 lb
MAGIC ITEMS

PERSONALITY TRAITS
I've enjoyed the good life befitting my shaman's station. 
Rough living grates on me.
                      IDEALS
I hope to one day become a holy warrior of Torm.
                      BONDS
I would die to recover an ancient relic of Torm that was lost long ago.
                      FLAWS
Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of
everything else in my life.
                      FEATURES AND TRAITS
+ Rage (2 per long rest, lasts 10 rounds)
  - ADV on STR checks & saves
  - +2 STR-based damage
  - RES to bludgeoning, piercing & slashing damage

+ Lucky – Rerol natural 1s, but must take new roll.

+ Brave – ADV vs. frighten

+ Naturally Stealthy – Can attempt to hide when obscured by a creature at least
once size larger.

+ Small size – Move through the space of a larger creature.

+ Unarmored defense – AC=10+DEX Mod+CON Mod

+ Shelter of the Faithful (Torm)

BACKGROUND

Irilinquent

Hey, no worries.

We all have limits and things we don't like.

Anyway, I didn't have anything in mind, more of a precaution than anything else.

Also should we wait and see if we can get one more player or is this enough?

Jazrae22

No worries!

I would be fine with waiting for a third player, but I think that's up to the GM.

Jazrae22

Quote from: Irilinquent on July 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AM

His spellsheet

Let me know if you're not pleased with it.

Oh right, the password to view it is my username Irilinquent.

This link doesn't work for me.  I get there, I input the password, and it opens nothing.

Irilinquent

Really? Urgh. Do you know another way to host it? I'm horrid with such stuff.

Jazrae22

Irilinquent

Yup, works fine. Went back and re-linked it. Let me know if you can see it now!

Jazrae22

Works now!  Looks good.

I've decided that the image I used for Corra is probably her at 6th level or so.  Clearly I'm going to have to take the 'Dual Weilding' feat so she can use two battleaxes. 

So I'm commissioning an artist to do a 1st level version of her.  Maybe even a profile sheet with a couple of outfits and expressions. :)

Blinkin

As noted in the other thread, I have very limited experience with 5e, my one and only character was a rush job with no understanding of the game, so it's a pretty screwed up attempt. I would love to try with the actual understanding of the basics... I like rogues, so if anyone has an opening... I'm game...

I'll admit that I don't like what has been done with the paladin, but I'll try anything with a little help.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jazrae22

Hey Blinkin!

We'll have to see how many players and what level of experience our prospective GM is willing to accept.

Good luck building your character.  Happy to help if you need it.

Blinkin

I think the only thing that I really need is an OK for a homebrew archetype and just how much I have to spend on gear. It seems just off to be 3+ levels and all you have to show for it is starting gear... I want a forgery kit and some toys to play with.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Irilinquent

Quote from: Blinkin on July 08, 2016, 12:18:44 PM
It seems just off to be 3+ levels

I'm pretty sure we're all starting at level 1, unless I'm very much mistaken.

Jazrae22

Blinkin came over from another thread where we discussed possibly starting at level 3.

We're planning to start at level 1 here, Blinkin.  Perhaps you could use our earlier examples and give us some character concepts of your own for the GM to chose from?

Blinkin

I usually just offer a character for a game, but let me see if I can come up with something for a couple of profiles. There's two spellcasters, I think, so I'll see if I can find something to fill a slot.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Jazrae22

Two Spellcasters?

We have a Cleric and a Barbarian.  That's one spellcaster/healer and a tank.

The other four profiles were just ideas that were not turned into complete characters.

Blinkin

Sorry, thought that a wizard and cleric was chosen. I'm not at my best today.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

eternaldarkness

Starting level depends entirely upon what the players go with by consensus, so it's up to you guys. I prefer level 3 because it allows for some concepts to be partially realized, but one is also perfectly fine (i'm actually accustomed to running stories for level 7, 33 point-buy characters with a free uncommon magic item, so don't worry if you want to go with a higher starting level for any reason).

Edit: Whenever you three nail down what you want to do starting level-wise, i'll throw out some basic campaign world information (based off of your characters' plot hooks) and off we go.

My only other question: Where would you guys prefer to put this? I tend to go for Extreme by default just in case. And if you have any hard limits and such as far as sexual content, please do let me know. i don't intend this to be an especially smutty game, but i'm not against it if it happens.

Jazrae22

Quote from: eternaldarkness on July 08, 2016, 08:04:45 PM
Whenever you three nail down what you want to do starting level-wise, i'll throw out some basic campaign world information (based off of your characters' plot hooks) and off we go.

I'm partial to starting at Level 1.  Also, I'm working on a more in-depth background right now.  Will post soon.

I've also commissioned an artist to do some images of Corra at a lower level than the original image. 

Quote from: eternaldarkness on July 08, 2016, 08:04:45 PM
My only other question: Where would you guys prefer to put this? I tend to go for Extreme by default just in case. And if you have any hard limits and such as far as sexual content, please do let me know. i don't intend this to be an especially smutty game, but i'm not against it if it happens.

I have no preference on where you put the game.  I'm so new to E, I'm not really sure of the difference in most cases.  Extreme is fine 'just in case.'

-Jaz

Jazrae22

Corra's Backstory:

Corra is the only daughter of a Tribal Shaman and a Forester.  She was born in late winter in a brothel for reasons that have never been explained to her.  Her father was small, even for a Halfling, and unknown to Corra, he was secretly a former pickpocket, wanted by higher authorities.  Her mother kept her hair cropped very short, claiming it was easier to manage.

Shortly after she was born, her entire tribe was displaced by a group of invaders, and they fought constantly to defend their new land in the wilderness.  Raised to follow Torm, the god of war, courage and self-sacrifice, she would also learn to wield axes with great skill.  At the age of nine, she took an interest in story-telling, and also proved to be very skilled at impersonating voices, sounds and animals.  Through these stories she learned to be very impartial when it came to right and wrong, always seeing both sides of a situation.

Due to her privileged upbringing as the Shaman’s daughter, she never wanted for anything, and was well-mannered and polite.  She became very close with a large family that ran a nearby tavern, going there often to hear and tell stories and play with the children.  It was here she heard tales of a long lost relic of Torm, stolen by the invaders and never seen again.  She was also given a silver bell missing it’s clanger as a birthday present.  The presenter said they’d gotten it off of a peddler and thought it was pretty regardless of the missing piece.

At 16, her mother suddenly became very cold and distant toward her, seeming to be obsessed with the family of a common fisherman.  Her trust in her parent dulled, she became suspicious of most everyone, fearful that they could turn on her at any moment. 

At 19 there was a great revolt in the tribe, and she came down on the opposite side as her parents.  They disowned her, and when the revolt tore the tribe apart, she was set adrift to prove her worth.  Determine to prove her worth, she has set herself to finding the missing relic of Torm.

Muse

Good morning.  By chance do you have any room for a fourth? 

I'm particulalry interested in a druid (with a staff) or a wizard (with the Bladesinger specialtiy.)  But i'm perfectly happy to help fill vacant party rolls.  : ) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

I am aware that it would be preferred that I offer a series of characters, but I simply don't know the system and don't have enough access to create multiple characters for a new system to me to give a selection. So, there's this one and that's pretty much all that I have.

Name: Dashah Eversoel
Class: Rogue
Sex: Female
Archetype: Unselected.

Background: Although Dasha has always been a little free with both her affections and the definition of property, This isn’t to say that she isn’t trustworthy and honest… well, honest may be a little strong, but she has never stabbed a friend in the back, literally or otherwise.

A product of her early childhood of hard life just inches from homelessness, Dasha understood that no matter how hard you try, there are only two things that you could rely on; yourself and those few proven friends who’d help you get rid of the body… figuratively speaking. Sometimes, life was more than hard for the slender girl with the big blue eyes under all of that midnight hair, There were people who happily cut your throat for a copper, or do worse than kill you, so Dashah learned and learned quickly how to be nearly as bad as those people just to keep her skin in one piece… For the most part, it worked. In the end, it all instilled in her A fbelief that you got what you could in life by doing things that may not be exactly legal, but if people are foolish enough to believe a lie, then they get what they deserve.

By the time that Dasha was 14, she had blossomed out into a striking, if not conventional beauty and had been working for the local thieves guild as a straight man, errr, girl, for a number of small cons about town that ranged from bait and switch to selling false documents for the sell of entire crop ventures in the next town over. After fleecing one family of a significant amount of coin and later seeing the same family on the verge of starvation, she stopped working the con jobs for the guild and swore to herself that she would never put someone into a situation like she had endured as a child!

Within a year though, Dashah was doing her own cons, taking the occasional odd job and doing fairly well for herself when tragedy struck her.  Noble from a neiboring community had realized that he had been conned, not by her, but her former partner, for a measly 30 gold pieces. The con had been the purchase of a “potion of fortune,” that had been garrenteed to give him a full day of good luck and make all of his decisions great ones. Dashah hadn’t even been involved, but the noble had tracked down the conman and in an attempt to save his own life had given the noble the name of Dashah. The conman died anyway, but so did Dashah’s family in retribution for the embarrassment of the noble… All except for Dasha, who had not been at home and her younger sister had been mistaken for her.

With the skills that she had already learned, Dashah created a false identity for herself and immediately relocated to begin establishing it  in a way that would hide her… and prepare her to take her revenge upon the man who had stolen from her and killed innocent people!

Dashah, under her new guise of Natashah Riskmonte, has become obsessed with gaiing money in her pursuit of her revenge; taking on any job or task, regardless of the risk, to make more and plan for the night that she would plunge a dagger into the eye of a certain noble…She may even have a bit of a deathwish.

BACKGROUND: Charlatan
FAVORITE SCHEME: I convince people that worthless junk is worth their hard earned money
PERSONALITY TRAITS: I   pocket anything I see that might have some value
IDEALS: Fairness, I never target people who can’t afford to lose a few coin
BONDS: A powerful person killed someone that I loved. Someday soon, I’ll have my revenge.
      FLAWS: I’m too greedy for my own good, I can’t resist taking a risk if there’s money involved in it.

As far as starting level, I lean toward starting off a little past 1st; mainly because on E, the system games rarely last long enough to get to level 2, much less anything more interesting and at 1st level, aside from the backstory, the characters don't have much variety to them. One PC rogue is pretty much the same as another PC rogue, or whatever class you're playing. You see a little more variety and individuality start to appear by 3rd or 4th level.
In a tabletop situation, I don't mind 1st level because you have a fair amount of certainty that you'll see levels fairly quickly at first... On Forums, you'll be lucky to ever see 2nd level. If it were up to me, I would go for 3 or 4th to start with.

As far as the forum itself, I tend to go for at least NC, if not extreme simply to have the freedom to allow a little unusual content if it popped up. I did have a game once that a player refused to play because it was in NC; he was absolutely positive that NC meant that non-con had to be present and he wasn't comfortable with even the possibility. *shrugs*

Anyway, here's  the character sheet.

Character sheet in text format

AC: 14            HP: 10/10
CHARACTER NAME: Dashah Eversoel PLAYER NAME: Blinkin
CLASS: Rogue         LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human         GENDER: Female
ALIGNMENT: LN      EXP:  0
PROFICIENCY BONUS: +2   INSPIRATION:
SPEED: 30’         INITIATIVE: +3

Ability Scores:
STRENGTH:12 (+1)
SAVING THROWS: +1
DEXTERITY: 17 (+3)
SAVING THROWS: +5
CONSTITUTION: 14 (+2)
SAVING THROWS +2
INTELLIGENCE: 16 (+2)
SAVING THROWS: +5
WISDOM: 14 (+2)
SAVING THROWS: +2
PASSIVE WISDOM (PERCEPTION):
CHARISMA: 14 (+2)
SAVING THROWS:  +2

HIT DICE
HP MAX: 10      CURRENT HIT POINTS: 10/10
TEMPORARY HIT POINTS: 0

Weapons:
NAME: Rapier
ATTACK BONUS: +5
DAMAGE/TYPE: 1D8/Piercing

NAME: Dagger (x2)
DAMAGE/TYPE: 1D4+5/Piercing

NAME: Shortbow
DAMAGE/TYPE:  1D6

ARMOR:
   Name: Leather
AC: 11+Dex         Weight: 10 lbs
Stealth: No Disadvantage.

Skills:
DECEPTION (CHA): +4
INVESTIGATION(INT): +8
PERCEPTION: (WIS) +4
Pursuasion (CHA): +4
SLEIGHT OF HAND(DEX): +5
STEALTH(DEX): +5

OTHER PROFICIENCIES & LANGUAGES:
   Thieves Tools: +10
   Disguise Kit: +4
   Forgery Kit: +4
   Weapons: Rapier, shortsword, longsword, simple weapons, shortbow, hand crossbow.
Armor: Light armors

FEATURES & TRAITS
   Second IdentityYou have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and disguises that allow you to assume that persona.
Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.
Expertese: Pick 2 skills and double the modifier
Sneak Attack 1D6: If you have advantage or if an ally is within 5’, you can attack with an extra 1D6 of damage if you do not have disadvantage or the target is incompasitated.

TREASURE:
GP: 15

EQUIPMENT:
10' string
50' Hemp Rope
1000 x ball bearings
Arrows (20)
Backpack
Bell
Belt pouch
Candles (x5)
Crowbar
Daggers (x2)
Disguise kit (10 uses)
Hammer
Hooded Lantern
Leather Armor
Oil Flasks (x2)
Pitons (x10)
Rapier
Rations (x5)
Set of fine clothes
Shortbow
signet ring
Tinderbox
Thieves tools
Waterskin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Irilinquent

His spellsheet

Tristan was left on the doorstep of a temple of Lathander as a child. It wasn't anything tragic, his parents weren't dead or murdered or anything. They were simply too poor to raise another child. As a result, Richard and Leigh left their newborn son in the care of the clergy of the Morninglord.

Tristan grew up as a thin and reedy child, but deeply devout. He always knew who his parents were and they didn't shy from acknowledging him as their child at a young age either. They were very open with him regarding the issue and that if they could have it any other way, they certainly would not have given up their child. Tristan, full of forgiveness in his  heart,  held no grudges against them. Instead, he tended to his duties in the temple, leading the flock in prayer, aiding to mend and to heal as and when he learned how to.

It was when he was on the cusp of adulthood, that one day, he stood on the banks of a river, watching the sunrise as all Lathanderian clerics are taught to do, that he noticed a woman, bare and naked, bathing herself. It was love at first sight for the child. He later on learned that she was new to the city when she came to the temple for prayer. Since then, the young but sprightly boy had been enamoured with the female form.

It wasn't illegal or anything, as they did not swear an oath of chastity (afterall, part of the Morninglord's domain was birth and fertility) but he became a touch too enamoured by it. He became well-known at the local brothels, visiting ladies of the night and seeking their favors. The head priest frowned upon this and tried to stomp it out, but it merely resulted in him continuing in secret.

Other than that, Tristan was a model citizen, as proven during a particular bandit raid on his town when he was 25. He knew he was not capable of frontline assaults, so he stayed back, supporting the guards. But when they were outflanked and attacked from the rear, Tristan was the first to throw himself in the way of innocents, buying them time to escape and suffering numerous wounds in the process, a particular vicious scar on his forehead being one of the many souvenirs one the attack.

He was regarded as a folk hero after that and shortly after, once he turned 26, decided it was time to go on his pilgrimage, to seek out other like-minded individuals, help the innocent and of course, find more women.

---------------

Level-wise, I'm not really bothered with it. 1-3 is fine for me!

Jazrae22

Looking forward to this game!  Starting level and number of players is now up to eternaldarkness.

Jazrae22

Irilinquent

I guess we're just waiting for word from eternaldarkness. :(

Jazrae22

Recap for eternaldarkness:

JazRae22:    Corra Farborne,    Lightfoot Halfling Acolyte Barbarian 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Irilinquent: Tristan Lewis,     Human Acolyte Cleric 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Blinkin:     Dashah Eversoel,   Human Charlatan Rogue 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Muse:        Interested player, Druid or Wizard.

If we don't want two Acolytes, Corra can change backgrounds.

eternaldarkness

I have been trying to find a new job, and after getting my very amazing wife to rewrite my resume` i have....a plethora of companies chomping at the bit to hire me. I'll get us rolling within the next day or two, though. I am in a very good mood :D

Blinkin

wow, can your wife rewrite my resume' too?? ;)

Congrads on the new opportunities!
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Jazrae22

Congratulations!  Take your time!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jazrae22 on July 12, 2016, 07:46:02 AM
Recap for eternaldarkness:

JazRae22:    Corra Farborne,    Lightfoot Halfling Acolyte Barbarian 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Irilinquent: Tristan Lewis,     Human Acolyte Cleric 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Blinkin:     Dashah Eversoel,   Human Charlatan Rogue 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Muse:        Interested player, Druid or Wizard.

If we don't want two Acolytes, Corra can change backgrounds.

Comments and final questions before i throw out some different setting ideas and get us going: Duplicate backgrounds is fine. You can even create one whole cloth if you need one that fits better, as backgrounds are very simple to create, and i am very well-versed in creating 5E content from scratch if need be. Any published content is fine by me, including the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Elemental Evil Players Guide, plus Unearthed Arcana on a case by case basis. I use a lot of custom/reskinned monsters, so if you're one of those people who has the Monster Manual memorized, prepare to be surprised.

Now, for what I need from the players. Everyone give me one specific element of their characters background/history they want to see come into play early on. I'll take your answers and use them to craft the initial plot, then go from there.

Jazrae22

Corra is mainly setting out to find more information on and then to ultimately recover a lost relic of Torm. 

But as far as an element of her background that could come into play early, I would say the clangerless silver bell around her neck.  It was purchased by friends from a peddler and given to her as a gift, so it's history and significance is totally a mystery.

Irilinquent

Tristan, by himself, is an awfully plain character. I like them that way because I'm not much a lover of the classic-family-is-murdered route. So I can't really think of something related to him other than his love of both his religion and women. What makes Tristan Tristan is his personality and not much else. Plus, I don't usually give out free trinkets to my players personally, so I didn't bother to roll for one.

Blinkin

Well, with concern of sounding clichic and holding to the randomness of the dice... the noble who killed her family.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Jazrae22

Jazrae22

eternaldarkness

I'm gonna have to pass on running this after all. Between work and running a lot of 5E on my chat game, i am entirely burned out on 5E for a while as a GM. Sorry guys, and good luck finding someone else.

Jazrae22