News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Infinity

Started by greenknight, June 20, 2016, 08:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprikut

So I Kickstarted and my inclination is to get people using the life path system (I don't want to make you buy the book twice though D:)  with a PbP system game (with a few tweaks TBD.) I don't expect daily posts but ideally we'd be getting weekly from everyone to keep things moving.

I'm going to leave my hook below and if you're interested I'd say PM me and we can start sorting the game details from there.

Stage Lights and Surgical Saws

Bakunin, home of VaudeVille and the Praxis Black Labs. The biggest hub of alternative entertainment across the human sphere. Neo-Libertarianism is like a cult to the technicolour masses, go where you please do whatever you want, just don’t get caught, and  don’t endanger the ship. Anything you can imagine, no matter how morally corrupt, you can do here. The brightest minds this side of Pan Oceania come, for the freedom to experiment and research whatever they like.

On the surface the bright colours and free living paint a lovely picture. Bakunin has a darker side, the shady underbelly that makes the lights of VaudeVille blaze. Every day people go missing aboard the ship; some voluntarily in search of a new life, others gets dragged down into the darkness. Destined for the illegal fighting and prostitution rings that entertain the masses. Never stare a Pupnik in the eye, you never know what will look back.

The Moderators, the local constabulary, do their best and it’s a damn well impressive bit of policing they manage but their focus is on the people. Recovering the people, if you can still call them that, that become Pupniks; people whose body and mind have been re engineered. Left with little more personality than an animal and tweaked to provide violent or sexual entertainment. Shutting down the geneslicers that take a few organs while they’re in there. Or just protecting Mother Bakunin from the reckless scientists ready to blow a hole in her the size of an apartment complex.

What they don’t manage to deal with are goods and ideas. For many the services of a surreptitious courier are needed. Enter Carry All Couriers (CAC), if you need a package and don't need the anyone poking around it CAC are the first couriers to contact. For the average client the CAC services are simple pick up a package and deliver it with a minimum of attention paid to it.

Behind closed doors the CAC offers a selection of particularly niche services to  rich clientele. Need to pick up a parcel from a hostile environment, say the business vault of a competing company? Or maybe you just need some cyber cleaning, erasing a record or design plans with extreme prejudice from a server. Client’s buy a meeting to outline their requirements, all details kept confidential and strictly off the books. Then the CAC gives a price for the service, If you have the money, CAC will deliver. So tell me again about this ‘special’ job of yours?

Crash

Couple of questions...

What does [CD] mean in the rules.

and the character I have comes with Armored Paramilitary Uniform (Pilots), but I cannot find it in gear.  Any thoughts on what type of armor that might be?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Dhi

[CD] is Combat Dice, d6. So a pistol that's 1+3[CD] damage is 1+3d6.

Crash

Dhi - Thanks that was driving me nuts!

So when your career earnings says 1+1[CD], you are rolling 1+1d6 and seeing if it is higher or lower than your Earning Rating correct?

Gear is driving me a little nuts too.  Just give me money and a cost chart good Lord!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

I like it in theory! In practice it's probably just going to discourage purchases. It didn't even occur to me to use the purchase system at this stage, I just looked up my freebie gear and said that looks fine. Plus, I don't think the gear section is anywhere near done.

Crash

You have assets equal to you Personality to use for starting gear, but those a pretty much dice modifiers to an acquisition roll if I am reading things right.

Sprikut

For clarity.

You have Cashflow (5+ Earnings + Lifestyle Expertise) and Assets (Personality + Modifiers).

Cashflow resets at the start of every session and from Asset Management.

Assets need an asset management test to rearrange.

An item costs Restriction is how hard it is to find. So you make a Lifestyle test Vs. Difficulty of the Restriction. You can use Assets to get +1/Asset on this test.

To Buy once you've found it.  Cost + Tariff - Earnings if its more than 0 This is subtracted from your Cashflow and you get a Shortfall (Shortfalls penalize Asset management)

Crash